• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So, kind of doing my own thing and enjoying the game. Now that I'm finally getting some gold champ sheets, who should I use it on first? I've only used it on Lily so far. 5-star Options are:

- Ezelith
- Mikoto
- Ieyasu
- Nefaria
- Hawk

Also have Verica and Addis who I hear are good to maybe promote up to 5-stars?

I would say to use them on the 5*s you like the most (though just for unlocking 5th circle + the skill node, not the item node); compared to promotion, it's not really a huge investment unless you're so lucky with 5* (which... maybe you are?) that you need to be picky. If you're planning to do high dragons with someone, prioritize them. In this case, that would be Mikoto for High Midgardsormr, with Ieyasu and Nefaria being almost certainly (the former is safer) viable for High Jupiter whenever that happens.

Ezelith is fine for wind IO and my impression is that Hawk is good for water IO as well, though Hawk is generally considered bad in general. Meanwhile, Addis is great for water IO, but I wouldn't promote him for that as he's great as is and he's not viable for a high dragon. You can promote Verica (I did) if you're going to use her for High Midgardsormr, or I guess maaaaybe if you're going to use her as your main healer (which I do as a byproduct of that)? In general I see 4*->5* promotion as only being a good idea for high dragons or if you really really really really like a character such that you're fine with the eldwater cost despite it not being the best idea gameplay-wise.

On that note... I spent some mana today to finally upgrade several units I'd meant to swap into my IO teams for a while, but it means I've again put off getting into the 5th circle for Nefaria and Xander due the other resources used. Guess I should stock up on the relevant scales again over the next week or so...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So second daily in a row I get another dragon. Yesterday was liger (thinking neat but I didnt need him, I still want Prometheus) I do a pull today, becomes a rainbow thinking okay plz be the wyrmprint or Prometheus ... its Cerberus, so now on my fire team I have a Mub Cerb/ Cerb 1/4. / Phoenix mub and Phoenix 2/4... I'm never getting him aren't I?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since I have no self-control, I decided to build a Sinoa for HMS as a DPS option now that Prometheus is out and I can guarantee survive even without Vanessa. Since I've literally pubbed Verica for MUB HMS AND Level 18 Fafnir statue, decided to build a DPS for some variety and to help out the huge influx of Verica's/V! Hilde's. I think a big factor why there's so many newbies joining HMS on top of just the banner being made for it (both 5* focus dragon and adventurer as well as 4* dragon and adventurer being HMS viable) is the fact that with no raid or facility event, people can actually dedicate their time to grinding the insignias they need for the Wyrmprint and weapons.

My runs were pretty solid overall, only issues were others dying early, my own screwups of getting stunned, and a very unique situation of timing out with 1% HP because the Sarisse was using Phoenix...

plqHzHH.jpg

With Prometheus, I find 2 Mikoto to be incredibly effective, just because of how much I can boost their DPS. With 2 HP Ups a Mikoto managed to literally live through getting hit by Tempest Trial twice, which was quite clutch. Some "almost clears" I had were with Euden/Mikoto, V! Ezelith/Vanessa, Sarisse/Vanessa, and Sarisse/Mikoto, if people didn't die midway through. Unfortunately didn't see any V! Hilde's in my hour of pubbing. While it can lead to some unlucky moments like rolling HP Up 5 times on my last Clear (it caps at 2, so subsequent HP up rolls are completely useless), I do enjoy the variety aspect of Sinoa's Buff, so that no two runs are completely identical like my dozens of Verica runs.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If energized applied on helper, it could be pretty solid. It'd only apply for the first use though.

Yeah I tested it with a friend last night. We tried for about 40 minutes with healers specifically and it works on the first use, which is great, but The numbers were not matching the same unit in party. We tested with both Vixel and Hildegarde, and the only conclusion for lower numbers on both helpers was that It is only using the first level of the ability. Obviously testing it could use more eyes but the print actually works great for the first use, so there's that. Overall Hobbies is better though.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So with V. Hildegarde I realized I can auto the Expert Wind IO consistently with my fire team, awesome stuff.

Also I have every limited adventurer released so far in past events:
H.Edward, H. Althemia, H. Elisanne
DY. Nefaria, DY. Xander, DY. Cleo
Sazanka, Addis, Ieyasu
V. Ezelith, V. Hildegarde.
Funnily enough the only one I'm missing is V. Orion who is a 3*, after doing about 10 tenfold summons and over 10 single pulls, he still eludes me.

To think a 3* would be the one to break the streak lol, here's hoping I get him before the banner ends, I cut it really close with Dragonyule Nefaria too

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got another Sinoa pub clear done real quick today.

Team makeup was V! Hilde, Mikoto, and Euden. Mikoto ended up dying to the Tempest Gales and I screwed up really badly towards the end trying to take the chaser hit and completely mistiming it. However, the Euden and V! Hilde were able to take care of the last bit of health needed for them clear. In groups like this where Mikoto and I died in a way where Verica couldn't save us either while we also were playing relatively competently up until that point, I can see the strength of V! Hilde since the Energize damage boosts were pretty important to give us the needed DPS for the clear. It's just one of those things where to choose between V! Hilde and Verica when it comes to pubs, you're gambling on whether you're gonna lose due to a lack of DPS or from people being out of position. I think generally speaking, the decision is either 70/30 or 60/40 in Verica's favor just because people potentially dying early is so common, but they're both compltely viable for HMS as a baseline. It's not like Aurien who is fairly unusable in HMS as a dedicated healer.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
you can take one of the... 7? now? V. Orions I've gotten

he won't stop showing up

but anyway... I've never gotten the 5*s nor some of the dragons (only D. Jeanne) but I've at least been lucky enough to get all the limited 3*/4*... even if I haven't really touched the Dragonyule ones at all

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a place where you can check your pity rate? Just blew a 5* pity pull on a wyrmprint :(((((((((((

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
The Void Battles better deliver with how much they are hyping them.

I'm curious whether a regular event will start at the same time. If not we should have some kind of special banner like a Dragon Special.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
wanted to save my wyrmite, for the next pull, but then I noticed that Phoenix was a little more probable to appear

so I did a 10 pull and got PHOENIX and V! Orion

woop woop, only one Phoenix left to max unbind

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The Void Battles better deliver with how much they are hyping them.

I'm curious whether a regular event will start at the same time. If not we should have some kind of special banner like a Dragon Special.

I'm curious how much grinding/farming you'll need for specific things if they rotate... It'll be a little frustrating if you're very slowed down by that.

I also wonder if they'll escalate beyond wind's might with the remaining one(?) or if they'll cap at 12k or so. Would be weird if they went beyond HMS's 13k despite (theoretically) being more accurate than that.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Did one last tenfold summon in hopes of getting Prometheus or the Wyrmprints, didn't get either but finally got V.Orion, so once again have all the limited time adventurers

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
*Daily Pull*
*5 star appears*
*Rose Prince Wyrmprint*

Well, can't complain. I'll add it to the wyrmprint collection. No V!Hildegarde or Prometheus for me with this event. At least I got a good amount of new units including Mikoto from my pulls at the beginning.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
New Void Battle Addendum Info: https://dragalialost.com/sp/en/news/information/4028

You know, it makes sense for the Fire Facility to be in the base game (through Void Battles) instead of a limited event so anyone can have access to it whenever they start playing Dragalia instead of like the past facilities, since it's quite the boon for HMS prep.

Last edited:

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I love how Prometheus' valentine story was a stealth Mym one.
Mym is a surprisingly great character, she risks being annoying with her love focused gimmick but it's written as being pretty genuine, unlike Elisanne who is just a big stinking pile of EURGH

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
550 facility level is such a grind from level 7 needing whatever it was.. 350 or 400? I need another event building that I can get up to 30 or so. :*(

how do I hold all these weapons
I just don't grind enough to even enhance a single level 5 weapon let alone getting it to the third level. It's outrageous how many resources are necessary for weapons in this game.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Aww man, the Valentine's wyrmprints are all being suggested when you Optimize your red team now.. not so sure they're actually all the best choices. I don't want to manually decide though. :*(

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't really need to optimize. There's enough "generically good for DPS" prints that you should have on hand to slap on anyone without really caring.

And resource-wise... I have so much materials from IO but haven't made above a 5.2.1 still. Wonder what Void weapons will actually require since I will probably mess around with those. Even if the cycling through the Void fights thing they're doing seems... not ideal for using them outside of it, due to the bane abilities and my assumption that elements will not be equal in strength.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see it like a bad thing. I'm all for new ways to play the game at the cost of reusing assets, over a much more crafted game overall but that evolves too slowly.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So much grind is needed for an advanced dragon trial. I have Euden (47/50) with a third tier five star sword (0 UBs), the wyrmprint fully leveled, and Prometheus (unbinded once) with max flame facilities and level 19 and 20 sword facilities and it's still not enough. The grind for the next level of sword facility takes so much time too. Guess this is what makes people want to spend money (still have spent $0).

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
So much grind is needed for an advanced dragon trial. I have Euden (47/50) with a third tier five star sword (0 UBs), the wyrmprint fully leveled, and Prometheus (unbinded once) with max flame facilities and level 19 and 20 sword facilities and it's still not enough. The grind for the next level of sword facility takes so much time too. Guess this is what makes people want to spend money (still have spent $0).
Since you have Prometheus, you can actually technically survive the whole fight even if your strength is a little on the lower side. I would try asking on the Discord and I'm sure others wouldn't mind helping.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Granted, I've been playing since launch week, but my F2P no pulls account has a HMS-viable fully unbound Euden with a 5T3 sword. I almost have completely maxed out (both level 29) dojos without a single Wyrmite spent.

Got the level 85 sword thanks to this event's ingot. It's definitely not easy, and you do need a gacha dragon if you don't have Pele, but the grind's not impossible. I actually didn't even get all the Hard mode Elwater yet, just been getting all the available Elwater from events after the Halloween event.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Void battles look pretty cool. Fire boosting statue, Crystals, weapons with banes... Looking forward to trying them tomorrow

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
did one last pull for Prometheus and got a 2nd V Hildegarde......but also got V. Ezelith so meh.

finally crafted/enhanceed some 4* gear and basically boosted all my parties bit ~500-700 might!! all teams are above 10,000 some nearing 12K!

Last edited:

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
did one last pull for Prometheus and got a 2nd V Hildegarde......but also got V. Exerith so meh.

finally crafted/enhanceed some 4* gear and basically boosted all my parties bit ~500-700 might!! all teams are above 10,000 some nearing 12K!

Man, for the whole valentine day run, I did 25 pulls until Prometheus was dropped last night(I did not want him, but I'll take him). I was so sad because I ran out of Wyver to pull V Hildegarde.

Went to bed and woke up at 12:00 am exactly this morning and did my discount roll out of pity...

Freaking got V Hildegarde that transformed mid-air low pick!!!

SO happy, I almost woke up my wife.

SO I am done with Valentines...onto the void battles.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
woop woop grinding mercury cause that's the most reliable kill I can do leaving the phone alone

so if I only were to get some of the stuff, beyond the sands and diplomas....what's the most valuable thing to get?

the holy water for the wyrmprints, right?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
woop woop grinding mercury cause that's the most reliable kill I can do leaving the phone alone

so if I only were to get some of the stuff, beyond the sands and diplomas....what's the most valuable thing to get?

the holy water for the wyrmprints, right?

Are we talking beyond all the priorities? Like after ingots, keys, etc.? Cause you should get absolutely all of that first. Even the 4* unbind items are worth it, since there are a couple good 4* prints and the steel brick might be useful for Void weapons, and even if not you could always use both bricks on a 4.3 to dismantle for +100 insignias. Even if you re-enhance one of the resulting 4.2s to have a 4.3.0 again, the total rupie cost would take less stamina/wings to earn than 100 insignias.

When I cash out my roses in a bit, after all the good stuff I'll probably be going... bow tablets (I have 600+ sword and 900+ staff but only 300ish something bow), both insignia types, and then indeed the consecrated water. I'm not exactly lacking it but it's the hardest to make up for outside of events.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I got all the ingots, keys, etc

but now Imma siding with the water cause at least I can regularly grind for tablets

got the big medals too

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I redeemed everything except the staff tablets. I'm in no rush to pick those up, considering I already have 500 of them.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got all the "essentials" from the treasure trade shop (ingots, keys, Sands, etc.) on my F2P no pulls account without a single ashes or honey spent. Even had some roses leftover for some water since these events are the only time they're really grindable. Overall, pretty satisfied with how they split up the rewards. While I didn't get everything, those things are pretty grindable or easily acquirable outside this event like orbs, tablets, gold, etc., so it's not like I missed out on much, and it's not like I clean out the treasure trade shop during normal facility events anyway.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I got everything I wanted (so the priorities and what I said above- ended up with like 1/3 of the consecrated water) without having to specifically farm, and with a few HMS runs included too which aren't optimal use of wings.

Will say I leveled once or twice, and I did use some honey. But that was just a couple nights where I had wings to burn at reset time, but didn't have a full 60 stamina for 3x expert IOs to get dailies out of the way before doing co-op on master. So that would probably only cover the waters, more or less.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Granted, I've been playing since launch week, but my F2P no pulls account has a HMS-viable fully unbound Euden with a 5T3 sword. I almost have completely maxed out (both level 29) dojos without a single Wyrmite spent.

Got the level 85 sword thanks to this event's ingot. It's definitely not easy, and you do need a gacha dragon if you don't have Pele, but the grind's not impossible. I actually didn't even get all the Hard mode Elwater yet, just been getting all the available Elwater from events after the Halloween event.

Yeah not saying it's impossible, but I am saying the grind is ridiculously long. I have a 4900 Valentine's Hildegard now that might be able to handle it. It's just a matter of getting past the first targeting phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.