Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone up for some baseless speculation?

The only two people I know in RL who play Destiny are adamant about playing it on Xbox. It's a nice experience on the X, and I do appreciate the reduced loading times compared to PS4.

But once cross save goes live, anyone concerned about population? Anecdotally, I rarely see EP in progress on Xbox (PST evenings) but it seems like it's always going on PS4. Feels like I have to wait longer for crucible matches on Xbox too.

As a player who doesn't have a clan and only has two other people to play with, I rely on randoms to get through content I can't solo (which sucks). But do we think the F2P change will offset people who want to switch to other platforms? Or am I just thinking too much on a slow work day?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone up for some baseless speculation?

The only two people I know in RL who play Destiny are adamant about playing it on Xbox. It's a nice experience on the X, and I do appreciate the reduced loading times compared to PS4.

But once cross save goes live, anyone concerned about population? Anecdotally, I rarely see EP in progress on Xbox (PST evenings) but it seems like it's always going on PS4. Feels like I have to wait longer for crucible matches on Xbox too.

As a player who doesn't have a clan and only has two other people to play with, I rely on randoms to get through content I can't solo (which sucks). But do we think the F2P change will offset people who want to switch to other platforms? Or am I just thinking too much on a slow work day?

Only thing stoping me from jumping to the Xbox is that I can't bring my dlc with me. Don't want to have to buy forsaken again so probably staying on PS4.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Wannabe Hipster that no one likes: 110 RPM Hand Cannon, Fighting Lion, random heavy. Never uses heavy, thinks FL is the best gun in Destiny history.
I feel insulted! Not really. Not everyone can handle the Lion (and that includes me, so far).

I abhor the current Crucible meta. Despite previously praising Bungie for the fact that they finally got the special ammo economy right, I am now pausing to reconsider. I don't believe it's good that so many people are running around maining grenade launchers and fusion rifles, and spending 25 years in their roaming supers. Titan, Hunter, or Warlock, they all just roam now for insane amounts of time. No more Fist of Panic or Panic Bomb can be a bad thing. I'm a Titan main myself, and I'm not telling you guys anything new when I say Thundercrash is garbo in PvP. It's Clown City out there.
Supressor nades can improve your life and your state of mind. If you've got Peregrine greaves those work too. My last game in the Crucible I sealed a 94 -93 win by shield bashing a spectral blades Hunter to death which was only possible because of Peregrine greaves.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Console population is definitely taking a hit once cross save come. Lots jumping to PC

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Yeah trying to get Recluse and Mountaintop is pointless for me. Tried to play comp and it's just stressful. Think it might time for me to retire from Destiny, I'm getting too old to not be enjoying a hobby.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah trying to get Recluse and Mountaintop is pointless for me. Tried to play comp and it's just stressful. Think it might time for me to retire from Destiny, I'm getting too old to not be enjoying a hobby.

You don't "need" those weapons. The Mountaintop quest is hot garbage anyway and isn't remotely worth the time IMO, especially when it'll likely be nerfed come Shadowkeep. Recluse is more manageable, but it's not a must have weapon and neither is mountaintop. Plenty of other weapons do the job just fine.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine people taking that jump did it long ago. I could see more of a jump between consoles then from console to PC. Lots have been tied to PS4 for the exclusives.

I am a Xbox guy who's moving to PC come September. I just built my pc not too long ago though so when's d2 came out, I had an older pc and just went Xbox because it came out 2 months earlier.

Cross save is a game changer though. Starting over in Destiny is just a slog and something i do not have the time for.

I imagine each platform will see a boost in population because the game will be going F2P. Also for Pc, going to Steam is big.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Just stick to PvE bruh. It's not worth the stress for comp
Idk why it do this to myself. Crucible has never been good, but at least in D1 there was some fun to be had, especially in Rumble.
You don't "need" those weapons. The Mountaintop quest is hot garbage anyway and isn't remotely worth the time IMO, especially when it'll likely be nerfed come Shadowkeep. Recluse is more manageable, but it's not a must have weapon and neither is mountaintop. Plenty of other weapons do the job just fine.

A lot of the weapons require people to play with to obtain them, and unfortunately everyone I know has given up on this game, and I don't feel like playing with random people. I wish there was more content for people that like playing the game solo, but they've been ignoring us since this game has existed.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
I am a Xbox guy who's moving to PC come September. I just built my pc not too long ago though so when's d2 came out, I had an older pc and just went Xbox because it came out 2 months earlier.

Cross save is a game changer though. Starting over in Destiny is just a slog and something i do not have the time for.

I imagine each platform will see a boost in population because the game will be going F2P. Also for Pc, going to Steam is big.

I imagine this isn't an uncommon mindset.

I can envision players going from Xbox to PS4, Xbox to PC, and PS4 to PC.

Guess I need to keep my fingers crossed and hope cross play becomes a thing.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so but getting to max light is taking a lot longer than I would like. These last few levels are going so very slow

You'll get there before you know it. IB last week was excellent for power leveling. I got both of my alts to 750. Also got a surprising number of primes just doing the usual activities.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine people taking that jump did it long ago. I could see more of a jump between consoles then from console to PC. Lots have been tied to PS4 for the exclusives.

Yes, but now that the offer is finally out there - the people who stuck around are going to make the jump. Why would you not want to go play at 60+ FPS splendor? The only thing you lose is friends but you can always make new ones, the ones that did play with you probably don't anymore.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so but getting to max light is taking a lot longer than I would like. These last few levels are going so very slow
Have u tried doing the Crown of Sorrow raid yet? It's a short one and u can get +10 light level above ur current light level items from it. Managed to reach 750 in the second week of the season without even finishing all my activities in my second week, just because of doing the Crown of Sorrow raid twice.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
One of the interesting things about Destiny going to steam for me is we'll learn concurrent players on steam. I'm interested to see vs other games.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Just hopped back into the game since Forsaken. I've done Forsaken (and Warmind and Osiris) but haven't done any of the Annual Pass stuff. Is Black Forge and the Gambit stuff still worth doing? The game just threw me a bunch of 690 gear as part of the Menagerie questline so I'm not sure if I should just do that or if it's still worth going back.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just hopped back into the game since Forsaken. I've done Forsaken (and Warmind and Osiris) but haven't done any of the Annual Pass stuff. Is Black Forge and the Gambit stuff still worth doing? The game just threw me a bunch of 690 gear as part of the Menagerie questline so I'm not sure if I should just do that or if it's still worth going back.

The 1st forge gets ya the LMG witch is cool, rest are locked behind some insane grind, couldn't get it done on my warlock. Shit should have been account based.

Gambit is gambit, if you like it go for it. For me it was the 1st season I skipped. With this season horde mode kinda killed off all the previous horde modes.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I stuck with console because I wanted my legacy toons from D1 to carry over with me, and continue to play with my friends who lack the appropriate PC hardware. Now that they will onto PC, I'm making the jump, since I can very easily bounce between platforms.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I have been going back and forth on jumping back in. Last I played was before the Forsaken DLC. I owned all dlc up to that point so I never used bows or any of the other new gear. I'm hesitant to buy in now with shadowkeep looming since seems like shadowkeep ignores the Forsaken. I say this because forsaken isn't necessary or included in Shadowkeep. Do I wait or jump in now? I am concerned about the cost for all of this. Seems like I'm stuck in limbo.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
I have been going back and forth on jumping back in. Last I played was before the Forsaken DLC. I owned all dlc up to that point so I never used bows or any of the other new gear. I'm hesitant to buy in now with shadowkeep looming since seems like shadowkeep ignores the Forsaken. I say this because forsaken isn't necessary or included in Shadowkeep. Do I wait or jump in now? I am concerned about the cost for all of this. Seems like I'm stuck in limbo.

I quit after Curse if Osiris. Jumped in with my friend (who was brand new to the game) three weeks ago and played through all the year 1 content on a new character. We both bought Forsaken + Annual Pass for $40 and haven't looked back - having an absolute blast.

There is an obscene amount of content in the Forsaken + annual pass bundle, and we're both glad we didn't wait because imagining catching up on all of this + Shadowkeep all at once in September would be so daunting.

Not really sure I understand what you mean by Shadowkeep ignoring Forsaken, that's not really the impression I've gotten at all.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
They should really give you the credit for taking out the boss in the Thorn strike immediately. Really annoying having to have go through each phase.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Just stick to PvE bruh. It's not worth the stress for comp

Seriously. I'll jump into the PvP activities for a daily, but the point is I don't really care, I mean sure I do my best and I've had some good games, but the whole PvP aspect of this game is like an optional minigame. Quests that make you get X kills with Y weapon in PvP? Don't care. I'm all about doing what I find fun in this game, sure I'm missing out on big chunks of it, but it's such a big spread, that's fine, plenty of food here for all tastes, don't feel like you have to eat a bunch of shit to get maybe something you might like.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its gonna be a fucking rough for awhile aint it? I'm looking forward to PvP with all these Newbies
I hate to be that guy, b it Bungo need to have a system in place to protect the new players from monsters like Kadey in the crucible.

Otherwise, a lot people's first experience in pvp will be just awful and brutal.

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I still really want Mountain Top but I gotta say that doing Crown of Sorrow flawless has made me extremely wary of using considering how many attempts failed due to people killing themselves with it.

I hate to be that guy, b it Bungo need to have a system in place to protect the new players from monsters like Kadey in the crucible.

Otherwise, a lot people's first experience in pvp will be just awful and brutal.

A single person just dominating is fine, there are still 3-5 other people to kill. I'd rather just never get matched up against 4-6 stacks ever again when solo queueing.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
My dumb ass grinded out wendigo (the whole thing) in two sittings tonight. If you value your sanity, don't be like me

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, none of us had that. You can't expect to go into a new game and be great at it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust the Titan bubble anymore.

QcvHwlE.gif

Shit needs a countdown timer like the Well.
LimitedPaleArcherfish-size_restricted.gif

I really like this boss fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.