• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Have yet to see a single mountaintop, forebearance, falling guillotine, or hammerhead. It's all Elsie's rifle, recluse, and hung jury.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So if I want to farm for Ikelos weapon red borders should I do the exotic mission on legend or normal? I only need 1 more red border shotgun, but I don't have a couple of them weapon patterns.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I give up on getting a craft able Ikelos shotty, my crap without remorse will do, pretty sure I've gotten multiple of every other weapon but it. If you ever want a season weapon pattern do it during the season this shit is brutal.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
remember that if you have the deepsight activator thingies from the season pass you can use them on a weapon that didn't have deepsight before (except for raid weapons bought for the spoils chest because bungo is like that)
check your vault, maybe you got an ikelos non red border you can redborderize

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
remember that if you have the deepsight activator thingies from the season pass you can use them on a weapon that didn't have deepsight before (except for raid weapons bought for the spoils chest because bungo is like that)
check your vault, maybe you got an ikelos non red border you can redborderize
I know, I just need 1 shotgun doesn't even need to be a red border 😭. I have at least got pretty decent a grapple 1 2 punching now so wasn't all for nothing.

Saw that Xur has the sniper at the moment (I assume it's a 3.0 one I haven't actually went and checked) so I'll just wait for him to sell one.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Xur is selling the IKELOS Sniper right now, it's possible he might have the shotgun at some point. And you can always get like 2 (3? I forget) guaranteed red borders by doing the pinnacles for Seraph (2 clears any difficulty and 1 clear on Legend). So just do it again when it's in rotation. Seraph just has a huge loot pool, I still have a ton of borders I need to get.

But yeah, if you get a non-red border shotgun to drop, you can just use a Harmonizer if you have any.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
On a more positive note first time really messing with the in game LFG and it was nice not having to leave the game to do some farming and it was super fast for the most part.

I do wish there was more ways to be more specific as I was looking out for any of the help ones, but most just kept it super basic and I assume you can't actually pick Legend as a tag for the Exotic Rotator because no one did even though probably 50% were Legend. Also seeing how long they've been up for like you can on the app would be very appreciated too as some people are for sure not actually there so you can join them and you'll have no real way to tell.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Grinding for the Shiny Mountaintop last week broke me, so I haven't played this week. Are this week's Brave weapons any good?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Grinding for the Shiny Mountaintop last week broke me, so I haven't played this week. Are this week's Brave weapons any good?
Demo + chain reaction on Foreberance seems very good (though chain reaction is getting nerfed on it with TFS so might be only for a short time). If you are on a Light subclass you can get back your grenade super fast as the Brave weapons boost grenade regeneration on a kill and it stacks with demo.

Hammerhead has a lot of really good rolls, but if you already have something like a crafted Commemoration you don't need one. As they are pretty close to each other.

Jun 9, 2023
If you already have a crafted Forbearance and crafted Commemoration, then the new Brave Forbearance and Hammerhead aren't really worth the effort.

Forbearance can get Demo in the 3rd column, and the Origin Trait can give more Grenade energy, but Chain is still its best 4th column perk. It's more of a side-grade than upgrade. Hammerhead can get Rampage in 3rd column to then stack with various other damage perks in the 4th column. It's a lot of damage, but you then have normal mag sizes and have to reload it manually. Personally, Reconstruction and Killing Tally on Commemoration is just better at always being ready, and tons of rounds ready. I guess if you only play Gyrfalcon Hunter, and can just dodge to bypass the mag sizes and manual reload issue, then it's good.

As with all Brave weapons, though, good luck actually getting a good one. I'm more than happy with my perfectly crafted weapons from before.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's so hard to be a Titan on console on Ghosts on the final boss with two people who don't know what to do and you also have to be on Arbalest because otherwise no damage would happen. I should really invest in a keyboard so I can type more quickly instead of typing War and Peace when all I wanna say is "Dunk!"

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Demo + chain reaction on Foreberance seems very good (though chain reaction is getting nerfed on it with TFS so might be only for a short time). If you are on a Light subclass you can get back your grenade super fast as the Brave weapons boost grenade regeneration on a kill and it stacks with demo.

Hammerhead has a lot of really good rolls, but if you already have something like a crafted Commemoration you don't need one. As they are pretty close to each other.
If you already have a crafted Forbearance and crafted Commemoration, then the new Brave Forbearance and Hammerhead aren't really worth the effort.

Forbearance can get Demo in the 3rd column, and the Origin Trait can give more Grenade energy, but Chain is still its best 4th column perk. It's more of a side-grade than upgrade. Hammerhead can get Rampage in 3rd column to then stack with various other damage perks in the 4th column. It's a lot of damage, but you then have normal mag sizes and have to reload it manually. Personally, Reconstruction and Killing Tally on Commemoration is just better at always being ready, and tons of rounds ready. I guess if you only play Gyrfalcon Hunter, and can just dodge to bypass the mag sizes and manual reload issue, then it's good.

As with all Brave weapons, though, good luck actually getting a good one. I'm more than happy with my perfectly crafted weapons from before.
I don't have the crafted versions of those weapons and the ones I do have seems to be kinda mid. Demo on a waveframe sounds lovely though! Would love having more uptime on grenades. Wish the Origin Trait would work on dark subclasses though, since it would be a great pairing with a Strand subclass for example on Grapple. Guess I'm off to get myself a nice Forbearance this weekend. Never really been a fan of non-DPS heavies though, so not sure about Hammerhead. Prolly not worth it to go for a shiny.

Jun 9, 2023
I don't have the crafted versions of those weapons and the ones I do have seems to be kinda mid..... Never really been a fan of non-DPS heavies though, so not sure about Hammerhead. Prolly not worth it to go for a shiny.
Yea, if you don't already have those 2 I mentioned, then these two Brave weapons are totally fine. Forbearance is excellent, for sure.The 'Curated' one you get from the Arcite bounty is actually very usable. It has Stats-for-All and Chain with a Reload MW. Super easy to hit 3 things with a wave, and then you get a ton of stat bumps, so you have basically max Handling and Reload. Very usable if you don't want to farm a ton of them.

LMGs are a much more niche thing. Like you said, if you are typically wanting big DPS for boss type things, then there are much better options. They work very well in Onslaught/Coil type things, though. They often have an Overcharge, and are basically the best ad-clear in the game, and then you can swap to a DPS load out for Bosses. Hammerhead is excellent, but if you typically use other options in the Heavy slot, then probably not worth grinding for a random decent one. There are plenty of good Craftable LMGs you could work for if you really want one.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone get me up to date on adept trials weapon drops?

Do I need to go flawless for adept weapons or is any (flawed) 7 win card enough to have a chance at a drop on subsequent games without having been flawless?

The Visine bottle on the couch really makes this video.
I think u only get a single Adept drop with Persistence if u manage to get to the 7 wins. That card removes a win with a loss though. With Mercy u have to win 7 games and are allowed to lose 2 games during that run to be Flawless for the week. After that u continue playing on that card and wins give u a chance for more Adept drops while flawing the card doesn't matter after going Flawless.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I think u only get a single Adept drop with Persistence if u manage to get to the 7 wins. That card removes a win with a loss though. With Mercy u have to win 7 games and are allowed to lose 2 games during that run to be Flawless for the week. After that u continue playing on that card and wins give u a chance for more Adept drops while flawing the card doesn't matter after going Flawless.
Many thanks. So Persistence doesn't do the "keep playing for drops" thing if you get it to 7 wins? Just one adept and reset?

Jun 9, 2023
Well, ok then. I can confirm that Hammerhead is indeed very good, but everyone claiming it to be the absolute best ever, all-conquering LMG are overselling it, a lot. This thing is very good, and it ramps up to a massive damage buff. It's like a ~73% buff over base when both Rampage and KT are going. HOWEVER, this thing only has 59 rounds in a mag, and a little over ~410 total with max reserves. You will be reloading it quite often, and every time you do that, poof no more KT. My Reconstruction Commemoration, that has damn near 20k kills on it now, has 150 rounds in a mag when it's fully amped up and 450 with max reserves. Hammerhead just absolutely slays out when it comes to clearing adds, but anything bigger and it falls on its face.

For example, when the Demolitionists or a Tormentor show up in Onslaught. You mow down a bunch of adds, build up your damage buff, then start laying into the big bad. They have so much health, that you will blow through what's left of those 59 rounds very quickly, and then after you reload, you no longer have any damage buff. You then have to hunt for more adds, ramp up your damage, then shoot at the big bad, etc etc. A Recon Commemoration, while "only" having a +30% damage buff, will retain that buff full time, as long as you don't stow it.

So yea, this roll on HH is incredible damage, and for any high-density activities like Onslaught, Coil, etc, it will just dominate ad-clear on basically anything Champion caliber or lower. After that, though, the damage buff window is so incredibly small, it falls off a cliff to the point that you're kinda just wasting Heavy ammo. As long as your teammates have DPS to handle the bigger targets, though, it will work well. I'm absolutely NOT deleting my Commemoration though. That thing still very much has a place.

HnQWcpO.jpg

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Well, ok then. I can confirm that Hammerhead is indeed very good, but everyone claiming it to be the absolute best ever, all-conquering LMG are overselling it, a lot. This thing is very good, and it ramps up to a massive damage buff. It's like a ~73% buff over base when both Rampage and KT are going. HOWEVER, this thing only has 59 rounds in a mag, and a little over ~410 total with max reserves. You will be reloading it quite often, and every time you do that, poof no more KT. My Reconstruction Commemoration, that has damn near 20k kills on it now, has 150 rounds in a mag when it's fully amped up and 450 with max reserves. Hammerhead just absolutely slays out when it comes to clearing adds, but anything bigger and it falls on its face.

For example, when the Demolitionists or a Tormentor show up in Onslaught. You mow down a bunch of adds, build up your damage buff, then start laying into the big bad. They have so much health, that you will blow through what's left of those 59 rounds very quickly, and then after you reload, you no longer have any damage buff. You then have to hunt for more adds, ramp up your damage, then shoot at the big bad, etc etc. A Recon Commemoration, while "only" having a +30% damage buff, will retain that buff full time, as long as you don't stow it.

So yea, this roll on HH is incredible damage, and for any high-density activities like Onslaught, Coil, etc, it will just dominate ad-clear on basically anything Champion caliber or lower. After that, though, the damage buff window is so incredibly small, it falls off a cliff to the point that you're kinda just wasting Heavy ammo. As long as your teammates have DPS to handle the bigger targets, though, it will work well. I'm absolutely NOT deleting my Commemoration though. That thing still very much has a place.

HnQWcpO.jpg
Double damage is just overkill on the Hammerhead imo. Been using 1 with Rewind Rounds and Onslaught which I like a lot, can shoot like 100 bullets without much effort due to the weapon just being super stable, before a reload and the fire rate ramp up is just pretty fun and will pretty quickly melt any major. Been going double special with it as my primary for some Coil and Onslaughts.

Have an envious and killing tally roll too, but not mess with it yet.

Jun 9, 2023
Have an envious and killing tally roll too, but not mess with it yet.
That is honestly the best roll, IMO. You can get up to 225 rounds in the mag, and a permanent damage buff the whole time you have the thing out. Like you said, double damage perks is just way overkill. The types of things you should be using a LMG to kill will die easily enough with just 1 buff. The second buff is just wasting a perk slot that could enhance the weapon other ways. Perfect world would have been Auto-Loading and Onslaught. That combo would have been perfect for a LMG. Oh well.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
LMGs arent DPS guns (besides TLord in RON lel), they're just good general use guns

Xenophage is pretty good now too, it was meta for a brief moment during Garden of Salvation - it's also very good to use during Onslaught runs in general

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Attunement seems to work today, I got a ton of Forbearance and Edge Transits today. Even got this (but I have a crafted one already lol)

Screenshot_20240427-115255.png

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
LMGs arent DPS guns (besides TLord in RON lel), they're just good general use guns

Xenophage is pretty good now too, it was meta for a brief moment during Garden of Salvation - it's also very good to use during Onslaught runs in general
Xenophage is my I use it and realize it's good and should use it more often then immediately forget about it once it goes back in the vault gun. 1 of those guns that you can't really go wrong with as it's basically just shoot the thing, doesn't matter where and you'll do pretty good damage.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how much prep they've done, like if they're going in as all 1600s and with no prep and prior knowledge of the game, it would be rough. I will still check it out though, it is very interesting, so thanks for sharing :)

Well there is currently the new options to skip the tutorials and claim max power gear, so maybe that was the turning point for them.

They do not like being told anything, so I don't think they'll want to know what the meta weapons/classes are. I could be wrong though.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally did some deep vault cleaning by using D2checklist and the Blueberries.gg.

Basically wanted one weapons archetype per Energy type. If it got lower than a B on Blueberries it got the shard as well. The Brave arsenal trumped a lot of old weapons as well.

Got rid of some 100 weapons and found some rolls I'm excited to test out. Enough space for Final Shape, but it stays a battle with the vault space.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely starting to burn out with Onslaught now (lasted a lot longer than I expected to be honest) doubt I go too hard for the last two weapons and I'm pretty happy with what I have.

I do hope they add some new maps and new weapons (and shinies) with time, more burned out with the maps as I only really enjoy mid town, than the mode itself and think it could easily become a new pillar activity if they want it to.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, maybe back during Forsaken, but Last Wish has been power crept to hell and back... all they need to do is solve the puzzle once, get to DPS and the boss will die in 5 seconds

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
They'll have the benefit of not having to worry about adds with with power scaling we have now but I am curious how or even if they'll figure out vault or brute force it like the day 1 team did. Being experienced WoW raiders and without the time pressure I'm guessing they'll figure it and Riven out pretty quickly.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once again I request Bungie to make Momentum a permanent playlist.

Hardware Momentum is the dream.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Mass Effect stuff still available or over(besides the free stuff I already got when it hit)

I'm going to come back and give Destiny another shot as I'm just so over Call of Duty/Warzone atm and trying something else to play for a decent while

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Path of Persistence might be the most demoralizing Trials experience there is, which is the exact opposite of what it's trying to achieve.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Finally did some deep vault cleaning by using D2checklist and the Blueberries.gg.

Basically wanted one weapons archetype per Energy type. If it got lower than a B on Blueberries it got the shard as well. The Brave arsenal trumped a lot of old weapons as well.

Got rid of some 100 weapons and found some roles I'm excited to test out. Enough space for Final Shape, but it stays a battle with the vault space.
Yup its been nice having all this new space but damn i wish i waited a week to delete my zen/kc atlanta d🥲.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My Ghosts of the Deep run was flawless yesterday for the first time! Well, my teammates died a couple of times, but still, I count this as an achievement lol.