• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do ask for consent when sexting?

• yes

Votes: 114 28.8%
  • no

Votes: 305 77.0%

• Total voters

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
well, i dont start off with describing the shape of my butthole

you gotta build up an illusion, like jeorge rr marty
I'm reminded of this photo as I read your post:.
Whats_2fec13_2916852.jpg

Lol

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I am so glad I've been in a relationship for the last 6 years before this got popular/became the norm.

I feel like there's a big difference between sending unsolicited dick pics/sexts and sending that to someone you're already casually dating or "talking to" like that.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
You don't go from 0 to dick pic, It has to scalate naturally, to be sure better not to initiate it.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i don't understand sexting. you can get orgasm via text? Really?

This is akin to real life Dungeons & Dragons. I can never understand it too. May i just have no imagination.. :P LMAO.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I've sexted anyone there's always been a clear progression to how it ended up at sexting. Conversation, to flirting, to suggestive remarks. Stopping the natural progression of things to be like "Do you consent to where we both know this is heading" seems like a surefire way to kill the mood and make you look weird.

When it comes to sexting, I've always found it to be really obvious when things are going to go ahead and when they aren't.

This is akin to real life Dungeons & Dragons. I can never understand it too. May i just have no imagination.. :P LMAO.
Google "Masturbation".

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible idea, being coy and dextrous with your comments about sex is part of the fun both enjoy, and its usually done gradually, outright blurting "i want to sext" is a great way to kill the mood, and halt any form of exploration right there.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based on previously available data and multiple studies on the subject I can estimate I'll be likely sexually aroused and having possible fantasies about you and a tub filled with tres leches somewhere in the span of time of 6 pm and 2 am. Would you be available to discuss said fantasies and/or send each other arousing texts anywhere in that time period, or would you like to rebook after looking at your schedule?

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. I assume when it's a new person, right? Not your lover? People just send stuff to their lover they already know, i assume. Still, you'd have to be sure they are okay with that.
Never done sexting it in my life though. I've written dirty letters in an ancient past (to my girlfriend at the time). Lol. Letters...🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I'll never understand mocking people's attempt to make consent more commonplace and normalized to talk clearly about.

Either way, I've had partners where we did some pretty intense sexual talking via text, and they're not always in the right headspace for that. It's considerate to seek out actual interest/consent, even if you've done that kind of thing before together.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What did this weird ass lady get a blue check mark for? Hopefully not dispensing sexual education advice.

edit Vincent Grayson most people don't deserve to be mocked, but the message itself sure is fair game. You gotta admit it's strange at the very least right?

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why do these templates all sound like robots?

I get that some people need help with expressing themselves, but I don't think the stuff that's being circled around is going to be of much use for that. They couldn't be more impresional and PR-like if they tried.

Because they come from people with no social skills.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yes, I always ask for the parent's consent before I send a dick pic to their daughter. Normal stuff.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
I think the only time I've sexted someone I wasn't in a relationship she initiated it.. So hasn't been an issue. Not really sure how to do this - I feel like it's best to build up to it in text before you just send a pic.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad I've been in a relationship for the last 6 years before this got popular/became the norm.

I feel like there's a big difference between sending unsolicited dick pics/sexts and sending that to someone you're already casually dating or "talking to" like that.

None of this stuff is popular or the norm, just bizarre randos on the internet and the social media megaphone of bullshit

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, if the answer is gonna be no I'd find that script as bad as just sending the real thing.

I find this a "If you have to ask, don't" sort of thing.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
"My dearest Pawandeep, I hope this text finds you well. I have been thinking about you sexually, I hope that's okay. What follows are four photographs of my erect penis. Please note the cleft of the glans as it curves around my frenulum in the third picture. It's one of my best features. I started to seep as I took the fourth photo, so I needed to stop and wipe myself against a curtain. Please tell me if you'd like to have sex, and please accept my most sincere apologies if you are busy/visiting your grandmother in hospital with your family when you receive my four photographs. How is she? I hope she's taking in more fluids. I want *you* to take in more fluids, should you consent to it, from the glans of my tube (pictured). lol jk. Sorry to lower the tone!!!!!! Irregardless, I very much enjoyed our coffee date, and hope to see you a second time, now that I have sweetened the deal with these photographs! jk jk. Please respond in kind at your earliest convenience. I think I'm falling in love with you. TTYS. <3"

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
You don't go from 0 to dick pic, It has to scalate naturally, to be sure better not to initiate it.

I've never sent one to anyone in my life. I think it's stupid/childish honestly. Now I've had someone take one, when they were with me. If I ever had a woman actually ASK (not a single one ever has) for a pic, I'd have considered it.

Ex-wife had a guy she was cheating on me with send her a short video. Died laughing when I saw that one. Dude might have had 3--4" inches, at most, full bore. Made me feel like I was sporting a huge one 🤣 .

As far as "sexting" text, I always wait for the woman to act first. I've gotten plenty of them that way, then I respond.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Nobody goes directly to sexting like a weirdo, it's a clear process where both of you know where you are ending up.

That sentence there would creep me way more than a random dick pic, honestly

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I like how we're jumping immediately to dick pics to try and somewhat understand why this message wouldn't be creepy and offputting as hell.

Why can't any of these fuckers just be normal?

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I don't think I've ever orgasmed from a sext. Sexting usually results in me going to see that person, or them coming to see me so we can play out everything we just said. and if that doesn't happen, then the sexting was just in good spirit and for fun.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What an absolutely bizarre idea with a script that might as well be a robocall.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, just another avenue to be rejected.

As a married man I don't usually sext, and I've been getting better and better at increasing my field goal % by not taking low percentage shots.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I've never sent one to anyone in my life. I think it's stupid/childish honestly. Now I've had someone take one, when they were with me. If I ever had a woman actually ASK (not a single one ever has) for a pic, I'd have considered it.

I've been asked a couple of times. Never going to happen, but there are women out there who think they're sexy. They'll send you photos, and expect you to reply with dick pics. I was amazed the first time I was asked, because I'd only ever heard of women mocking them prior. Couples always want them. But yeah, no, if you want to meet my Fine Young Cannibal, you're going to need me to introduce you in person.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I've been asked a couple of times. Never going to happen, but there are women out there who think they're sexy. They'll send you photos, and expect you to reply with dick pics. I was amazed the first time I was asked, because I'd only ever heard of women mocking them prior. Couples always want them. But yeah, no, if you want to meet my Fine Young Cannibal, you're going to need me to introduce you in person.

Haha, yeah the one that took the pic of mine didn't leave me...and she still tells me she saved that pic 😆 . Makes me feel a bit better about it not being used negatively 🤔 .

I've never had anyone ask for one though. 🤷‍♂️ Just the in person scenarios.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
I don't get why dudes even send dick pics. Do women actually want to see our dicks outside of a bedroom?

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I've always waited for the other party to initiate. I don't proceed with things without enthusiastic consent and that's pretty much the text version of it. Every woman I've dated who's been comfortable with sexting has, in some way, made it clear that she'd like to send something in advance at which point I made it clear I'm very okay with that, and things proceed from there.

Shoving my digital junk in someone else's face without a clear indication that's what they want just isn't my style.