Do you play Bethesda games in 1st or 3rd person view?

• Exclusively 1st person

Votes: 284 47.7%
  • Mostly 1st person

Votes: 161 27.0%
  • Half and half

Votes: 72 12.1%
  • Mostly 3rd person

Votes: 50 8.4%
  • Exclusively 3rd person

Votes: 29 4.9%

• Total voters

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I jut used it to look at my character's new armor then switched back five seconds afterwards. First person is much better in most games anyway. I like having the option though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Half and half. First person for interior environments and combat and third person for exploring the world and talking to npcs. I like switching viewpoints a lot.

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
On Skyrim I run around the over world in 3rd person so I can see the skevers biting me in the butt.

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly 3rd Person because I easily get sick when playing in 1st Person. I switch when I need to zoom in on something but not for much more than that.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Yeah, the outrage over Cyberpunk being a first-person game has been weirding me out for a while.

Bethesda games are probably not the best reference point here though, because third person is always super wonky in them.

It also really depends on how people view the game and how it is best played. I would bet anything a gta v poll would have entirely different results. From what I can tell I'm the rare person who uses first person in that game.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
First person, with the exception of when I for some reason or other need or want to check what I look like. Everything feels so janky in third person, to me.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
1st person, no exception and at all times.

I'd rather not be taken out of the game by dopey animations. Their animations have improved but there is only so long you can look at your character awkwardly running before your immersion is broken.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
1st person because the gameplay and animations in 3rd person is terrible. I would play in 3rd person if the gameplay was good.

Old Luke

Jul 20, 2018
Combat is always 1st person. Unless I'm playing around with mods, god mode, etc.

I would say its like 80% of the time is 1st person. 3rd is usually in non combat situations or when exploring the world (without interacting with something - switchs, levers, terminals, etc).

Jan 9, 2018
1st, I would love to play Skyrim on 3rd person but I found it totally unplayable. For Fallout 4 I didn't even try 3rd person...

It would be great if they change the motor/control of the game for one who can do 3rd person properly

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Always first person.
I am mainly a console gamer, but I refuse to play TES/Fallout on anything other than a PC for this specific reason.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1st mostly. When I'm struttin or sneaking, I'll dip in and out of 3rd for vanity and spatial awareness, respectively.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Skyrim - Bow and Arrow playthrough and Mage playthrough= 1st Person
Skyrim - Melee playthrough = 50:50
Fallout = 1st person. Not even sure if they have third person?

Honestly though, third person in Bethesda games feels so clunky and felt like it was not the view the game was designed for.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who just bought the Fallout 4 GOTY ari play the old DLCs that released... playing in third person is a fucking mess. Your character runs and moves so weirdly. Trying to interact with the environment always is difficult in third person too.

So awkward.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Pretty much entirely 3rd for Elder Scrolls (well, Skyrim, only played Oblivion in first) and 1st for Fallout. Far prefer the gun first person view than a sword and shield taking up 30% of my screen.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusively 3rd person view. I'm a savage apparently.

I can't play first person games any more without it messing with me.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Usually try out third person in their for about two seconds before switching back to first. Third-person in their games almost always feels like a really hack-y mod.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Of the 5 I've played, I'm counting New Vegas, I played them all in first person. Only ever switching to third to see how I look in this new armour or whathaveyou. They aren't built for third person I feel. Too imprecise.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I just started Skyrim for the 1st time about a week ago and I play it in 3rd person.

I played Fallout 3 a few hours before dropping it. So this will probably be my first Bethesda game I finish since I'm about 16 hours in now and loving it.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Always first person. I don't understand people that play Fallout and Elder Scrolls in third person.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mostly play in first person except when in towns or talking to NPCs, but my girlfriend and my bestfriend both play exclusively in third person. My girlfriend does it because she likes to see her character and my friend does it because first person gives him motion sickness. So in case you are wondering why they include the option...people definitely use it, and wouldn't play the games otherwise.

I find it is easier to play third person in Fallout than it is in Skyrim.

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
Mostly 1st person, their 3rd person animations are atrocious, I only togle the mode to see the carácter walking or something like that.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3rd person does have some practical benefits such as easily seeing around corners. In Skyrim if you unholster the bow the camera angle lifts up and you therefore get a better view of your surroundings without worrying about trees and other objects getting in your viewport.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Third person when I'm stuck in some jank geometry and need to jump out, so about 50% of the time :)