• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Because it's not fun. Just play the game instead of trying to exploit it.

Also, We had this discussion plenty of times (a long time ago) and there is plenty of reasons why it helps giving scum info.

If I claim that I targeted a town read player it will pretty obvious that I have a protective PR. If I claim that I targeted a scum read it's likely that I have an investigative role. If I'm scumreading someone, claim that I targeted that player last night and now I'm no longer scumreading them it's very likely that I'm a cop.

But, mostly because it's a cheap way to play.

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
technical name for a lynch bomb versus nk bomb sounds like. that is an oddly specific one.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Also, We had this discussion plenty of times (a long time ago) and there is plenty of reasons why it helps giving scum info.

If I claim that I targeted a town read player it will pretty obvious that I have a protective PR. If I claim that I targeted a scum read it's likely that I have an investigative role. If I'm scumreading someone, claim that I targeted that player last night and now I'm no longer scumreading them it's very likely that I'm a cop.

Yeah, when you put it that way it actually is pretty lame.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Do we really need a role that only can find a bomb?

Also I find it unlikely that you didn't googled that. In DS you googled your fake claim.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's giving me pause on the Meatwad vote now, but it also seems word it doesn't defuse? Wonder if the way around it is just not to hammer

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017

think with a lot of roles that don't target people in particular will provide smokescreen to any give aways like what you are talking about. i agree it gives scum another data point to sift through in trying to find PRs, but in an all pr game....does that matter nearly as much. what it does do is make sure that town has good info about what prs did what when they flip, if it matters who they targeted in retrospect.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
not gonna lie, the claim made me frighten for my life though

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly far less of a deal than the "You're just lynching your Cop" post made me think at first, that's for sure. Strange claim tbh.

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
and idk i dont think its any more lame than a cop coming out with 4 greens and a red late in the game. its the nature of the game. make a role madness game, get discussion on night actions. :shockedpikachuface:

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My feels on the claim

giphy.gif

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's certainly far less of a deal than the "You're just lynching your Cop" post made me think at first, that's for sure. Strange claim tbh.

I'd like to think if I was going to make something up to avoid getting lynched it would be a more compelling role yeah. I don't typically google for "marginally useless mafia roles"

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
but its a moot point, if consensus is to not do it, we don't do it. still think pik is way worse from a EV standpoint that discussing it after the fact though, so curious why people are good with that but not with the next morning.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think if I was going to make something up to avoid getting lynched it would be a more compelling role yeah. I don't typically google for "marginally useless mafia roles"

You woud use roles within the pool of fake roles that your GM gave you. It would be too risky to create a fake claim in a Role Madness. It depends how obscure Reki was with those fake roles.

Oct 25, 2017
but its a moot point, if consensus is to not do it, we don't do it. still think pik is way worse from a EV standpoint that discussing it after the fact though, so curious why people are good with that but not with the next morning.

Doing it during the day for that night is usually with a good way to tell where someone's head at and since all sorts of nonsense can go down at EoD, it doesn't really give scum anything, because the smart thing is to assume those probably changed

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
ah but you knew that it would seem an outrageous role to claim, thereby making it the perfect role to claim to win over the peoples minds and hearts.

i'm on to you meatwad.

in that i'm still voting oreo

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's my feels on Meatwad and on you. Your claim isnt any better. In fact, it's worse.

Fair enough! But I haven't shared my role name, and only some vague details about it.

I don't want to share the full title, but may do so if enough people express that it's in town's current best interest, regardless of my own interest :[

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
Doing it during the day for that night is usually with a good way to tell where someone's head at and since all sorts of nonsense can go down at EoD, it doesn't really give scum anything, because the smart thing is to assume those probably changed
its basically just asking for top scum and top town, and maybe the player you are most invested in. disagree on saying it doesnt give scum anything, if there is a wide consensus there it definitely impacts how they would think

Oct 25, 2017
Like if it was a bomb detector and the solution was just not to hammer I would feel better about it, but it seems like it detects a town role and that's fucking weird

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Light pressure and both oreo and Meatwad roll over and claim.

Both are kind of weak IMO which is a good cover for fake scum claims.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Like if it was a bomb detector and the solution was just not to hammer I would feel better about it, but it seems like it detects a town role and that's fucking weird

I'm thinking in this game it's a scum role to give scum a little extra juice, Like if scum super saint is found out they can take out the person who hammers them
Because yeah a town role meant to investigate and out another town role would be strange

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
But, how do you feel about he claiming that he was a cop?
That is what's weird as fuck about the claim, yeah. He made it seem like a far bigger deal than it was, and apparently didn't look up what a Super Saint was before claiming even.

My point was more that weird roles with limited use-cases are definitely fair game in Role Madness.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Light pressure and both oreo and Meatwad roll over and claim.

Both are kind of weak IMO which is a good cover for fake scum claims.
Indeed. I can at least see Town Meatwad claiming like that a bit, though the whole cop bit is weird. But at least Meatwad came out with it relatively fast.

Meanwhile oreo has baited cop checks and is being cagey with stuff like "my role takes time to be useful" and so on.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Yikes meatwad, fucking yikes. Right now I wish we could have 3 lynches in 1 so we can take out all 3 of oreo, meatwad and coolest. But I'll leave coolest since he's the new developments are pretty major to ignore.
Vote: Oreomunsta Tbh both look terrible, I can go for either, I flipped a coin and it landed on oreo.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I claimed cop because the role is cop-ish but I wanted to maintain some level of secrecy over my role. Then Fanto responded and I felt pressure to just come clean because I knew I set expectations too high

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If Meatwad flips scum I would lynch Geno next:

Yikes meatwad, fucking yikes. Right now I wish we could have 3 lynches in 1 so we can take out all 3 of oreo, meatwad and coolest. But I'll leave coolest since he's the new developments are pretty major to ignore.
Vote: Oreomunsta Tbh both look terrible, I can go for either, I flipped a coin and it landed on oreo.

This coin flip thing is really scummy.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I'm willing to claim if it's in Town's best interests, but it basically paints a bullseye on me for scum and guides them to when to NK me :/