• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Has SE commented lately on the issues still plaguing the game, at least on the Western side?
Aside from tweets mentioning the game and sponsoring some tournaments what are they really doing to make it easier for people to play this game at home? (Hell from what I've read, tournaments hosting this game has more issues than others. )
Yuna will probably get people back, but it's hard for anyone to just pick up the game start playing unless your part of a community and even then your still dealing with the games connection issues.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Yea they really haven't done much to make the game experience much better since launch.. really wish they'd look into it

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Oh my... This is the first time I see CGI battle scene. It look so good, another masterpiece CG scene by Visual Work

qPG3nGh.gifv

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Been wanting to try this for a while but seeing the complaints made me wait. Grabbed the free version and was happy to see it change to English. Hoping its fun.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Had an urge to pick this up again yesterday and grind out some character levels to unlock more HP attacks.

• Played six online matches - half of them had only me and 5 bots, the other half had 1 human opponent and 4 bots. Matches all took ~5-7 minutes to find people and another minute or ready/select summon/load in.
  • The new missions were sorely needed, although some are really annoying to pull off multiple times per match.
  • Leviathan's stage still has the screeching sound effect bug.
I still contend that this game would be doing so much better if the netcode wasn't so terrible. Spending over 90% of your time sitting in menus waiting for matchmaking is total ass.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
The game is dead huh. Picked it up during the black friday sale and can't even find a ranked match. :/

Oct 25, 2017
I was finding matches just fine a couple months ago.

Wonder if you can carry your full version data to the free version and easily pop those trophies.
If not, I'm not gonna bother. They're just duplicates. It's the same list minus the plat, and most of the offline trophies and all the A++ trophies.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yuna patch dropped today, she still hasn't hit US PSN for the unlock yet.

Adds two new story cutscenes, one between Golbez and Kam'lanaut where they're monologuing at each other in a very roundabout way that seems to vaguely set up plot for a Spiritus campaign we'll realistically never get.

The other is with Rinoa, Yuna, and Locke. Rinoa's VA is super annoying.

The Landing from FF8 and an arrangement version are now available for Gil in the shop though so that's cool.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Adds two new story cutscenes, one between Golbez and Kam'lanaut where they're monologuing at each other in a very roundabout way that seems to vaguely set up plot for a Spiritus campaign we'll realistically never get.
If it's in story mode then it seems likely NT will get it since Arcade doesn't have story mode. Wasn't NT also suppose to get some exclusive gameplay mode as well

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up a Brawler Edition of the game which just got delivered today. I kind of forgot that this game exists and overlooked it when snapping up games to go with my new PS4 last month but then I stumbled across it while browsing all the games on Amazon and remembered "Oh yeah, this is totally a thing. 3v3 Dissidia." I haven't done much yet, just three or four Gauntlet runthroughs on easier difficulties (the last run I did had a Gold tier difficulty thrown in at the end because I wanted to see how tough it was and how many points I did get for it). Unlocking everything, or hell, even much of anything I actually want, seems like it'll take quite a while. This game sure is different than the PSP games too, and it's making me regret that's I didn't put more time into those two games. And it's making me bummed that we never got a console port of them, some kind of Dissidia HD Collection. Man oh man, would that ever be a good game.
Oh well, though. I'm having fun with the battles in NT I guess. I wish there were more costumes and that the skins and music was easier to unlock.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone see that Snow's out? Is this game 100% dead?

Not 100%, the subreddit is somewhat active and there's a discord to set up premade groups, I've heard.

The most recent patch added two half-decent cutscenes, Snow seems allright although I'm not really interested in leveling him up until I have at least one other character to level up alongside him with core battles.

The news about summon rebalancing sounds like Shiva will no longer be the insta-pick, but now it's between Bahamut and Alexander.

I also read that they're changing the mechanics of how it auto-ranks your roster, although I don't know if it's limited only to the arcade version right now:

Before:
Highest rank -1 except diamond, which requires you to hit Crystal on one character
After:
Highest rank -1, now Adamant ranks everyone up to Diamond, and if you get two of the same role to Crystal, it upgrades everyone of that role to Adamant.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
This game is dead, I think crossplay is a must for this.

They needed to announce a second season pass, with a strong fan base character like Tifa or Zack to promote and generate interest in this dead game.

It's a shame this game had so much potential.

What's happening with SE in late years? Their management is terrible.

/rant ends

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
This game is dead, I think crossplay is a must for this.

They needed to announce a second season pass, with a strong fan base character like Tifa or Zack to promote and generate interest in this dead game.

It's a shame this game had so much potential.

What's happening with SE in late years? Their management is terrible.

/rant ends
They're announcing a new character this month but it's unlikely for them to do another season pass due to more money being available without it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to get the Royal Raiment skin for Noct in the PC version? Also, is it capped at 60?

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the other thread, but found this official one. I've played the game a little bit the last two days and have found myself enjoying it. I played my first online match today, and while it was laggy, it was still playable, and I had fun. Wouldn't mind paying for the standard edition when it goes on sale. For now I'm cool with playing it casually on the free version.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
They're announcing a new character this month but it's unlikely for them to do another season pass due to more money being available without it.

Thank you for the information, good to know.

I hope they can do a revival with this game, but the lack of crossplay really hurts, because this game needs more players.

The launch of the PC version and free edition may be the last chance to create a momentum for this game.

Posted in the other thread, but found this official one. I've played the game a little bit the last two days and have found myself enjoying it. I played my first online match today, and while it was laggy, it was still playable, and I had fun. Wouldn't mind paying for the standard edition when it goes on sale. For now I'm cool with playing it casually on the free version.

This game is actually pretty fun to play casually. Hope you enjoy enought to buy in future.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up buying the standard edition for $30 on PC. I was having too much fun and I wanted to try other characters. What strikes me about the game is that the combat feels really good. There are a few issues I have with it, such as the targeting system, which feels clumsy, but the fluidity and tactical nature are actually pretty impressive.

I was experimenting with Firion and Noctis, and I'm actually really impressed with how the characters handle in general. Even despite being a different system, Noctis feels "familiar" from my time playing with him in XV. Animations are great and are satisfying when an attack connects. It's too bad this fluidity is lost in online play.

Story mode is silly as hell, but the story battles are fun and give a chance to play other characters. I enjoyed playing as Y'shtola as well.

Even though the online is laggy as hell and the player base is shrinking, I don't mind too much, as long as a small group of people continue to play it. I could see myself trying to excel in a character and being more competitive with it.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Not sure what these are like, but I'm hopeful they will announce Ardyn for NT, since we only have one character from 15. And it's a day before the release of Episode Ardyn.

Maybe, maybe not, but I was just thinking it should happen.

He's not in the datamined list of prepped/reserved heroes yet, but it could happen.

Expect
Vivi, Zack, Gilgamesh, Tifa, Laguna, Prishe, or Gabranth.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
He's not in the datamined list of prepped/reserved heroes yet, but it could happen.

Expect
Vivi, Zack, Gilgamesh, Tifa, Laguna, Prishe, or Gabranth.
Some of those are pretty good, though it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't capitalize on Ardyn for the DLC release. Oh well. The first 4 or 5 in the list are the most interesting, and should appease some fans.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Zenos from Final Fantasy XIV just got announced for NT.

Edit: He also is releasing in the Arcade version in 5 minutes.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So is the character supposed to be announced at the streaming and Zenos is a surprise, or HE is the new character?

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
They released a patch for the Steam version, with patch notes saying they have improved the matchmaking. I haven't tried it yet, but some posters said the results are promising so far. I want to give it a go later today.

This is awesome if it works.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
They released a patch for the Steam version, with patch notes saying they have improved the matchmaking. I haven't tried it yet, but some posters said the results are promising so far. I want to give it a go later today.

This is awesome if it works.
just came back from a few matches and tbh its still horrible. 1 match was like 5 fps and atm im at the still "establishing a connection right" screen. Been going on for like 7 min... i aint gonna lose this one match!!!

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Free Edition just got patched to 1.09, no idea if the full game got an update, too. Any idea if matchmaking is improved? It's pretty shocking how long you need to wait to match with somebody - though that could just be because low player count.