klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Theres someone on here who has an avatar of someone who looks belligerent and this person and I had a disagreement and I'm pretty sure I thought he was being a bigger a-hole than he was because of the avatar. I even went as far as blocking him because I didnt want to see the avatar anymore.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_out1xoKDnM1w9tnkno1_1280.gif
btc-twilight01.gif

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the best is people who have had their avatar long enough that it's a brand and sometimes they'll alter it with little things or current events.

I'm too reluctant to change to ever mess with mine tbh

By the way, I totally thought you were a girl on GAF those first two months in the Dragon Ball OT.

Lmao, I actually got invited to a discord once because they thought I was a girl, had to politely decline and pretend it didn't exist

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
people with pacman ghost avatars tend to have bad opinions

well it's been true in two separate cases so i'm calling it a rule

one is a libertarian, so nothing else needs to be said

the other one started making all sorts of posts on an era stalker forum downplaying gamergate after he got permanently banned here

so sorry, if you have a pacman ghost avatar i will subconsciously assume you have bad opinions

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I had the courage to go without an avatar but I yearn to be recognized T_T

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
If someone has a companies logo as their avatar I won't take anything that they say about said company without a massive pile of salt.

If someone has an anime avatar I think less of them and their opinion.

If someone has no avatar I don't mess with them as they have nothing to lose.

If someone has a soccer player as their avatar the usually love Fortnite, FIFA and dislike Nintendo fanboys.

If someone has a Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo mascot as their avatar I think anything they say about said platform is sus.

If someone has low res, poorly cropped or undersized avatar I feel pity for them and their lack of foresight when picking or making an avatar.
tumblr_p97p4vi4LD1xuvfgqo8_250.gif

This is why I don't use an avatar. Instead you judge me by what I say, not what I look like. That's why people know who I am.
That's not really a good thing if it's because you're infamous, Cybersai, LOL

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. It would be funny to me if people read my posts in Orisa's voice. I do just tend to pick avatars based on character's I like from video games, so I'm glad if people imagine me sounding like them.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
People care way more whether you end your sentences with periods than what your avatar is in terms of tone.

That said people gave me a bunch of shit for my avatar at one point so I've decided to never change it, TPP forever

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I hope when people see my avatar they're like oh dude I love Pushmo and Nabbit, this must be a fellow with splendiferous taste in televisual amusements.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets be honest, it is hard to believe anything people say if they aren't using their real pic as an avatar.

Real pic month should be every month.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uh? Calvin and Hobbess is iconic

Just going off of what I know, I haven't changed my avatar in years (maybe ever on the old place/here).

Could it be that I never have anything of value to say or don't say anything worth quoting? Jury's still out, but I know the way they are leaning.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really pay that much attention and I don't think mine invites any particular judgement but we definitely can see pushback against anime avatars

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
It seemed so in the "old place". The cult of personality doesn't seem as strong here, which is for the better me thinks.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
real face people probably have some weirdo living at home quirk about themselves like running full pieces of left over food through a garage disposal or taking their trash out, but leaving the bag open so the maggots can fester overnight

Just awful people

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
real face people probably have some weirdo living at home quirk about themselves like running full pieces of left over food through a garage disposal or taking their trash out, but leaving the bag open so the maggots can fester overnight

Just awful people
I genuinely can't tell if you've been playing a character this entire thread.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, kind of.

One thing is certain, people who RP as their avatars are losers.
Naaaaah, those are the best people, at least as long as it's not a legit terrible identity. It's a shame hardly anyone has the stamina/guts to, I always get a kick out of it.

I would do it myself, but I lack the above mentioned stamina/guts.

RP away, citizens! icus

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No avatars are probably burner accounts
Real avatars are like furry avatars..... brave
Precure avatars? People of fine culiture.