• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've been struggling to survive with all 4 members in the 3.3k boss fight, the healer character just doesn't seem like she wants to heal at all, I had to rely on Phoenix to heal my team, sometimes even having to summon her before the boss just to get a heal. Should I still try the standard raid? I don't want to be a proper leech.

What healer are you using?

I use Verica, and if I'm soloing something hard-ish, I play as her. Or at least make sure to switch to her when someone's getting hurt. The AI is not very good at building up skills so you're gonna have to babysit your healer rather than hope they'll always handle it fine.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
You guys should pump all your Eldwater into a 5* Melody and join the cool memers.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
What healer are you using?

I use Verica, and if I'm soloing something hard-ish, I play as her. Or at least make sure to switch to her when someone's getting hurt. The AI is not very good at building up skills so you're gonna have to babysit your healer rather than hope they'll always handle it fine.
Verica too.

Damn, the AI is really that bad, huh...? I guess I'll do what you do then. Thanks.

Actually one more question, do you build skills by hitting enemies?

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, this is kind of what I expected. I know it's a Nintendo/CyGames partnership, but from what I read it's a CyGames title through and through (which is why you don't get any gold coins/Nintendo Account integration with Dragalia Lost), so any time something account-related happens, you need to rely on CyGames to fix it, and since they're a Japanese company with very little presence (as of now) outside of Japan...that doesn't bode well.

I don't blame you for not wanting to start up again if you can't get your account recovered. Honestly, I'd feel the same way. I know the game is still in its early stages, but to start from stage 1 after sinking as much time into it (as yourself and I have) only to lose it because of something like this, I know I'd be frustrated too. Here's hoping something positive results from this!
Damn that really sucks.
As much as I want to be positive, I wouldn't put much hope in their support team.
The very limited launch also kinda signal they probably don't have enough man power as of right now.

Yeah. At first i thought this game would at least have Nintendo support team helping to maintain the game outside of jp there so everytime there is problem, there is a way for them to solve it for us.

But seems by how slow their repsonse is right now, i dont see it happening anymore. As i already both reported for help both in the app and through email to support team but to no avail till now. Guess i will just move away and check how u guys enjoy the game here.^_^

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Is there guide on how to raise might? I'm not done with the story yet but I'm pretty sure I've got everything unlocked. Do I need to stick with that? My water team is at 4.2k and I can do the raid boss on standard di far.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Verica too.

Damn, the AI is really that bad, huh...? I guess I'll do what you do then. Thanks.

Actually one more question, do you build skills by hitting enemies?

It's not that bad but the AI is generally not going to attack very intelligently, and especially for the raid you want to keep an eye on her as she won't get half damage as she's not water. She's usually the one on my team getting hurt on Standard, though that's ok enough since it lets me retreat a little and quickly build + use her skills before switching away. If it was someone else being hurt... it can be hard to deal with as they're going to continue running into danger while you switch to Verica to heal.

And yup, hitting is what builds the skills, though honestly I haven't looked into the exact mechanics so I'm not sure if stuff like combos matter?

Is there guide on how to raise might? I'm not done with the story yet but I'm pretty sure I've got everything unlocked. Do I need to stick with that? My water team is at 4.2k and I can do the raid boss on standard di far.

Everything raises it. Level, mana circle, weapon, print, dragon (and their bond level?), etc.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
It's not that bad but the AI is generally not going to attack very intelligently, and especially for the raid you want to keep an eye on her as she won't get half damage as she's not water. She's usually the one on my team getting hurt on Standard, though that's ok enough since it lets me retreat a little and quickly build + use her skills before switching away. If it was someone else being hurt... it can be hard to deal with as they're going to continue running into danger while you switch to Verica to heal.

And yup, hitting is what builds the skills, though honestly I haven't looked into the exact mechanics so I'm not sure if stuff like combos matter?
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any other way to GET Eldwater, besides dupes? I am NOT whaling.
You can get a very tiny amount of it from the raid summon. Like 100 a pop.
atm you can only get a little bit daily
You get 1500 for completing each campaign chapter on hard mode (for a total of 9,000 including all 6 chapters). You can also get a bunch from collecting emblems from the raid event. Selling 3* and 4* wyrmprints and dragons gives 150 and 1,000 eldwater, respectively.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Selling spare prints and dragons is going to be the big source I think. You do not need very many of them, and in the case of prints many of them are particularly not worth using, so they're often safe to sell imo.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You get 1500 for completing each campaign chapter on hard mode (for a total of 9,000 including all 6 chapters). You can also get a bunch from collecting emblems from the raid event. Selling 3* and 4* wyrmprints and dragons gives 150 and 1,000 eldwater, respectively.
Yes but the non event/ one time gain stuff is hyper limited atm. You are not going to amassing eld water any time soon for 5 stars at a reasonable rate atm if you are f2p

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Im gonna admit im cheating my Might with Denka but he has a WP that reduced fire damage so that helps him stay alive o3o a bit.

So far the common demoninator on "easily" beating Expert (other that people not being drooling morons) is Phoenix.

ALso Sunday can not come faster? i need to farm water orbs to mana circle ARMSMASTER.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Are these 3000 might people actually killing the expert raid boss for them to keep showing up ?

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Are these 3000 might people actually killing the expert raid boss for them to keep showing up ?
nope, anything under 6.5K (and im being generous here) dies to fast what brings a 16 people raid to a 12 people raid, not enough DPS to finish within the proper time

BTW: is it normal for it to take that long for people to datamine the exact values (damage/ healing) of the skills?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

you can thank inspirational quotes such as:

"you can do anything if you just put your mind to it"

"edison failed 1000 times before he succeeded"

and all the other shit we feed our children

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but the non event/ one time gain stuff is hyper limited atm. You are not going to amassing eld water any time soon for 5 stars at a reasonable rate atm if you are f2p
Right, but even as a whale you need eight 5*s before you have enough to turn a 4* into a 5*. It's obviously not meant to be a short-term investment - and considering the story characters (as well as freebie event characters) are all 4*s, it'd be sensible to consider even having a 5* a luxury thing - a nice to have, something of a boon, but otherwise completely unnecessary.

What's "reasonable" depends on how your calibrate your standards, basically.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
im sure eld water will become more abundant later on, it will make sense to keep it limited if it were only used of upgrading Adventurers of Rank, but 5th Tier Mana Circle uses it for the Upgrade Co-Op Nods

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Right, but even as a whale you need eight 5*s before you have enough to turn a 4* into a 5*. It's obviously not meant to be a short-term investment - and considering the story characters (as well as freebie event characters) are all 4*s, it'd be sensible to consider even having a 5* a luxury thing - a nice to have, something of a boon, but otherwise completely unnecessary.

What's "reasonable" depends on how your calibrate your standards, basically.
What's worse is that you also need 24k eldwater for each 5* on their top mana circle to improve their co-op ability

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Had a good run of hosting Standard; got 5 wins a row without anyone <4k joining, and even got some 8k and 9k folks.

Last 2 times did kill the boss without breaking their hands though...

now to do 121 blazions and get the heck to sleep before the reset tempts me... I couldn't sleep last night as is so staying up for the raid as a result didn't help, hah

(EDIT: well, that's a second Pele and enough orbs to get Cel her buff skill; should maybe upgrade Pele and put her on Verica now...?)

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I have one more very important tip that I saw this morning, and it helped a lot just now, that I forgot to tell you because I wasn't doing it enough myself before that...

Using skills gets you some invulnerability, and that applies for your entire team. If you try to keep a skill on hand, you can time it (which isn't that hard, at least on Standard) to protect everyone during, say the boss's big yellow circle spin attack; this will make things much much easier for you by making you have to care less about how the AI is doing. And it's annoying to try to get out of those to begin with, so it's helpful for your own HP too. You build skills really fast when you're going all out on the boss; thanks to that and dodging their attacks I had like a 50-60 combo going at points.

(Note that this does not apply for purple attacks! You need to physically be out of the way to not be hurt during those.)

That being said, still keep an eye on your healer at times. There was a time tonight where I noticed Orsem had about half health; popped over to Verica and the AI was sitting on both healing skills full for some unknown reason...

xelios

Dec 22, 2017
What's worse is that you also need 24k eldwater for each 5* on their top mana circle to improve their co-op ability

What's even worse is it's more than 24k for the four nodes at the top; the first node you buy is 6k and the cost increases from there, up to like 35k eldwater for the last node.

Also, some people have misunderstood it, but those nodes set your co-ability to that amount, not add that amount to it.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
What's even worse is it's more than 24k for the four nodes at the top; the first node you buy is 6k and the cost increases from there, up to like 35k eldwater for the last node.

Also, some people have misunderstood it, but those nodes set your co-ability to that amount, not add that amount to it.

Damn, didn't realise the cost increased per node. Was fairly sure that it only added up to the amount shown not added that much as you would be getting absolutely insane bonuses on a full team. Doesn't mean we couldn't dream lol.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
I have one more very important tip that I saw this morning, and it helped a lot just now, that I forgot to tell you because I wasn't doing it enough myself before that...

Using skills gets you some invulnerability, and that applies for your entire team. If you try to keep a skill on hand, you can time it (which isn't that hard, at least on Standard) to protect everyone during, say the boss's big yellow circle spin attack; this will make things much much easier for you by making you have to care less about how the AI is doing. And it's annoying to try to get out of those to begin with, so it's helpful for your own HP too. You build skills really fast when you're going all out on the boss; thanks to that and dodging their attacks I had like a 50-60 combo going at points.

(Note that this does not apply for purple attacks! You need to physically be out of the way to not be hurt during those.)

That being said, still keep an eye on your healer at times. There was a time tonight where I noticed Orsem had about half health; popped over to Verica and the AI was sitting on both healing skills full for some unknown reason...
Damn it, I thought this was another mindless gacha game, turns out it's another GBF... Well, at least this is better than those that relied solely on grind and gacha, there is actually gameplay in this. I'm so inept at smart phone action game though.

Also, wow at that AI...

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Wd4XVpI.jpg

Drops from Special version of the raid.

First clear bonus was a Twinkling sand as well

Thank god the other two who joined me and my bud were actual proper players finally. Lower scores than most of the people that quit at like 11k yet boss died with more than enough time because they actually knew how to use their skills to dodge shit and keep dpsing.

Might is stupid and I really wish I could kick people that dont join with full water teams on this particular one.

Like I know it's mean or whatever but quite frankly I don't give a fuck you are wasting everyone's time trying to queue for special if you don't meet the requirements to push it and not let your guys get insta 1 shot

Lawl. Might is basically ilvls :smirk:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, I thought this was another mindless gacha game, turns out it's another GBF... Well, at least this is better than those that relied solely on grind and gacha, there is actually gameplay in this. I'm so inept at smart phone action game though.

Also, wow at that AI...

Well, this is mainly for the raid. It obviously applies in general, but most of the time you can play without caring too much as long as you're strong enough. But you definitely can't be mindless here, hah. There's also that you're in a much bigger space for this, and so your AI party might not even be on screen/close enough to follow you if you try to dodge anyway, etc. so it's a good thing to do.

(I assume the AI was waiting for some low HP threshold, though that makes little sense since Verica's first skill is regen...)

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
What would you guys say is the minimum level to take on the expert raid would be so that I'm not a detriment to my squad?

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Finally built my team up to the point where I can fight the raid boss on standard difficulty well, and had a goid run. Pele is still elusive, though.

I've gotta say that I dramatically underestimated the benefits of upgrading to second tier three star weapons and improving Mana Circles even a little. The extra power and added skills make a huge difference.

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the raid on Expert, really fun event so far.

Raid before that we had a guy come in that was just under 6k, host started anyways. Turns out he only brought 2 characters. Still almost beat him, screenshot below is from right before we failed.

Seriously, how do you only bring 2 characters to the raid? At least throw some neutral characters in there!

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
0______0 got another 5 star thing out of the water specials, the same card instead of dragon/character.

Booooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.