Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got my catalyst.

images

Dear god don't do that ever again Bungie.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Last weekend of the Dawning - what's the most efficient farm for Essence?
Tier 2 Wrathborn hunts I believe. You slot the stuff into it, load into the mission, and then reset your lure so you can rinse/repeat. I don't know WHICH wrathborn hunt is quickest, but they're all pretty easy. I'd use particle decon with a fusion rifle and sleeper simulant for fast boss kills.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything really don't miss / must have from this Dawning?

Nothing absolutely broken but there are some exclusive perks/perk combinations on the weapons that can be fun to mess around with.

The fusion rifle can roll Slideshot or Subsistence + Reservoir Burst, which can be fun if the gun didn't feel bad to shoot due the archetype's long charge time.

The sword has a new exclusive perk Cold Steel that slows targets on hit and will freeze them on the third hit. The one you get from the quest should have it by default so it's an easy get.

The quests to get the cosmetics are pretty short and Eva should be selling last year's ship reward if you missed it as well.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Eyasluna is such a banger of a handcannon. Hopefully we get an adept version soon. Range finder kill clip with high cals/ric and trusight has been so much fun.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Question about Charged with Light mods.

Blast Radius says "this mod effects stack with other copies of this mod" but the game doesn't tell you exactly what that means. Do you get a stack for every 6 enemies you kill with a Grenade Launcher? Does stacking two bring that to 3 enemies?

I wish they explained this more in-game.

Why does a 1320 activity not have MM?

Fucking hell Bungo....

And the debate starts again.

(You're right.)

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have 1000 Dawning essence. What can I spend it on before the event is over?

As Ryanhegarty said, you can do repeatable bounties. If you don't have the glimmer to buy said bounties, you could still make gifts from whatever of the materials you have more of, and upon delivery, you will get a crapton of blues and some gifts in return, which grant you experience and one of the weapons from the Dawning this year. I think I was getting a gift in return per 5 or so deliveries, but it might have been a lower rate. Still a good way to get a bunch of gunsmith mats from the blues (just be careful they don't overfill your postmaster) and shards and xp from the gifts in return.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. I've been doing the bounties that cost glimmer and wasn't sure if there was other stuff I could be doing. I've made close to 300 cookies this dawning and was hoping I wasn't doing something "wrong"

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Will there be more story update before the expansion drop?
Haven't touched the game since I did all the weekly rescue missions.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Will there be more story update before the expansion drop?
Haven't touched the game since I did all the weekly rescue missions.
There should be closer to the launch of WQ. The beginning of February would be my guess so people have 2 or 3 weeks to catch up before the end of the season.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So I'm trying to get that Hollowed Lair triumph where you're not supposed to take any Arc damage during the boss.

I have absolutely done it with out taking any Arc damage. I'm doing it as a Nightfall. What am I missing here?

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So I'm trying to get that Hollowed Lair triumph where you're not supposed to take any Arc damage during the boss.

I have absolutely done it with out taking any Arc damage. I'm doing it as a Nightfall. What am I missing here?

I think it's fireteam wide so nobody in the whole group can get hit by arc at all.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
So close to solo flawless Avarice. The sparrow section killed me almost instantly lol, but I got it on my second attempt. That area feels pretty RNG with how quick the sparrows explode. The boss also got me once, but I think I have him down. Just takes forever and I have the worst luck getting heavy to drop.

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021

Blast Radius says "this mod effects stack with other copies of this mod" but the game doesn't tell you exactly what that means. Do you get a stack for every 6 enemies you kill with a Grenade Launcher? Does stacking two bring that to 3 enemies?

For Blast Radius and stacking copies of the mod, it will require you to earn less multi-kills to earn 1 "charged with light" charge. I'm assuming it's something like 5 multi-kills (1x Blast Radius mod) down to 4 multi-kills (2x Blast Radius mod), and so on. So I'd say you're correct in your assumption.

You can test these things out quickly (but not scientifically) by using the Dreaming City's Warden Hunts since you can plant a raid banner to get your ammo quickly, test some stuff out against mobs there, die, and repeat the encounter start with another raid banner to do some comparisons.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
For Blast Radius and stacking copies of the mod, it will require you to earn less multi-kills to earn 1 "charged with light" charge. I'm assuming it's something like 5 multi-kills (1x Blast Radius mod) down to 4 multi-kills (2x Blast Radius mod), and so on. So I'd say you're correct in your assumption.

You can test these things out quickly (but not scientifically) by using the Dreaming City's Warden Hunts since you can plant a raid banner to get your ammo quickly, test some stuff out against mobs there, die, and repeat the encounter start with another raid banner to do some comparisons.

And the debate starts again.

(You're right.)

Unless Blast Radius has changed drastically recently, the way it works is that you gain stacks of 'charged with light' equal to the amount of 'Blast Radius' mods you have when you multi-kill enemies with the right weapon.

Works really well with Salveger's Salvo and High-Energy Fire. HEF both replenishes itself and allows you to hit harder with explosions.

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
Unless Blast Radius has changed drastically recently, the way it works is that you gain stacks of 'charged with light' equal to the amount of 'Blast Radius' mods you have when you multi-kill enemies with the right weapon.

Works really well with Salveger's Salvo and High-Energy Fire. HEF both replenishes itself and allows you to hit harder with explosions.
Oh do you have to run Stacks On Stacks with it then?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they should have just wrapped it up naturally rather than wait until the end of the extended season, but I guess they expected people to be busy with the Xur stuff.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So after 30 runs of this Dares of Eternity I finally saw the lightning round, all the points got captured and what not but no "guest" appeared so it didn't count? What did we do wrong?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So after 30 runs of this Dares of Eternity I finally saw the lightning round, all the points got captured and what not but no "guest" appeared so it didn't count? What did we do wrong?

The guest appears and is invisible - you see the text "Xur's Chosen has appeared" or some such in the bottom, then you have to go find it.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Streamer darling Gxsrclyde under fire for an Alinity moment

old.reddit.com

Destiny 2 streamer pushes his dog into a mini fridge

Posted in r/LivestreamFail by u/riseyyy • 10,957 points and 1,659 comments

Darling? The guy has always been a shithead, the way he talks on stream to and about others. This is just disgusting behaviour but watching his "community" come out and defend this is worse. Ranked with Gladd as some of the most obnoxious D2 streamers.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what streamers/personalities are liked around here, and I don't watch the guy myself either

But I did use the word darling in a sarcastic way

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Hm, thanks. I wish Bungie would make this stuff more clear in-game.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Did anyone else make sure to spend all of your Essence of Dawning on Eva's repeatable bounties?

I did that tonight. Got a few thousand Bright Dust and a few dozen Enhancement Cores out of it.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't care less about bright dust and cores lol. Did want one of those Reservoir Burst / Slideshot Glacioclasms though, so I just started the quest to get access to those package from Eva.

Took like 3 hours to get the roll, so that was worth it. Of course I had to wait until the last day to participate in the Dawning event.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what streamers/personalities are liked around here, and I don't watch the guy myself either

But I did use the word darling in a sarcastic way

Axtecross, GernaderJake are pretty well liked.

Gladd and Sweat should disassociate themselves from Clyde but as they don't play D2 24/7 they use him to carry them through content

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Missed out on a good chunk of xp, loot, fusion rifle rolls and a few triumph points due to the hours of maintenance. Always forget they do these and get screwed over by it lol.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

A long thread from dmg that is clearly about the Gsxrclyde situation.

I'm not sure I love how vague the response is. Bungie should be stating that they will not work with him any longer.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So the "Buff" to Lake boss did absolutely nothing, you still melt the shit out of him lol

BTW this week is great for building golf balls, grinding out Vanguard rep (for whatever purpose), exotics, and Palindrome

Good time to stock up before Witch Queen

Magik

Oct 25, 2017

A long thread from dmg that is clearly about the Gsxrclyde situation.

I'm not sure I love how vague the response is. Bungie should be stating that they will not work with him any longer.

Bungie likes to pick and choose their battles with streamers and it looks like clyde gets a pass for the time being.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
So the "Buff" to Lake boss did absolutely nothing, you still melt the shit out of him lol

BTW this week is great for building golf balls, grinding out Vanguard rep (for whatever purpose), exotics, and Palindrome

Good time to stock up before Witch Queen

Good stuff. Any suggested weapon loadouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.