• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
It's a lot easier for me to be chill in 1v1 games compared to team based games, i just usually try to hold myself accountable and try to figure what things i can change. And when i improve it feels gud. Wow that sounded super generic

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's the complete opposite. In team games I have other people to rely on and they can pick up the slack for me. Or vice versa! I have more leeway to fuck up, and when I do well it's way more fun 'cause I've got my friends there cheering me on.

When I'm alone I have no one but myself to blame and I'm just frustrating by so many mechanics.

Like, for example, wake up level 3's. They infuriate me. I understand that they're part of the game and balance, but it feels so fucking stupid to me that I'm literally in the middle of an attack that would hit them, and they pop up and I die.

I'm not at all arguing for its removal. But it just feels so bad. And there's so many tiny things that feel bad to me and it builds up and I get mad.

Wish I didn't. ):

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Vegito Blue hype let's go! I'd ask for the trailer but we've have it for like 3 weeks now lol.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's the complete opposite. In team games I have other people to rely on and they can pick up the slack for me. Or vice versa! I have more leeway to fuck up, and when I do well it's way more fun 'cause I've got my friends there cheering me on.

When I'm alone I have no one but myself to blame and I'm just frustrating by so many mechanics.

Like, for example, wake up level 3's. They infuriate me. I understand that they're part of the game and balance, but it feels so fucking stupid to me that I'm literally in the middle of an attack that would hit them, and they pop up and I die.

I'm not at all arguing for its removal. But it just feels so bad. And there's so many tiny things that feel bad to me and it builds up and I get mad.

Wish I didn't. ):
That's why fighting games are hard, nobody to blame but yourself when things go wrong.

Learn safe jump setups to deal with Lv3s, and tighten up your blockstrings if the opponent has at least 3 bars.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll get a shoulder charge and you'll like it.
I have come to really like Frieza's assist, though I do not think it is good. Kid Buu's assist is solid of course.

I'm okay with Broly's fireball. I've found practical applications for Kid Buu and Frieza in the neutral with it.

I'm actually at the point in this game where I can make pretty much any assist work with my characters. I just don't want it to be something wonky like Android 18's shield.

That's why fighting games are hard, nobody to blame but yourself when things go wrong.

Learn safe jump setups to deal with Lv3s, and tighten up your blockstrings if the opponent has at least 3 bars.
In team competitive game OTs, I see constant bitching about teammates being dumb.

In solo competitive game OTs, I see constant bitching about game balance.

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
YOU THINK A BARRIER WILL WORK
lmao

I've started trying to mix it up against my friend and pretend to jump in with an attack to bait it out but I've literally never once succeeded haha.

I think a large part of my frustration lies with my slow reaction speed. I don't think I've ever intentionally 2H'd a raw tag, even when I see them coming.

vexx987

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modesto, CA
I just fucking lost to some who literally super dashed over and over. He was running away the whole set and just jumping. When I'd get close he'd hit me with SD. He was so careful because he knew i was trying to 2H it. It was so annoying lol. He killed me with SD, LLL, vanish and then whatever. Fuck SD! im scared to even try to punish it now because i always pay for it. This shit is killing the game for me like x-factor did with Mvc3. Ok im done /rant

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018

Going to try it out later, seems both cool and lame at the same time. I guess it's useful for colors and stamps.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I really hope Zamasu has this quote to Super Saiyan Blue Goku:

7H6GXIg.png

It always made me laugh because that's how I felt after constantly seeing the form.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I sincerely hope they do something about the tracking on super dash. I'm getting real sick of the full screen U-turn dashes that cross up at the very last second.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So I just did the event and didn't get any Premium Z coins.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Gave the event a go, it's better than I expected. The team dynamic makes fighting the AI a much better experience.
With a better AI and more interesting bosses this could be an excellent mode. I got seriously hyped when a team member clutched a win with 15% health.

So I just did the event and didn't get any Premium Z coins.
It's a raid boss. Only when he's defeated 530.000 times by everyone will people get the Z-coins. It was at 13.xxx when I left.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Gave the event a go, it's better than I expected. The team dynamic makes fighting the AI a much better experience.
With a better AI and more interesting bosses this could be an excellent mode. I got seriously hyped when a team member clutched a win with 15% health.

It's a raid boss. Only when he's defeated 530.000 times by everyone will people get the Z-coins. It was at 13.xxx when I left.

Oh, the tweet made it seem that each success (each time you, the player, won) would give coins and Zenni because it calls out difficulty and difficulty doesn't matter to the community because all wins go into the pool.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
YOU AND THE EARTH SHALL BE DESTROYED
Haven't been in this thread in months. Good to know some things never change.

Watched all of full metal alchemist brotherhood and some other shows while farming 20,000,000 zeni. Man that took forever but it took so little thought I could just Netflix as I did it

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I played twenty games today and only got mad once!! I even laughed some!

heck yes! i did it

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Since super buu isnt in the game

Stage transition where door gets blown up
Stage transition where you heavy kick someone through super buu's scream portal into kami lookout level

Ez

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I dunno how you make a Dragon Ball fighting game, like a 2D fighting ass fighting game with a training mode and all that and NOT have the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as your default training stage. Space doesn't have transitions so you don't have to worry about that here. You could even have the "kick someone into building/rock" thing just have the person fly off into infinity (with a little anime sparkle as they blast off). I get that it might be seen as boring, being a white void, but you'd always have the little house/building area be the background focal point.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So, I should really go back and do Hard Story Mode. These lvl 3 Skills ain't cutting it on this boss. Frieda did standing Light into lvl 3 for like 75%.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Messed around with this mode earlier today, 3 wins is easy, 4 wins can be a toss-up during the last 2 fights since Frieza loves those inputs-reading level 3 punishes and hit-confirms lol, haven't tried 7 wins yet.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with Party Battle mode:

giphy.gif

But I actually like this mode (when you are playing with good people who wont send you in to get countered and die). I actually got to the 7th stage 3 times and died from his bullshit Supers one hit killing me. I actually did it with someone who played a great Bardock. I wonder what other bosses they can do? Cell with 16 and 18, Zamasu with Rose?

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Earlier today was playing a match against a Superdash spammer. Part of me was frustrated because it was 4fr of gravity/lag but other part of me was so happy. Because this guy was my same color threat level and I had two beam assists. I collected my 3 wins and moved along with my day

But whole time I kept thinking, "Dude you better beat this spammer. There's just no excuse to lose to this"

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Had a BLAST with Party Battle mode. It is perfect for the group I play with and even if we never could pass the 7th round we had loads of good laughs and made a load of Zeni too. Any word on how often these events will take place?

TWILTY

Oct 25, 2017
Went 2-2 at Toryuken today. Played pretty sloppy; dropped so many stuff and it kind of put me on tilt that I started playing kinda poorly x_x Oh well, always next time. Might be making a new team soon. I really enjoy using Trunks/AGohan/Black, but I want to try some new things soon. Hope I really like Vegito and/or Merged Zamasu.

Was nice meeting you FluxWaveZ ! Wish we got to play some casual sets, but I had some other games to focus on and I didn't want to bother incase you were preparing for DBFZ/SFV (congrats on making top 8 for both!) Hopefully next time we're in the same tourney together haha.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Went 2-2 at Toryuken today. Played pretty sloppy; dropped so many stuff and it kind of put me on tilt that I started playing kinda poorly x_x Oh well, always next time. Might be making a new team soon. I really enjoy using Trunks/AGohan/Black, but I want to try some new things soon. Hope I really like Vegito and/or Merged Zamasu.

Was nice meeting you FluxWaveZ ! Wish we got to play some casual sets, but I had some other games to focus on and I didn't want to bother incase you were preparing for DBFZ/SFV (congrats on making top 8 for both!) Hopefully next time we're in the same tourney together haha.
It was nice meeting you, man.

And boy do I know about critical drops. I suppose I was more nervous than I thought I would be, because I couldn't play properly on stream at all. Movement was stiff as hell, and what I wanted to do wasn't coming out.

Highlight:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
It was nice meeting you, man.

And boy do I know about critical drops. I suppose I was more nervous than I thought I would be, because I couldn't play properly on stream at all. Movement was stiff as hell, and what I wanted to do wasn't coming out.

Highlight:

Haha goddamn. I'd be crying.

I'm not good enough to be considered for stream, but I can't imagine the stress. HOO BOY.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Cooler being DLC makes so much more sense now that we know the spinoff Dragon Ball Heroes anime is on the way.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball FighterZ — Top 32 Character Usage
Vegeta - 8
Bardock - 7
Cell - 7
Kid Buu - 5
Goku Black - 4
Adult Gohan - 3
Goku - 3
Trunks - 3
Android 21 - 2
Android 18 - 1
Blue Vegeta - 1
Captain Ginyu - 1
Yamcha - 1
Krillin - 1
Gotenks - 1

For Stunfest. The full transition to bardock is complete.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I have decided.you know how krilin has a defensive assist and offensive assist ?

I want 17 to have defensive barrier if you hold back and trap barrier otherwise :x .