PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasted slot in that 18 and 17 as a duo is way more interesting as a playstyle than them fighting seperately, and "different fighting style" please.
And popularity should not be a deciding factor wen you decide a roster bacause thats when rosters like this:

Honestly, 18 is held back by having 17 as a striker. She doesn't really have any unique moves of her own. She has a Kienzan and a couple of moves she stole from 17. Having them be separate characters is better for BOTH of them.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
tumblr_p1g3y9Sab91qc9dlro9_1280.gif

Is this supposed to be impressive?

17 has been the highlight of the latest arc of Super.

He absolutely deserves a spot on the roster.

A spot where he isn't shafted hard.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on /v/ ran an unpacker on the game and found models for Super Trunks (with the Hope Sword), base Goku and Saiyan armor Vegeta with Alt colors. But the file name has "costume" and there's also a model for teen Gohan's piccolo esque cape with the same filename so, alt costumes might be in play?
Hmmmmm, interesting very interesting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hating on the GOAT technique? c'mon now.

Nine characters in the current roster (Goku, SSB Goku, Kid Gohan, Adult Gohan, Cell, Kid Buu, Black, Yamcha, Krillin) already use the damn thing. Almost half of the roster as of launch day is Kamehameha users. We don't need any more.

17 has been the highlight of the latest arc of Super.

He absolutely deserves a spot on the roster.

A spot where he isn't shafted hard.

Agreed. 17 is one of the few bright spots of the Tournament of Power and he SHOULD be a full character instead of a weird extended cameo as he is in the game currently.

Deleted member 37218

User-requested account closure
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Honestly, 18 is held back by having 17 as a striker. She doesn't really have any unique moves of her own. She has a Kienzan and a couple of moves she stole from 17. Having them be separate characters is better for BOTH of them.
How? They are almost always presented as a duo (atleast 17 is) and everything they can do is alredy present in their moveset.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on /v/ ran an unpacker on the game and found models for Super Trunks (with the Hope Sword), base Goku and Saiyan armor Vegeta with Alt colors. But the file name has "costume" and there's also a model for teen Gohan's piccolo esque cape with the same filename so, alt costumes might be in play?

Did he screen the models? Any proof that hes legit?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
And popularity should not be a deciding factor wen you decide a roster bacause thats when rosters like this:

happens!
You mean a dope roster? Straight up, the only characters people can whine about are Base Goku and Base Vegeta. The others are legit and given ASW is working on their characters they'll be sure to do them justice even Bardock. Fact is people are assuming the list is horrible because a few characters are in that aren't their favorites. Everybody has a different opinion but stuff like this is crazy.

Like dudes need to think outside their own bubble here. You didn't get what you want but it doesn't mean the list is horrible, just what you want isn't included and that's only based on your personal preference. What you like only dictates what you purchase and play and not the quality of the product.
Honestly people need to get ready for what's about to happen.

And lastly, wouldn't it be funny if 17 didn't make it due to DBS Trunks? We told yall dude is somebody who doesn't need to be underestimate lmao. We told yall the BOY WAS EVENTUALLY COMING!!

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You guys will see Zarbon, Dadoria and Raditz added before you see Kid Goku lol.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
That useless little spin 17 did before he punched big head was funny. The animators must want me to think he's cool. I've always preferred 18 and she already has his barrier in the game, so...

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
And lastly, wouldn't it be funny if 17 didn't make it due to DBS Trunks? We told yall dude is somebody who doesn't need to be underestimate lmao. We told yall the BOY WAS EVENTUALLY COMING!!
As much as I like Super Future Trunks, I reckon all we need is a new dramatic finish with his sword when Merged Zamasu comes out.

I'd totally pay for costumes though. I know they're unlikely with how arc sys creates characters, but it's not an impossibility.
I'm sorry but I have to.
This reminds me, Imperfect Cell would be dope. Tail normals, absorption, an aerial Special Beam Cannon, dude has the moveset. Would be a completely different character from Perect Cell at the very least.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should probably rewatch the movies. He has more moves than the majority of the characters already in the game.

Being fair i have not watched any of them in years because it's something that i never wish to experience again. I am simply going off of memory but he really does not seem have a really unique move set. Most of the stuff he does have is more or less just flashier stuff many other characters also have. So his inclusion here being based off of his "unique" move set is something i don't really buy.

I also certainly don't buy that people want him in because he is a good character. His popularity might be one of the biggest unsolved mysteries of the universe. The movies were really bad and every single time somebody says that they like Broly i have to ponder whether or not they are being serious. Putting that aside even if he does have a unique or robust move set that is far outweighed by my problem that i have to now look at this character from now on in online matches and be reminded by just how much i loath everything about him. I will admit that i am being salty by his inclusion and i should have seen this coming from a mile away but that does not mean that i can't be disappointed that he is in the game, when there are much better options out there.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
You thinking that is a "dope" is the problem! When everybody is asking for their favorite and their favorite is the "cool" one "interesting" gets sidelined every time.
You got a problem bruh.

Broly is very popular.
Bardock is very popular.
Cooler is very popular.
SSB Vegetto is very popular.
Merged Zamasu is very popular.
17 is very popular.

The only thing you can get mad about is the base characters but these others are very popular. These ARE people's favorites. The problem is you've heavily underestimated the popularity of these characters. It's not that hard to understand, you can see these names all over popularity lists online.
I know I wouldn't complain

As much as I like Super Future Trunks, I reckon all we need is a new dramatic finish with his sword when Merged Zamasu comes out.

I'd totally pay for costumes though. I know they're unlikely with how arc sys creates characters, but it's not an impossibility.

This reminds me, Imperfect Cell would be dope. Tail normals, absorption, an aerial Special Beam Cannon, dude has the moveset. Would be a completely different character from Perect Cell at the very least.

Just pepped that site for the pics and yeeeeaaaahhhhhh, that's Trunk's Hope Sword alright and that's definitely Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Goku. Goku's even got his old belt.

Shit's real it seems. It's accurate.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely sure on that tbh, at least in terms of "very" popular
I'll agree with this. He's popular but I don't know about "very", he's still the final boss of that arc though so I can see why he's thrown in and we always see things posted in regards to him so he's somewhat popular.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How? They are almost always presented as a duo (atleast 17 is) and everything they can do is alredy present in their moveset.

Note: the datamine mentions Ranger 17. As in it would be DBS-era Android 17, rather than the one from the Android Saga.

If you haven't watched Super yet, 17 does a LOT on his own that completely sets him apart from 18 and pretty much the entire rest of the cast. He's an innovative fighter who uses his high speed in conjunction with his barrier and his infinite energy reserves to do all kinds of cool stuff. He is way more worthy of a character slot than most characters.

Honestly people need to get ready for what's about to happen.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust anyone on 4chan with "leaks". The dataminer we have now is way more credible than /v/ rando #324681.

Deleted member 37218

User-requested account closure
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
The only thing you can get mad about is the base characters but these others are very popular. These ARE people's favorites. The problem is you've heavily underestimated the popularity of these characters. It's not that hard to understand, you can see these names all over popularity lists online.
I keep repeting myself: picking characters based on who is popular (our asumed to be popular) is a bad choice!

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
He's not as popular as the other 3 but he's not unpopular.
He's as popular as a last minute final boss for an arc that hasn't had decades of material and representation can be, I feel.

Definitely a worthy addition at any rate. If anything it's kinda odd he wasn't in at launch considering Kid Buu got in alongside Majin Buu.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No Kale or Kaulifla shows that sexism is very much alive at ArcSys. 2 female characters (one not even canon) is bullshit.

You guys need to realize that when this game was doing the bulk of development, Kale and Cauli's feature episodes hadn't happened yet. They didn't have enough time with those characters to build a moveset off of them that accurately reflects how they fight in the show. It's not sexism to want to get the characters right instead of just shove them in early with an unfinished moveset that doesn't accurately portray them just to have them in the roster.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll agree with this. He's popular but I don't know about "very", he's still the final boss of that arc though so I can see why he's thrown in and we always see things posted in regards to him so he's somewhat popular.

Popular or not, I never thought they wouldn't use the final antagonist of the FT arc to begin with. Especially when it pairs up perfectly with Vegito.

He's not as popular as the other 3 but he's not unpopular.

Yea I wouldn't say he's unpopular, just never got the vibe that he was extremely popular or anything. Black on the other hand obviously is.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I wish we had some characters from the original Dragon Ball. Would have loved to see Kid Goku, Master Roshi, or Evil Piccolo.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
You guys need to realize that when this game was doing the bulk of development, Kale and Cauli's feature episodes hadn't happened yet. They didn't have enough time with those characters to build a moveset off of them that accurately reflects how they fight in the show. It's not sexism to want to get the characters right instead of just shove them in early with an unfinished moveset that doesn't accurately portray them just to have them in the roster.

I mean I get you, but that doesn't change the fact that they chose to create a waifu with massive tits and perma ahegao face over just including Videl

It's at least a little BS

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
18's attacks are almost entirely referenced from 18's own battles. The only generic stuff she takes from 17 is the barrier and some of their team attacks from the Trunks special. They didn't hesitate in giving many animations that used 18 as a reference to her 17 assist who mimics her attacks.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I get you, but that doesn't change the fact that they chose to create a waifu with massive tits and perma ahegao face over just including Videl

It's at least a little BS

Videl isn't a good fighter and wouldn't mesh with the rest of the roster well, though. I don't even like Android 21 as a character, but I don't want them to just shove a female character in just to have a female character. They need to have characters that fit the game.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't trust anyone on 4chan with "leaks". The dataminer we have now is way more credible than /v/ rando #324681.
The leaked pics match up with the dataminer's comments so yeah it seems it's legit.

Popular or not, I never thought they wouldn't use the final antagonist of the FT arc to begin with. Especially when it pairs up perfectly with Vegito.
Yep absolutely. It's only logical. I'm also going to assume the Hope Sword might be a dramatic finish although who knows.
Here are the images rehosted on imgur:
Yepppppppppppppppppppp.

It's real.

Oct 26, 2017
They should be working overtime to get all three new Saiyan girl characters in the game.

They should get the work they've done with Broly, change the art and make that move set Kefla. At the very least.