1. AgentStrange

AgentStrange
    Member OP

• New suit
    • The suit has a sword attachment and a grenade launcher/flamethrower attachment
    • Super Shotgun has a grappling hook attachment called the Meat Hook
    • Grapple demons like Scorpion but accelerate towards them versus pulling them to you
    • Combat Shotgun has a full automatic alt fire mode
    • SWORDS
    • New weapon, the Ballista, shoots explosive bolts that can pin demons
    • OG style Plasma Gun is back
    • DOOM SLAYER has a dash and can swing from poles a la Assassin's Creed
    • Extra life pickups?
    • Invasions, take control of a demon and invade another player's game a la Dark Souls
    • Non-demonized human npcs will be present
    • Multiple locations, Earth and Phobos to name two
    • New glory kills and demons
    • Reimagined demons from the last game and from Classic Doom
    • "Destructible demons" - demons will visually start losing bits of flesh and stuff as they take damage
    • idSoft are building a "DOOM universe"
    • Lots of lore
    • Game runs on idTech 7
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. How about Daisy ?

3. D65

D65

oh no... the gameplay look like they added some bulletstorm shit in this game ;(

ugh

4. bshock

bshock

Predator style shoulder cannon that appears to have multiple modes of fire (shootable mines, flamethrower.)

5. Richter1887

Richter1887

GIVE IT TO ME NOW

6. Regret

Regret

Wait what? Gameplay looks amazing.

7. Manu

Manu

IT'S EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE

8. Tizoc

Tizoc

Hopefully we can mod the shotgun SFX to sound even more badass.

9. HStallion

HStallion

After watching the whole thing I think what i liked most was the overall package leaning into the more old school roots of the IP. It feels like a modern take on old school Doom that keeps a lot of the quirkiness but modernizes it. Even the map design felt decidely old school with how it worked, I hope they have some labyrinths in the final game with a variety of keys and hidden areas. Even the map screen itself felt like a call back to the original games.

I also really enjoyed the increased gore on the enemies. I love blowing chunks out of my foes and knowing just how close to death they are by the fact they've had entire sections of their body removed by my firepower.

10. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Bets on this being "heaven"?

[​IMG]

11. ASarafanov

ASarafanov
    Banned Member

Perfect for my #Switch

12. Salty AF

Salty AF

Not feeling these graphics, gotta be honest.

13. ChaosSmurf

ChaosSmurf

Going through the gameplay again now. UI element in bottom left is the dashes, shows two and they recharge SUPER fast (could be debug/easy mode for recording, of course). Shoulder mount is in the bottom right, as are weapon addons. Some only have one (SS, the sniper/machine gun) others have two icons, one of which is lit up. Can't remember how switching worked in the first remake, but I believe it was just on the fly.

14. NotLiquid

NotLiquid

GRAPPLING HOOK

IN

DOOM

15. Probably the best gameplay reveal I've seen this year.

16. Servbot24

Servbot24

Holy cow that suit looks great.

17. Vertpin

Vertpin

God I cannot wait for this...take your time, ID/Bethesda.

18. Pastebutty

Pastebutty

I've not watched the full presentation but can someone tell if they've done away with the mechanic where you get your pick ups from the close up kills please? I've just watched a s min gameplay vid and all the pick ups were on the floor like original Doom.

19. Hektor

Hektor
    Community Resettler Member

CEO: What are your ideas for a DOOM sequel?

Dev: Well, like the first game i guess...?

CEO: ...and?

Dev: ...with Grappling Hooks and Lightsabers?

CEO: OH FUCK YES SHIP IT NOW

20. Helacious

Helacious

Can you imagine all the custommaps using the hook? Shits going to be crayyyy

21. Richter1887

Richter1887

It is still in.

Though it seems they made glory kills less important and more optional.

22. Psyrgery

Psyrgery

They took my goty 2016.

And made it even gotier.

Had a nerdgasm when I saw the classic zombiemen, classic plasmagun, classic mancubi

Doomguy is even more agile and fast now wtf

And the action is OVER THE TOP!!!

I NEED THIS

23. CattleCalypto

CattleCalypto
    Banned Member

[​IMG]

so Demon's check under their bed for this man at night?

24. Pastebutty

Pastebutty

Lovely, cheers for the info. I really liked that feature so I'm glad it's still there. Will check the full thing out later.

25. BigJeffery

BigJeffery

I think there's a bunch of lore in Do4M written by the Demon's perspective where they talk about how scared shitless they are of the DoomGuy.

26. Ravelle

Ravelle

*extremely demon voice*

The Doom Slayer

*Super Sick guitar riffs*

[​IMG]

27. Hektor

Hektor
    Community Resettler Member

Isn't that essentially the summary of all demon audiologs in NuDoom

28. ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster
    Community Resetter Member

Maybe.

29. OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard

This looks unbelievable. I cannot wait. And I'm double-dipping on a brand new game at launch, which will be weird.

30. Slam Tilt

Slam Tilt

Exactly what I wanted -- more of the same manic DOOM gameplay, no open-world sandbox buzzword battle royale microtransactions GaaS crap.

Rip and Tear.. anywhere... DAY ONE!

31. Piccoro

Piccoro

Will it be in 60fps on consoles like Doom 2016? (except Switch)

32. ChaosSmurf

ChaosSmurf

Map screen has that Demonic Corruption bar on it, which with the colour of the area you've explored and the stuff you haven't, suggest some kind of level progression track with a bonus for completion. Another way to ask for exploration, along with the Secrets, I guess.

Listeneed to the Doom soundtrack a lot and this sounds like it's all new music to me, in the same style.

No UI change after the Blood Punch powerup is picked up, which would suggest it's just permanent. You can see a new indicator after every glory kill to show the effect is in play, and it keeps appearing through the rest of that sequence.

Based on the "last life" pop up during the invasion bits, that's what the 1ups are for - but they said you can turn off invasions, so they probably have a use in regular gameplay as well (I'd guess you just respawn on the spot with mega damage/invulnerability or whatever)

33. ps PainTrain

ps PainTrain

Everyone should listen to this good man!

34. Psyrgery

Psyrgery

Noticed in the video something that looked like Big Gun from Quake2, and there's a Quake 2 logo in one of the concpet arts

35. the executions seems boring :\

36. galv

galv

Oh my. That second segment of high octane gameplay, with all the new mobility options...damn. I am super excited.

37. Nocturnowl

Nocturnowl

Oh baby, that slick travel potential of the grapple using unfortunate foes to boost jumps, I love it.

38. Tohsaka

Tohsaka

They mentioned 60FPS during the stream, so I'd assume so.

39. scitek

scitek

I like the mid-air dash in addition to the grappling hook. Should make for some really fun vertical gameplay.

40. pswii60

pswii60

Oh yes they've kept it 60fps on consoles, very nice. Cannot wait!

41. D65

D65

God I just hope the campaign is better than the first game...

42. FreshCakes

FreshCakes

That looked phenomenal, I really need to play the first one.

43. Zukkoyaki

Zukkoyaki

I'm so ridiculously pumped for this game! They could have given me nothing but more Doom 2016 and it would have been great but adding shit like swords, grappling hooks and a greater focus on lore?! Game of the generation contender.

44. Richter1887

Richter1887

I am starting to feel like we might be dimension hopping. That would be awesome because that might mean we would see the world of Quake 1 and the world of Quake 2. Maybe even go back to the original Doom dimension.

I say this because it seems like there are plenty of classic demon design and weapons mixed in with with the new designs from Doom 4 and 3.

45. tatsu123

tatsu123

Id Tech 7 you say? Weird. Wonder what the improvements are. The game definitely LOOKS better, but not by much.

46. D65

D65

It kinda looks like they did nothing to solve the issue with the weapons being way too good for the demons. In fact, it looks a bit like an expansion pack. That's a good and bad thing. The game isn't improved much but at least it isn't worse.

47. scare_crow

scare_crow

Oh thank god Doom lore...

48. First game had a fantastic campaign but this looks like the best FPS of all-time. The mobility, all the tools at your disposal, the verticality. Fantastic.

49. ginger ninja

ginger ninja

I am more intrigued by what they mean "Doom Universe" to be. Are they finally following up on the all games are connected theory.

50. Maneil99

Maneil99
    Banned Member

No word on PvP yet