• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, it would be hilarious if Nakamura went back

I don't believe it, but I could also see him being someone New Japan would offer a stupid amount of money to

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ilja is the obvious match to me. EVOLVE will probably build to Darby/Theory with Darby winning the title. Gabe straight up said it was originally supposed to be Strickland/Darby Mania weekend but they scrapped it (aka Strickland is getting signed). Title sure feels worthless after hot potatoing it 3 times now due to WWE

Darby dethroning Theory and defending it in the main event of the Supershow seems likely unless Gabe wants to go with Theory, in which case "hahahahahaha"

I have tickets to both WWN Supershow and RevPro. I'm planning on being at RevPro but a few crazy matchups on top of the Supershow could get me to choose that. We'll see. Same goes for SHIMMER/US vs. The World but I have no faith in SHIMMER. I guess the only draw for SHIMMER is it'd presumably have a better crowd than the local one

Theory feels like a transitional champion for Darby, since he is the only heel with a built in relationship/storyline with Darby. I'd be shocked if the main event of the Supershow wasn't a Darby dream match, unless Gabe wants to have the Darby title win occur on the Supershow.

I'm on the same boat re Shimmer and US vs the World. Nothing on US vs the World is blowing me away right now so I may go to Shimmer just because I already have tix to it.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Theory feels like a transitional champion for Darby, since he is the only heel with a built in relationship/storyline with Darby. I'd be shocked if the main event of the Supershow wasn't a Darby dream match, unless Gabe wants to have the Darby title win occur on the Supershow.

I'm on the same boat re Shimmer and US vs the World. Nothing on US vs the World is blowing me away right now so I may go to Shimmer just because I already have tix to it.
SHIMMER will probably be a good show, I'm fortunate enough to live in the area so I can see their normal tapings. SHIMMER 100 in NOLA was good (and honestly way tighter than what they normally run at tapings) but they don't embrace the Mania Weekend Supercard like most promotions do (and should?). It also kind of bothers me that the first two names they announced were girls who really aren't very good. Madison Eagles will be there though and she is incredible. Killer Kelly will likely be there due to wXw

US vs. The World to me just feels like Wrestlecon's attempt at a bootleg PWG (the same way the Penis Party is a bootleg Spring Break). All of the names they've announced are good, I'd like to believe that Cage/Tanaka will be good but I have little faith in bloated muscleman delivering on Mike Awesome spots. I figure the Dragon Gate dudes will get tossed in there, if they run PAC vs. Robbie Eagles that'd be fuckin awesome. Alternatively, PAC/Eita vs. LAX. There's options.

I figured since I'm going to Spring Break the Wrestlecon stuff is halfway there from the WWN venue so it makes it a bit easier traveling too

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I dont care what people think. If Nakamura's contract is up either NJPW need to snatch him up or whatever the fuck The Elite is going to needs to grab him fast otherwise their company will be The Elite vs themselves.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The two big potential storylines for Nakamura in NJPW before he left were; CHAOS civil war vs Okada, and Naito surpassing him. Since then they've done the CHAOS stuff with Switchblade (albeit with him defecting to Bullet Club rather than taking CHAOS from Okada) and Naito got his symbolic passing of the torch moment vs Tanahashi, rather than Nakamura. That's not to say there isn't fresh ground for him to cover, but I kinda feel like he hasn't been away long enough for it to have the impact his return should.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Mustafa Ali is an incredibly talented likable dude that the crowd can easily get behind and can bring meaningful representation of Pakistani talent within the WWE roster.

So I expect him to turn heel in about three weeks.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Mustafa Ali is an incredibly talented likable dude that the crowd can easily get behind and can bring meaningful representation of Pakistani talent within the WWE roster.

So I expect him to turn heel in about three weeks.
Feels like thats where he might have been heading on 205 Live (might just have been my wishful thinking though with me getting tired of the scrappy underdog thing) but I think he's a face for the foreseeable future on SD.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So Brad Shepard owned himself again. He published a report claiming that Vince absolutely hates Asuka. Problem is that Tokyo Sports published an interview that very same day with Asuka. Where she talked about her future goals in WWE (Which are to wrestle Ronda, and to raise the quality of the women's division even further), and that the very first person who congratulated her after the TLC match was Vince McMahon. Who apparently gave her a hug and was completely over the moon in regards to her work.

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
christ Walter v PAC should be something special. He's usually not in sleepwalking mode in OTT, so I'm pretty excited for it.

(fixed typo)

Last edited:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
christ Walter v PAC should be something special. He's usually note in sleepwalking mode in OTT, so I'm pretty excited for it.
I've read nothing but rave reviews for the Devlin and Ospreay matches, but haven't actually watched either

*whoops i misread because of note instead of not, thought you were saying he usually is in sleepwalking mode lol

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a wrestler is as good as the gifs they produce, is BigE the best wrestler of the generation?

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've read nothing but rave reviews for the Devlin and Ospreay matches, but haven't actually watched either

*whoops i misread because of note instead of not, thought you were saying he usually is in sleepwalking mode lol

Ahh sorry, fixed it. Both of them were absolutely worth checking out, same goes for Ringkamf vs Devlin and Starr also in OTT.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WWE put out more of their surveys today. Asking which of their shows people like and dislike and why. Then some specific stuff about why people enjoy Smackdown.

They asked about different options to add stakes to the matches like a ranking system, points based on wins and losses, and a few other options.

Historically these types of surveys are things they are actually listening to and thinking about, so it's worth mentioning.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WWE put out more of their surveys today. Asking which of their shows people like and dislike and why. Then some specific stuff about why people enjoy Smackdown.

They asked about different options to add stakes to the matches like a ranking system, points based on wins and losses, and a few other options.

Historically these types of surveys are things they are actually listening to and thinking about, so it's worth mentioning.
Ranking system for smackdown? Would make sense if fox wants it sports oriented.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man it'll be nuts if they finally take win/loss records into account for title shots.

Oct 25, 2017

I was going to say rankings and points feels weird in the world of wrestling, but then I remembered that's basically the G1

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's fucking awesome and I'm pretty sure I had him in one of my "EVOLVE should be using these guys" lists. Dude is a standout at AAW and proud outspoken Elgin loyalty aside the dude is a star

His match with AR Fox owned. He also won that 4 way, so Evolve must be pretty high on him, especially considering he won over BSHP KNG who was getting hyped up before the shows