Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
This video taught me that Anti-Barrier rounds go right through a Hydra shield. Also that I've never really considered the math at all. I just like the guns that feel good.
Go through Cabal shields and Hobgoblin's Immunity shield too. They are so good, especially so on Recluse. I wonder what weapons they are for next season (assuming they come back) an anti-barrier shotgun/sniper could be pretty fun.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Got the last EP armor, so I completed whatever that collection badge is called. Closing in on wayfarer, but it's still 2-3 weeks of timegating away.

Decided Blade Barrage is the play in comp now for a hunter. Roamers got nerfed so BB gets better by relativity. Seeing a lot of them. You can use them offensively or as a shutdown too.

Masterworking some armor, 3/5 so far. Since I'm on a sniping kick, Defacto void set looks like the first to get MW'd. I also like scouts so it works. Not even to mention hand cannons. Those lower cooldowns and more perks help in Comp, that suddenly I'm on a big kick of (sucks I chose when my TV is out to go on that kick but whatever I guess).

For an exotic, I've defaulted to wormhusk crown. None of the others seemed to give me much mileage. Gwisin Vest and Assassins cowl arent really worth shit, if you think otherwise your opinion is wrong. Spectral is not a very good super, it's just so so short, and squishy. I got a nice 60 stats void Crown (So I can put enhanced sniper targeting) just at the right time too. I mean it literally was so bad I was running no exotic, so I might as well get SOME exotic benefit from Crown than nothing. I used to run stompees a lot but TBH I dont know if it makes a difference for me, I just ran it because the badasses did. Plus I figure traction boots give a lot of the same benefit, but on a legendary.

It feels good slowly building up my err, build from scratch in 2.0 back to more like what it was in 1.0.

Oh I've been running Luna in comp with Revoker too. If you cant beat em, join em I guess. Pulses just kill so slow.

Last edited:

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I bought Shadowkeep on PS4 but have been mostly playing on PC lately. I was thinking about double dipping. I saw there were two prices though, and the more expensive one has the four season passes attached. I have the season passes on PS4 and can claim all the level rewards on PC, so can I get away with getting the cheaper version? Or will it somehow lock me out of stuff later down the line?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I bought Shadowkeep on PS4 but have been mostly playing on PC lately. I was thinking about double dipping. I saw there were two prices though, and the more expensive one has the four season passes attached. I have the season passes on PS4 and can claim all the level rewards on PC, so can I get away with getting the cheaper version? Or will it somehow lock me out of stuff later down the line?
Season passes are cross buy anyway. Buy the cheaper one.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Got the last EP armor, so I completed whatever that collection badge is called. Closing in on wayfarer, but it's still 2-3 weeks of timegating away.

Decided Blade Barrage is the play in comp now for a hunter. Roamers got nerfed so BB gets better by relativity. Seeing a lot of them. You can use them offensively or as a shutdown too.

Masterworking some armor, 3/5 so far. Since I'm on a sniping kick, Defacto void set looks like the first to get MW'd. I also like scouts so it works. Not even to mention hand cannons. Those lower cooldowns and more perks help in Comp, that suddenly I'm on a big kick of (sucks I chose when my TV is out to go on that kick but whatever I guess).

For an exotic, I've defaulted to wormhusk crown. None of the others seemed to give me much mileage. Gwisin Vest and Assassins cowl arent really worth shit, if you think otherwise your opinion is wrong. Spectral is not a very good super, it's just so so short, and squishy. I got a nice 60 stats void Crown (So I can put enhanced sniper targeting) just at the right time too. I mean it literally was so bad I was running no exotic, so I might as well get SOME exotic benefit from Crown than nothing. I used to run stompees a lot but TBH I dont know if it makes a difference for me, I just ran it because the badasses did. Plus I figure traction boots give a lot of the same benefit, but on a legendary.

It feels good slowly building up my err, build from scratch in 2.0 back to more like what it was in 1.0.

Oh I've been running Luna in comp with Revoker too. If you cant beat em, join em I guess. Pulses just kill so slow.
The 540 Pulses seem really good now, I prefer them over 390s in the current meta. Using a okay Claw of The Wolf in IB and when you get people in it's range it just shreds them, instead of leaving them 1 shot like 390s seem to always do now. Really wanted one with Kill Clip, because I think it'd be amazing, but CBA grinding Iron Banner.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Hey y'all.

Is there a right time to open my season pass engrams? I'm at 958, and I still haven't touched Nightfall missions or the raid. It seems that even the legendary engrams cap out at 950 - is that so?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The 540 Pulses seem really good now, I prefer them over 390s in the current meta. Using a okay Claw of The Wolf in IB and when you get people in it's range it just shreds them, instead of leaving them 1 shot like 390s seem to always do now. Really wanted one with Kill Clip, because I think it'd be amazing, but CBA grinding Iron Banner.

Are you on PC? You almost never see 540's on console TBH.

I can say that 7crit 2 body ttk aint gonna happen much on console...

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Are you on PC? You almost never see 540's on console TBH.

I can say that 7crit 2 body ttk aint gonna happen much on console...
PS4. It has like nearly zero recoil and with Arrowhead the little it has is very control. 7 crits isn't really a problem for it. Why I want kill clip, have 1 with headseeeker, but barely take advantage of the perk.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hey y'all.

Is there a right time to open my season pass engrams? I'm at 958, and I still haven't touched Nightfall missions or the raid. It seems that even the legendary engrams cap out at 950 - is that so?
950 is the hard cap, but if you are there already hold on to them. The pass levels with you, so when you start doing stuff the reward Pinnacle Gear rewards (+2 on you base level) you can use the Battle Pass to help. Not sure if the engrams scale like the armour pieces do though, but worth waiting to see.
Like today I was able to pull the last 2 952 armor pieces I needed and increase my base to 953, so next week those activites will award me 955 stuff, instead of 954.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Spectral is not a very good super, it's just so so short, and squishy.

This is just patently false on so many levels; Spectral is the tankiest super currently in the game, and is the longest lasting. It also has an AoE hitbox that can kill from above/below the player.

How can you be so wrong on so many levels?

Lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Alternative answer to the recluse problem.
Retire it. Remove it from the game. Give the people that already have it a shiny emblem or something and call it a day.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Insert "Don't believe his lies" pic.

Crucible talk here always yield some funny results :s

Speaking of crucible i've been flip flopping between farming sniper kills for revoker in qp and lunas howl kills in legend comp cuz my stupid ass forgot to equip while climbing.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This is just patently false on so many levels; Spectral is the tankiest super currently in the game, and is the longest lasting. It also has an AoE hitbox that can kill from above/below the player.

How can you be so wrong on so many levels?

Lol.

if it was so good it would be used everywhere like fist was. it isn't.

Oh boy an AOE hitbox, like every single other super ever made.

It isn't tankiest either stop saying that. It's tied with like every roamers that all have the same damage resistance.

It's probably the best of the weakest in game hunter roamers, I give you that. Arcstrider might even be better TBH. And you can literally walk away from arcstrider.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I just hit Mythic III for the first time ever on Comp. Oh Boy...

1bsp15.jpg

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Who is getting it on Stadia?

i would when the free version (of stadia) comes out. why not? of course not sure how all the pay/not pay crap works just like i'm not sure on pc.

tbh there just isnt a whole lot of point to additional platforms for me, but it'd be fun to play it on my ipad for giggles or something (is that even gonna be a thing? guessing no because Apple)

Edit: I wonder of it will be very low playerbase at least initially as well being an issue matchmaking etc.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
if it was so good it would be used everywhere like fist was. it isn't.

So, let's just be clear here: you think a super that has Wallhacks built-in, the highest damage resistance (and, yes, Shark, this is a *fact*), an AoE hitbox for its melee registration, and the longest run time isn't a good super?

Just checking.

Oh boy an AOE hitbox, like every single other super ever made.

For a guy who plays a lot of Crucible apparently, you really don't notice a bunch, do you?

Striker light attack isn't AoE, nor is sentinel shields, or Golden Gun shots, etc.

Spectral has one of the most, if not *the* most, forgiving melee hitboxes in the game.

It isn't tankiest either stop saying that. It's tied with like every roamers that all have the same damage resistance.

I've linked you the TWAB before proving that it is. Spectral while invisible has 62% damage reduction. It *is* the tankiest super.

Saying it isn't doesn't make it so.

Oct 28, 2017
So, let's just be clear here: you think a super that has Wallhacks built-in, the highest damage resistance (and, yes, Shark, this is a *fact*), an AoE hitbox for its melee registration, and the longest run time isn't a good super?

Just checking.

For a guy who plays a lot of Crucible apparently, you really don't notice a bunch, do you?

Striker light attack isn't AoE, nor is sentinel shields, or Golden Gun shots, etc.

Spectral has one of the most, if not *the* most, forgiving melee hitboxes in the game.

I've linked you the TWAB before proving that it is. Spectral while invisible has 62% damage reduction. It *is* the tankiest super.

Doesn't he also think the recluse is a weak weapon?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT MYTHIC 3 IS SWEATY AS ALL FUCK!

Literally every single round I've played is 3-3 down to the last 2 players overtime.

Why didn't yall warm me!?

Oct 25, 2017
One round (not match, round) of Gambit and I got two One Man Army medals. Now I'm just Titan and Hunter Ancient Apocalypse gear away from Dredgen.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry bungie, these shader quest are fucking awful.

Stop.
It's worse than the weapons imo. Did the kill other players in Gambit one, then saw you now have to kill 600 challenging Taken, just turned the game off. I'm actually considering going into Reckoning to farm up a armour set. Reckoning is like the only thing worse than Gambit.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Just checking.

Dont try to understand him, hes delusional.

Oct 25, 2017
Just the Ordeal NF. The normal NF are completely pointless if you have their exclusive drop already (which can drop in the Ordeal version too), unless I'm missing something, they don't even have the positive modifiers for Vanguard quest grinding anymore, just the negative ones.

Yea i noticed this recently when i was trying to do exactly that LOL

Had to wait for days when Heavyweight was up in the strike playlist to finish the MachineGun

🤦‍♂️

fdst1983

Aug 26, 2018
Is there anyone, who can help me doing the 9 branch, in the Forrest for the pinnacle, before the reset? Need two players.

Add me psnID: fdst1983

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
It's worse than the weapons imo. Did the kill other players in Gambit one, then saw you now have to kill 600 challenging Taken, just turned the game off. I'm actually considering going into Reckoning to farm up a armour set. Reckoning is like the only thing worse than Gambit.
I think that one scores depending on just how "challenging" the Taken are, i.e. Enovys and Primevils aren't just "1 kill". Like I wasn't really going out of my way to finish that one, and had it knocked out in about 2-3 days, with very casual gambit play (like 1-2 hours at most per session).

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and finally created a Hunter. Which are the main exotics I should be looking out for first for Hunters? Like, when Xur comes each week, which of the armor pieces should I grab? I will probably grab all of them since I dont have any yet lol, but still curious which are the better ones to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.