• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
what weapons is bergusia gonna have?

except for the 1% like demi going for extremely rare triumphs, what incentive to play especially if you're at 650? unless it has some good weapons...

i mean i'm sure i'll do it because, content

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Bungie is fucking trash.

Really, these guys have been at this shit for 30 hours+ in some cases. To just...open it...is like...what the fuck. I'd rather they just slip someone a hint on the side than for these guys to just get no reward for all this time. Then again, this sums up Destiny 2 - Forsaken pretty neatly.

Alternately, they could have made it not damn near impossible.

Anyway, Gladd not mad with people dropping $1,000 donations on him. So...yea. xD

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Gladd needs to just get off and get some sleep now. Dude has been up for way too long and there's no point in continuing knowing that the forge is gonna open in an hour and a half.

Deleted member 25888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bungie is fucking trash.

Really, these guys have been at this shit for 30 hours+ in some cases. To just...open it...is like...what the fuck. I'd rather they just slip someone a hint on the side than for these guys to just get no reward for all this time. Then again, this sums up Destiny 2 - Forsaken pretty neatly.

Alternately, they could have made it not damn near impossible.

This too. Bad form. Just give a hint or two.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing in the long line of weird things that makes me wonder how much Bungie actually plays their own game.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm sorry, but this is how it should have been from the start. Let the people who don't want to solve puzzles play the forge. The puzzle can still be there for the people who love secrets and enjoy solving puzzles. Core content should never be gated behind activities like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oh lookie, it's a failure.
I mean the streamers won even in losing. Tens of thousands of new follows, tens of thousands in donations.

Still, it's all going to feel very hollow for the doors to just...like...open.

I'm sorry, but this is how it should have been from the start. Let the people who don't want to solve puzzles play the forge. The puzzle can still be there for the people who love secrets and enjoy solving puzzles. Core content should never be gated behind activities like this.
It was fine for the Last Wish raid. I'm sure that was the idea. They just went overboard. If Level 6 had been the final level, we'd be in the Forge and all would be good. The fact that this has taken longer than any raid in destiny 2 ever did speaks to some serious missed expectations. Either we're collectively too dumb (possible) or Bungie did way too much trying to make sure it wasn't *too easy*. I'm also not a fan of this not being solo-able.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Welp

This is why you don't hype an ARG / announce it as DLC content.

This would have been pretty cool if no one knew about the ARG and a secret forge followed once it was cracked. Instead they set expectations that this was part of the DLC / a community event and it fell flat on its face.

Oh Bungo...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
At least I can finish the questline while Shattered Throne is up now, thank you bungie

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
It's really sad they buckled under pressure. The puzzle was going to get solved eventually and people were going to get their fourth forge.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I don't think we're too dumb for the puzzle, honestly. From a cryptology/symbology standpoint, level 7 is an insult to this entire process. I'm sure to the puzzle-maker the connection is obvious as shit, but you don't go from having the entire process around these labs revolve around a very specific symbol pattern & cipher, and then at the last hint, go back to using symbols that aren't from this puzzle language. It makes no sense.

Spawning ammo boxes that we now need to pick up? Using elemental class symbols instead of symbols that people have been hitting for 6 levels of puzzles up to that point? C'mon now.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Been working on my Titan's Code of the Missile unlocks and I just finished them up today. Ballistic Slam (the melee ability) with Insurmountable Skullfort is hilarious fun because as long as you get at least 1 kill with it the ability is recharged pretty much instantly. Working Fighting Lion Catalyst at the same time (which means I'm bouncing grenades around at the same time I myself am sprinting and bouncing around to land the Slams) is some of the most solo fun I've had in Destiny.

Now, for my 3rd and final Seed of Light I have to beat the first boss in the Scourge of the Past, right? I've still got some leveling to do to reach that one if so.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Yeah. I agree. This is good for the community. Love it when everybody comes together and tries to figure things out. Who cares how long it takes. That's the beauty of it. Last 24 hours is the most active this game has been both streaming wise and everything. I'm not in a hurry to get and do things like most people. Things will always be there for you to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't think we're too dumb for the puzzle, honestly. From a cryptology/symbology standpoint, level 7 is an insult to this entire process. I'm sure to the puzzle-maker the connection is obvious as shit, but you don't go from having the entire process around these labs revolve around a very specific symbol pattern & cipher, and then at the last hint, go back to using symbols that aren't from this puzzle language. It makes no sense.

Spawning ammo boxes that we now need to pick up? Using elemental class symbols instead of symbols that people have been hitting for 6 levels of puzzles up to that point? C'mon now.
I agree. Level 6 should have probably been the end.

Better this tbh, even I couldn't handle the deafening whining anymore
Out of curiosity, where were they whining? I've only been watching streams. While you've been hearing deafening whining, I haven't heard anything but the voices people working hard to figure this out or help pitch in ideas.

Yeah. I agree. This is good for the community. Love it when everybody comes together and tries to figure things out. Who cares how long it takes. That's the beauty of it. Last 24 hours is the most active this game has been both streaming wise and everything. I'm not in a hurry to get and do things like most people. Things will always be there for you to do.
agree. It's been long, but also fun to see them get through each piece.

To just...snatch the opportunity for victory away from the people putting so much effort in is...it's pretty gross to me.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Another thing in the long line of weird things that makes me wonder how much Bungie actually plays their own game.
I'm sure the playtesters had no problem solving the puzzle with the solution in hand.

Most of the previous puzzles have been solved so quickly, I think bungie overestimated /r/raidsecrets 's ability on this one.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was fine for the Last Wish raid. I'm sure that was the idea. They just went overboard. If Level 6 had been the final level, we'd be in the Forge and all would be good. The fact that this has taken longer than any raid in destiny 2 ever did speaks to some serious missed expectations. Either we're collectively too dumb (possible) or Bungie did way too much trying to make sure it wasn't *too easy*. I'm also not a fan of this not being solo-able.

A puzzle taking this long to solve is not the fault of the player being "too dumb". This is entirely the fault of the developer who made such a bad puzzle in the first place. One that is padded by making the player spend 15 minutes just to get back to the point of solving the puzzle over and over again slowing the process of solving it even more than need be. There is such thing as a puzzle being poorly designed to the point it demands an unrealistic answer for the user to be able to solve.

It's utterly bad design. I'm willing to call the entirety of Black Armory bad design (it kind of is already) if this final forge doesn't deliver after all of this nonsense.

Last edited:

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
The puzzle is still open to be solved, it's not going away?

Yes, it'll still be available even after the Forge is opened, as originally intended. They even listed what the rewards for completing this are (Emblem & Ghost Shell), which makes the call to decouple even more appropriate - if people had gone through all this time & trouble and all they got were those two things, they'd be rightfully pissed.

Moreover, the sudden realization that not one, but 4 exotic weapons they were advertising to sell BA were locked behind the 4th forge make having this go up without a community gate the even bigger right call. I know Bungie is going to learn from this, but holy crap - i've been waiting for Izanami's Burden for a fucking month.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
It's utterly bad design. I'm willing to call the entirety of Black Armory bad design (it kind of is already) if this final forge doesn't deliver after all of this nonsense.

With the unlocking of the 4th forge, we can finally access the remaining exotic weapons, save for The Last Word, that were included in The Black Armory. The thought of being able to fool around with Izanami's tonight has me excited again. And i've been wanting to use that megaman fusion rifle for forever.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Hey DestinyERA, long time no see.

I havent played Destiny 2 since the first expansions came out, but I was a die hard D1 player and played D2 religiously for awhile when it released.

Ive been out of the game for some time, but I want to get back in. However, I am not really sure where to start. What all would I need to purchase in order to get up to speed. And second, am I going to have to grind my way through all of that stuff to enjoy the current raids/strikes/events etc?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it'll still be available even after the Forge is opened, as originally intended. They even listed what the rewards for completing this are (Emblem & Ghost Shell), which makes the call to decouple even more appropriate - if people had gone through all this time & trouble and all they got were those two things, they'd be rightfully pissed.

Moreover, the sudden realization that not one, but 4 exotic weapons they were advertising to sell BA were locked behind the 4th forge make having this go up without a community gate the even bigger right call. I know Bungie is going to learn from this, but holy crap - i've been waiting for Izanami's Burden for a fucking month.

I'm aware, I just don't agree with the statement that "victory was snatched from them" - the puzzle isn't solved yet, victory still on that pedestal to be snatched while I can finally go play in the Bergusia Forge while I wait for it to get solved.

When it gets solved, I'll get two people and go do it myself to get that ghost and emblem.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
A puzzle taking this long to solve is not the fault of the player being "too dumb". This is entirely the fault of the developer who made such a bad puzzle in the first place. One that is padded by making the player spend 15 minutes just to get back to the point of solving the puzzle over and over again slowing the process of solving it even more than need be. There is such thing as a puzzle being poorly designed to the point it asks demands an unrealistic answer for the user to be able to solve.

I absolutely agree that the puzzle has issues but feel a hint or nudge would have been a better way to go about it first.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So probably rng fusion rifle exotic in last forge and mystery box for sniper

The sniper is indeed likely from the box, but the fusion rifle likely comes from another quest that was datamined. It was called The Lost Souvenir, which somebody actually managed to pick up while doing Niobe Labs yesterday.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No1 fps on twitch currently

I dont even watch twitch

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hey DestinyERA, long time no see.

I havent played Destiny 2 since the first expansions came out, but I was a die hard D1 player and played D2 religiously for awhile when it released.

Ive been out of the game for some time, but I want to get back in. However, I am not really sure where to start. What all would I need to purchase in order to get up to speed. And second, am I going to have to grind my way through all of that stuff to enjoy the current raids/strikes/events etc?
Just buy D2 Forsaken. You've missed some Christmas sales but it's $40 USD normally and includes the year one season pass if you missed that stuff.

Ignore the Annual Pass until you get to level 600, then if you're still having fun with the game buy it for more content. It's completely irrelevant before you complete the rest of Forsaken.

Forsaken comes with a level boost that lets you skip the year 1 dlc content if you want to and jump right in.

Other than that, normal destiny stuff - do the raids and look up secrets on Reddit if you want to experience everything.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Just buy D2 Forsaken. You've missed some Christmas sales but it's $40 USD normally and includes the year one season pass if you missed that stuff.

Ignore the Annual Pass until you get to level 600, then if you're still having fun with the game buy it for more content. It's completely irrelevant before you complete the rest of Forsaken.

Forsaken comes with a level boost that lets you skip the year 1 dlc content if you want to and jump right in.

Other than that, normal destiny stuff - do the raids and look up secrets on Reddit if you want to experience everything.

Ok awesome, 40 dollars isnt bad. Im excited to hop back in!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Destiny is pissing me off enough I think I'm gonna switch to Anthem. Who's with me?

Easy meaningless post is easy but fun words are fun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just got a popup for the Bergusia Forge

edit: Talk to Ada to start the questline
cool thanks for the confirmation. I was just standing at the Lab like, "what do".

I'm aware, I just don't agree with the statement that "victory was snatched from them" - the puzzle isn't solved yet, victory still on that pedestal to be snatched while I can finally go play in the Bergusia Forge while I wait for it to get solved.

When it gets solved, I'll get two people and go do it myself to get that ghost and emblem.
Many people including myself considered the "prize" to be the opportunity to be recognized (even immortalized) as the group that officially opened the final Forge.

Nobody spends 30 hours for a fucking ghost shell and emblem, as I'm sure you're aware. It was about being the ones that got it open in the same way the Gladd and Redeem will forever be known as the first slayers of Riven. That's what was at stake. All of these people who spent dozens of hours were robbed of that conclusion.

edit: even ADA-1's dialog and commentary rings hollow as fuck. What golden key? Oh right, the one we never got to see drop because Bungie took the opportunity away from us.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Geomags just dropped. Gambit opponents are fucked. Just summoned a Primeval and didn't even need to kill the envoys to blow the Primeval up with double Geomag Chaos Reach Warlocks and a Hunter with Tether. Absolutely disgusting.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Already did the watcher part for the key mold. Now I'm on the glimmering amethyst part. Public events only give 5% and supply caches only give 1%. Haven't tried strikes yet so I don't know how much they give.

Status
Not open for further replies.