Oct 27, 2017
The Hunter Malfeasance/Lucky Pants build is absolutely broken in Gambit - I'm consistently doing 60-70% of my teams primeval damage just from swapping to a hand cannon and shooting it a few times.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I saw this before the edit; no, YOU'RE beautiful. 😁
Haha I forgot I'd originally put a response in for your comment when coming back and replying to the rest and felt like a dork for replying twice. I meant it no less though, and thank you 🥰💖

Such a beautiful OT, aiat!
Aiat indeed! Thanks Praedyth 🌷

Perfect OT as always Kyuuji <3
Thanks Duebrithil, they don't always click into place but I really enjoyed this one and happy it's out there. I'm glad peeps like it <3

Great OT Kyuuji ❤️
Hey you, thank you 💕 I hope you're good x

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20230822_170757_Instagram.jpg

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really like that new weapon boost option for crafted weapons. I can just boost all the new ones i make to lvl 20 without any worries since I have like 4k enhancement cores lol.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
These stupid error codes are driving me crazy

I really like that new weapon boost option for crafted weapons. I can just boost all the new ones i make to lvl 20 without any worries since I have like 4k enhancement cores lol.

Especially a godsend for primary weapons. Took like more than 2k kills to get my bow up to level. :(

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda ridiculous that Bungie hasn't even acknowledged the server issues today. A quick Reddit/Twitter search shows that it's pretty wide spread.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
So i learned deleting the expansions from xbox will significantly improve your log in times. Back to logging in quickly like the good old days.
Didn't know this. Just tried and yeah those files aren't necessary. At the very least you save over 100mbs depending on how many expansions you have. I had 11 files all 10mb in size varying from all the expansions to pre-order bonuses etc. May save 5 seconds in total not sure to be honest. Loading has always been pretty quick for me on Series S.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Didn't know this. Just tried and yeah those files aren't necessary. At the very least you save over 100mbs depending on how many expansions you have. I had 11 files all 10mb in size varying from all the expansions to pre-order bonuses etc. May save 5 seconds in total not sure to be honest. Loading has always been pretty quick for me on Series S.
It was taking me minutes lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Is now a good time to jump into Destiny 2? Tempted to get the Legacy Collection because it's 60% off.

I was playing Destiny 1, but hit a wall because there's zero matchmaking for Strikes or the Crucible on Xbox.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck at this week's Altar with these modifiers for the people who haven't done it yet💀

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to determine when a Vex Incursion will happen? Is there a timer I can follow?

It's random so it's mostly luck. The one upside is that it's a global event so you can check on the map instead of going there to check manually and use discord bots or people to give you a heads up.

Is now a good time to jump into Destiny 2? Tempted to get the Legacy Collection because it's 60% off.

I was playing Destiny 1, but hit a wall because there's zero matchmaking for Strikes or the Crucible on Xbox.

If you're planning on going through all the legacy collection stuff then now is as good as time as any other.

Good luck at this week's Altar with these modifiers for the people who haven't done it yet💀

Yea attrition was annoying but it at least has the upside of constant regen if you can chain the orbs. Grounded is purely negative and staying on the ground doesn't make the mode more interesting.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Is now a good time to jump into Destiny 2? Tempted to get the Legacy Collection because it's 60% off
For sure, just keep in mind there's a lot to work through to clear all the content and some older missions have occasional hiccups (if you get stuck in a mission dialogue with an npc just reload the landing zone, and if your path seems blocked in the Witch Queen campaign try travelling to a different loading zone — where the name of the area appears on the bottom left — and back again to unblock it). Nothing major and some could have been a result of me zooming through it as fast as I could (recently remade a character), but worth mentioning either in case they occur.

Outside of that the gunplay continues to be great, there's a number of fun and functional builds across classes, some great weapons and a whole lot of stuff to play. I highly recommend hopping onto the discord at some point as well, to help find chill groups for some of the endgame content and raids.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm done with this Altars dogshit, please for the love of fucking christ stop putting in Tier 3s

Wtfpigeons

Aug 6, 2020

There's some good content but a lot of it has been power crept to hell.
The high level end game pretty much isn't there except for the day 1s and even the last one of those was pretty awful.
But there's some decent stuff in the game and some decent people on the game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to determine when a Vex Incursion will happen? Is there a timer I can follow?
There are Discord and Telegram channels you can follow to get notifications when one is about to happen. I don't use the Discord one, but here's a link to the Telegram one:

t.me

Vex Network

Get notified when a vex incursion is happening

Jun 20, 2021
As a solo player, this seems like a pretty easy Badge for the season unless one of the Deck of Whispers challenges is difficulty based.

Gong

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
New Destiny OP? ✅
Kyuuji knocking it out the park as always? ✅

Superb as always, nice one.

New season so far has been pretty good, definitely a step up from Deep, no pun intended. Now onto contest Crota on Friday!

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I was expecting they'd make all Garden weapons craftable at this point. But I guess we're not getting that.
They will at some point. Either next season or during one of the episodes next year. They just have Garden and Vault to rerelease weapons with crafting. I'd hope Garden is next season, because the Vault weapons are all great roll wise. Most of the Garden weapons need help with new perks.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, what are the resources to look at to figure out what guns are good? I'm going to want to play the Final Shape, and have access to Witch Queen and Lightfall right now, but no seasons.

So basically, all the major DLCs, but no seasonal content. I don't really want to jump into the seasonal stuff, because I did get really into the 30th anniversary and it just killed all momentum I had for witch queen. I just finished the main story there, and am about to finish the Lightfall story.

Best in slot weapons and crafting guide for new/returning players

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So, what are the resources to look at to figure out what guns are good? I'm going to want to play the Final Shape, and have access to Witch Queen and Lightfall right now, but no seasons.

So basically, all the major DLCs, but no seasonal content. I don't really want to jump into the seasonal stuff, because I did get really into the 30th anniversary and it just killed all momentum I had for witch queen. I just finished the main story there, and am about to finish the Lightfall story.

Here are some resources you can check out. Keep in mind that these are just (experienced) players' opinions and that you or anyone else might not fully agree with. But it's a good starting point. I came back to the game in the spring and found these to be pretty helpful:

(NOTE: this spreadsheet is not up to date but I included it anyways because you can at least see where weapons can drop from)
docs.google.com

Destiny 2 Best in Slot Legendary Weapons (S20)

Best in Slot Legendary Weapons Auto Kinetic Slot,Element,Craft,Source,Use,Auto Energy Slot,Element,Craft,Source,Use,SMG Kinetic Slot,Element,Craft,Source,Use,SMG Energy Slot <a href="https://www.light.gg/db/items/484515708/rufuss-fury/">Rufus’s Fury</a>,Strand,RoN,PvE/PvP,<a href="https://www.l...

Also, if you have the 30th anniversary pack, the shotgun and hand cannon from Grasp of Avarice dungeon are both great. All of the craftable weapons from Dares of Eternity are very good (the breech grenade launcher Pardon Our Dust with Auto Loading Holster and Disorienting Grenades is incredibly useful when running harder content). The craftable weapons whose patterns you should have gotten when doing the intro to crafting quest at the start of Witch Queen are very good too: Ammit AR2 is an incredible workhorse auto rifle for solar builds and is also excellent in the Crucible, Taipan is a great linear fusion for bosses. Lightfall weapons are great too. Getting the crafting patterns was an extreme chore but got fixed this season so it should be easier. If you like hand cannons, Round Robin is great, and Iterative Loop is an incredible fusion rifle.

For Vanguard weapons, get some engrams, go to the Legacy Gear option and then buy Hothead. That's one of the current meta rocket launchers and you'd want to get Auto Loading Holster and Explosive Light on it. Run Nightfalls and try to look for a Hung Jury, which is an incredible scout rifle. You can also go to the Dreaming City destination and run some of the Well public events and get a decent kinetic auto rifle (Tigerspite), which has served me well as a workhorse in a lot of content, as well as Vouchsafe, a very very good Void scout rifle.

Check in with Banshee at the Tower every day; he sells two pools of weapons, one that rotates on a weekly basis (with fixed rolls for the entire week) and another pool that rotates daily, with rolls changing twice a day (although lately this season the rolls haven't changed). He has recently been selling Retrofit Escapade, which is one of the best machine guns, after it has been unavailable for a long time.

Also, when you bought Lightfall, you should have also gotten the current season at the time you purchased it. If you bought it at its launch, then you should have access to Season 20, which have some amazing weapons that you can craft.

Last edited:

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Here are some resources you can check out. Keep in mind that these are just (experienced) players' opinions and that you or anyone else might not fully agree with. But it's a good starting point. I came back to the game in the spring and found these to be pretty helpful:

docs.google.com

Best in Slot Legendary Weapons Auto Kinetic Slot,Element,Craft,Source,Use,Auto Energy Slot,Element,Craft,Source,Use,SMG Kinetic Slot,Element,Craft,Source,Use,SMG Energy Slot <a href="https://www.light.gg/db/items/484515708/rufuss-fury/">Rufus’s Fury</a>,Strand,RoN,PvE/PvP,<a href="https://www.l...

this is actually very useful, the list is spot on imo

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

docs.google.com

Also, if you have the 30th anniversary pack, the shotgun and hand cannon from Grasp of Avarice dungeon are both great. All of the craftable weapons from Dares of Eternity are very good (the breech grenade launcher Pardon Our Dust with Auto Loading Holster and Disorienting Grenades is incredibly useful when running harder content). The craftable weapons whose patterns you should have gotten when doing the intro to crafting quest at the start of Witch Queen are very good too: Ammit AR2 is an incredible workhorse auto rifle for solar builds and is also excellent in the Crucible, Taipan is a great linear fusion for bosses. Lightfall weapons are great too. Getting the crafting patterns was an extreme chore but got fixed this season so it should be easier. If you like hand cannons, Round Robin is great, and Iterative Loop is an incredible fusion rifle.

For Vanguard weapons, get some engrams, go to the Legacy Gear option and then buy Hothead. That's one of the current meta rocket launchers and you'd want to get Auto Loading Holster and Explosive Light on it. Run Nightfalls and try to look for a Hung Jury, which is an incredible scout rifle. You can also go to the Dreaming City destination and run some of the Well public events and get a decent kinetic auto rifle (Tigerspite), which has served me well as a workhorse in a lot of content, as well as Vouchsafe, a very very good Void scout rifle.

Also, check in with Banshee at the Tower every day; he sells two pools of weapons, one that rotates on a weekly basis (with fixed rolls for the entire week) and another pool that rotates daily, with rolls changing twice a day (although lately this season the rolls haven't changed). He has recently been selling Retrofit Escapade, which is one of the best machine guns, after it has been unavailable for a long time.

This is excellent, thank you!

McSmiggins

Oct 28, 2017
Is that table from last season?

Retrofit is available at Banshee today (and I'm sure I've seen Sweet Sorrow there as well) if you don't raid, it's well worth getting it craftable, if you do, grab a Commemoration.
Also not seeing Apex Predator on there, which I thought was up there in terms of DPS?

It's a great list, I'm just sad Tears of Contrition isn't on it, Moving Target/Explosive Payload has been my go to PvP for about a year. That said, I suck at pvP

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is that table from last season?

Retrofit is available at Banshee today (and I'm sure I've seen Sweet Sorrow there as well) if you don't raid, it's well worth getting it craftable, if you do, grab a Commemoration.
Also not seeing Apex Predator on there, which I thought was up there in terms of DPS?

It's a great list, I'm just sad Tears of Contrition isn't on it, Moving Target/Explosive Payload has been my go to PvP for about a year. That said, I suck at pvP

Yeah, the first spreadsheet hasn't been updated, I'll edit my post mentioning this. And yes, Apex is THE rocket launcher you want right now, but it's from Last Wish, which is only available if you buy the Forsaken pack.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
New story update made me chuckle. Immaru's whole shtick being like "I hate you, but I'm also lazy, so yeah. This is a trap. No, I don't know what the end goal is. If you die, I don't care, fuck you" was a refreshing change of pace in a sea of obviously telegraphed video game betrayals the player has to pretend to not be in on.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, the first spreadsheet hasn't been updated, I'll edit my post mentioning this. And yes, Apex is THE rocket launcher you want right now, but it's from Last Wish, which is only available if you buy the Forsaken pack.
Bait n' Switch + Envious Assassin on Cold Comfort (Ghosts Dungeon) can get 3 in the chamber when prepped, which is super nice for burst DPS on a short window. Can also get Tracking + Explosive light with 2 in the chamber if you want something with less setup and reliable for longer windows and fireteams.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Bait n' Switch + Envious Assassin on Cold Comfort (Ghosts Dungeon) can get 3 in the chamber when prepped, which is super nice for burst DPS on a short window. Can also get Tracking + Explosive light with 2 in the chamber if you want something with less setup and reliable for longer windows and fireteams.

I keep getting Perpetual Motion + B&S whenever I farm the first encounter. Like, over 5 of them by now. Bungie please.