Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap is that true? Guaranteed red borders for each season daily? I know what I'll be knocking out on my Odin daily from now on. I will unlock all those patterns!

Good luck! It took me like 16 runs ...
Thank you! I think I'm already 20 runs in, I'm a sherpa now for the normal Ghosts lol. Hopefully the catalyst mission is like how it works on Warlords so I can sherpa people with that as well. Warlords I got BB on my 5th run and it was a Final Checkpoint run lol.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap is that true? Guaranteed red borders for each season daily? I know what I'll be knocking out on my Odin daily from now on. I will unlock all those patterns!

Thank you! I think I'm already 20 runs in, I'm a sherpa now for the normal Ghosts lol. Hopefully the catalyst mission is like how it works on Warlords so I can sherpa people with that as well. Warlords I got BB on my 5th run and it was a Final Checkpoint run lol.

Hope you are least got the SMG with Demolitionist/Incandescent!

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the post was true, got a red border from Avalon, nice! Hope from these daily red borders I will also get the cards I am missing from Season of the Witch

Hope you are least got the SMG with Demolitionist/Incandescent!
Is that any good? I thought the best solar SMG or even among all SMGs is the Calus Mini Tool? I checked and I have Collective Action + Demo and Well Rounded + Incandescent, according to DIM the first one is a god roll.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
ok thats 7 games in a row with no new map.

you think they'd weigh them higher...

8 now.

it took 10. :|

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So the post was true, got a red border from Avalon, nice! Hope from these daily red borders I will also get the cards I am missing from Season of the Witch

Is that any good? I thought the best solar SMG or even among all SMGs is the Calus Mini Tool? I checked and I have Collective Action + Demo and Well Rounded + Incandescent, according to DIM the first one is a god roll.

DIM is probably using the list made by pandapaxxy, which is usually the default list for recommended rolls. But I really dislike the suggestions they make because they're usually wrong. Calus Mini Tool is probably the best solar SMG, because you can have Enhanced Incandescent. But Demolitionist is always a good perk because that just helps you spam grenade more frequently, and nothing else in the third column really stands out.

Collective Action grants you a damage bonus when collecting an elemental pickup, but that only lasts for a short duration and sometimes you just aren't in a good position to go grab that Firesprite. If you're looking for a damage perk, Frenzy is pretty much the best pick, since it activates just by you being in combat (although it's not available here, just comparing it to Collective Action). And you're going to be using this SMG on a solar build, so that means Incandescent is the best pick in the fourth column.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DIM is probably using the list made by pandapaxxy, which is usually the default list for recommended rolls. But I really dislike the suggestions they make because they're usually wrong. Calus Mini Tool is probably the best solar SMG, because you can have Enhanced Incandescent. But Demolitionist is always a good perk because that just helps you spam grenade more frequently, and nothing else in the third column really stands out.

Collective Action grants you a damage bonus when collecting an elemental pickup, but that only lasts for a short duration and sometimes you just aren't in a good position to go grab that Firesprite. If you're looking for a damage perk, Frenzy is pretty much the best pick, since it activates just by you being in combat (although it's not available here, just comparing it to Collective Action). And you're going to be using this SMG on a solar build, so that means Incandescent is the best pick in the fourth column.
Yeah only my Solar titan makes firesprites, struggling to think of how Collective Action is a god roll.

I haven't leaned into Demo that much, maybe I should for Contraverse Hold, maybe it's because I just am spoiled by Sunbracers and for Titan and Hunters, the grenade is just there. Recently I took notice of it not because of the grenade energy it gives, but because it reloads your currently equipped gun if you use your grenade.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I haven't bought a season in a minute so this free seasons thing lined up pretty well with me playing again.

Went thru all the available past season weapons and almost all of it looked like ass lol.

Might just stick to doing the daily red border and "passively" farm what I want that way, Spare Rations aside which I'm trying to convice myself to farm.

Also I got my god roll Luna's which is Range MW-Hammer Forged-Ricochet-Slide shot-Mag Howl (no shiny but whatever) , it's pretty effective in the 3s playlist but idk if id put it with the top tier hcs.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't bought a season in a minute so this free seasons thing lined up pretty well with me playing again.

Went thru all the available past season weapons and almost all of it looked like ass lol.

Might just stick to doing the daily red border and "passively" farm what I want that way, Spare Rations aside which I'm trying to convice myself to farm.

Also I got my god roll Luna's which is Range MW-Hammer Forged-Ricochet-Slide shot-Mag Howl (no shiny but whatever) , it's pretty effective in the 3s playlist.
The current season (dreaming city stuff) has a lot of good stuff (the fusion, trace, linear and the SMG are all really good) the first 3 seasons not much really.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared Oryx via LFG, my quick review:

- Golgoroth: somehow got people who had no idea how to do gaze, and also I am kicking anyone using Pyrogale super for damage. It caused the boss to freak out and we could hardly get any shots in. But apparently this is ok to people???
- Caretaker: People complaining about getting killed by ads, people dying trying to stun, business as usual
- Planets: Oh boy... I have no idea how people even play this game. People constantly dying, somehow, someway. The game gives you infinite ways to survive but somehow... people die. Also ad clear people complaining about.... ads. I don't know, I was stuck here for at least a couple hours. Just awful experience all around.
- Atrax: This encounter is "bugged" in that just finishing within the time doesnt automatically give you plat, so lots of people will be farming checkpoints on LFG for this all week. The encounter itself is very easy and goes very quick, thankfully. Also somehow got someone who neither had Lament or Parasite, so out the door they went. Bye! Pantheon sets the expectation that you come prepared for this - if you do not, you will and deserve to get laughed at.
- Oryx: Couldnt be any easier, jesus whisper eats this guy up. Nothing to really talk about here. Nice to get a simple and easy encounter after all that struggling.

TLDR -10 isnt that bad, but Planets is yet again the gatekeeper for people

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Half the time its "Oh a tornado killed me. I looked at him and he was summoning one, but it never came. Then it killed me."

ffs, its a giant fire tornado. Just get off the plates until someone confirms where it went.

Also, ad clear for some reason going up to the boss for some high fives and to chat about the new Taylor Swift album and then getting one shotted from his stomp.

FYI with Atraks. The Plat score is minimum 500k.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine Whisper being amazing too once the give the Garden of Salvation raid weapons updated perks. 👀

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Half the time its "Oh a tornado killed me. I looked at him and he was summoning one, but it never came. Then it killed me."

ffs, its a giant fire tornado. Just get off the plates until someone confirms where it went.

Also, ad clear for some reason going up to the boss for some high fives and to chat about the new Taylor Swift album and then getting one shotted from his stomp.

FYI with Atraks. The Plat score is minimum 500k.

Does the plat time bonus scale with time left? I had to redo Atraks and seemingly one flooring it was enough to get a plat score but even with Caretaker bugging out, forcing a three floor and less than 20 seconds on the plat time it was a comfortable plat score.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Does the plat time bonus scale with time left? I had to redo Atraks and seemingly one flooring it was enough to get a plat score but even with Caretaker bugging out, forcing a three floor and less than 20 seconds on the plat time it was a comfortable plat score.

Yeah I believe if you one floor Atraks it'll give you plat.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Solar HOIL titan with heal clip activating ember of benevolence feels really good. My bonks can be thrown without having to pick them up.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit. The seasons are free and so is the battle pass. Not playing Destiny 2 for several months really paid off.
I crapped myself yesterday when I saw I had the season pass. I thought I did something wrong and bought it by accident.

Good to know it's actually free for everyone and I'm not actually going mad/stressing out I bought something I never intended too!

Dec 17, 2022
Is it still possible to play Defiant Battleground missions? I want the hunter sword Goldtusk so bad, but the only way to get it is from the War Table at the HELM. I came back after a half year hiatus (since last November) and hate being locked out of missions and weapons.

There's gotta be another way to get that sword.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is it still possible to play Defiant Battleground missions? I want the hunter sword Goldtusk so bad, but the only way to get it is from the War Table at the HELM. I came back after a half year hiatus (since last November) and hate being locked out of missions and weapons.

There's gotta be another way to get that sword.

If you already have access to Season 20, you had over a year to play it, that content never went away.

But you're in luck, in addition to all expansions currently being free until TFS releases, you also have access to all of the Lightfall seasons of content (Seasons 20-23). You can get one red border weapon per day from each seasonal activity, including Defiant Battlegrounds, but unfortunately I have seen reports that the reprised Leviathan weapons (including class swords) are not included, and it's just the seasonal weapons like Regnant or Perpetualis.

Dec 17, 2022
If you already have access to Season 20, you had over a year to play it, that content never went away.

But you're in luck, in addition to all expansions currently being free until TFS releases, you also have access to all of the Lightfall seasons of content (Seasons 20-23). You can get one red border weapon per day from each seasonal activity, including Defiant Battlegrounds, but unfortunately I have seen reports that the reprised Leviathan weapons (including class swords) are not included, and it's just the seasonal weapons like Regnant or Perpetualis.

I'm so out of touch, I don't even know how to access the past season content. I left during season 18 (Plunder). Since I didn't even touch season 19 to present, I think I may be out of luck as I don't see red border weapons at the War Table. No worries… I'll just make it a point to be active, if even a little bit, during my down periods (so I don't miss a season… as I notice I even missed Guardian Games 😩).

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm so out of touch, I don't even know how to access the past season content. I left during season 18 (Plunder). Since I didn't even touch season 19 to present, I think I may be out of luck as I don't see red border weapons at the War Table. No worries… I'll just make it a point to be active, if even a little bit, during my down periods (so I don't miss a season… as I notice I even missed Guardian Games 😩).

Oh you never played Season 20 then? I guess, check the quest Archive Kiosk in either the Tower or the Helm, you might have to pick up the first quest for each season from there(S20's first quest is named Awaken, Queensguard). You might need to do the intro quest to Lightfall first (which is free for everyone) to get it to unlock if you have not done so and do not see Awaken Queensguard anywhere. Once you complete that, then I guess the War Table vendor makes stuff available.

There are links here to claim the previous seasonal passes (I think you can still claim stuff off the free track?):

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
PS version loads so much faster, I can capture to Twitch in 60 fps, chat appears while playing, the PS controller has a mute/unmute button

Well yeah on May 7

It loads for me on Xbox, just have to wait for a few seconds to load
Kinna gonna call this placebo effect unless you installed this on a external hard drive, or heck, maybe even a expansion card. You better not be talking about Tower loading lol.

I say Expansion card because Tekken 8 in char select has the same loading speed as PS5 when installed on internal storage, on both X and S. But expansion card it definitely shows some delay. (I have it on both consoles due to several reasons for locals)

The capture to Twitch tho, yeah.

Mute button? What mute button? I'm looking at my DualSense and I don't see any.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinna gonna call this placebo effect unless you installed this on a external hard drive, or heck, maybe even a expansion card. You better not be talking about Tower loading lol.

I say Expansion card because Tekken 8 in char select has the same loading speed as PS5 when installed on internal storage, on both X and S. But expansion card it definitely shows some delay. (I have it on both consoles due to several reasons for locals)

The capture to Twitch tho, yeah.

Mute button? What mute button? I'm looking at my DualSense and I don't see any.
Not placebo, I play almost exclusively on my Xbox because I have all the expansions there, it definitely loads faster on PS5. I guess I didn't say it's the initial loading of the game lol, connecting to servers, verifying content. Other in-game stuff I'll agree I don't notice anything different.

I only also discovered the mute button recently lol I wanna say a week or two ago? Right below the sticks there is an orange light and below that is the mute button, if it glows orange it's muted 😁

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Not placebo, I play almost exclusively on my Xbox because I have all the expansions there, it definitely loads faster on PS5. I guess I didn't say it's the initial loading of the game lol, connecting to servers, verifying content. Other in-game stuff I'll agree I don't notice anything different.

I only also discovered the mute button recently lol I wanna say a week or two ago? Right below the sticks there is an orange light and below that is the mute button, if it glows orange it's muted 😁
Uninstall all the add-ons for Destiny 2 on Xbox, you don't need them (the licensing works without those installed) and it impacts that initial sign in load time.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Is it in the internal Storage?

Edit: what Steelyuhas said too, i need to do that D:

LOL WHAT? THATS A BUTTON? Mindblown.

Dec 17, 2022
Oh you never played Season 20 then? I guess, check the quest Archive Kiosk in either the Tower or the Helm, you might have to pick up the first quest for each season from there(S20's first quest is named Awaken, Queensguard). You might need to do the intro quest to Lightfall first (which is free for everyone) to get it to unlock if you have not done so and do not see Awaken Queensguard anywhere. Once you complete that, then I guess the War Table vendor makes stuff available.

There are links here to claim the previous seasonal passes (I think you can still claim stuff off the free track?):

Thanks so much for the help… I discovered the problem: I held off going to Neptune while waiting for my old fireteam buddy to join me (since Lightfall became free on PSN this Tuesday). So I unknowingly gated myself off from season 20 and later content… doh! As soon as I went there and began the campaign, the Awaken Queensgaurd and issues cleared up.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, now that the seasons are free, what weapons from Witch and Wish should I keep an eye out for? I'm not a heavy grinder. I usually don't even try to get the patterns for most guns. If I can get just 1 or 2 copies of a gun with decent rolls, I'm usually satisfied.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, now that the seasons are free, what weapons from Witch and Wish should I keep an eye out for? I'm not a heavy grinder. I usually don't even try to get the patterns for most guns. If I can get just 1 or 2 copies of a gun with decent rolls, I'm usually satisfied.
From Witch I think it's The Eremite, Brya's Love, and the Strand rocket launcher

Wish definitely Doomed Petitioner and Scatter Signal, in that order

You can get four guaranteed red borders daily, one each for each season if you do the following activities:

Defiance - Defiant Battlegrounds, Avalon
Deep - Salvage, Deep Dives
Witch - Altars of Summoning, Savathun's Spire
Wish - Riven's Lair, The Coil, Starcrossed

If you are blessed you can get additional red borders on some chests, like how I got two red Superclusters yesterday in one chest

Uninstall all the add-ons for Destiny 2 on Xbox, you don't need them (the licensing works without those installed) and it impacts that initial sign in load time.
Oh I will try that out, thank you!

Is it in the internal Storage?

Edit: what Steelyuhas said too, i need to do that D:

LOL WHAT? THATS A BUTTON? Mindblown.
Yeah it's a game changer. No more "Who's fan is that?" Lol

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Played about half hour of PVP, I dont think it could be in a worse state... now that people don't use special, its just people waiting in the back with scout/pulses even more waiting for their special ammo, and nobody is using snipers due to how scarce green is now, so it is even more shotguns

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Got me a god roll Shiny PvP midnight Coup, Bungie rewarding me for trudging through onslaught farming.

Wasn't even going for it too, I was fishing for a Mountaintop while working on the brave unlocks.

Jun 9, 2023
I love the totally not scripted and totally really real gamer talk in the Hunter one where someone tells the adds to, and I quote...

"Taste the rainbow"

....as they use their variety of subclass abilities. My eyes did multiple revolutions in my skull they rolled so hard.

This type of thing has always been ridiculous. Like, literally no one talks like that. My fav one of these was the reveal "Gameplay" for the first Division game. All of the people in the group talking like they're in a cutscene or something. The fact that this thing keeps happening is just so comical to me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
If it was indicative of how gamers actually speak, it wouldn't be about the gameplay at all. Probably about Mara Sav's butt.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything in Into the Light that would be considered mandatory to do before final shape? Not story content but more exotics, weapons, etc

Kinda fell off around the end of Season of the Wish, but don't know if I need to play this content or I can safely skip it and can just start Final Shape

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is there anything in Into the Light that would be considered mandatory to do before final shape? Not story content but more exotics, weapons, etc

Kinda fell off around the end of Season of the Wish, but don't know if I need to play this content or I can safely skip it and can just start Final Shape

Brave Arsenal weapons are pretty amazing. Edge Transit with Envious Assassin/Bait & Switch is a meta weapon. The Mountaintop with ALH/Recombination is great for deleting champs/elites/majors. Midnight Coup has rolls that make it a great all rounder workhorse. Plus, all of the Brave weapon perks can be enhanced once TFS releases.

And I don't know if you did any of them, but Riven's Wishes (post season quests) can reward you with Lightfall exotics (good if you don't have them all) or red border weapons for Last Wish raid weapons (so you can craft Apex Predator or something else if you haven't done so already).

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I love the totally not scripted and totally really real gamer talk in the Hunter one where someone tells the adds to, and I quote...

"Taste the rainbow"

....as they use their variety of subclass abilities. My eyes did multiple revolutions in my skull they rolled so hard.

This type of thing has always been ridiculous. Like, literally no one talks like that. My fav one of these was the reveal "Gameplay" for the first Division game. All of the people in the group talking like they're in a cutscene or something. The fact that this thing keeps happening is just so comical to me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJD8DMasCU

Forever relevant:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zJugWkNhI

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If you listen to the chat, one player goes "haha i fell off the side" and his character is dead for the rest of the video, lol

Experiencing the epic gaming from the death screen

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Bungie.net

The Exotic Class items will be part of a new activity that unlocks after the Raid World First, at the beginning of Week 2. We don't want to spoil what the activity is all about or how to unlock it, but we can say it's farmable, and you will get a guaranteed random roll each time you complete it.

List of possible exotic perks in the article.
Hunter getting Galanor (Hits and final blows with your Super will return Super energy after it ends. )/Star Eaters (While your Super energy is full, picking up an Orb of Power overcharges your Super, granting it bonus damage. ) is amazing.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
that prismatic crucible gameplay looks toxic as hell. just spamming abilities of several different elements does not look fun at all. pve should be a great time for campaign/patrols, but i have a feeling prime element builds will still be better for dps/endgame

Jun 9, 2023
The Exotic Class items will be part of a new activity that unlocks after the Raid World First, at the beginning of Week 2.
Preservation flashbacks intensifying. If this one singular source is going to be used constantly I reeeeaally hope it's something more fun and with some variety.

---Edit---

Also, just to double check, has Bungle actually said officially that these new Exotic Class Items can be used while using another normal Exotic Armor piece? Like, do they have something like 'The Life Exotic' perk the ones in D1 had, where it let you wear them at the same time as another Exotic. I can't seem to remember them actually saying they will work like that, and given that they only work while you have Prismatic equipped, I could see them trying to limit them. Did I miss this, or do they only work by themselves?

Last edited:

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
"When The Final Shape launches on June 4, the campaigns for Shadowkeep and Beyond Light along with the Stasis subclass will remain available to all players at no additional cost."

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/twid-05-09-2024

Note, this is strictly the campaigns and not the raids/dungeons/etc associated with the expansions. Those will only be available by purchasing the 2024 Legacy Collection, which includes the Shadowkeep and Beyond Light packs.

image.png

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Note, this is strictly the campaigns and not the raids/dungeons/etc associated with the expansions. Those will only be available by purchasing the 2024 Legacy Collection, which includes the Shadowkeep and Beyond Light packs.

image.png
One step forward, two steps back. Free-to-play players finally getting campaign content to play again is a good thing, but splitting things into paid packs is just needlessly complicated. Just make it all free Bungie.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Good change, now they just need a "complete" edition where someone can buy all content for one price to make it less confusing.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
When are we going to get true gamer talk moment, guy just ripping his vape ever 5 minutes and probably doesn't realise his PS5 control has a built-in mic.

"When The Final Shape launches on June 4, the campaigns for Shadowkeep and Beyond Light along with the Stasis subclass will remain available to all players at no additional cost."

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/twid-05-09-2024
Was wondering how they were going to handle the subclasses that you need to pay to access, as it is just kinda super inconvenient before you had stuff like Prismatic, but Prismatic highlights it even more. They should give people the Strand side for free too, maybe just for use in Prismatic as they can't really unlock Strand without finishing the Lightfall campaign and they probably won't give it out for free until a year or 2. Could give players a teaser for it so they go get the full thing eventually if the money people need a reason.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I can imagine Whisper being amazing too once the give the Garden of Salvation raid weapons updated perks. 👀
it really would have been the perfect season for them to reprise those weapons/raid
with the black garden mission and everything
but honestly they need to rebalance some of that raid, it is the worst raid in the game imo

Oct 27, 2017
Good change, now they just need a "complete" edition where someone can buy all content for one price to make it less confusing.
Next sentence:

Once The Final Shape is live, we'll also launch a new pack called the Destiny 2: Legacy Collection 2024. This pack will give you access to some of the best content Destiny has to offer:

Destiny 2: Lightfall
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
Destiny 2: Beyond Light Pack
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Pack
Destiny 2: Forsaken Pack

So all legacy content, in one bundle. Only the dungeon keys are missing.