Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Delphi and usually main him on shadow teams. He has his own little support niche that isn't always "essential" but definitely noticable if it's missing. His ability to keep poison and def down up almost constantly is great. Shame he doesn't also have a native dispel as part of a support kit but there's always Ranzal's shared skill lol.
Delphi always looked like a great adventurer; I just went with Vice because I lacked the material and eldwater to bring Delphi to 70MC. I guess I don't have much of an excuse now that I've been gifted 600k eldwater.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how the buffs shake out. I've only seen a handful of the actual numbers but a lot of the buffs were enormous. Like Geuden's S2 charges twice as fast and does more damage while the mods on his S1 nearly tripled.

Don't need to give Gala adventurers spirals when they can just patch Gala Mym to have like a 2k% mod on her S1.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One copy of each weapon for the characters in your team should be enough unless you have 2 of the same weapon type users in one team, in which case give it one more copy.

Focus on powering up the ones you have for now, I recommend powering up Wind or Dark first as Ciella and Kai Yan are the easiest agito to solo and beating them once will make those teams even stronger due to being able to craft an agito weapon
I tried the fire agito boss and apparently I'm able to auto that one lol. Seemed like Jiang Ziya did most of the work.

So I assume beating standard once let's you craft one agito weapon, and then you're supposed to take that weapon and do expert in co op to get more?

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Dependant on the rated up characters and dragons I might summon on the first Gala with all the current Gala units. I still need Leif, Wyden, Mym, Laxi and Cat Sith. If multiple of those are on rate up I might pull

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had taken a couple month break from the game and didn't realize all these changes were happening. I don't get why they changed the Epithet's to require beating on Solo. I'm not going to beat Master Kai on Solo, and I beat Expert of the Dark Guy in Co-op for the first time and don't see how I'll solo that. So losing out on the Epithet for beating all Agitos, even though I have.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I tried the fire agito boss and apparently I'm able to auto that one lol. Seemed like Jiang Ziya did most of the work.

So I assume beating standard once let's you craft one agito weapon, and then you're supposed to take that weapon and do expert in co op to get more?
Grats! I found out pretty much the same way when i decided to throw my shadow team at kai yan in auto for the fun of it and ended up actually winning lol.
And yeah pretty much. I think maxed out high dragon trial weapons are better up until you can upgrade your agito weapon but they take a lot of grinding, so being able to craft a strong 6* weapon after beating one fight is pretty neat and gives you a good step up to challenge more things. With the high dragon banes being active when using an agito now the high dragon trials are much less daunting

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
It's a lot to take in with the hero, weapon and wyrmprint changes but already feeling more invested, and the weapon UI is so much cleaner. Digging the visual update (would look nice on a Switch...) and battle royale mode is more fun than I first expected. Respect to the team for keeping things fresh in ways that aren't just power creep.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Where do I even start with this update? So much to take in. I'm excited, disappointed, and confused all at once. lol

We just got Zena three months ago so I'd actually be really surprised if Gala Zethia arrived this soon.
tenor.gif

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
The buffs to Gala Mym are so good, finally back where she belongs

Seanjeezy

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle
Reassigned all my prints for my shadow team, tested them out on eKai and beat him before the crushing cataclysm spree which is a first lol was not expecting that. Used the new solo clear reward to unlock the 3rd 5 star slot on all of my shadow agito weapons, I'm thinking 3 drive accelerators and then the 30% broken punisher on gleo will be fun 😂

Oh also I had a really weird bug last night after trying the new mode, I needed mats for the weapon abilities so I used 10 skip tickets on a void battle and I got the BR clear screen saying 1/16 with zero rewards so I tried it again and same thing. Had to auto play a battle before it went back to normal and tickets worked again

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Got first place in BR with Joe!
Ya boy finally won a BR!!!!

....the rewards kinda suck though...
Less than 20 matches to unlock 1x Sunlight Stone with no Stamina cost seems pretty good. Coming in first vs last doesn't seem to change the Battle Points reward much so it's not very stressful. I'm liking the mode overall.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that there isn't much incentive to win based on how laggy a few of my matches have been so far.

Though if down the line they want to make winning more desirable, maybe first place could give a special currency that you can redeem for Gala skins.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so having better luck understanding things. Followed a guide and beat Expert High Midgardsormr on my first try, on auto! Makes me happy, I'll see how it does on Master tomorrow. And I found guides that I can copy teams from for everything except High Zodiark, Peony was the only FE unit I didn't get and she's everywhere

Question: Once I make teams to destroy High Dragons, that'll let me make High Dragon weapons to take on Agito, right? Is there anything else I should be spending the resources on first, like the wyrmprint or the facilities? Or are weapons to take the next level of challenge the way to go?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Ok so having better luck understanding things. Followed a guide and beat Expert High Midgardsormr on my first try, on auto! Makes me happy, I'll see how it does on Master tomorrow. And I found guides that I can copy teams from for everything except High Zodiark, Peony was the only FE unit I didn't get and she's everywhere

Question: Once I make teams to destroy High Dragons, that'll let me make High Dragon weapons to take on Agito, right? Is there anything else I should be spending the resources on first, like the wyrmprint or the facilities? Or are weapons to take the next level of challenge the way to go?
If you are strong enough to take on expert dragon trials solo then you are likely strong enough to auto through most of the agito as well which will allow you to create 6* weapons and take on the dragons easier

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Master Kai solo with Bellina/Gleo/Patia/Grace. Could have gone better considering I forgot Gleo had a healing skill to run amok with Bellina's enmity, but otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Also Orichalcum is looking to be a real bottle neck.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ha! Remember to update your helper settings! Pretty much everybody on my friends list is hitting as hard as a dry tissue.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Focus on upgrading your void weapons to get the High Dragon Bane skill and then get Chimeratech weapons and upgrade those so you can fight the high dragons and agito.
Clearing an agito once should give you the materials you need to craft a single agito weapon which should be a big power boost for each of your teams
I had a few High Dragon Bane weapons, but when I go into the void section of crafting it says everything hasn't been obtained yet. Adding onto this, none of the weapons seem to carry the High Dragon Bane skill at all. I individually checked all of the swords for example, and none of them have it. Where do you get that skill now? I checked the weapon bonuses/abilities section at the bottom of the screen and it's not listed. :/

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I had a few High Dragon Bane weapons, but when I go into the void section of crafting it says everything hasn't been obtained yet. Adding onto this, none of the weapons seem to carry the High Dragon Bane skill at all. I individually checked all of the swords for example, and none of them have it. Where do you get that skill now? I checked the weapon bonuses/abilities section at the bottom of the screen and it's not listed. :/

Get the Void Weapon to 6/8 unbinds then unlock the last ability on the list. You can long hold on the icons to double check their effect, since there is the HDT Bane and the Astral Bane right there next to each other in the abilities menu.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Get the Void Weapon to 6/8 unbinds then unlock the last ability on the list. You can long hold on the icons to double check their effect, since there is the HDT Bane and the Astral Bane right there next to each other in the abilities menu.
Wow, thanks. I didn't know the initial information screen doesn't list all possible skills on that weapon (after unbinding them). Long holding the icons definitely helps, but they really should fix that.

It's weird though. Like, I'm 100% sure I had several High Dragon Bane weapons crafted before the update, yet none of them are showing anymore. Unless they automatically disassembled them due to the weapon changes and gave me the mats back (in the massive influx of materials in my mailbox upon login).

Edit: Wait, long hold what icon? I'm in the void menu and I can't seem to check all of the future skills on the Inferno Apogee (for example). I long hold the weapon to check the stats and I can't seem to find any other skill information, other than the default (Flame) Skill Prep +50%.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The next event song. It is incredible. BGM-only, so once we get lyrics along with them...

It's going to be something special.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I love DAOKO still, but yeah they're definitely doing a great job with the music. It's legitimately impressive stuff, I just wish the raids themselves would last longer so you'd actually hear it. :(

Blue Hedgehog

Mar 7, 2018
Wow, thanks. I didn't know the initial information screen doesn't list all possible skills on that weapon (after unbinding them). Long holding the icons definitely helps, but they really should fix that.

It's weird though. Like, I'm 100% sure I had several High Dragon Bane weapons crafted before the update, yet none of them are showing anymore. Unless they automatically disassembled them due to the weapon changes and gave me the mats back (in the massive influx of materials in my mailbox upon login).

Edit: Wait, long hold what icon? I'm in the void menu and I can't seem to check all of the future skills on the Inferno Apogee (for example). I long hold the weapon to check the stats and I can't seem to find any other skill information, other than the default (Flame) Skill Prep +50%.

In the void weapon go to functionality > upgrade and then you can press each icon to see the effect of each ability before you select it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
mhmm I'm still so overwhelmed by all the reset teams that I keep just playing the BR mode when I look at the game, lol; I gotta get farming for the first time in a while, assuming I can even figure out what to farm

I guess I should see if the Discord or even Reddit has some good print setups I can just blindly steal while I get used to everything, cause right now it's literally just too overwhelming for my brain? mainly I wish their UI for prints w/ ability text was less cramped as I finally figured out how to turn it to icons, which I desperately needed because how cramped the other view is was killing me... but I also actually do need to relearn what everything does now

similarly for weapons... I sure hope someone makes a tracking tool because seeing how weird the material costs are is discouraging me from making a spreadsheet again, and though I'd be interested in making my own tool I just don't think I have it in me to actually finish it with what my life's like rn

I've at least grabbed the HD bane + weapon upgrade nodes for weapon+element combo I actively use for those fights, that was easy and understandable enough to go for as a first step, it's just seeing the huge costs on everything else that's making it hard to think about what I should be making - especially when you can no longer see the additional costs in advance

also, as someone who did a ton of (tedious, time consuming, and very annoying!) dismantling as a rupies sink while collecting weapon skins, a lil pissed that a lot of the skins I liked were suddenly taken from me! it would be one thing if I just had to remake what I had (as is the case for some 5* weapons I'd dismantled), but a lot of them are now locked beyond not only making an expensive yet shitty 5* weapon but wastefully unbinding it multiple times because that's ironically how they've locked the previously very cheap to get 3* and 4* skins; I have already sent feedback on that and few other things (print slot unlock costs, for one - it feels way too harsh and will discourage stuff like going HD -> Agito?) so hopefully they be nice about it, idk

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Doublebuffs feel great right now. Easy to slot in, say, Brothers in Arms and Felyne Hospitality right next to pure output prints like skill damage/crit chance. Pipple comps are shredding extra hard and Templar Hope is almost as much a thing in co-op as he was in solo thanks to his ridiculous buffs

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I unlocked the High Midgardsormr's Bane ability from the Void flame sword. Can I use this ability with the flame Agito sword?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Blue Hedgehog already explained the long hold icon thing (you do it when you're looking at all the ability icons - but also, it's just always the last one) but I wanna cover the other bit:

Regarding Goodwill Gestures for Changes Made to the Weapon and Crafting Systems said:
■Void Weapons (other than Chimeratech Weapons)
・For each weapon, regardless of its rarity, element, or tier, affected players have been sent the rupies and materials required to craft it, as well as whetstones containing the amount of EXP that it had gained.

So basically they just entirely refunded the non-Chimera Voids, including the bane weapons. Given how they've basically combined every ability for that weapon+element under the bane one, I guess that was a reasonable way to approach it. And, well, I guess it lets you prioritize your banes differently if you no longer use the same characters for those fights.[/quote]

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It's kinda funny how overshadowed Gala Zena was by everything else. There's been almost no mention of her here but for good reason since everyone seems to be totally preoccupied with all of these huge system changes that we were blindsided by.

Now that the main cast has been whittled down I guess the plan from here on out might be Euden's siblings getting Gala versions with Gala Notte popping up early next year.

(To think it's been two years but our pint-sized faerie has finally evolved from playable April Fools' joke to likely Gala candidate. lol)

mhmm I'm still so overwhelmed by all the reset teams that I keep just playing the BR mode when I look at the game, lol; I gotta get farming for the first time in a while, assuming I can even figure out what to farm

I guess I should see if the Discord or even Reddit has some good print setups I can just blindly steal while I get used to everything, cause right now it's literally just too overwhelming for my brain? mainly I wish their UI for prints w/ ability text was less cramped as I finally figured out how to turn it to icons, which I desperately needed because how cramped the other view is was killing me... but I also actually do need to relearn what everything does now

similarly for weapons... I sure hope someone makes a tracking tool because seeing how weird the material costs are is discouraging me from making a spreadsheet again, and though I'd be interested in making my own tool I just don't think I have it in me to actually finish it with what my life's like rn

I've at least grabbed the HD bane + weapon upgrade nodes for weapon+element combo I actively use for those fights, that was easy and understandable enough to go for as a first step, it's just seeing the huge costs on everything else that's making it hard to think about what I should be making - especially when you can no longer see the additional costs in advance

also, as someone who did a ton of (tedious, time consuming, and very annoying!) dismantling as a rupies sink while collecting weapon skins, a lil pissed that a lot of the skins I liked were suddenly taken from me! it would be one thing if I just had to remake what I had (as is the case for some 5* weapons I'd dismantled), but a lot of them are now locked beyond not only making an expensive yet shitty 5* weapon but wastefully unbinding it multiple times because that's ironically how they've locked the previously very cheap to get 3* and 4* skins; I have already sent feedback on that and few other things (print slot unlock costs, for one - it feels way too harsh and will discourage stuff like going HD -> Agito?) so hopefully they be nice about it, idk
I'm right there with you. Soooo overwhelmed. Two years of familiarity turned on its head, just like that. :/

Sorry to hear about all the work you put into collecting weapon skins only for that effort to vanish overnight. A while back I mistakenly crafted a 6.2 flame dagger from scratch instead of enhancing the 6.1 I already had (which I then later enhanced to get some use out of it), and after the update they didn't give me the materials back from the dupe 6.2 dagger (not even as a weapon copy). Feels bad, man. :/

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Gala Leonidas is definitely next. We already saw his new look in the story preview. He has a little golden thingy on his brow, it seems like maybe he becomes King of Alberia? He probably goes and kicks Emile to the curb and takes over.

Then Gala Chelle with a manacaster. She's the source of the guns in the first place and she's talking about using something for the first time so she probably busts out a gun and starts blasting.

Then human-sized Gala Notte. With Meene coming up and that new story character you can see has fairy wings it seems like fairies can be normal sized if they want to. Maybe Notte doesn't know how? She probably figures it all out in the fairy-related story chapter.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda funny how overshadowed Gala Zena was by everything else. There's been almost no mention of her here but for good reason since everyone seems to be totally preoccupied with all of these huge system changes that we were blindsided by.

Now that the main cast has been whittled down I guess the plan from here on out might be Euden's siblings getting Gala versions with Gala Notte popping up early next year.

(To think it's been two years but our pint-sized faerie has finally evolved from playable April Fools' joke to likely Gala candidate. lol)

I'm right there with you. Soooo overwhelmed. Two years of familiarity turned on its head, just like that. :/

Sorry to hear about all the work you put into collecting weapon skins only for that effort to vanish overnight. A while back I mistakenly crafted a 6.2 flame dagger from scratch instead of enhancing the 6.1 I already had (which I then later enhanced to get some use out of it), and after the update they didn't give me the materials back from the dupe 6.2 dagger (not even as a weapon copy). Feels bad, man. :/

Oh, hmm. That does remind me - I mentioned it before, but I had made my first chimeratech weapons, the fire sword and dagger, direct to tier 2 without thinking about it. Before this change, thinking it'd at least let me keep it documented for my collection/skins/whatever, I did end up making a new MUB T1->0UB T2 of each hoping it would be refunded - maybe just combined in the sword's case, but maybe totally refunded in the dagger's case as the dagger was actually MUB. Ended up with 5/8 sword, which might be combining, but IIRC the original was already T2 1UB? And I didn't get a second copy of the dagger.

Hard to tell if they refunded any materials when they refunded so much. I'm skimming through the video I took of me scrolling through the gift list (in case I needed to review it like this) and I don't seem to see any chimera materials, but... hmm.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hmm. That does remind me - I mentioned it before, but I had made my first chimeratech weapons, the fire sword and dagger, direct to tier 2 without thinking about it. Before this change, thinking it'd at least let me keep it documented for my collection/skins/whatever, I did end up making a new MUB T1->0UB T2 of each hoping it would be refunded - maybe just combined in the sword's case, but maybe totally refunded in the dagger's case as the dagger was actually MUB. Ended up with 5/8 sword, which might be combining, but IIRC the original was already T2 1UB? And I didn't get a second copy of the dagger.

5/8 unbinds would correspond to the old T2 1UB. Refining a weapon is the same as increasing its tier in the old version, except you don't need to do any unbinds before you can refine. All my Chimeratech weapons were 0UB T2s (so the minimum to unlock Agito) and they're sitting at 4/8 unbinds with the refine already done.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how viable Nimis is on Mitsuba now that Prince of DY + Produce + Agito is a thing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In the void weapon go to functionality > upgrade and then you can press each icon to see the effect of each ability before you select it.
Thanks!

It's really strange how you need to craft the weapon first to see what skills are attached to upgrading that weapon. Like, how is anyone supposed to know how to get the HDT Bane ability when there's nothing in-game that tells you?

So basically they just entirely refunded the non-Chimera Voids, including the bane weapons. Given how they've basically combined every ability for that weapon+element under the bane one, I guess that was a reasonable way to approach it. And, well, I guess it lets you prioritize your banes differently if you no longer use the same characters for those fights.
Thanks, that explains it!

Edit: One more thing. For weapon bonus. Is it the 0.5% of the HP/Strengthfor the weapon you unlock it on that's applied to ALL weapons of that type? I'm curious as to whether there's any point in max'ing out the HP/Strength of the void weapons or not, since I'll be using Chimera/Agito weapons on my main.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, I need to uncap the void weapons a bunch of times for each element and weapon type to get the HDT bane skill?