Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think it makes some posts, and their posters, more hilarious.The perfect avatar-post combo is art.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sometimes.

Whenever a new game comes out and 5-6 people all with an avatar of the same character are arguing about one thing or another it makes me chuckle.

Also, I'm incapable of seeing people with cute anime girls as anything but cute anime girls. It's horrible.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I change avatars every once in a while. I had an anime one last time but having an anime avatar is like a ticking time bomb for some people here so I switched to the best Pokemon in the entire series.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I won´t generalize, and I am strongly against prejudice. But at least in this site, my mind has two particular avatar preconceptions:
-Super Deformed anime avatars tend to show some correlation with mostly juvenile posts.
-Avatars modified to represent characters from PlayStation flagship titles (Infamous: Second Son; The Last Guardian; Horizon; and, as of late, God of War) tend to show some correlation with obviously Sony-slanted, console war posts.
You see this is what I'm talking about. Apparently having an anime avatar is juvenile or something.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I won´t generalize, and I am strongly against prejudice. But at least in this site, my mind has two particular avatar preconceptions:
-Super Deformed anime avatars tend to show some correlation with mostly juvenile posts.
-Avatars modified to represent characters from PlayStation flagship titles (Infamous: Second Son; The Last Guardian; Horizon; and, as of late, God of War) tend to show some correlation with obviously Sony-slanted, console war posts.

I'm deeply offended.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's why people think I'm cool

800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

I'm deeply offended.

Same here, it's not my fault Gravity Rush isn't more popular

LuckyHit

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it does. I mean, it certainly influences how I perceive the tone of others, for sure... Man, now I'm feeling really self-conscious about my avatar now!

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
if your avatar is a character from a platform-specific franchise then i will assume you are biased towards that platform

if you have a sexy anime avatar then i will assume you look like this:

712eedcff28da6963f213255aaa95b9f.jpg

(i'm semi-kidding)

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, sometimes.

Whenever a new game comes out and 5-6 people all with an avatar of the same character are arguing about one thing or another it makes me chuckle.

Also, I'm incapable of seeing people with cute anime girls as anything but cute anime girls. It's horrible.
What's your avatar from? Always really liked it.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Don't wear an anime avatar.
2. Also don't wear that avatar of a tired looking Link holding up a cup of coffee.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If I switch my avatar to that picture of this:
DizQkOZX4AAqbPt.jpg

How would y'all interpret such a tone? Because I really am considering switching to this.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For sure. They also can seriously undermine a post, like when anime avatars rise to the defence of sexualization of women in games.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I do, I think that those with more happy-looking avys appear more friendly/welcoming, compared to the opposite where I'm more averse to discussion with them.