• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I also don't like rac's No Almuerzo suggestion, but I've seen rac do that before

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Vote: Meatwad

If there's one thing I remember about Scum Meatwad, it's that he definitely has a tendency to sheep reads, so seeing him come in and follow along the general narrative against Polter feels pretty in line with that.
tenor.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What does this reaction mean? I still stand by my Meatwad read, I just voted Oreo because people were talking about him, I was generally in agreement, but no one was putting their money where their mouth was.

Right now I'd say Meatwad is looking worse of the two, no defense and no other reads yet.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I'm early Town leaning on Fran, Vere, Chugg, and Rac? Wouldn't see myself voting for any of them today yet at least. Polter can probably be added to that list too, I don't really have any issues after seeing more from him.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
From Meatwad and Oreo I would probably vote Meatwad, but I don't think either of them are our choice today, gut feeling says they're town voting town.

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't love that first Polter post, but what I've seen of him since seems to be more nervous townie than busy scum

Oct 25, 2017
Me and Oreo were scum buddies together back in Steven Universe. I think I have a pretty good read on his scum game because of that, but I don't know what is town game is like at all. His posts here don't feel like I expect scum Oreo to play though. Like I would expect scum Oreo to back down from this, but instead he doubled down on it. It's not the strongest read, but my gut is telling me he's good.

Oct 25, 2017
That Meatwad post isn't great. Feels the most scum like of everything I've seen, but I'm going to hold off on putting a vote there until later. Instead let's pressure vote!

Vote: Aeleus

What's going on Aeleus? What are your thoughts?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That Meatwad post isn't great. Feels the most scum like of everything I've seen, but I'm going to hold off on putting a vote there until later. Instead let's pressure vote!

Vote: Aeleus

What's going on Aeleus? What are your thoughts?

Which post are you referring to?
Was it the opening post ? If that's the case I might agree that it is just lazy.
Nothing after that stuck, it felt like coasting.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me oreo.
If it looks like you will have to leave the pack.
How would you feel about some of the dogs in here ?

Well, if I flip, you'll find that I'm Town, so I would look at those who claim I'm pocketing Polt

Also, I wouldn't go past a few scum just skimming by on the first day

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
What does this reaction mean? I still stand by my Meatwad read, I just voted Oreo because people were talking about him, I was generally in agreement, but no one was putting their money where their mouth was.

Right now I'd say Meatwad is looking worse of the two, no defense and no other reads yet.

Just that I'm also reminded of Meatwad's scum game lol, and I think you're right in that Meatwad doesn't look good.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I'm early Town leaning on Fran, Vere, Chugg, and Rac? Wouldn't see myself voting for any of them today yet at least. Polter can probably be added to that list too, I don't really have any issues after seeing more from him.
You been reading too far into the game. Are you scum?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
He's not that wrong though, it's mostly a waste of time to do reads like 12 hours into the day. Almost as if you want to say "I'm here" or something.
We're over halfway through the day and making reads is how we get things going, have discussions, and figure out someone to vote for. I don't give a fuck if they're shitty D1 reads based on almost nothing, at least it's something.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
We're over halfway through the day and making reads is how we get things going, have discussions, and figure out someone to vote for. I don't give a fuck if they're shitty D1 reads based on almost nothing, at least it's something.
What if I don't wanna have a discussion on these reads though? If they don't seem useful to me why would I comment on them or discuss them?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What if I don't wanna have a discussion on these reads though? If they don't seem useful to me why would I comment on them or discuss them?
Then find something you do want to talk about? We need to talk about things on D1, I tend to talk about my sick and always accurate shitty reads.
I'm just trying to understand if you're doing this truly because of what you say or because of you.
I mean, it's both. I do think discussing reads, even if they don't have much behind them, is something to bring to the table on D1 and hear others thoughts on. Maybe they agree or disagree, whatever, content is made and then other people might have thoughts on those topics or how people reacted to those topics, or check back later in the game and see who was avoiding who or being accused or voted for or whatever. I find sitting in silence to be annoying when I come to play, and I'm not the biggest fan of mechanics discussion or role speculation on D1 unless it's like a really elaborate game design that encourages it, so I tend to just nitpick people's posts and find reasons to give them an early, and thus admittedly weak and not permanent, Town or Scum read and throw votes around to see what happens on the one day where we have like nothing to go off of but our own role.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I wont grace that with an answer nin, it's a dumb question.

I agree with you that D1 reads are not very useful, but till now I dont think someone tried to pressure you into throwing out D1 reads. I dont get this line of questioning, has nothing to do with whether Fanto wants to do and discuss D1 reads.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I agree with you that D1 reads are not very useful, but till now I dont think someone tried to pressure you into throwing out D1 reads. I dont get this line of questioning, has nothing to do with whether Fanto wants to do and discuss D1 reads.
I don't find anything inherently wrong with D1 reads, my problem is that most of the time you appear to be busy by doing them, and that can buy you a few days since usually. Fanto knows by now they're not really useful and from the games I read I've never seen anyone really go back to D1 and look at his reads and take them into account. I'm not saying he's scum, just food for thought.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly kind of frustrated by this topic and don't know how to respond without getting upset, so I'm just going to take a break for this evening. Like, I just don't really appreciate being told that me playing the game how I prefer to play is a waste of time and that I'm useless, which might not be the intended message, but it's the one I'm getting right now.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm honestly kind of frustrated by this topic and don't know how to respond without getting upset, so I'm just going to take a break for this evening. Like, I just don't really appreciate being told that me playing the game how I prefer to play is a waste of time and that I'm useless, which might not be the intended message, but it's the one I'm getting right now.
Just know that I appreciate you Fanto! Even if we haven't played all that much yet.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
You're definitely not useless and you can play the game however you want. I didn't mean to upset anyone, but you gotta understand sometimes we can't distinguish a genuine play vs a mafia player making the same play. The only thing I can do is provide theories.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You're definitely not useless and you can play the game however you want. I didn't mean to upset anyone, but you gotta understand sometimes we can't distinguish a genuine play vs a mafia player making the same play. The only thing I can do is provide theories.
Yeah like I get the general sentiment, but it's like, I'm giving my thoughts on the game, if people want to accuse me of doing busy work or scum read me for it, that's up to them, but I just kind of took it personally when it was getting into talk of wasting time and how useful it is, because I do not feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm playing this game, I'm having fun, and I like to think my thoughts can be useful to someone at least.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's all good though, I get what you meant, I was just reading too much into it I think.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
This conversation is stupid.

When are you NOT frustrated though?
In my book it's your baseline. When you act nice you are either scum or you had a bad day
Was there a point to this?
Also i dont act nice when i had a bad day? Thats just weird.
Very reductive, pretty interesting, much consideration.

This is a pocket.

For one, everyone would need to claim part of their role name without understanding if it would hurt them later (read: Avatar Mafia with 'I'll eat your Face' Stan) and secondly, it's easier for mechanics fluff to take away most of the day's content. Especially on D1.
I completely support this characterisation of me in avatar.
Idk how some of you saw something on some posts you felt weird, nothing in day 1 never feels weird to me anymore. It's par of the course.
This post is weird.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Also lol fuck no on the rng idea.
Like i could add to the argument about it being unproductive to future reading but really its just fuckin boring.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Im going to opportunistically jump onto the suspicion of Meatwads opportunism dont at me.

vote: Meatwad

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
OK, Coolest's attitude is kinda putting me off right now.

Vote: CoolestSpot

I don't expect this to take off, but I want to make a statement.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Yeah like I get the general sentiment, but it's like, I'm giving my thoughts on the game, if people want to accuse me of doing busy work or scum read me for it, that's up to them, but I just kind of took it personally when it was getting into talk of wasting time and how useful it is, because I do not feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm playing this game, I'm having fun, and I like to think my thoughts can be useful to someone at least.
I would never ever make any personal attacks, this is just a game after all, and you're right we're all here to have fun. But anyway yeah all good, my bad.

OK, Coolest's attitude is kinda putting me off right now.

Vote: CoolestSpot

I don't expect this to take off, but I want to make a statement.
The thing with coolestspot is that I would say this is how he normally acts but I don't remember ever seeing him as town, only as scum. I wouldn't be opposed to voting him.
Vote: Coolestspot

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would never ever make any personal attacks, this is just a game after all, and you're right we're all here to have fun. But anyway yeah all good, my bad.

The thing with coolestspot is that I would say this is how he normally acts but I don't remember ever seeing him as town, only as scum. I wouldn't be opposed to voting him.
Vote: Coolestspot
I just won a game as town