• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
Just used those 3 free tickets we just got amd lucked out and got Lily Wish it was a dragon though.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I'm hoping I can get up to 7k might and beat the expert raid at least once, currently at 6600 but with a mixed team.

I have an all water team on deck but they're kinda low quality (two 3star, the story unit, and the new event unit, also not as high level as they could be really, like 30-40) and only 5.1k might. Might be good for the standard raid but I don't have much trouble there as it is.

I hopped into a few expert rooms just to see, and it's not pretty. Some really low number teams joining that aren't even water element. There should probably be a 7k might gate on it.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Used my tickets and got Leviathan. Nice. I want the game the break for like 2 hours while im sleeping now for some more :P

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
I have more question!

Is a 5* character of a non-weakness element better than a 4* character of the correct element? Say, for example, Ezelith vs Celliera/Elisanne against the current fire raid event boss. Assuming they are the same level and similarly weak 3* weapons. I would assume Elisanne should stay as she has the team attack buff skill, but how about Celliera?

I only have a 4* Phoenix in terms of gacha pull. The rest of my, I assume, usable dragons are from story(up to chapter 3) and from the event.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have more question!

Is a 5* character of a non-weakness element better than a 4* character of the correct element? Say, for example, Ezelith vs Celliera/Elisanne against the current fire raid event boss. Assuming they are the same level and similarly weak 3* weapons. I would assume Elisanne should stay as she has the team attack buff skill, but how about Celliera?

I only have a 4* Phoenix in terms of gacha pull. The rest of my, I assume, usable dragons are from story(up to chapter 3) and from the event.

Correct element will still be stronger currently. Frankly even a 3* unit of the correct element would probably be more worthwhile than a 5* incorrect element.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I "only" got a Lindworm from the gifted summons which is fine but I still only have Mercury as my only water dragon. Leviathan, Poseidon or even Poli'ahu would be nice.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Free Tickets: 3 star dragon, 3 star water attack unit, and Unicorn (4 star dragon). Ok, I won't complain about Unicorn.

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
I started with Dragalia on Wednesday and so far I really like it. Only thing I don't like that much is the controls to be honest.
I think I had a lot of luck with my pulls so far, though I don't know if these 5 star things I got are actually good or not.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So i haven't been paying super close attention but is there a general level at which a on enhanced weapon becomes as good as the weapon it was made from? I'm at the point I can make an elemental but putting the resources into fully leveling it through unbinding it seems daunting. Can't see myself doing that. Considering just hanging out at max level for the second level 3 stars. But if it's about the same might at level 20 on the elemental then I'll do it for the elemental advantage.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I "only" got a Lindworm from the gifted summons which is fine but I still only have Mercury as my only water dragon. Leviathan, Poseidon or even Poli'ahu would be nice.
Lindworm is pretty nice though, his special can clear the whole room if positioned right.
Also that sweet +30% strength boni on Light units.
Used my tickets and got Leviathan. Nice. I want the game the break for like 2 hours while im sleeping now for some more :P
Nice - congrats.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, check this guy I met in coop:

1rnOtAsl.jpg

14.4k might, those weapons are all 5*. Crazy

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, check this guy I met in coop:

1rnOtAsl.jpg

14.4k might, those weapons are all 5*. Crazy
Thats crazy haha - always interesting to see how fast some players reach the limit of what is possible in these games.

Apoloticket gave a dupe Lily. X.x

Getting a dupe adventurer feels so bad.
Bummer...at least it was just from a ticket and not the Rainbow in a multipull from wyrmites you saved.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer...at least it was just from a ticket and not the Rainbow in a multipull from wyrmites you saved.
True though, makes me wish I hadn't have pulled on the banner for her in the first place. xD

I dunno they need to buff the reward for a dupe. 3k elwater is a kick in the teeth really, especially since the 5* Adventurer rate is so low anyway. You need like 25k to promote a 4* to 5*.

I'd have honestly rathered a 5* wyrmprint, or even some 4* adventurers to round out my other elements over it.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Used my three free summon tickets and got... another 5* wyrmprint. Which would make that my 7th 5* wyrmprint since starting the game, versus 1 5* dragon and 1 5* character that I only got because I shelled out for the pack that guaranteed you one.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Those three tickets were effectively converted into 450 Eldwater because I summoned three 3* characters I already had.

So with that I promoted Estelle to 4* because she's cute and I wanted a healer with two skills.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
What matters more in getting your might up - character level, weapon level, mana nodes, or wrymprints?

Struggling to break into 6k with my water team, not sure where to focus on first (spread out or just on main Lily)

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
What matters more in getting your might up - character level, weapon level, mana nodes, or wrymprints?

Struggling to break into 6k with my water team, not sure where to focus on first (spread out or just on main Lily)

All of the above, really. The more you invest in a certain category the harder it will be to improve that category further, so you should spread your time out over improving each of them. This counts for your team members as well.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So how much effort is it to unlock the character from the event? I see she requires 400 friendship and so far I'm at like 48. Does finishing the event get you really close or do you have to grind?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So how much effort is it to unlock the character from the event? I see she requires 400 friendship and so far I'm at like 48. Does finishing the event get you really close or do you have to grind?

1 stamina = 1 friendship for normal quests, but 1 stamina = 2 friendship for any of the event quests. So if you put her on your raid team you need to spend 200 stamina worth of quests to unlock her permanently.

Oct 26, 2017

Easy. She even gains friendship if she is on your team for things like avenue of Fortune. So just take her on all your daily bonuses in addition to the raid event and she'll be yours.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
1 stamina = 1 friendship for normal quests, but 1 stamina = 2 friendship for any of the event quests. So if you put her on your raid team you need to spend 200 stamina worth of quests to unlock her permanently.

Easy. She even gains friendship if she is on your team for things like avenue of Fortune. So just take her on all your daily bonuses in addition to the raid event and she'll be yours.

Awesome. Thanks you two.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
My first successful run on the standard raid boss came at literally the last possible moment. Like...the timer ticked from 0:01 to 0:00 as the last hit struck. Whew!
In fairness one of the other players disconnected halfway through, so I'm sure our team damage output suffered. The raid's been fun so far but I'm not a big fan of the summon showcase stuff. I already had plenty of water units I don't really like using and now I'll wind up with even more.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How viable is Cleo as a healer in Expert Raid? I'm trying to decide if I want to make any other 10-pulls under this banner since I already have Lily and two Levi's. I have no blue healers unfortunately (besides Cleo I only have 3 star Aurien as another healer). I've only made 4 total 10-summons under this account so I don't have a lot of adventurers.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Starting to be able to clear standard pretty consistently, so I guess the next step is to get to 7k might (sitting at 6.6k) and try that expert raid. Kinda difficult to know where I should push it though, since I have shit for wyrmprints and dragons. Don't want to have invest too much into 3* and 4* placeholders, so I guess it's back to the power xp mines.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
What should I be aiming for in terms of dragons for the raid? I only have 1 water dragon, the one from the story. I have drawn a 5* wind and 4* light dragon and have all the story dragons. Should I farm for dupe copies of the story water dragon or is what I got good enough for high levels of the raid?

I am currently running 4 water characters, including the 3* water healer. I have a 3* water elemental weapon (non binded) on 2 characters, and a 4* tier 2 weapons (fully binded) on the event character and my healer. I'm trying to decide if I should max out an elemental or push for 4* tier 2 weapons to continue the raid?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
So here's a bit of a high-level problem & possible workaround for the rather questionable economy the event has fashioned:

Hosting an Expert raid takes 45min of stam regen

For every Expert raid hosted, 3 people need to join, i.e. 2 x 3 x 1h = 6hrs worth of wings regen

(incidentally hosting a Special takes 0stam, and 3 wings i.e. 9hrs worth of stam regen but let's leave that aside for now and focus on Expert)

This creates an ecosystem that because of the zero-sum nature of raids, for every 45min of stam regen spent on the event, 6hrs of wings need to come from somewhere, and the top level of the playerbase is EXTREMELY wing-deprived. Even moreso when factoring Special into this, since Special drops a SHIT TON more gold badges for its wings investment.

Incidentally, I feel Cygames expected people to dump their remaining stam on other battles- HOWEVER, since most high-end folks would want to grab the limited twinkle sparks and sunstones only gold badges matter. The drawboxes also are a rather good source of rupie and mana all else being considered. The result is incredibly long waiting times trying to burn a stamina bar on hosting raids, which is then frequently ruined by idiot 4k Ezeliths/etc joining, readying up and sitting there. Doing this regularly in a group of 4 doesn't quite help either since, again, if everyone hosted once and joined the other 3's raids, you'd empty your wings and only spend 15 stam.

***HYPOTHETICAL TERRITORY ***
What I'm going to attempt do, which requires a sufficient power level (say, touching 9k water team and a 2.8-3k main) is pair up with someone, join each other's raids, then retreat right before the boss dies. Duo takes turns hosting. The host gets host loot, the other gets no loot but had no cost. This:
+ allows the duo to infinitely burn stam at no wing cost, alleviating the massive resource discrepancy that the event generated
+ generally is faster to get a host->kill going since two geared folks should be able to take down Expert regardless if the other two slots are bad 5k Ezeliths, but on top of that geared folk are more likely to stay when joining a room with 2 9k water mains already in it
+ allows ALL wing regen to go into joining pub Specials for more loot
- takes twice as long to get the same amount of loot, albeit probably still faster than waiting around with a hosted room
- requires 2 wings available to make this work (even though they get refunded) which is vastly inconvenient when factoring in joining Specials, etc.
- rhythm can get broken by a Special proccing because whoever procced it probably wants to host it ASAP

This is operating on the assumption there isn't some kind of cap on how much you can retreat before it starts deducting wings anyway, etc. AFAIK right now the entire game only ever deducts stam/wings if you complete the mission.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Starting to be able to clear standard pretty consistently, so I guess the next step is to get to 7k might (sitting at 6.6k) and try that expert raid. Kinda difficult to know where I should push it though, since I have shit for wyrmprints and dragons. Don't want to have invest too much into 3* and 4* placeholders, so I guess it's back to the power xp mines.

Another thing is to feed dragons that you use food/clovers because a dragons friendship level increases might too i believe.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't get how people can clear expert with that low might..
I have seen multiple raids failing with 10k or 9k total might..
I suppose it depends a lot by HOW much is strong your main dps unit used..

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Did a few more 10 draws from this banner and managed to get another 5* character(Maribelle). Got a few dupes so I went and promoted a 3* just for giggles.

team15dfz.png

Hopefully this is alright for general content and will last me a while. I really don't want to have to build teams for every element in this game lol

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't get how people can clear expert with that low might..
I have seen multiple raids failing with 10k or 9k total might..
I suppose it depends a lot by HOW much is strong your main dps unit used..

I have not been in expert raids so I couldn't tell you. What I've seen from standard though tends to be that people aren't doing the raid mechanics and using skill iframes to keep their team alive.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I have not been in expert raids so I couldn't tell you. What I've seen from standard though tends to be that people aren't doing the raid mechanics and using skill iframes to keep their team alive.

To be fair, i wouldn't begin to know how to do that. I can't even tell which ones are my people in the crowd. I can only keep track of haracter I control.

Oct 26, 2017
How viable is Cleo as a healer in Expert Raid? I'm trying to decide if I want to make any other 10-pulls under this banner since I already have Lily and two Levi's. I have no blue healers unfortunately (besides Cleo I only have 3 star Aurien as another healer). I've only made 4 total 10-summons under this account so I don't have a lot of adventurers.

She's been great for me. Taken her on expert raids and she does enough to keep my team afloat, and she has solid damage output since she is dark and will do nuetral damage to every element, and bonus against light. Skill prep makes it so she can pop the shield skill right before the boss does his first big AOE and thus your entire team avoids that first hit. I would recommend making the 4* staff that grants an additional healing skill, and shell do even better.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Slowly crawling up the might ladder now that I'm mana starved, at 7.4k now. I'm so jealous of the people that are getting back-to-back 5* units since I only have Hildegarde and Agni.

Status
Not open for further replies.