Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Make good friends with Last Word and your Mindbenders/Recluse problems get a lot smaller pretty quick.
Oh definitely. The Last Word absolutely puts in work. No question it is extremely effective. I just don't want to be tied to one single primary weapon for the rest of my D2 PVP experience because of certain other weapons and at the end of the day I think that's what irritates me the most. I've said it before but I like variety and I like testing different load outs and their synergy with different sub-classes but there's really not a great place to do this right now without it feeling like a punishing experience. Comp is for bringing your best (and should be) and Quickplay has turned into either bring your best or expect to have a bad time from a handful of overtuned outliers. And honestly, TLW is one of the overtuned outliers which is why it's successful against Recluse.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if you want access to Y2 content that comes with it.

Lots of valuable exotics, exotic quests, legendary weapons, and soon with 2.0 loads more places to farm armour.
I understand that, but I worry that all this content will be made free or something once Shadowkeep comes out. Is that the case, or will the Pass still be a thing that's separate.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I got my solstice armor to purple 30 mins before I had to leave for a flight. You can masterwork later, right? I'm going to have no play time for the next week.

I was dreading gambit, but it wasn't that bad - won more than I lost, finally killed the meatball, made lots of bow progress for hush, and got 16 void kills over the 10 games. It's nice that team void kills count towards the total you need - made it easy to finish off in crucible.
Did someone answer this? Yes you're right masterwork anytime.

Oct 25, 2017
how long does a Raid checkpoint stay?
I appear to have kept a checkpoint for Scourge from the 10th August and I cant figure out how.
Bugged?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I had the most obnoxious Crucible match lol Was on a team full of randoms vs a team of a 4 and 2 stack and all they used was Mountaintop, Johtunn, and Fighting Lions.

Thanks matchmaking lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that, but I worry that all this content will be made free or something once Shadowkeep comes out. Is that the case, or will the Pass still be a thing that's separate.
Maybe far in the future, but for now you will need to buy this content to access it. This will not change with Shadowkeep, and all the Y2 content will be relevant still in terms of gear and even activities now Armour 2.0 will revitalize older content.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Finally finished my Majestic set.

Btw turned in like atleast 50 vanguard packages and got 0 service revolvers, i hate random systems more than ever since we have multiple guaranteed ways of earning loot.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
2nd newb question:

If I queue into a Crucible match not knowing what I am doing & not particular well geared will I end up kicked out of groups?

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
You can't be kicked from match made activities and more importantly, most people don't know what they're doing or well geared.
Cool. I have some multiplayer anxiety that usually keeps me away from these kinds of games.

But I've enjoyed Destiny 2 a whole lot solo and I want to see if I can level up the Solstice armor.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Cool. I have some multiplayer anxiety that usually keeps me away from these kinds of games.

But I've enjoyed Destiny 2 a whole lot solo and I want to see if I can level up the Solstice armor.

You can get up to majestic Solstice on solo pretty reasonably.
I would say so since i managed to do it as a relative newbie(1 month of playtime) that had not played a shooter(besides splatoon) since XB360 days.

Just getting the masterwork on 3/5 of the armor as solo is impossible, since you need a clan, need to do 200k nightfall and need to beat shattered throne with 1-2 players.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
If Recluse is so good, why am I crap with it in PVP?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with Solstice. I just finished the armor on my Hunter and now have all the armors, the pointless sparrow and bought the mini sparrow with dust. I have everything I want from this event.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
2 questions for the thread.

1. I haven't played Forsaken since forsaken came out. Got the story done but never did the raid or anything like that. I never touched any of the annual pass content, is there a recommend loop to do when getting back in?

2. With the migration to cross save, i have the PS4 version of Destiny 2 with Forsaken + Annual Pass. On PC I just have Destiny 2 + the first two mini expansions. I want to play more on PC then my PS4 with shadowkeep, should I buy the steam version of Shadowkeep, or should I buy the PSN version then wait for the transfer period?

Thanks.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
This is embarrassing but can someone please explain Discord to me? How it works?

I have the app on my phone and have an account. But how do I join specific Discords and specifically, how do I join a good one with Destiny 2 PS4 players so I can find people to get stuff done?

Thanks.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
The Solstice glow packs carry over to Shadow Keep for the Armor 2.0 variant right? I think I remember reading Luke Smith said they do.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best Heavy grenade launcher load out for the Mountaintop quest? I'm using an Outrageous Fortune with proximity grenades and it never kills anyone. If I use Colony everyone just jumps out of the way.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
2. With the migration to cross save, i have the PS4 version of Destiny 2 with Forsaken + Annual Pass. On PC I just have Destiny 2 + the first two mini expansions. I want to play more on PC then my PS4 with shadowkeep, should I buy the steam version of Shadowkeep, or should I buy the PSN version then wait for the transfer period?

Thanks.

Expansion and season entitlements will not follow across platforms once cross-save is available. If you buy Shadowkeep on PS4 you would need to buy it again on Steam in order to access those activities (anything that isn't included in the F2P version). Likewise, you would need to buy Forsaken again on Steam after October 1st (or on Battle.net prior to that) if you want to participate in those activities.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
Expansion and season entitlements will not follow across platforms once cross-save is available. If you buy Shadowkeep on PS4 you would need to buy it again on Steam in order to access those activities (anything that isn't included in the F2P version). Likewise, you would need to buy Forsaken again on Steam after October 1st (or on Battle.net prior to that) if you want to participate in those activities.
Thanks!

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I have the app on my phone and have an account. But how do I join specific Discords and specifically, how do I join a good one with Destiny 2 PS4 players so I can find people to get stuff done?

You need to get an invite link to a server. To join our one here you PM Ruthless. Various Destiny subreddits have them in their sidebars, but of course they aren't as cool as us.

Once you're in it's just a fancy IRC clone. Our server has LFG channels for each platform.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im here just farming runes ready to farm menagerie armor for 2.0. Hopefully they step up their armor designs in Shadowkeep because 98% of the available armor right now looks garbage especially for warlocks.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Im here just farming runes ready to farm menagerie armor for 2.0. Hopefully they step up their armor designs in Shadowkeep because 98% of the available armor right now looks garbage especially for warlocks.

Warlock looks cool as shit compared to Titans lol. I have to big stupid wolves on my shoulders.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I had the most obnoxious Crucible match lol Was on a team full of randoms vs a team of a 4 and 2 stack and all they used was Mountaintop, Johtunn, and Fighting Lions.

Thanks matchmaking lol
Yeah, October 1 cant get here fast enough. Solo que Comp AND SBMM for most modes except Classic. Hopefully the entire experience will feel a little bit better than it does now.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Finally got one of the Erentil rolls I had been chasing from the Menagerie. Projection Fuse / Under Pressure / Backup Plan. It's the anti-ape roll and only a few games in and I can already tell it's great.

The other one I would like is Firmly Planted / Rangefinder which should be awesome for long range slide/crouch shots.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Cerridious drops 78 bomb with bygones. Looks very similar to one of my QP matches given the loadout (tee hee).

He actually really doesn't make many impressive plays in the vid IMO. Just steady brap braps.

Also he did get his super shut down a couple times and slowed down for a time because he was scared of mercy-ing the other team, so I guess it could have been higher.

Edit: I'm actually surprised he wasn't running the vendor bygones like most people (kill clip and blech, full auto), he actually has a superior outlaw kill clip roll like me. Maybe even better because he has a stability MW and mine is handling.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Three games of Quickplay back to back against a full 6 stack in a clan vs my team of 6 solo players.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I went against my own words today. Grinded yesterday and today to finish my warlock solstice gear. At least it will be relevant once Shadowkeep drops. And with armor 2.0 coming, I'm going to dismantle most of the armor collecting dust in my vault.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Welp I finally got Redrix's Broadsword after never really bothering with the quest before. People sure weren't kidding when they said it sucks. At least that's the Crucible pinnacle weapon part of MCXIX done - which was the last triumph I needed for it.

With the Glory I get at reset I'll also hit Fabled for Recluse and 3500 for Revoker. Getting showered in Crucible Pinnacle weapons this week.

Hope the incoming adjustment for the Mountaintop quest next month will make it nice and attainable.

Comp was a side of the game I'd been avoiding like the plague until MoT nudged me toward trying to get a Crucible Pinnacle weapon and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I'd feared playing it with a friend. It certainly had its lows but we would basically spend an evening each week smashing out some games and typically getting out before we got too tilted and it was a good time overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.