Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Edge Transit with Envious Assassin/Bait & Switch is a meta weapon.
It is? I thought Deconstruct is the play? I have a B&S with Impulse Amp, the Deconstruct one goes crazy.

Next sentence:
So all legacy content, in one bundle. Only the dungeon keys are missing.
Dungeon keys are 20 for two(Spire/Dual and Ghosts/Warlord) and some of the best content in the game. Always pains me when a friend doesn't have a dungeon key.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It is? I thought Deconstruct is the play? I have a B&S with Impulse Amp, the Deconstruct one goes crazy.

Dungeon keys are 20 for two(Spire/Dual and Ghosts/Warlord) and some of the best content in the game. Always pains me when a friend doesn't have the dungeon key.

Deconstruct wins for overall total DPS, but not all bosses have damage phases that last long enough for you to dump all your ammo. Bait & Switch is ideal for the majority of boss damage phases. I have both rolls, though. ALH/Deconstruct is great for Onslaught waves because of the ammo economy, but for bosses I will swap to Envious/B&S.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Deconstruct wins for overall total DPS, but not all bosses have damage phases that last long enough for you to dump all your ammo. Bait & Switch is ideal for the majority of boss damage phases. I have both rolls, though. ALH/Deconstruct is great for Onslaught waves because of the ammo economy, but for bosses I will swap to Envious/B&S.
I will try to use my B&S to check if it's good as well. I feel like the reload is quick enough that I can forego not having a reload perk. My main issue with Edge Transit and GLs in particular is my teammates seem to love blocking me on boss dps and I end up dead because of that lol.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I will try to use my B&S to check if it's good as well. I feel like the reload is quick enough that I can forego not having a reload perk. My main issue with Edge Transit and GLs in particular is my teammates seem to love blocking me on boss dps and I end up dead because of that lol.

GM_V8oMaQAAQ94V.webp

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Next sentence:

So all legacy content, in one bundle. Only the dungeon keys are missing.

I see, I just read the quotes here, not the actual update. It's a step in the right direction for new players that hopefully results in less confusion on what to buy. It'd be nice if there was a version of the final shape that included everything before it though.

The dungeons not being included must be for some silver related reason.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the new maps and first impressions is they are pretty good, but it's very easy to spawn loop the other team in any sort of respawn mode (6v6 would be better I guess, but probably pretty big clusterfucks).

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I completely forgot that artifice armor was changed to make it so it has a second stat slot. What's a good dungeon to farm artifice armor? I'm thinking maybe first boss of warlords ruin to farm that and indebted kindness? Or should I try to farm the second encounter for an artifice class piece.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Got the shiny auto loading - recombination Mountaintop with all the good accoutrements, it also rolled demo-ad junkie which is also cool.

Having some nice shiny luck compared to the friend I play with who doesnt even have a decent shiny and has farmed way more than me who's barely doing enough to get superblack lol.

2 seconds after typing this I got another shiny Midnight Coup with explosive payload/firefly - kinetic tremors which I wanted for pve but wasn't gonna farm, this must be rngesus paying me back for all the times he did me dirty.

Last edited:

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got the shiny auto loading - recombination Mountaintop with all the good accoutrements, it also rolled demo-ad junkie which is also cool.

Having some nice shiny luck compared to the friend I play with who doesnt even have a decent shiny and has farmed way more than me who's barely doing enough to get superblack lol.

2 seconds after typing this I got another shiny Midnight Coup with explosive payload/firefly - kinetic tremors which I wanted for pve but wasn't gonna farm, this must be rngesus paying me back for all the times he did me dirty.

170+ drops focusing mainly on these 2 weapons and still searching for these rolls.

Save me RNG, save me from yourself lol

Edit: I clearly blew all my luck getting an envious assassin / bait and switch as my third grenade launcher lol

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I've never died this much since re-equipping a heavy nade launcher. Forgot what it felt like. Not only teammates, but my dumbass trying to kill an enemy who's standing too close is also a destroyer of runs lol.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
170+ drops focusing mainly on these 2 weapons and still searching for these rolls.

Save me RNG, save me from yourself lol

Edit: I clearly blew all my luck getting an envious assassin / bait and switch as my third grenade launcher lol
Sheesh I could never farm like that, I only need 2 more shaxx levels to get superblack and I'm already dreading going in to onslaught again.

I settled for getting the rolls I want on the base weapons so every shiny I get is an extra.

The only thing giving me pause is that I don't know what enhanced Magnificent Howl will provide and the fact I might miss out on it is haunting me.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Lookin for some input here and if anyone else is feeling this way about d2 atm.

Here's my dilemma, I've taken some seasons off but dipped into onslaught a little, I just don't feel the drive to grind out most of this stuff even if it's really good. Like, final shape could be incredible, but after that what is really left? I'm sure prismatic and the exotic combos will be a blast but it feels like there won't be any forward impetus anymore or something?

I want to want to play more destiny again, but for some reason it's all started to feel pointless as we wrap up this chapter of the game. Maybe if we had confirmation that a 3rd game was a few years out I could invest without being overly invested. Anyone else feel this way?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just wait until they make Final Shape free. All it took was years to finally get everything free. "Glad I waited" you will say

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got myself an ALH/Recombination mountaintop, but it has high velocity/implosion rounds instead of spike grenades.

Is it a big damage loss not having spike grenades? Or should I move on to a different weapon to start trying to roll for?

Not sure what to go for next, was thinking either forbearance edge transit (have an impulse amplifier/exploding light roll though which is good enough so far), or maybe hammerhead?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got myself an ALH/Recombination mountaintop, but it has high velocity/implosion rounds instead of spike grenades.

Is it a big damage loss not having spike grenades? Or should I move on to a different weapon to start trying to roll for?

Not sure what to go for next, was thinking either forbearance edge transit (have an impulse amplifier/exploding light roll though which is good enough so far), or maybe hammerhead?
I think Implosion does a bit more damage on Mountaintop than Spike due to lowering it's Blast Radius.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Note, this is strictly the campaigns and not the raids/dungeons/etc associated with the expansions. Those will only be available by purchasing the 2024 Legacy Collection, which includes the Shadowkeep and Beyond Light packs.

image.png

All-time low according to Deku Deals is $3.99 for the Forsaken Pack

If blast radius is 85-90, you'll do more than Spike I believe

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish people would just flat out say they don't know how a dungeon works, can't count the times I'm in Ghosts and someone goes under for the runes with me and without me after all runes have been done, or just getting lost at what's happening on Simmumah.

I absolutely love Ghosts now. The water section is actually quite a breeze when you figure out the route.

Lookin for some input here and if anyone else is feeling this way about d2 atm.

Here's my dilemma, I've taken some seasons off but dipped into onslaught a little, I just don't feel the drive to grind out most of this stuff even if it's really good. Like, final shape could be incredible, but after that what is really left? I'm sure prismatic and the exotic combos will be a blast but it feels like there won't be any forward impetus anymore or something?

I want to want to play more destiny again, but for some reason it's all started to feel pointless as we wrap up this chapter of the game. Maybe if we had confirmation that a 3rd game was a few years out I could invest without being overly invested. Anyone else feel this way?
Don't grind. I personally did not grind Onslaught, I went for the bounties and just did my thing(usually dungeons) and Shaxx's rep went out.

Also this is the last time D2 will probably have a good population up until Bungie releases or teases D3, so there's honestly no better time than now to keep playing.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
If enhancing works like with adept weapons, you can change the first two columns later anyway.

But either way it's a difference of maybe 1% damage now.

Jun 9, 2023
Why did you masterwork it?
It was my 2nd drop, and my first with Recomb, so I just MW'd it to use for a bit. Then, a couple days later, we come to find out the whole Spike vs Implosion thing, and I realize that I was on the losing end of the MW lottery. Still my only ALH/Recomb one since. I've got just about every other combo that I'm just keeping until TFS and the Enhancement happens. Who knows, maybe Bungle will allow adjustments while Enhancing, maybe it will bug out and let us change things, whatever. I'll sort it out later and just keep one.

kJq8sHf.png

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
In one weekend, I've gotten Navigator to drop after doing Ghosts of the Deep solo... and then Buried Bloodline drops after a master Warlord's Ruin... and then Conditional Finality drops after I show a few clanmates and randos how to do RoN.

I think I've used up all my luck, but this has been a great weekend.

edit a few hours later: then I do a Crota run and get the jackpot essence drop. Maybe now I'm finally out of luck. Still no heal clip/incandescent luna's.

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Completed the Starcrossed exotic mission. Didn't like it at all. It was tedious as hell. Didn't help that Taken Phalanxes are my least favorite enemy in the game and they are big part of the mission. Black Garden is still a beautiful destination though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Losing hope on getting a good headseeker Blast Furnace, over 20 so far and only 1 with headseeker, but second perk was Firefly so not really for PvP (though with how much people bunch up nowadays could be kinda fun if they are being extra annoying), maybe if Pulse are ever not cheeks in PvE could be something.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the Starcrossed exotic mission. Didn't like it at all. It was tedious as hell. Didn't help that Taken Phalanxes are my least favorite enemy in the game and they are big part of the mission. Black Garden is still a beautiful destination though.

I actually just did it for the first time this week too and thought it was one of the better exotic missions they've done. The only thing I didn't like is how much health the phalanxes had.

Dec 17, 2022
Are there any Era centric Clans here? I've been part of clans in the past but I never really worked with or communicate with people from them because I'm just not very chatty, and no one (that I know of) is on Era.
  • I've never done raids but would like to
  • I never PvP since I'm bad at it
  • Never completed a dungeon since I'm usually solo (even Avarice was too much for me)
  • Those things said, I at least make a conscious effort to try beefing up my Hunter with Nightfalls and studying builds
  • I'm on consistently (PSN), but I never use mic
So ummm… any teams willing to adopt a stray?
My handle is "Bushy-Doe"

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Are there any Era centric Clans here? I've been part of clans in the past but I never really worked with or communicate with people from them because I'm just not very chatty, and no one (that I know of) is on Era.
  • Never completed a dungeon since I'm usually solo (even Avarice was too much for me)
  • Those things said, I at least make a conscious effort to try beefing up my Hunter with Nightfalls and studying builds
My handle is "Bushy-Doe"

What time zone do you play in? If you play around the time I do (I'm usually on around 9-930pm PDT), I would be happy to help you run a dungeon or nightfall and with your build as well.

Dec 17, 2022
What time zone do you play in? If you play around the time I do (I'm usually on around 9-930pm PDT), I would be happy to help you run a dungeon or nightfall and with your build as well.

I'm EST, so the 3 hour difference may be an issue. I have a friend in San Fran I attempted to play with and the hour difference always creates a problem where I miss him or he just misses me lol.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm EST, so the 3 hour difference may be an issue. I have a friend in San Fran I attempted to play with and the hour difference always creates a problem where I miss him or he just misses me lol.

Well if you're ever on late just hit me up. As far as builds go, you can check out these and read up on how they work to get some ideas:

mobalytics.gg

The Best Hunter Builds - Destiny 2

Looking for the most broken and fun builds in Destiny 2? We've got you covered! Explore best and newest meta builds for Hunter at Mobalytics!

Dec 17, 2022
Well if you're ever on late just hit me up. As far as builds go, you can check out these and read up on how they work to get some ideas:

mobalytics.gg

The Best Hunter Builds - Destiny 2

Looking for the most broken and fun builds in Destiny 2? We've got you covered! Explore best and newest meta builds for Hunter at Mobalytics!

Will do! Let me know what your Bungie name is on there and I'll add you. I'll send an IM with mine.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
My handle is "Bushy-Doe"

Cornbread78 can we adopt someone new?

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Got my seasonal pass high enough over the weekend to get the last few harmonizes I needed to be able to craft myself a BXR and a Scatter Signal (yeah I could have just waited but I'm impatient).

Also I was doing some vanguard ops to try to get my Monte Carlo catalyst for Banner of War, and instead I FINALLY got my Hard Light catalyst!!!

I don't use the gun much anymore since match game died, but I used to rock the shit out of it, especially in zero hour with the different shields in each section.

Hopefully they do something for that, dead messenger, and borealis to make them more relevant soon.

For Monte Carlo's catalyst, would it be better to do regular vanguard Ops, or the heroic nightfall? Not sure if it needs to be nightfall or not for it to drop.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Are you me? Like to a tee (except I'm warlock + xbox). I really want to run through the dungeons that I've bought access to, but intimidated.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my seasonal pass high enough over the weekend to get the last few harmonizes I needed to be able to craft myself a BXR and a Scatter Signal (yeah I could have just waited but I'm impatient).

Also I was doing some vanguard ops to try to get my Monte Carlo catalyst for Banner of War, and instead I FINALLY got my Hard Light catalyst!!!

I don't use the gun much anymore since match game died, but I used to rock the shit out of it, especially in zero hour with the different shields in each section.

Hopefully they do something for that, dead messenger, and borealis to make them more relevant soon.

For Monte Carlo's catalyst, would it be better to do regular vanguard Ops, or the heroic nightfall? Not sure if it needs to be nightfall or not for it to drop.
Any playlist can drop the catalyst, and I don't think difficulty affects droprate (that means, crucible, gambit, and vanguard, which includes both the random strikes and the nightfall)

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
so i've been playing quite a bit these past few weeks since Into the Light dropped. hadn't been on in over a year. having a pretty good time with it, excited for the next expansion. here are my thoughts after 155 levels worth of playtime:

the seasonal activities are hit or miss and that's to be expected. i'd rather they try something different than just give us "strikes but with a slight twist"
onslaught is great it just feels a bit too long for 50 rounds and 10 rounds is too short. i think maybe boss every 5 rounds would be better and then maybe 7 boss fights for max rewards.
seasonal artifact is great, if anything i'd like to see it be bigger and more complex. i much prefer this method for seasonal power growth than having to infuse things into the gear i like to use.
i love weapon crafting and having to level up the weapon to unlock more perks. seeing my weapon grow alongside me feels amazing.
special "shiny" versions of weapons with multiple perks, and a special shader is a lovely loot chase. would love it if getting a shiny drop gave you an ornament for that weapon. another option would be for the "shiny" variants to drop with enhanced perks. and then being able to focus which weapon you want to get is a huge QoL feature.
the armor system with mods and savable loadouts and subclass fragments and aspects is the greatest thing destiny has done. i wish it was in the game when it first came out. that being said, just going to Ikora to buy pieces feels meh
too many currencies, glimmer cap is still stupid, 10 engram slots isn't enough or at least having to go directly to a vendor to do some stuff still sucks. like why do i need to load into the tower to talk to Zavalla so he can just tell me good job, now go to this other place and talk to them? also picking up bounties is so 2014.
every other game just has available daily challenges that i can work on and i dont have to worry about not having enough space to do some.
love the seasonal vendor engrams saving up and using multiples to focus specific gear
would love to see previous season gear get put into the world loot pool once those seasons are not available anymore or at least moved someplace where you can still get them.
fashion is the real end game in Destiny and the shader and armor ornament system works great for me. i wish ships and maybe sparrows offered up some more utility though.
Dungeons have all been great, closest thing i've been able to get to raids since i just play with 2 other people and trying to get others together for a raid has been impossible.