• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Sometimes. Sometimes there's dissonance, like there's this friendly looking avatar next to extreme vitriol. That can feel like betrayal, or sneakiness of some sort. Other times there's perfect harmony, which is usually when the avatar quotes come out.

Oh, and I'm not high, I'm just sleepy.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
why thank u i make em myself :3

I'm fond of my Dojima one in particular but I'm worried people will see it and assume I'm a dude. Although people already see my avatar + username + post and still assume I'm a dude, so...

You're welcome! I'm totally not biased. Lol

Yeah, your Dojima avatar is pretty cool. So was your Fuuka one.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I have seen it in action here, the other day some guy wanted to dismiss my opinion because i have an "anime avatar".

Anime avatars are used heavily in message boards within the context of awful/bait-y shitposting and it will continue to be used as such because that's what your demographic simply does

Its not a personal slight, you should stop taking it as such. Other people on the internet ruining a good thing is not exclusive to anime avatars whatsoever, just deal wiyh it

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just by looking at some avatars I can tell that the poster is an arrogant pseudo-intellectual.

But then again, it's even funnier when they just shitpost or write downright stupid things while trying to look all superior and shit.

It's fun.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This is why I don't use an avatar. Instead you judge me by what I say, not what I look like. That's why people know who I am.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't use an avatar. Instead you judge me by what I say, not what I look like. That's why people know who I am.

btchplz.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Do you really think the majority of us are pieces of shit? And which kinds of avatars on your list tend to affirm one's shittiness? Anime gotta be top ten.

Yep, and honestly people that brand their avatars with different pieces of comsumable media (kratos-ifying an avatar is a prime example) are kind of my number #1 headscratchers.

Anime avatar users, I just kind of ignore the ones i don't know beyond this site, they're relatively harmless

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone has a companies logo as their avatar I won't take anything that they say about said company without a massive pile of salt.

If someone has an anime avatar I think less of them and their opinion.

If someone has no avatar I don't mess with them as they have nothing to lose.

If someone has a soccer player as their avatar the usually love Fortnite, FIFA and dislike Nintendo fanboys.

If someone has a Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo mascot as their avatar I think anything they say about said platform is sus.

If someone has low res, poorly cropped or undersized avatar I feel pity for them and their lack of foresight when picking or making an avatar.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
On ERA there doesn't seem to be some ubiquitous pop culture zeitgeist where you see certain avatars over an over again like you would in previous years. I do expect posters who bemoan the current state of gaming, and how they hate AAA or "cinematic" games to have some sort of Nintendo related avatar, and I'm seldom disappointed.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Real talk though what do you get out of pledging your unacknowledged allegiance to a faceless corporation by slapping their logo on a Simpsons screen cap???? Like how boring are you????

In other words, people with Simpsons avatars are irredeemably good, honest people. Especially if its a cap between S1-15

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Anime avatars are used heavily in message boards within the context of awful/bait-y shitposting and it will continue to be used as such because that's what your demographic simply does

Its not a personal slight, you should stop taking it as such. Other people on the internet ruining a good thing is not exclusive to anime avatars whatsoever, just deal wiyh it

I was more surprised about someone counting my avatar as "an anime avatar", i mean, yeah it's intentionally imitating the pop team epic style (which is somewhat removed from why people have a problem with anime avatars), but it's a picture of a furry OC of mine that i drew myself, it's kinda weird, if they had mentioned something about me having a furry avatar, i'd be like "okay, that's fair", but it caught me off guard that apparently this is "anime" enough.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
If I see an anime avatar, I'm at least twice as likely to not have time for any of your shit.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I like to think that anyone potentially upset by something I post will see the goofy smiling Adeleine face above it and maybe not take it so seriously.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was more surprised about someone counting my avatar as "an anime avatar", i mean, yeah it's intentionally imitating the pop team epic style (which is somewhat removed from why people have a problem with anime avatars), but it's a picture of a furry OC of mine that i drew myself, it's kinda weird, if they had mentioned something about me having a furry avatar, i'd be like "okay, that's fair", but it caught me off guard that apparently this is "anime" enough.

See, if you had a video game avatar in an animated style, there wouldn't be any issues

Yes.

I'm just a hard working dog trying to provide for her kids.

Lmao

I like to think that anyone potentially upset by something I post will see the goofy smiling Adeleine face above it and maybe not take it so seriously.

It'd annoy me even more tbh

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

Real talk people with Furry avatars are fearless and brave and I wish i had the confidence those individuals have

Their power levels are absolutely unmatched

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
That is super specific

I think it's because a lot of people Kratos-ified their avatars for some time when the latest GoW came out, hah.

Real talk people with Furry avatars are fearless and brave and I wish i had the confidence those individuals have

Their power levels are absolutely unmatched

Nobody will ever match the raw confidence power Boss Doggy irradiated back at the old place.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I don't even know how people perceive my avatar. It's just the Citadel emblem from Mass Effect.

My avatar definitely gives off its intended effect, yes

I hope you never change your avatar. It suits you well (in a good way).

Plus you're one of the few people left still rocking a Kat avatar :(

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only judge the edgy avatars. Like when someone's being a sarcastic contrarian and their avatar is a skeleton or a pentagram or some shit. Those kids aren't fooling anybody.