• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Geez. I completely forgot the formation option. It never came to me to pick up Death fog either. I like how all bosses can be exploited with status effects / environment.
No real difference then. I will try to fight with the death fog barrels again, just to experience it. The ending was really disappointing to me too.

:O I didn't know about the tea!!
I didn't set up a lot of Source skills either. I thought Source was a pain to obtain, I couldn't be bothered.
The teas are fairly well hidden yeah, but they are absolutely amazing. I guess that's the reason they are hidden, they would trivialize a lot of fights.

Source is actually very easy to obtain actually after you've got the second Source skill. As far as I remember, the game doesn't really explicitly tell you this, but you can leech Source off every dead body in the game, so you can very easily fill your source up again after using it up.

Not that it matters in the final fight, since you have unlimited Source in that battle.

Also, be wary of the Deathfog method. I tried it at first, too, just to see the effects, but Braccus and Dallis are both invulnerable to Deathfog considering they are both undead. So unless you perfectly time and measure the Deathfog fallout (or have a full Undead party), you may end up having to fight both Braccus and Dallis on your own because everybody else died from Deathfog.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
I'm a sports game guy, but my partner is a D&D gal. I bought Divinity: Original Sin on PS4 a couple of years ago, thinking it'd be a neat little couch co-op thing we could do together (I've never played a game like it, and she's not as console-obsessed as I am, so it felt like a good idea).

Over the course of a month or two, we played as much as our jobs would allow, and fell in love with it. I'm no longer just a sports game guy, and she's just bought her own PS4. Winner winner!

Anyway - I bought us the sequel for her birthday (slightly selfishly), and we were really enjoying it initially, but the performance (on PS4 Pro) has really started to ruin our experience.

There's tearing literally the whole time that you move your character - floor textures will flash constantly, switching between e.g. bricks and solid black shapes - and it just runs like a bag of crap.

The fact that this is on the PS4 Pro makes me so angry - I paid the extra $$$ to banish this kind of stuff, and if anything I'm reading that it's WORSE on the Pro.

Does anyone have any tips on how to smooth this stuff out? Does changing the console settings to a lower resolution help? Does switching to a base PS4 help? I'm going to try doing a "rebuild database" this evening.

Is it something the devs are ever going to look at? Looking at the forums, and having tweeted them directly, I'm seeing zero responses. It's really ruining our experience (and I really don't want the answer to be "buy a gaming PC")...
Ive played through the whole game on PS4 Pro and i dont really remember any of the problems you're describing, maybe some tearing here and there but no flashing textures or frame drops except in effect heavy fights.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
The teas are fairly well hidden yeah, but they are absolutely amazing. I guess that's the reason they are hidden, they would trivialize a lot of fights.

Source is actually very easy to obtain actually after you've got the second Source skill. As far as I remember, the game doesn't really explicitly tell you this, but you can leech Source off every dead body in the game, so you can very easily fill your source up again after using it up.

Not that it matters in the final fight, since you have unlimited Source in that battle.

Also, be wary of the Deathfog method. I tried it at first, too, just to see the effects, but Braccus and Dallis are both invulnerable to Deathfog considering they are both undead. So unless you perfectly time and measure the Deathfog fallout (or have a full Undead party), you may end up having to fight both Braccus and Dallis on your own because everybody else died from Deathfog.
Another few things I didn't know. I only drew Source from ghosts.

I'm starting again on Tactician soon with some friends. I'll be sure to try out the tips. :D

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
In act 2, about to head to act 3. Man this game is a lot of fun, though trying to keep four members of the party geared up is tough. Game gives me little in the way of boots it seems.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Another few things I didn't know. I only drew Source from ghosts.

I'm starting again on Tactician soon with some friends. I'll be sure to try out the tips. :D
I accidentally found out about that after I selected Source Vampirism in the third act and saw the random bodies lying around lit up. I felt so stupid, for the entire second act I had spent probably hours going back and forth to that Source Fountain after each fight.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, my copy arrived today. Planning to dive in this evening. Bracing for a curb-stomping as I know this Larian fellow likes to play rough ha ha.

Edit: as someone who played the first game on classic and found it brutally difficult in the beginning but pretty easy by the end should I go tactician or stay on classic? A bit nervous to go tactician...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reven Wolf

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, my copy arrived today. Planning to dive in this evening. Bracing for a curb-stomping as I know this Larian fellow likes to play rough ha ha.

Edit: as someone who played the first game on classic and found it brutally difficult in the beginning but pretty easy by the end should I go tactician or stay on classic? A bit nervous to go tactician...
I feel that tactician is similar to this in that the early game is brutally difficult but it evens out after you get past the early levels and get geared a bit more. If you don't mind the early brutality I personally would recommend tactician, but don't forget that at the end of the day the difficulty should absolutely just be your preference and what you find most fun!

dralla

Oct 27, 2017

The difficulty curve is more balanced this time. You get more abilities and options in the early game which makes it easier than OS1 but the challenge remains consistent until the end, at least in my experience. I played on Classic.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The endgame is bullshit though difficultywise. Lots of bosses who get first round no matter what you do and then have a seemingly unlimited amount of AP to ruin you in the first turn.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I feel that tactician is similar to this in that the early game is brutally difficult but it evens out after you get past the early levels and get geared a bit more. If you don't mind the early brutality I personally would recommend tactician, but don't forget that at the end of the day the difficulty should absolutely just be your preference and what you find most fun!

So, is 'tactician' the new 'classic'? Gonna restart if so...

The difficulty curve is more balanced this time. You get more abilities and options in the early game which makes it easier than OS1 but the challenge remains consistent until the end, at least in my experience. I played on Classic.

Oh if it's easier then I don't think I want that. I liked the brutal difficulty.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
So, is 'tactician' the new 'classic'? Gonna restart if so...

Oh if it's easier then I don't think I want that. I liked the brutal difficulty.
I wouldn't say it's easier since OS1 got really easy towards the end. If OS1 was a 10 in difficulty in the beginning of the game, it tapered off to a 1 in the late game. OS2 would be an 8 in difficulty from start to finish. The game is challenging on classic and certain fights are extremely difficult. I really enjoyed the difficulty on Classic since it provided a challenge without feeling too overwhelming or insurmountable. But if you liked the brutal and punishing difficulty of early game OS1, you might like Tactician.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if torturer works with charmed arrows? I know the tooltip sasys one thing, but I already found statuses that work outside of what the tooltip says...

EDIT: I managed to derp it out. I noticed it only worked with DoT effects (so burning, etc) so I guess it wont work with charmed arrows since the effect doesnt give damage over time.

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't say it's easier since OS1 got really easy towards the end. If OS1 was a 10 in difficulty in the beginning of the game, it tapered off to a 1 in the late game. OS2 would be an 8 in difficulty from start to finish. The game is challenging on classic and certain fights are extremely difficult. I really enjoyed the difficulty on Classic since it provided a challenge without feeling too overwhelming or insurmountable. But if you liked the brutal and punishing difficulty of early game OS1, you might like Tactician.

Yeah I restarted on Tactician so I hope I don't regret it. The game warned me twice so I'm a bit nervous.

Seems good so far. Though I
abandoned everyone on the ship so I hope I can still find some party members. :)

Oct 27, 2017
I took a break for a couple of weeks and I'm planning to play more this weekend, but I noticed something the last few sessions I played. I abuse the heck out of clicking R3 to multi-select inventory for easy management of wares, since it's really laborious otherwise. However, I noticed it's a bit bugged. Invariably, at some point during my play session the toggle will stop working, and is only restored if I reload the game.

If anyone has any tips as to what triggers this or how to prevent it from happening, it would be great.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I took a break for a couple of weeks and I'm planning to play more this weekend, but I noticed something the last few sessions I played. I abuse the heck out of clicking R3 to multi-select inventory for easy management of wares, since it's really laborious otherwise. However, I noticed it's a bit bugged. Invariably, at some point during my play session the toggle will stop working, and is only restored if I reload the game.
If anyone has any tips as to what triggers this or how to prevent it from happening, it would be great.

I think this happened to me on PC as well. There is also a bug where where "send to (character)" stops working completely. This also requires a reboot of the game as well. I'm not entirely sure, but I think I tried to quicksave while doing those actions. Then, on the tail end of the save, it got glitched. I'm not certain though.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the struggle is real. I'm literally going around robbing and murdering as many people as I can trying to get coin, gear and upgrades. I even did the sweet old lady who told me how important it is to have someone to love. She's dead now :(. The only reason I haven't done the old doctor lady is 'cause I know she ain't got nothing. Really suits the story of being stuck and desperate on a concentration camp ha ha. Finally beat those goddam frogs... Jesus.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the struggle is real. I'm literally going around robbing and murdering as many people as I can trying to get coin, gear and upgrades. I even did the sweet old lady who told me how important it is to have someone to love. She's dead now :(. The only reason I haven't done the old doctor lady is 'cause I know she ain't got nothing. Really suits the story of being stuck and desperate on a concentration camp ha ha. Finally beat those goddam frogs... Jesus.
you doing an "evil" playthrough? I noticed throughout the game (especially chapter 2) that there are... many opportunities to be a badmon'. I think there is even a tag associated with it. Im in too deep as a savior right now to change over, but it is very tempting.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
you doing an "evil" playthrough? I noticed throughout the game (especially chapter 2) that there are... many opportunities to be a badmon'. I think there is even a tag associated with it. Im in too deep as a savior right now to change over, but it is very tempting.

Well, I always play the same character in these games and he is neutral evil so I'm generally a bit of a douche. It's part of why I love these type of WRPGs because you can actually role play and it's not just chose a)good guy response or b)evil response.

But also I don't see any other option 'cause trying these fights in makeshift armour and weapons was not working out.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just hit Chapter 3 but still a complete noob when it comes to general inventory management.

Part of it is, I feel like the crafting system is just really vague and not yet all that useful. The only things I have for cooking, for example, are "Cooking Pot" and a ton of different Dinner dishes that I discovered by randomly throwing food together. Is there any easy way to get some useful recipes early on?

Related: what other stuff do y'all immediately throw out? I ended up with no elves in my group, so I suppose I can just toss human body parts I collect? Is there ever a use for poisoned food? Is there any reason for me to keep books that I've already read? Do any of you just keep everything and store it all in different backpacks or aboard the ship?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any easy way to get some useful recipes early on?
Find recipe books. Also, check every tradeable NPC in the game (not just vendors). They are likely to have 1 recipe on them for a few coin. Sometimes that is the only useful thing they have on them.

I ended up with no elves in my group, so I suppose I can just toss human body parts I collect?
AFAIK. Yes. That ability is reserved for them.

Is there ever a use for poisoned food?
Besides one quest in chapter 2. No. And that quest has an alternative way to complete it. Also if you have an undead talent on your team... you can heal off of poison btw. So eat it.

Is there any reason for me to keep books that I've already read?
No.
Do any of you just keep everything and store it all in different backpacks or aboard the ship?
No. Press "Add to wares", then offload your junk with your favorite character (the one with the highest bartering skill or good attitude standing).

You'll get to a point where you'll just know what is a quest item and what isn't. Most NPCs ask for a very specific one of a kind item.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Few things if anyone can answer me:

• How's the writing? The first one got trash talked when it came to the writing. I saw this often when people compared D:OS to Pillars of Eternity
  • How's this single player? I have 0 friends who can get into something like this and I think I could get into this. I just wanna know if this interesting enough alone to play alone
  • I know it's worth $60, but for first time players, how is it? I'm basically gonna be a first time player
Thanks to whoever answers :)

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

• How's the writing? The first one got trash talked when it came to the writing. I saw this often when people compared D:OS to Pillars of Eternity
  • How's this single player? I have 0 friends who can get into something like this and I think I could get into this. I just wanna know if this interesting enough alone to play alone
  • I know it's worth $60, but for first time players, how is it? I'm basically gonna be a first time player

1- Better, but still not anything to write home about. I'd call it "serviceable". I prefer the overall setting/world building of the Pillars games but writing in this game isn't bad by any means.
2- I've always considered this primarily a single player game that happens to have a multiplayer option. It certainly doesn't need to be played with friends to be enjoyed
3- It's considered a GOTY or even GOAT by a lot of folks, so I'd imagine most people find it well worth the price.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
You probably wont beat this game.

5I5s8.png

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
1- Better, but still not anything to write home about. I'd call it "serviceable". I prefer the overall setting/world building of the Pillars games but writing in this game isn't bad by any means.
2- I've always considered this primarily a single player game that happens to have a multiplayer option. It certainly doesn't need to be played with friends to be enjoyed
3- It's considered a GOTY or even GOAT by a lot of folks, so I'd imagine most people find it well worth the price.

Interesting, that's good to hear

You probably wont beat this game.

5I5s8.png

You know how many months it's been since I haven't beaten a game?
AnotherUnlawfulEthiopianwolf-small.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I tried to quicksave while doing those actions. Then, on the tail end of the save, it got glitched. I'm not certain though.

Thanks, I'll avoid quicksaving next time and see if that helps! Managing inventory is already something I seem to spend a lot of time doing. When that option disappears I'm just like oh, god, no...

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, managed to escape,
remove my collar and find the seekers. I was banging my head against this one fight thinking I needed to beat it to progress. Then I took a peek at Google and felt stupid as I literally had everything I needed to escape already (most of it from my crime spree)

Got a foothold now with the fights and things are a lot smoother. Now storming the keep, murdering magisters and looting. The combat is still best in class turn-based and the music is amazing. Really dazzled so far.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Alright, just finished up my first playthrough. Took me about 90 hours on tactician. I really enjoyed the experience overall, although I have to say, by the end of it, the difficulty started becoming extremely frustrating. Looking forward to whatever Larian does next.

Handyandy58

Oct 31, 2017
Could I perhaps bother this group with a question about DOS 1? If the answer is no, feel free to pass me by and ignore.

I have just started playing DOS: EE on PS4, and I think I am completely misunderstanding how to play this game. For context, I don't have any experience with WRPGs in this style (have never played Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate, etc), but I got this game for cheap and figured I'd try it.

Anyway, I am currently in and around Cyseal, and I am pretty sure I fucked up the opening murder mystery quest by accidentally killing the mortician. I figured no big deal - the game wouldn't let me do that if it was gonna stop all progression - but now no one really has anything interesting to say about Jake or Star Stone or any of that.

So I figure I would do some more stuff around town or in opened areas - so I started heading out of the west gate, which was open. I have a full party at level 3 - but upon heading into the rainy area outside town it seems there are a couple battles beyond the opening mobs where I'm just getting worked every time I try them (a group in a house, and then a bunch of stuff by a lighthouse). I'm not sure if this is where I should be exploring b/c I'm not the right level or if I'm just not approaching the combat correctly. I feel like I'm thinking carefully and creatively about all the resources available to me in combat and all the things the enemies might do, but I am still getting whooped. The enemies all seem to just do so much more damage per turn than my team, not to mention outnumber me, and I'm not sure how to turn the tables.

I'm playing on Classic, and I'm not 100% opposed to turning things down to easy, but I feel like I just must be misunderstanding the way to play this game, and I am looking for some advice as a beginner whether generally about the game, or specific to what to do as things get started in and around Cyseal.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Could I perhaps bother this group with a question about DOS 1? If the answer is no, feel free to pass me by and ignore.

I have just started playing DOS: EE on PS4, and I think I am completely misunderstanding how to play this game. For context, I don't have any experience with WRPGs in this style (have never played Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate, etc), but I got this game for cheap and figured I'd try it.

Anyway, I am currently in and around Cyseal, and I am pretty sure I fucked up the opening murder mystery quest by accidentally killing the mortician. I figured no big deal - the game wouldn't let me do that if it was gonna stop all progression - but now no one really has anything interesting to say about Jake or Star Stone or any of that.

So I figure I would do some more stuff around town or in opened areas - so I started heading out of the west gate, which was open. I have a full party at level 3 - but upon heading into the rainy area outside town it seems there are a couple battles beyond the opening mobs where I'm just getting worked every time I try them (a group in a house, and then a bunch of stuff by a lighthouse). I'm not sure if this is where I should be exploring b/c I'm not the right level or if I'm just not approaching the combat correctly. I feel like I'm thinking carefully and creatively about all the resources available to me in combat and all the things the enemies might do, but I am still getting whooped. The enemies all seem to just do so much more damage per turn than my team, not to mention outnumber me, and I'm not sure how to turn the tables.

I'm playing on Classic, and I'm not 100% opposed to turning things down to easy, but I feel like I just must be misunderstanding the way to play this game, and I am looking for some advice as a beginner whether generally about the game, or specific to what to do as things get started in and around Cyseal.
I don't remember the plot stuff, but you're meant to be able to kill or do whatever with "mission-critical" NPCs and still come up fine.

What's your party configuration like? What sort of strategies and synergies are you fielding? A well balanced party (tank, healer, dps, physical and magical coverage, etc.) will do well for newbies. IIRC you can see your opponent's levels by clicking on them. I can't remember if you need Loremaster lv. 1 for it, but I'm pretty sure you don't. In games like this, you can't punch too much above your weight class at the beginning.

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
I've encountered a possibly gamebreaking error. I'm well into Arx in Act IV. Whenever I enter into combat now, the game pauses on the enemy turn. They just sit there forever waiting to do something. Unfortunately, my quicksaves all have this issue (because I quicksave so damn often). An autosave from about 4 hours ago playtime-wise does not have the issue. I don't really want to backtrack that much but I don't see any other option.

I've noticed other people have been encountering this issue as well. I've tried turning off all my mods. I don't know what would have suddenly caused this after 60 hours of playtime.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've begun to hate playing this game. Every battle is a fucking chore, its the fighting equivalent of a fetch quest. I just want to be done with it. I'm at the
battle with the stupid puppets and you have to spell POWER with the levers and its like a kidney stone. I pulled all 5 levers, nothing happens. the wiki says to kill the puppets using source vampirism. I do that and they still keep coming. Maybe I'm missing something
it doesn't really matter at this point because the final battle is after this and I stopped having fun a long time ago. This is easily my most disappointing game this year, worse than Ni No Kuni II. The first game was so good, one of my favorites, and after hearing the praise for this one, I expected big things.

Dannerz

Dec 19, 2017
I've begun to hate playing this game. Every battle is a fucking chore, its the fighting equivalent of a fetch quest. I just want to be done with it. I'm at the
battle with the stupid puppets and you have to spell POWER with the levers and its like a kidney stone. I pulled all 5 levers, nothing happens. the wiki says to kill the puppets using source vampirism. I do that and they still keep coming. Maybe I'm missing something
it doesn't really matter at this point because the final battle is after this and I stopped having fun a long time ago. This is easily my most disappointing game this year, worse than Ni No Kuni II. The first game was so good, one of my favorites, and after hearing the praise for this one, I expected big things.
Worse the Ni No Kuni II? No.
Fourth act is terrible though.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Worse the Ni No Kuni II? No.
Fourth act is terrible though.
You're right, its not worse, but thats not what I said. My hopes were sky high for this so it was much more disappointing in comparison.
In any event. I've watched a couple of playthroughs of this fight and it looks like you are supposed to just kill these puppets with source vampirism. However when I do it, it says its blocked by magic armor. And if you don't kill them in the first round they keep repopulating and it becomes impossible. I guess they borked the console version. Maybe they'll fix it some time.

Oct 27, 2017
I need some help and googling isn't getting me anywhere.

I'm stuck at the Eternal Arbiter in the Academy. He immediately attacks on sight and I don't know why. Fane is covered up in human form and that's all I could think of. Apparently I have to speak with him to progress, but he just attacks and respawns over and over. I'm frustrated as hell.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Got to the fight against
Bishop Alexander
and I got completely stomped. Gonna have to take some time to get my house in order before trying again :(.

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm finally playing this with two friends and while we've not come very far in two evening sessions, I can already tell this will be such a joy to play for us. We usually play stuff like Civ or Endless Space 2 together, so we like tactical planning. Looking forward to what's coming next, we're still escaping that first island. Playing a summoner myself.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

Here's how to beat that..
"Use Source Vampirism on them to kill them during fighting, they'll stay dead that way. Then you can pull the levers at your own speed, without harassment. Really silly fight, that gives you no real warning on what to do."

Anyway, finally managed to complete the game on Tactician for my first playthrough, was pretty rough in certain spots where bosses can literally end you in the first round. Preparation is key, especially using Chameleon and Resist Death.

I'm thinking of going for a Honour run now, feel like I can manage every encounter suitably. Will build a physical lone wolves team, one dual wield rogue with summoning and a 2 hander Paladin type character that can support heal and deal damage. Has anyone else managed to complete Honour mode, any suggestions?

Also lone wolves, absolute game changer, actually easier than party of 4!

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Beat that fight yesterday. Spent a fair bit of time following up any lose ends and trying to gear up as much as possible. There was surprising amount of stuff unfinished and stuff I had seen but forgotten about. For the fight itself I came in around the back and holed up on a battlement so they had to come to me. Much better not being the the kill box.

Happy with my squad too. Got a dwarven huntsman with a crossbow that does heavy damage. The lizard is just straight damage-dealing fighter. Cleric-type human fighter with sword and shield who does most of the healing (although everyone has to pitch in on that). Then my character is a mage.

There are some loose ends still I want to tie up before jumping on the boat. Will I every be able to return to the island? Warning message seemed like maybe not...

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here's how to beat that..
"Use Source Vampirism on them to kill them during fighting, they'll stay dead that way. Then you can pull the levers at your own speed, without harassment. Really silly fight, that gives you no real warning on what to do."
You must of have not read my post after the one you quoted, in any event Source Vampirism no longer works. All the puppets have magic armor that block the spell and its not practical to drain the armor and then use it. You have to kill all four in the first go around or they repopulate. I watched a number of playthroughs on youtube from the PC version where they did this tactic successfully, but the most recent comments confirm this no longer works.
I don't know why Larian patched it out, its an incredibly annoying battle and why they'd put it before the last battle, which was pretty fucking hard, I have no clue. Its like they went down a playtesting rabbit hole and forgot to balance the game for an average player vs someone who spent every waking moment with it.
Anyway, I ignored the puppets and just pulled the levers, and ended up beating the game after that. I'll replay it again at some point but I did not like it anywhere near as much as the first one.

Dannerz

Dec 19, 2017
Truly, what level are you? You should be 20 or 19 by the endgame if you did most of the content in act IV. The fight isn't that hard (especially compared to the final fight) just hit em with some aoe magic and source vampirism. Keep your people spread out because the levers they pull do aoe on you. Then use source vampirism once they have no magic armour. I had no issues with this fight other than figuring out that you needed source vampirism.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
You must of have not read my post after the one you quoted, in any event Source Vampirism no longer works. All the puppets have magic armor that block the spell and its not practical to drain the armor and then use it. You have to kill all four in the first go around or they repopulate. I watched a number of playthroughs on youtube from the PC version where they did this tactic successfully, but the most recent comments confirm this no longer works.
I don't know why Larian patched it out, its an incredibly annoying battle and why they'd put it before the last battle, which was pretty fucking hard, I have no clue. Its like they went down a playtesting rabbit hole and forgot to balance the game for an average player vs someone who spent every waking moment with it.
Anyway, I ignored the puppets and just pulled the levers, and ended up beating the game after that. I'll replay it again at some point but I did not like it anywhere near as much as the first one.
yeh sorry, obviously strip the armour first for vampirism to work. Hard part was figuring that out for me, quite the exercise in frustration.

Anyway, give me some Lone Wolves Honour mode tips guys!

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
In case you wanted another platform to play it on:

It's official now! Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition is finally coming to Mac devices Q1 2019 and will be the first title on macOS to support HDR! Stay tuned for more news!

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Found out after four play sessions with the girlfriend that the reason we're having so much trouble, and that the game is much harder than I remember, is that the game switched to 'Normal' mode even though I started us off in 'Explorer' when we began the campaign. Thank goodness I spotted that and can change it next session, as she was starting to get pissed off at the game being a slog-fest with every combat encounter (Which wasn't good when I'd spent a couple of months convincing her to purchase and play it with me in the first place).

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Left the island and beat the
fight on the ship
before calling it a day. Last thing I did before leaving was kill the witch in the cave. The first two times I tried previously I didn't last more than two turns and left it for later. With better gear and tactics she went down pretty efficiently though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So Arx is kinda cool? Suprised because everyone was saying Arx sucked? Lots of hidden areas and secret passageways.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
These fights where the enemy just comes straight back to life on death are pretty cheap and annoying. To spend ages fighting an enemy that's unkillable and not even know it is pretty aggravating.