Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I would hope the fact that whatever product Toby releases next will be a guaranteed slam dunk attracts a strong team.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Yeah I don't think Toby will have issues getting a team. He can take however long he needs to, though whatever comes out of it will be gold.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god he cleared up the episodic/free speculation, I knew it'd be just like Undertale lol.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
toby fox posts a bit like someone very earnest who was translated from the original japanese by a very kind translator

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a team doesn't end up diluting his very specific quirkiness. I kinda like that it looks like most of the game was made in paint in someones free time at parts.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Should I make a thread about his comments? Feel like some people might miss it otherwise.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Oh man, I was sort of assuming this release meant the full game was pretty close to completion.

I really loved it though. Sounds like I'm going to have to be patient, but that's okay since this is worth it.

(Uh. I'm hoping it'll take a bit less long than 7 years though.)

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, this is pretty crushing. I mean, I get it, game deving is Hell. But in a probable decade will there honestly be enough people that would still care?

When it comes to Undertale? Absolutely. The fanbase of this game is huge.

Not that Toby would hire random fans, but I'm sure he could find some talented people who enjoyed Undertale who would be more than happy to work on its successor.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Ooof, it's gonna be at least 3 years before this releases. I'd purge it from your mind if possible lol

Auxy

Jan 1, 2018
Newmarket, UK
Hearing that this is a demo for a full game that's 0% done is heartbreaking, but reading about how much effort/struggle he took to make it and the ambition he has makes me respect him. Happy the lore questions have been cleared up a bit too.

I'm sure Toby will struggle with how to lead a team, but he's been fantastic by his own merit so far and surrounded himself with some great friends too. I can imagine him pulling in a great group that I'm willing to wait years for.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqn3p9

New post answering quite a lot of questions about the game!
Ron-Swanson-Fist-Of-Feels-Success.gif

The closing remarks are all I needed to hear. Hell yeah.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that is kind of disappointing. That it'll be a looong time before the rest is done.

Also, feels weird if it is unrelated to Undertale outside of re-using the characters/names and some things. I mean, I guess it fits that the game would be an anagram of Undertale, using the same pieces in a different way. But then the Chara looking Kris and some other things being linked to Undertale makes things feel weird. I guess it's the Final Fantasy approach or using the same monsters and similar themes etc but just feels weird when it's something very original doing it.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Dang, this is pretty crushing. I mean, I get it, game deving is Hell. But in a probable decade will there honestly be enough people that would still care?

Sure. I'd say that Undertale was a big enough deal that there would be, actually. If anything people would want a new game from him even more after such a long time (that it hopefully won't take).

Oct 25, 2017
The wait for this is going to be SUPER hard for me. This demo was one of the most fun things i've played in ages.

So 2 years for chapter 1.... 6-7 characters. Oh good this game will be out in 15 years

Oct 25, 2017
The team stuff makes me think it's more likely to be finished than not but IDK.

But wait, did he seriously make this demo with just him and temmie?? are they insane??

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
i bet it will also come up that deltarune/undertale isn't just an anagram for "unrelated" it can also be "unaltered"

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think this isn't getting finished. He seems to downplay his skills often, honestly or not, but I'm confident he'll amass a talented team and work things up.

And if it doesn't pan out that's fine too. I'm so grateful for his content, I can't really complain.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Honestly I'm glad we're getting a Undertale follow up at all. I was worried Undertale's success and popularity would scare Toby from making any future projects due to fear of disappointment. I'm okay with waiting 5 years if needed if we can get the love and polish of Chapter 1 throughout the whole game.

Deltarune is special in its own way and I'm glad it exists. Bless Toby

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to beat Jevil on my first try, but it was really close. Kris went down right before the final hypnosis, and then Ralsei went down right after I tired him out. I'm pretty sure I was literally one hit away from losing.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Deltarune might not affect Undertale's story, but I'm still certain it's more connected than he's making it sound.

The team stuff makes me think it's more likely to be finished than not but IDK.

But wait, did he seriously make this demo with just him and temmie?? are they insane??

Yeah, same. Clearly Toby's worried about how a team will work out for him, and that's understandable since it's new to him. But if that goes well, and honestly, he shouldn't have any trouble finding talent for his next game so that should make for a good start, I could actually see it go really well for him!

And Toby absolutely does tend to downplay his skills, yeah.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expected the game being far from being ready, as he said exactly that in his 'Gaster' tweets from two days ago.

I don't mind though, he can take his sweet time and build a passionate team. Deltarune may just be a demo, but I had more fun and hype with it than many games this year and I'm grateful for that. It took me three hours to do it, that's a little bit less than what it took me to beat Undertale. I would've freaking paid money for this and it was free.

Greatess Halloween in a long time.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care how many years it takes Toby to make fluffy boy adventures 2, I will be there with my wallet open.

First try..... I'm so jealous.

I uh, also managed to beat that boss first try, but not before using up all of my healing items and being right on the brink of death as the fight ended. That was a real anus clencher for sure, lol.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I uh, also managed to beat that boss first try, but not before using up all of my healing items and being right on the brink of death as the fight ended. That was a real anus clencher for sure, lol.

To be honest

Jevil isn't THAT hard, he is hard for a Chapter 1 anything, but come on, he doesnt even stack up to Undyne the undying and Sans, as a taste for super hard bosses if the game ever comes out he works perfectly tho!

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom

oh.

I feel inadequate ;__;

I don't even know many times I've attempted him at this point, I've lost count. I didn't have this much trouble with anything in Undertale!

(at least I now know I have plenty of time to finish this)

To be honest

Jevil isn't THAT hard, he is hard for a Chapter 1 anything, but come on, he doesnt even stack up to Undyne the undying and Sans, as a taste for super hard bosses if the game ever comes out he works perfectly tho!

edit:
Easier than Undyne? Noooooo. Sans I could see the argument for, though he has a pattern that made him easy enough for me to grasp. Jevil feels so random.