OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Some more spoilers:

You know how the ESRB describes a scene where a man and infant is shot with a blood splatter appearing below the infant? Well, it's that scene in the Release Date trailer where Higgs is shooting Sam, he misses Sam but it seems to hit BB but BB survives.
The five floating figures are seen three times in the game, two in the trailer bits and near the end.
No Day/Night cycle, only a weather cycle through Timefall.
Game has 14 chapters
Sam doesn't get any sort of powers or whatever outside of being able to revive after being killed
Die-Hardman and Cliff go way back. Cliff was his commanding officer in the army. Whenever Die-Hardman looked like he was gonna die in battle, Cliff would always save him. Thus, he's Die-Hardman because it's hard to kill him as Cliff would save him every time.
Cliff's wife's full name is "Amelisa Bridges"
Amelie caused the Death Stranding by accident, the Chiral Network bridges the connection between Amelie's beach and the real world. Higgs wants to hijack this in order to initiate extinction. It seems the Homo Demens really are just mad man after all, there isn't any sort of ulterior motive with them.
The lady in those photos (on the left) Sam carries is his wife, it seems the game doesn't really touch on that much.
88gcuit.jpg

alperentkrol

Oct 21, 2019
Hi vestan, just a quick question, I don't read above because i don't want to see the plot. Was the moon thing really false? and 5 floating guys are really just shown and never described what they are? and any p.t. connection?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hi vestan, just a quick question, I don't read above because i don't want to see the plot. Was the moon thing really false? and 5 floating guys are really just shown and never described what they are? and any p.t. connection?
The moon thing was fake yeah. You don't go to the moon in this game. Five floating figures are shown three times but they're never really delved into. Apparently there are a few MGS and P.T references here and there, alongside references to other games like Horizon: Zero Dawn.

alperentkrol

Oct 21, 2019
The moon thing was fake yeah. You don't go to the moon in this game. Five floating figures are shown three times but they're never really delved into. Apparently there are a few MGS and P.T references here and there, alongside references to other games like Horizon: Zero Dawn.
By referance, you mean a sequel or just in same world, or just random things?

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming the 5 figures do have an explanation or at least something people will figure out when they're not rushing through the game, just maybe not a literal textual one. I imagine there will be some interesting theories.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So what the fuck is happening after chapter 2, reviews can't go further than chapter 2, so more than 3/4 of the game... Does Kojima wants to hara kiri his own game?
This isn't confirmed so take it with a grain of salt but apparently Chapter 3 delves more into Fragile and Timefall content which is why they aren't allowed to speak on it and anything past it. Again, take it with a grain of salt, I don't know if any of this is true, but supposedly Chapter 3 is also when you unlock fast travelling.

By referance, you mean a sequel or just in same world, or just random things?
Just random things and little nods, nothing that indicates these games are connected.

I'm assuming the 5 figures do have an explanation or at least something people will figure out when they're not rushing through the game, just maybe not a literal textual one. I imagine there will be some interesting theories.
I'm really hoping this game has a sort of true ending that gives us an idea of what these things are. It seems crazy that those five floating figures that were in the very first trailer go the game without having a spotlight shone on them.

Last edited:

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Okay I don't want to read any story spoilers, but can someone give an idea of just what the gameplay loop is like? Any twists on what we've seen so far?

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok i know this won't be answered till someone get's this, but how does this game sound on a home theater system?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Honestly the moon thing just seems even to far for kojima its going from over the top to bullshittery which i love over the top but i dont want it to seem that nonsensical

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anything about a secret ending when you complete the post game?

Just like MGSV and Peace Waker.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Did they explain the handprints on Sam's body and everywehre? Did they explain the C-section on Sam's body and the doll of Cliff? Did they explain why Sam is pregnant with Cliff's son and why every BB should be attached the umbilical cord attached to the bellybutton of any person even men? Is Cliff's real name John Shephird like it was leaked before and what does his blackhole rifle do in the game?
So many answers not answered by those leaks that is why I am still doubting the veracity of those leaks and like I explained before, they may just got those screenshots somewhere from real persons who played the game and few infos too but they can't answer on every question sicne they aren't the direct persons who playd the game.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Did they explain the handprints on Sam's body and everywehre? Did they explain the C-section on Sam's body and the doll of Cliff? Did they explain why Sam is pregnant with Cliff's son and why every BB should be attached the umbilical cord attached to the bellybutton of any person even men? Is Cliff's real name John Shephird like it was leaked before and what does his blackhole rifle do in the game?
So many answers not answered by those leaks that is why I am still doubting the veracity of those leaks and like I explained before, they may just got those screenshots somewhere from real persons who played the game and few infos too but they can't answer on every question sicne they aren't the direct persons who playd the game.
I mean the leaks in general don't seem like they're trying to answer everything.

I wouldn't worry too much, this is a Kojima game, there will be tons of details lol.

Sunlight

Apr 22, 2019
It's so strange that those leakers don't mention anything about the multiplayer component, which is the most important part of the game. It seems those leakers are playing single player mode. I am curious are they legit reviewers? How do they get these copies? Do they have played multiplayer?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like it's way too early to be talking about what could be sequel bait when these leaks have so little detail

this stuff could be just crammed into whatever is an equivalent to a cassette tape in this game that the leaker just hasn't collected. Or tied to side/optional cutscenes and content in general.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
so the leaked consensus so far is 'great story, tediously boring gameplay: 9/10' ?

Beginning of the game is slow with a lot of repetitive delivery walking stuff taking most of the time. Apparently that takes a turn mid way through and gets more tps action packed and with better-paced storytelling.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Leakers probably aren't focusing on this but just wondering if we have to worry about any.... Quiet situations.

Really hoping for some strong women in this one. Kojima gave me The Boss among many others so I know he can.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like it's way too early to be talking about what could be sequel bait when these leaks have so little detail

this stuff could be just crammed into whatever is an equivalent to a cassette tape in this game that the leaker just hasn't collected. Or tied to side/optional cutscenes and content in general.
True, it could be even unlocked by a community event like the nuke on MGSV hopefully not though since it's gonna be near impossible to organize something like that

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Leakers probably aren't focusing on this but just wondering if we have to worry about any.... Quiet situations.

Really hoping for some strong women in this one. Kojima gave me The Boss among many others so I know he can.

I think I read something about Fragile being stripped down and forced to run in Timefall by Higgs wearing only his mask, which is why her face appears youthful?

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
So what I'm getting is that the game gives a middling first impression and then gets GOOD.

Apr 27, 2018
According to my anonymous source, here's the licensed songs used in the game.
wGLO4O9F2DemAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
T4hx2uhioFlAJKAaXAfyrwDY7AxvTHbtkFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
7VjByUAAAAIxPq3NsYhLIEyfxIgQIAAAQIECBAgUAo4F0t92QQIECBAgAABAgQIECBAgAABAgSOBZyLxOpToAAAQIECBAgQIAAAQ.png

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Are there any new gameplay images floating around? Maybe something from Hades? I haven't been able to track any down.