• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Just timeline wise it makes an incredible amount of sense.

Smash will probably be ready to announce a new character at the time infinity war comes out, and nintendo is funding Ultimate Allianca 3? I'm not even sure it would be more ridiculous than Joker.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
No, they are not video game characters just like Goku is not a video game character.

Bugs Bunny, Shrek, Spongebob, Goku, and Captain America all have an equal chance of getting in Smash, aka zero.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool but I don't think it'll happen, they wouldn't suddenly change their rule about only including original video game characters.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The UA3 exclusive announcement makes me think it could happen. Particularly given the comments regarding DLC characters.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Besides what everyone said about they not being a videogame character, there are ZERO chances of there being more than one character of a 3rd party franchise. Like "the avengers" are not going to be in smash because there are zero chances 5 characters being dlc from the same series.

BESIDES they not being game characters

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Sakurai: But, you know I get requests like, "Please put Goku in"​
Sugita: GOKU!?​
Sakurai: "Please put Spongebob"​
Sugita: SPONGEBOB?!​
Sakurai: That's impossible.​
Source. Translation.

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
If any non video game character is going to be in smash it should be Popeye as there is history there. (Disney also has history with Nintendo, but not video game wise to my knowledge)

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they also said that characters had to have appeared on a Nintendo platform, and that seems to have gone out the window with the Persona announcement.
PersonaQ2newcinemalabyrinth.jpg

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish it would only for the enjoyment of the posts from the "only Nintendo characters" crowd. Would also be amazing to have iron man

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
If UA3 wasn't a Switch exclusive, I'd say it's impossible.

Now, I'm basically expecting it. Captain Marvel in Smash alongside the movie in March. Calling it now.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Jesus Christ people, Joker DID NOT open the door for fucking anything under the sun making it into Smash.

Sega owns Atlus, Joker getting in is NOT that much of a stretch compared to what was already in the game prior to is reveal. Stop overreacting already.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wolverine is going to get in. He had a prominent role in the trailer for the exclusive Switch game. Not to mention he wasn't even in the latest MvC. Wolverine would sell like a mother fucker. "Alongside wolverine, we're also introducing tag in Squad Strike!". Wolverine will also be similar to past Capcom cross over fighters in terms of his play style. He'll be introduced with a letter floating through the air, and then we'll get a SNIKT! singular claw through it before he opens the letter, tearing it to shreds with any of his classic berserker moves from Marvel. WOLVERINE TEARS HIS WAY THROUGH THE COMPETITION.

wolverine.gif~c200

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ people, Joker DID NOT open the door for fucking anything under the sun making it into Smash.

Sega owns Atlus, Joker getting in is NOT that much of a stretch compared to what was already in the game prior to is reveal. Stop overreacting already.

Like I posted above, Joker was also in Persona Q2, which released in Japan about two weeks ago.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Remember, Samus and Link were almost in Ultimate Alliance 1. It's not the first Ninty/Marvel crossover.

I bet they will try to push Carol Danvers on us

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
It also doesnt mean it isnt. They should open it up to all characters. Smash would be better for it.
Nah. Smash is a video game crossover and has always been intended as such, and that has not changed. Otherwise it would have changed when Ultimate was announced if it was going to.

Smash isn't Mugen.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It's funny how even after Cloud, Ridley and Joker people still keep saying some things are impossible. I don't think it's going to happen but far stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.