• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
latest

This outfit looked much better than the Orange gi
Ooof thats a rough drawing

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot make out shit in that scan with the supposed leaks of Hit and Beerus. I could also just be blind but I can't help but wonder how much of it is people seeing what they want to see.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'm surprised we got a three character reveal, but I suppose it kind of makes sense given their appearances during that part of the story arc. I hope we get to see some gameplay soon. I'm curious to see how Gotenks plays from all the crazy stuff in the screen shots (in the scans).

I also wonder if his intro will have Goten and Trunks doing the Fusion dance and then turning SSJ3. That would be awesome!

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yamcha comparison video is live!

A lot more effort here than Tenshinhan imo. Lots of original DB love. The animation for the Sokidan is spot on <3

Gonna try to have Nappa and Ginyu done within the next week... before the trailers for Gotenks, Adult Gohan and Kid Boo drop? Hopefully? >_<

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean Beerus was 100% a lock, even if you believed Hit and Black as DLC

Also that leak lol. Black as Zamasu's assist

I'm surprised we got a three character reveal, but I suppose it kind of makes sense given their appearances during that part of the story arc.

They kinda grouped reveals like that from the start

Yeah. Its like Nappa and ginyu were kind of the oddball groupings as "nowhere else to put them"

If Raditz (if base game) was in, it would be good to put him with Nappa reveal. But then Ginyu would have nowhere to go unless Zarbon or something was in. (or just do another 3 chaarcter reveal.) Unless Bardock is in and Raditz goes with him (pls no)

I mean

Trunks (on solo)

Piccolo and Krillin (two of the more prominent secondary Z fighters) [these guys were revealed before the trailer with the androids]

SSB Goku and Vegeta were together (SSBs)

Android 16 and 18 (android reveal)

Yamcha and Tien (Z fighters part 2/ humans/ jobbers lost to time)

Gohan, Gotenks, Kid Buu (Buu Saga fighters)

I mean if Hit and Beerus are next, it would certainly fall under something such as "Super" Warriors or the new era fighters

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of the saiyans being at the bottom of the tier list does make me lol

SSB Goku's teleport seems to make him really good. It depends on the recovery and all of that, but in the limited gameplay we've seen, it seems super fast with minimal recovery. I can't imagine that not being good, but we'll see.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The idea of the saiyans being at the bottom of the tier list does make me lol

It looks like the Sayians (namely Goku and Vegeta) are gonna be the beginner characters, they have really simple/abusable special moves and are easy to be effective with.

all of the "low tier Z-fighters" seem to all lean heavily to the more technical side, or have some really cheesy moves that will probably open people up really easy. Krillin is really tricky, Tien has really inconspicious lows/overheads, Piccolo with homing projectiles and EZ Crossup specials, Yamcha with the quick passthrough mixup, ect. Mixing those with assists is going to result in really dirty tricks lol

Cell is very obviously going to be a top pick, his normals are maaaaaaaassive and his damage output is insane

Android 18 is also definitely a top-pick, her oki/pressure game is ridiculous with her 17-assist overhead and a command grabs

I feel like Trunks will also be really good, his neutral game just looks godlike

SSJ2 Gohan is supposed to have the highest damage on the roster ATM, but honestly looks like the worst character in the game just from watching people play, but i'm sure that's just because his neutral isn't as accessible as the other characters.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SSB Goku's teleport seems to make him really good. It depends on the recovery and all of that, but in the limited gameplay we've seen, it seems super fast with minimal recovery. I can't imagine that not being good, but we'll see.

I just watched his moveset video...it's basically the 1-bar teleport attack with no meter

He also has a command grab (one inch punch)

He's probably gonna be really aggravating to fight lol

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Sayians (namely Goku and Vegeta) are gonna be the beginner characters, they have really simple/abusable special moves and are easy to be effective with.

all of the "low tier Z-fighters" seem to all lean heavily to the more technical side, or have some really cheesy moves that will probably open people up really easy. Krillin is really tricky, Tien has really inconspicious lows/overheads, Piccolo with homing projectiles and EZ Crossup specials, Yamcha with the quick passthrough mixup, ect. Mixing those with assists is going to result in really dirty tricks lol

Cell is very obviously going to be a top pick, his normals are maaaaaaaassive and his damage output is insane

Android 18 is also definitely a top-pick, her oki/pressure game is ridiculous with her 17-assist overhead and a command grabs

I feel like Trunks will also be really good, his neutral game just looks godlike

SSJ2 Gohan is supposed to have the highest damage on the roster ATM, but honestly looks like the worst character in the game just from watching people play, but i'm sure that's just because his neutral isn't as accessible as the other characters.
Yeah I can agree with all of this.

I know I'm going to hate fighting against Yamcha. I can already taste the salt from 3 months away.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Cannot make out shit in that scan with the supposed leaks of Hit and Beerus. I could also just be blind but I can't help but wonder how much of it is people seeing what they want to see.
Those portraits don't look like any character yet. Like Hits looks similar to Ginyu but if you scale it down you can see differences in shading between the two.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can agree with all of this.

I know I'm going to hate fighting against Yamcha. I can already taste the salt from 3 months away.
Speaking of things people will hate, I've been thinking that I want to try pairing up Buu and Krillin.
Buu recovers health from turning his opponent into a cookie, and then Krillin tosses him a senzu bean. I'll just need to find some with the right assist for the third spot and it should be a fun gimmick.

TWILTY

Oct 25, 2017
Yaaay Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks. Looks like the former has some really neat mechanics to differentiate him from his younger counterpart. Really wanted to use him before, but I'm definitely excited now. Gotenks is definitely one of the best Saiyans they could have picked and Kid Buu is a great choice too.

All I really want left that's a realistic choice for base roster is Hit. Please, Arcsys!

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Beerus, Hit and Black should be next since SSBs and Goldem Frieza are already in the game

Sadly I'll leave the new Arc characters for a sequel and go with movie characters as DLC... Broly, Janemba, Bardock, Cooler...

Do anyone expect any GT character at all? Omega Shenron... or SS4 Goku?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
He legit looks the most fun to play right now. Love me some pure rush down characters.

I honestly would not be surprised if the devs intentionally make Yamcha really good.

His mobility and crossups are not a bad start, but only time will tell.

Honestly he looks like he's probably gonna be top-tier

Piccolo, Tien, and Yamcha look extremely good as far as movesets go
Yeah Yamcha looks fun to me. I'm excited to play him, Piccolo, Krillin and maybe Gotenks the most. They look pretty unique.

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
Kid Buus stats tho (4,4,4,4,3)... Seems like a very well rounded character. Kid Buu Gotenks and Krillin might be my team xD

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how we were trying to guess a combination of Kid Buu, A. Gohan, and Gotenks when all three got confirmed at the same time. In fairness though, with the way things have been revealed up to this point, ending on an odd number is... odd.

Another interesting thing to consider is how it sounds like Adult Gohan is going to be making big use of the meter. I wonder if he will have something extra special if he uses up all seven bars like Tien does when he uses his ultimate attack? Either way, hopefully we'll get to see even more gameplay of the newly announced fighters as they come up.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's funny how we were trying to guess a combination of Kid Buu, A. Gohan, and Gotenks when all three got confirmed at the same time. In fairness though, with the way things have been revealed up to this point, ending on an odd number is... odd.

Another interesting thing to consider is how it sounds like Adult Gohan is going to be making big use of the meter. I wonder if he will have something extra special if he uses up all seven bars like Tien does when he uses his ultimate attack? Either way, hopefully we'll get to see even more gameplay of the newly announced fighters as they come up.
The only character missing to complete the saga is vegito, guess he will be used as dlc bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.