Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wait he paid for recovery? LOL.

I already thought of him as a parasite from the way he post but paying for recovery? Even parasite is too good of a word to be used.

Still got the balls( if he had one) to talk about PvP and spouting off time to kill values and meta when he even can't climb to fabled with his beloved godly bygones.
That's harsh, sharkeshia may be a bit of parody, but still a member of the community. It really wouldn't be the same with him or her.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a post that suggested an easy way to make Reckoning better-remove the time limit. As it is Reckoning is just zero fun and you're not guaranteed a drop like in Menagerie.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I saw a post that suggested an easy way to make Reckoning better-remove the time limit. As it is Reckoning is just zero fun and you're not guaranteed a drop like in Menagerie.
Phase 2 is brutal without the right comp, if you get physics bumped by an enermy it's 50/50 if you will clear or not.

That's harsh, sharkeshia may be a bit of parody, but still a member of the community. It really wouldn't be the same with him or her.

He/she is hateful glue that binds us, brings us together.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
They really make it where you cant grind the forge guns all that well. Gotta run to ada multiple times, complete the frames, (if not get a ballistics log the first run of the week) then do the forge itself. Then on top of that you have to have enough modulus reports which eventually starts to become limiting as well. It's fairly time consuming for each one shot at a roll.

It's nothing like pre-patch menagerie...

Pretty clear Bungie wants to limit re rolling to keep a D1 situation from happening again. You can have rerolls, for a pound of flesh.

and pre-patch menagerie is nothing like re-rolling weapons in D1. If you had the materials, you could re-roll a weapon 20 times in a minute in D1.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Got finnally a good roll for fixed odds
WwSQ5Jq.jpg

Magazine size is actually 57. Bummed that i got the worst masterwork stat. But the range stat is great.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
57 is actually pretty great (with mod) considering how hard it hits compared to Hammerhead at similar mag size (but without mod).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
and pre-patch menagerie is nothing like re-rolling weapons in D1. If you had the materials, you could re-roll a weapon 20 times in a minute in D1.

I know that, I was in D1.

Finally got a kill clip Blast Furnace. But it has no reload perk :(. Not much for stability either. The perks basically make it a range build, ends up with 94 range. Oh and it rolled with Meyrin which kinda makes it a default range build anyway.

Just in one match I can see the potential, albeit hindered by the slow reload. Man, a feeding frenzy Kill Clip BF, with some other good accouterments, might be pretty stupid. I want one but it's such a slog doing forges.

I dunno if it's the influx of new players or the Luna Nerf, but I feel OP in crucible. So many great loadouts. And I started really scratching the surface of Recluse. I can definitely say it should be my main/best secondary now. The thing I started using was that master of arms procs on other guns kills. I mean yeah I knew that but once you start remembering to use that it gets that much stronger. Like, killing with wardcliff coil and then switching to Recluse?

Also I wanna do TLW/Black Scorpion. I took BS back out and it's still great. Basically a mapping AR. Love my oldass roll too, rampage for some extra lane kick, drop mag makes the reloads faster than any reloads I've seen in the game, they're almost instant. with some juking you can duel hand cannons. And it outranges even Blast Furnaces of course. Just playing around with it I can see the potential. the issue is I suck with TLW since I never use it, but if you learned TLW it could be a pretty dumb combo too.

Anyways I feel like the Luna and prior shotgun nerfs really opened up crucible. People using everything (ok not a lot of AR's). To that point here's charlemagne's Xbox crucible top tens this week:

Kinetic:

1. TLW
2 Bygones
3. Outbreak Perfected
4. Dust Rock Blues
5. Revoker
6. Ace of Spades
7. Austringer
8. Classified (pretty much has to be Lumina)
9. The Chaperone
10. Blast Furnace

TLW #1? Bygones beating every other kinetic HC? I can dig it. Decent mix of special and primary. Even throw in a slug shotty. Got a newish face in Outbreak up high. Another fresh face Austringer. Dust Rock down to 4th, ya love to see it.

Energy:

1. Beloved
2. Luna's Howl
3.Erentil FR4
4. Trust
5. The Recluse
6. Lord of Wolves
7. Ikelos_HC_v1.0.1
8. jotunn
9. Mindebenders Ambition
10. Retold Tale

Beloved being #1 energy surely wont last it's for Revoker quest, but still, that's amazing. Erentil at 3 is something too, yeah I know it's kind of cus of menagerie but still.

Even Heavy looks varied

1. Hammerhead
2. Wardcliff Coil
3. Truth
4. Play of the Game
5. The Colony

Hammerhead must be #1 because of people using Lumina/TLW/Outbreak, but you've got a traditional grenade launcher and a brand "new" exotic in Truth in there too.

Sure the variety isn't perfect, still skewed to HC's and shotguns, but the game has never in it's history been pefectly balanced. Overall it's looking quite diverse right now. So good to see the old Luna's/Dust Rock meta if not exactly dead, at least taking some blows.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I know it's not quite the god roll but is this still worth replacing a Sleeper Simulant? Or should I just keep trying for the god roll? I'm mainly looking for Boss DPS.

CJtnFci.jpg

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't have the chalice fully maxed yet, but so far it's a fantastic implementation of the oven from dawning and the Forge from black Armoury all executed through a combination of EP/blind well and court of oryx.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I don't have the chalice fully maxed yet, but so far it's a fantastic implementation of the oven from dawning and the Forge from black Armoury all executed through a combination of EP/blind well and court of oryx.
It's a great mechanic which I'm sure bungie will evolve and iterate on /s

I think it fantastic, even if they just rotated the drops every season I would be happy. I would prefer see this in seasonal events over the blind forest again.

I really wouldn't mind a season where they just expanded a lot of the old events like the forest, EP and black armory. There is so much more you can do with these sort of pursuits.

At the very least I think they need to update random rolls to all of year 1 weapons, I love the aesthetic of CoO forge weapons but they're useless now.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, how do I go about solo'ing Hallowed Lair? I have solo a few Nightfalls but haven't started on this one because of the boss healthgate bullshit.

If it wasn't for healthgate I would have pick warlock and instant melt his ass but I feel I need to run nightstalker hunter for this.

Deleted member 22528

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I just bought the Forsaken collection on PC and reading through this thread as a complete Destiny novice is horrifying. Whole lotta words and phrases I don't understand. Will the game (mostly) ease me in, or should I be reading some guides/wikis or something? I'll be mostly playing solo I presume.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
Man I just bought the Forsaken collection on PC and reading through this thread as a complete Destiny novice is horrifying. Whole lotta words and phrases I don't understand. Will the game (mostly) ease me in, or should I be reading some guides/wikis or something?
No worries. None of these words and phrases will matter until you've become well versed in most areas just by playing the campaign/strikes. Ignore the min-maxing for now and just have fun :)

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Man I just bought the Forsaken collection on PC and reading through this thread as a complete Destiny novice is horrifying. Whole lotta words and phrases I don't understand. Will the game (mostly) ease me in, or should I be reading some guides/wikis or something? I'll be mostly playing solo I presume.
Been playing since D1 Alpha and I still don't understand some stuff lol.

Oct 28, 2017

At its core, the game is all about rooty-tooty point-and-shooty. Don't worry about it. Like the above post said, its just min-maxing mostly, which isn't required. I still toot about with a Graviton Lance, which isn't the greatest of weapons, and I still do my part.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
You'll be fine. The more you play, the more you'll get people referencing places, subclasses, abilities, weapons etc. If you're just starting now there's so many quests and things you could do that I wouldn't stress about it, nor about what's "optimal". Wait til you're at least max level and 700+ light.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Gawd, Striker Titans are the worst in pvp to face against,even more broken than pre nerf spectral blades with gwisin vest and on par with pre nerf Novawarp.

Zip zapping around making it hard to hit them, super kills extends their duration without any exotic, health regens on kills. One eye crutch allows them wallhacks, frontal assault upon a melee kill means they get damage buff.

Fuck and they say titans are weak in the game, only in PvE they are weak but PvP they are strong.
The sub-class itself is strong but not OP. The Super however is just dumb. Definitely needs to be toned down in PVP. And I say that as someone who mainly plays a Titan.

Got finnally a good roll for fixed odds
WwSQ5Jq.jpg

Magazine size is actually 57. Bummed that i got the worst masterwork stat. But the range stat is great.
Nice! I kept a couple of rolls but the one I like the best is Ricochet Rounds, Feeding Frenzy, Rangefinder. Nothing like being able to engage at scout rifle ranges with your LMG, right?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man wait times for activities so much longer on PC then PS4, typing this while waiting for a gambit match for 5+ mins already...

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I know it's not quite the god roll but is this still worth replacing a Sleeper Simulant? Or should I just keep trying for the god roll? I'm mainly looking for Boss DPS.

CJtnFci.jpg
it can only be made better by field prep. you're good2go unless you feel like being bothered trying to get one of those. I'd keep your tokens, as this is really only something to have for solar singe weeks for the remainder of Year 2. Come September, GL's are probably getting hit with the nerf bat and even if they don't we'll all be moving onto new, more interesting gear and perks. One perk here or there isn't going to make any difference for you this season.

Man wait times for activities so much longer on PC then PS4, typing this while waiting for a gambit match for 5+ mins already...
Haven't seen that one before, but consider a different region. NA <---> EU depending on where you are now.

Meh. Just shoot stuff. The rest will come like every other game you've ever played.

The sub-class itself is strong but not OP. The Super however is just dumb. Definitely needs to be toned down in PVP. And I say that as someone who mainly plays a Titan.
It's strange to me how every season there's at least one Super that they manage to fuck up and somehow didn't see coming.

Nova Warp --> Spectral --> Trample

Could their playtesters really not communicate to them that the Supers last too long / are too durable and/or regen too much super energy in PvP?

Just seems to me like one of the major priorities for PvP would be making sure that Supers are reasonably balanced in length, durability, and lethality based on their nature as a roaming or burst super given the disproportionate impact they can have during a match. But nope. Every time it gets fucked up somehow and we end up with at least one Super that can get a kill on one side of the map, traverse the full length of the map and kill that same person again on the other side along with his/her teammates. It's just seems like such an obvious oversight. There are only 9 subclass supers. Why not test them all? The problems with these subclasses when they had issues was obvious from the first play of them.

Last edited:

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018

Nice! I kept a couple of rolls but the one I like the best is Ricochet Rounds, Feeding Frenzy, Rangefinder. Nothing like being able to engage at scout rifle ranges with your LMG, right?
Wih Field Prep and one machine gun resverve perk i can carry up to 324 rounds. Pretty handy.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Rose feels FUCKING CRISPY with the range MW. I need to practice more with this handcannon, this handcannon has potential. There aren't many 150 RPM with this kind of range except for Spare Rations but unfortunately getting Spare rations is a fucking nightmare.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017

I can't imagine what all the content would be like for a new player coming in to destiny.

I wouldn't worry about trying to be as efficient as possible, maybe start by doing your 5 crucible (quickplay)/3 strikes (heroic)/3 (vanilla) gambit milestones. Gambit wasn't added until Forsaken but those 3 activities are the main things to do as a solo player each week. This should give you an idea of what the game is about and you'll get a feel for the sort of weapons that you like.

Either way I wouldn't worry about making the wrong choice or messing up your character. Just play how you want and if you're not sure about something, ask here.

Also once you're more comfortable with the game, do a raid. There's nothing else in games like a destiny raid

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
How good is Le Monarque for PvE? Sleeper Simulant's been using my exotic slot but since I moved to Outrageous Fortune, I want to use my exotic slot in the special weapon section.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How good is Le Monarque for PvE? Sleeper Simulant's been using my exotic slot but since I moved to Outrageous Fortune, I want to use my exotic slot in the special weapon section.
Lemon is fantastic, all you have to do is hit the crits with a perfect draw and you poison the target and release poison gas around the target which does damage to enemies around the target.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
It is def Spare Rations without the rage-inducing farming. Have fun with that.
I'll still farm Reckoning for it tho lol, Tier 2 bridge isn't a problem anymore since Xur sold Phoenix Protocol and I got lumina which means high uptime in shields and well of radiance . Season of the Drifter isn't worth the $10 bucks when people cared more for weapons than fucking armors and a 1 round game mode.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Is Spare Rations really that rare? I've got 3 in my pocket and I can't even remember how I got them.
Spare rations can be obtain through Gambit with specific actions like collect 20 motes quickly.eg Or can be obtain through Reckoning's Likeness of Oryx, people prefer Reckoning because of the modifiers. And people hate reckoning because of the rare droprates and high failure on the bridge.

Getting Spare Rations is Triple RNG.

Hoping to get a weapon.
Hoping it's Spare Rations.
Hoping it has Ricochet Rounds + Rangefinder.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Lemon is fantastic, all you have to do is hit the crits with a perfect draw and you poison the target and release poison gas around the target which does damage to enemies around the target.
Awesome, thank you!

Man, this is probably the most fun I've had with Destiny in a while! Finally being able to change loadouts to accommodate different situations or even moods really makes the whole experience a lot better.

Oct 28, 2017
I've done shitloads of Gambit Prime and a lot of Reckoning so I guess that'll be that. Not sure of the modifiers since I've been maining Breakneck in that slot, and I'm not too big of a fan of handcannons. Will need to check.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'll still farm Reckoning for it tho lol, Tier 2 bridge isn't a problem anymore since Xur sold Phoenix Protocol and I got lumina which means high uptime in shields and well of radiance . Season of the Drifter isn't worth the $10 bucks when people cared more for weapons than fucking armors and a 1 round game mode.
ah I hadn't thought of Lumina as improving Radiance uptime. I'll have to give this a go. tyvm.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Spare rations can be obtain through Gambit with specific actions like collect 20 motes quickly.eg Or can be obtain through Reckoning's Likeness of Oryx, people prefer Reckoning because of the modifiers. And people hate reckoning because of the rare droprates and high failure on the bridge.

Getting Spare Rations is Triple RNG.

Hoping to get a weapon.
Hoping it's Spare Rations.
Hoping it has Ricochet Rounds + Rangefinder.

That's what make reckoning not worth it. I mean, it's an ok horde mode, but it's boring and the rewarks stink.....

Dec 2, 2017
Will likely never happen. Which sucks because some of those look incredible.

Ornaments being the only way to customize exotics means people are far more likely to spend on them.

Yet if that's the motivation, oddly it's only exotic weapons. Armour takes shaders just fine.

I'll take your bygones and raise you a Jotunn

If Thorn is the hated weapon of sorrow, Jotunn is the hated weapon of shame.

Play through the content from the beginning, Red War > Curse of Osiris > Warmind > Forsaken. That way, you begin on the ground floor and experience all the new doodads, currencies, perks, modes etc. as they were introduced, rather than trying to absorb it all at once. Curse & Warmind aren't long at all (like, 3-4 hours tops).

Once you get the rhythm down, it's so damn fun. The Hush quest taught me to love it, it's my go-to bow now.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Where can i get Hand strike mod? (Only Leviathan/Calilus Raid?) I only have one in my old raid Turris Shade Gauntlets...

Menagerie with the right Chalice perk unlocked (P&E III) or Crown of Sorrows.

Is Spare Rations really that rare? I've got 3 in my pocket and I can't even remember how I got them.

If you played a bunch of Reckoning and/or Gambit Prime you could have them drop. I've had two drop, but not with rolls I wanted. No reliable way to get a random roll to drop (can get the curated one easily enough).

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
That's weird. I'm in the Southeastern USA and I've never waited that long for a Gambit match. Usually MM is less than a minute.
Very good. It's an excellent PVE weapon (and pretty good in PVP also). The only downside in my eyes is the same one that a lot of exotics have - no orb production on multi-kills. Bungie really needs to release more catalysts for exotics so that they can be Masterworked. Otherwise LeMon is great.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Speaking of Bows, I think I am starting to get the hang of Hush. Getting that initial hip-fire precision hit is the key to Archer's Gambit and even using a helm with Enhanced Bow Targeting and a Free-Hand Grip mod it still requires precise placement of the cursor. The bow cursor is an open circle and I am finding that putting the bottom portion of the circle right on the crown of the enemy head seems to give the best result. In other words, aim for the forehead or scalp instead of the face if hip-firing.

With aim down sights the hitbox is far more generous and works like any other Opening Shot weapon. You can be 6 inches or so off of the head in any direction and it will still give you the precision hit if you are aiming down sights. It's very generous.

So the key to success is getting that very first, carefully placed hip-fire shot and then you can follow up with very quick ADS shots after that for maximum carnage.

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
How do the higher tier nightfall based emblems work? I was doing strange terrain and got the first upgrade and my friend got the 1st and 2nd upgraded emblem so, I was wondering if it's dependent on individual score?

Status
Not open for further replies.