• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Streamer darling Gxsrclyde under fire for an Alinity moment

old.reddit.com

Destiny 2 streamer pushes his dog into a mini fridge

Posted in r/LivestreamFail by u/riseyyy • 10,957 points and 1,659 comments

Holy shit...this is a disgusting thing to read, I wouldn't be able to watch that clip...

This guy is horrible, and I'm not surprised to hear that he has always been a shithead.

I'd also like to echo that Aztecross seems like a really solid guy, probably my favorite D2 streamer alongside ProfessorBroman.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
dmg seems like the kind of guy to preach accountability after what just came out about Bungie and feuding with another employee on twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Aztecross, Fallout, and Coolguy all seem like solid dudes.

Their personas at least seem to not actively be obnoxious most of the time.
Cross and Jake are the legit good guys. Not too sure about the others.
Agreed. All of the above are good people as are the people they play with. Support their content if you're going to support D2 content. Or others known to not be pieces of shit.

I'd also add:
All good content creators and streamers that I've watched on and off for years. All worth a follow, some with small channels (Kellss [PvPer], Jade Telesto [PvEer]) that can always benefit from a follow.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
bully-maguire-dance.gif
Friendship ended with Cat Ear Dance, Bully Maguire Dance is now my best friend.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
gixxer clyde is a piece of shit animal abuser screaming cancel culture when he gets held accountable for being a piece of shit? surprise of the year!

seriously ive never liked that meathead. Cross is about the only d2 streamer i can actually stand these days.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
More like a lot of trash talk from a thread full of people who struggle with legend lost sectors lmao.

Jokes aside i should really grind this weeks NF.

Burned all my high tier mats on "builds" but i still got a couple of more i want to make so i need the extra dough, i feel like im always in this situation lol.

Oh and just throwing it out there top tree void is kinda nuts and axion bolts are gonna get blasted with the nerf gun once people start exploiting the degeneracy, 3 warlocks on trials just throwing overcharged axion bolts for a safe pick every 40ish seconds will be a nightmare.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I haven't cared to play gambit since bottom dollar first dropped. I would rather watch Bold play gambit than watch Halo Infinite though. That game is boredum incarnate. No wonder Bungie sold the franchise with the quickness. They were bored from making them.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I haven't cared to play gambit since bottom dollar first dropped. I would rather watch Bold play gambit than watch Halo Infinite though. That game is boredum incarnate. No wonder Bungie sold the franchise with the quickness. They were bored from making them.
I got a Bottom Dollar the other day with Rangefinder/Explosive Payload.

Wonder if it's any good in Crucible?

I also got a Trinary System with Quickdraw/Back Up Plan that could be good for a laugh.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo > Destiny PvP.

Facts.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I'm so bored with this season at this point that I've started doing solo flawless dungeons. I was always so scared of doing Prophecy but it was easier than Grasp was I'll tell you that. Not sure if I care enough about Pit or Shattered Throne, but maybe. There's nothing else to do really. Hopefully with WQ they can maintain three month seasons.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so bored with this season at this point that I've started doing solo flawless dungeons. I was always so scared of doing Prophecy but it was easier than Grasp was I'll tell you that. Not sure if I care enough about Pit or Shattered Throne, but maybe. There's nothing else to do really. Hopefully with WQ they can maintain three month seasons.
wtf are people using for flawless solos ? Is that warlock mostly? I runs titan and solo flawless Grasp seems way more attainable than Prophecy. Prophecy I am a bullet sponge.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I think long seasons are fine to allow people to play catchup and ameliorate some FOMO. Thus far, they only happen once a release cycle.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
play other games like the rest of us

there is nothing worth grinding at this point if you already have good stuff, and weapon crafting is probably going to make most of the shit we've been grinding for obsolete.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
wtf are people using for flawless solos ? Is that warlock mostly? I runs titan and solo flawless Grasp seems way more attainable than Prophecy. Prophecy I am a bullet sponge.
I use top tree void hunter with the sixth coyote. cartesian coordinate, linear fusion heavy and whatever the situation calls for kinetic.

I think long seasons are fine to allow people to play catchup and ameliorate some FOMO. Thus far, they only happen once a release cycle.
That's a good point. I've had a few lapsed friends jump back in for 30th and had an entire season's worth of stuff to catch up on.
play other games like the rest of us

there is nothing worth grinding at this point if you already have good stuff, and weapon crafting is probably going to make most of the shit we've been grinding for obsolete.
Oh I do. Played the hell out of Forza and Halo, and I'm still happy with Destiny. Just finding new ways to amuse myself.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oh I do. Played the hell out of Forza and Halo, and I'm still happy with Destiny. Just finding new ways to amuse myself.
Ah. I too am struggling to find things in gaming to do. Halo doesn't interest me much and Destiny is just worn out with this season for me. I'm back to playing League and Dota 2 with my free time. I'd rather be playing Destiny if destiny was worth playing right now.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished a replay of Dead Space 1-3 with FPS boost on Series X.

Now I'm on to Mass Effect Legendary.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I must say it is nice not having touched Gambit or Crucible in weeks since finishing all those non-sense seasonal triumphs.

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to solo GoA was a nice reminder that I am very mediocre at this game. Couldn't even get to 2nd damage phase of Phry'zhia. This was my very first time in the dungeon tho.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
Hey I recently got into this at the start of December and after watching like forty hours of vaulted content I'm almost narratively caught up. Now I'm just racing through the seasonal content that leaves next month and have a few questions:

I've got a couple quests in the legacy quest terminal. One of them seems to be an older exotic quest for Chaperone and I did the more recent one. I know multiples of exotic weapons aren't useful outside of DMT and Hawkmoon but is the older Chaperone quest worth experiencing?

Another one is an exotic quest for Wishender but it's not clear if this is some alternative version of the quest like with Chaperone or what. I tried to solo the Shattered Throne dungeon and that didn't go so well but maybe I'm better equipped for that now. Just a bit scared to grab the quest off the terminal and mess something up somehow.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Trying to solo GoA was a nice reminder that I am very mediocre at this game. Couldn't even get to 2nd damage phase of Phry'zhia. This was my very first time in the dungeon tho.

It takes some practice to really get that one going. My loadout was an Overflow auto, fusion and Sleeper. If you can put on void damage resistance, do it. For Hunter I was top tree Nightstalker, Well for Warlock, and I haven't done it with Titan but I'd probably go middle void. For hunter I'd go invisible to deposit or throw a healing nade for Warlock. If you make it to the crystal you're often safe if you crouch though. Unless the thrall mob up on you, but if they do a couple fusion shots will melt the mob. When clearing the rooms use your super. You get it back if you pick up ten engrams, which is very easy.

My technique was to plan when to let the cannon despawn. Sometimes I'd hold onto it for as long as I could, other times I'd want it to disappear so the thrall and boss will aggro them instead of me. I wouldn't want the Fallen up during damage though, the snipes and grenades can make it pretty scary even in a well.

During damage I'd go towards the room on the left. Warlock can be a little closer to the door since Well is good protection, if I was a hunter I'd go deeper in the room and use the door divider as cover from his eye beam. Hit him with my special fusion to proc particle deconstruction, then use all my Sleeper shots. I managed to get the fight down consistently, but it's always stressful lol.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I know multiples of exotic weapons aren't useful outside of DMT and Hawkmoon but is the older Chaperone quest worth experiencing?

Old chaperone quest iirc just resetting your crucible rank. You can grab it and it will just complete itself in time assuming you regularly play Crucible.

Another one is an exotic quest for Wishender but it's not clear if this is some alternative version of the quest like with Chaperone or what.

That's the Wishender quest. You can grab it.

I tried to solo the Shattered Throne dungeon and that didn't go so well but maybe I'm better equipped for that now.

Dungeon is balanced for a fireteam (tho Shattered Throne is fairly old at this point, two people should be enough to finish it), and you do need to run it twice. First run just finish it normally, just don't forget to present the talisman/quest item to the statue after the first boss. After that you need to do some busy work on Tangled Shore iirc. Second run, you need to do additional steps throughout the first half of the Dungeon.

I suggest finding other people to help you do it, either join ERA Discord or use Bungie LFG (use title like "Shattered Throne first time need help" for the first run and "Doing Wishender tokens step in Shattered Throne" for the second run.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hate the Lake of Shadows strike. I know people enjoy that you can speedrun it and grind it out pretty quickly but in terms of generally gameplay, I can't stand it. It's a bunch of things that add up to me not liking it. It's in the EDZ is I feel is the blandest destination in Destiny. It's against the Taken which are my least favorite enemy faction. There are tons of Taken Phalanx which are just annoying to fight. Add in Taken Captains popping shields and goblins giving invincibility to other units and you have a lot of moments where you are just waiting to get in some damage, either by waiting for you or the enemy to get into a better position or for the shields to go away. It's even the little things like how you start the strike facing the opposite direction. Like why? Why you are overlooking this cliff at the start? The boss can be melted down quickly but if for whatever reason you can't get the quick kill, it becomes one of the worst fights in the game. I remember D2 launch and my teams continuously wiping because there was just too much shit going on.

Sorry for the rant. I just wanted to get off my chest about how much I hate this strike and how running this for 4 years has worn me down.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Man, I hate the Lake of Shadows strike. I know people enjoy that you can speedrun it and grind it out pretty quickly but in terms of generally gameplay, I can't stand it. It's a bunch of things that add up to me not liking it. It's in the EDZ is I feel is the blandest destination in Destiny. It's against the Taken which are my least favorite enemy faction. There are tons of Taken Phalanx which are just annoying to fight. Add in Taken Captains popping shields and goblins giving invincibility to other units and you have a lot of moments where you are just waiting to get in some damage, either by waiting for you or the enemy to get into a better position or for the shields to go away. It's even the little things like how you start the strike facing the opposite direction. Like why? Why you are overlooking this cliff at the start? The boss can be melted down quickly but if for whatever reason you can't get the quick kill, it becomes one of the worst fights in the game. I remember D2 launch and my teams continuously wiping because there was just too much shit going on.

Sorry for the rant. I just wanted to get off my chest about how much I hate this strike and how running this for 4 years has worn me down.
Don't worry HockeyBird.

It'll get vaulted eventually ;P

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm kind of working on that triumph where you beat each Battlegrounds with no one on the fireteam dying and it's not even because I'm playing with randoms. Every single death has been those damn Cabal pods.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I recently got into this at the start of December and after watching like forty hours of vaulted content I'm almost narratively caught up. Now I'm just racing through the seasonal content that leaves next month and have a few questions:

I've got a couple quests in the legacy quest terminal. One of them seems to be an older exotic quest for Chaperone and I did the more recent one. I know multiples of exotic weapons aren't useful outside of DMT and Hawkmoon but is the older Chaperone quest worth experiencing?

Another one is an exotic quest for Wishender but it's not clear if this is some alternative version of the quest like with Chaperone or what. I tried to solo the Shattered Throne dungeon and that didn't go so well but maybe I'm better equipped for that now. Just a bit scared to grab the quest off the terminal and mess something up somehow.
Chaperone is nice because they give you a couple of different ways to get it via PVE or PVP. If you care about PVP, it's also one of those "fuck you" shotguns that people use because it's basically a long range sniper shotgun. lol

Wishender is a quest that requires doing Shattered Throne at least twice and some other stuff along the way. The only negative about holding the quest is losing a quest slot in your inventory, but I don't think there's a reason not to have it. Some people get the quest on their alts and hold it because it unlocks an exclusive strike variant that you can solo, so you can farm strike bounties there without worrying about other people taking your kills.
It's one of the harder quests to do though, so I would say you want to find people to help if you can. Unfortunately, there will be a part of the quest that I think you either need people to be on the same step as you to help or you actually have to solo.

There's also a Riskrunner quest which I actually didn't mind doing as part of the New Light campaign because it gives a bit of Cayde backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.