• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
God, am I ever sick of looking at Kid Buu/Cell teams (don't care all that much about Cell on his own, but combined with Kid Buu automatically makes me tune out that much more quickly when watching a match). Some of the dullest, most uninspired bandwagoning imaginable.

Really hoping that adding Zamasu and Vegito will mean at least somewhat more variety.

Last edited:

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Also have has a counter stance and a bunch of (hit??)grabs. Unlike blueku's his seem to have range. Assist looks like only one hit, though, which is a shame.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Vegito seems very strong. Probably why they didn't give him a stronger assist.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Vegetto looks amazing! Good job getting me hyped. His normals look really good, in general he looks pretty good.
Shame they didn't show Zamasu, are they still tweaking the character with a week to go for release?

Edit: What the hell the sword is a normal?! I thought it was a special.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn his assist is not that good...

I want to replace trunks so bad.

Team is Gohan/ Trunks and Black

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
His assist does seem to catch vanishes which I don't think Trunks does? But yeah, otherwise a downgrade.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like that sword move is not a normal after all. Would be weird to be one.

Sigma

Oct 25, 2017
Vegito blue looks dope af, can't wait to try him and zamasu out. I really can't wait for cooler tho. He's just so badass and I hope it's final form cooler, not mech cooler.

TWILTY

Oct 25, 2017
Vegito seems pretty solid. Not having a 2L low is a little concerning at first glance, but it looks like he can chain from mediums to lights (Under Night rebeats?! :o), though I don't know the inputs, so it's hard to say, so don't quote me on this lol. Spirit Sword has silly range, stops superdashes, you can combo after it with superdash AND you can cancel it on block with his regular Ki Blast, so it seems pretty dang good lol. No traditional sliding knockdown, but at least he has them in the form of his aerial command grab (though it side switches everytime, so it's hard to say how good it'll be). His assist seems good too; not amazing like a beam or Vegeta assist, but good enough for midscreen harassment, and combo extensions (and it'll catch bad vanishes too.) Really looking forward to playing him next week; it's hard to say if he'll be part of the new meta, but he looks really fun to play lol.

TWILTY

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting you. Looking at it, isn't that a string that goes: 5L > 2M > 5M > 6M (if that's what the overhead looking thing is)?
Hmm, I assumed that punch to the ground is his 2L. It looks way too fast to be the universal 6M overhead and you can see him chaining that into I assuming sliding 2M after that initial string. I guess it's possible Vegito might not just follow the rules like everyone else, but it's hard to tell without knowing the inputs.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I assumed that punch to the ground is his 2L. It looks way too fast to be the universal 6M overhead and you can see him chaining that into I assuming sliding 2M after that initial string. I guess it's possible Vegito might not just follow the rules like everyone else, but it's hard to tell without knowing the inputs.
Yeah, and it's definitely not 6M now that I take a look again since it can be blocked crouching. It's a pretty weird 2L, but it's reasonable.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been confused on something for a while. I see a lot of people doing air combo strings with m.l.l. rather than l.m. I've heard it's supposed to do more damage or something. However, every time I experiment with it in the training room, my l.m air combos always seem to do slightly more damage in the end than m.l.l. combos. What is the actual optimal way to do this? Is it like character specific? The one I was testing this on most recently was SSB Vegeta.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've been confused on something for a while. I see a lot of people doing air combo strings with m.l.l. rather than l.m. I've heard it's supposed to do more damage or something. However, every time I experiment with it in the training room, my l.m air combos always seem to do slightly more damage in the end than m.l.l. combos. What is the actual optimal way to do this? Is it like character specific? The one I was testing this on most recently was SSB Vegeta.
It's character specific to a point (i.e., j.M, j.L only at the start for Bardock rather than two Ls, making sure the j.M hits twice), but that is the general idea.

j.M, j.L, j.L, j.2H --> Super Dash --> j.L, j.L, j.2H --> jump cancel --> j.L, j.L, j.L

Is how it would go for most characters who get a Smash w/sliding knockdown at the end of it, including Bluegeta. Makes more sense to sub the last j.L for something else with some characters (i.e., j.S --> 236M for Black in a corner, 214M anywhere for Bardock). For Trunks, he has the option of subbing the last j.L for j.S --> 214L --> j.L, j.L, j.L in a corner (or if you have the meter for it, j.S --> Vanish --> 214L --> j.L, j.L, j.L anywhere).

Last edited:

closer

Oct 25, 2017

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=DBFZ/Damage#Damage_Scaling

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's character specific to a point (i.e., j.M, j.L only at the start for Bardock rather than two Ls, making sure the j.M hits twice), but that is the general idea.

j.M, j.L, j.L, j.2H --> Super Dash --> j.L, j.L, j.2H --> jump cancel --> j.L, j.L, j.L

Is how it would go for most characters who get a Smash w/sliding knockdown at the end of it, including Bluegeta. Makes more sense to sub the last j.L for something else with some characters (i.e., j.S --> 236M for Black in a corner, 214M anywhere for Bardock). For Trunks, he has the option of subbing the last j.L for j.S --> 214L --> j.L, j.L, j.L in a corner (or if you have the meter for it, j.S --> Vanish --> 214L --> j.L, j.L, j.L anywhere).

Hmmm, thanks for this. I'll have to fool with it a bit more. But I swear my standard combos with SSB Vegeta were doing like 3 points less damage with the j.M, j.L, j.L method. Like just standard starting from c.M combos that just bring them back down and finish with super. Maybe it makes a bigger difference on larger combos or something? I'm bad with analyzing scaling math too much, so the stuff in the link doesn't make too much sense to me. My general rule is that more separate move hits = more scaling in most fighting games. Which is why I was confused on why adding an extra light would actually increase damage. It seems to actually be scaling it a bit more for me.

And yeah I get the stuff like with Bardock, who I use, because of his j.M being two hits and such. I just dunno why I'm getting less damage with SSB Vegeta.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Would you be able to list the inputs you're using? Are you just doing lml instead of mll?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would you be able to list the inputs you're using? Are you just doing lml instead of mll?

Just j.L, j.M. So standard combo. c.L, c.M, s.M>jc>j.L, j.M, j.2H>super dash>j.L, j.M, j.2H>jc>j.L, j.L, j.L.....upon landing super. Sometimes switch out the last j.l with the standard kicks to vanish dunk YAAAAAAHHHH super. I always seem to get slightly more damage this way than if I put in j.M, j.L, j.L instead.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
hm weird i get 3195 with the former and 3250 with the latter
im not trying to hound you or anything, was just curious since it shouldn't be possible for you to get more with the first starter...
to be clear im doing 2l 2m, 5m j.lm2h vs. 2l 2m 5m, j.mll2h, I think there's probably either an extra or lack of a button you might be missing?

basically, if you're going off the same starter (in this case 2l) earlier mediums should mean more damage in a combo

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the "Buy Z Capsule" button grayed out is a pretty good feeling.

Of course, I don't have any of the DLC characters.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I was just awarded 500,000 Zeni during my most recent trip online and I'm not really sure why. Feeling rather paranoid about just getting something like that out of nowhere...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh sweet, another thread. I didn't know you guys moved shop.

Anyway, looks like Vegito's 2H really is godlike.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm not sure if anyone already posted the Vegito Blue render, so here it is.

portrait.png

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Kinda annoying how people dip you if you have an orange square. I can't even imagine what it's like to have a pink square. I've literally been avoided like 10 times in a row by different people.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Im bad at this game but freaking love it, today bought Bardock and did 2 ranked match with him and he saved my points in the end.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I jump back up to Pink feels like a curse now since I know I'm not good enough to hang with pretty much any other players of that color.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda annoying how people dip you if you have an orange square. I can't even imagine what it's like to have a pink square. I've literally been avoided like 10 times in a row by different people.
Lol people will dip no matter what your color. I'm bright green and I get maybe two matches an hour. Everyone else either cancels or just sits there for the full thirty seconds. No idea why people queue up and walk away. So fucking annoying.

Then half the time when I win the first game they just bail.

GREAT!!!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The online community in this game continues to be garbage, but one thing that I will say is that, for whatever reason, I barely get any rage quits anymore. I think it's a combination with the people I get matched with (there has to be some skill based matchmaking at play here) and the fact that people are progressively playing more to improve than to superficially inflate their egos.