• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 24, 2018
I mean, we're probably gonna get 8 characters maximum in Season 2. And if it's a fight between Caulifla & Kale by themselves and Roshi & UI Goku, the latter two are gonna win. Hence why I'm hoping for Kefla & Ribrianne to make up for that.
I really hope Ribrianne isn't in the line up, I know what I just said earlier but that character was just... yeeeeah. And I don't doubt that if she was up against UI Goku, they'd aim for yet another Goku. I just don't to settle with a fusion character.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's not just season 2 for FighterZ. Would love to see gameplay improvments.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Remastered
or
Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi 4

But we all know, it won't happen :(

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I really hope Ribrianne isn't in the line up, I know what I just said earlier but that character was just... yeeeeah. And I don't doubt that if she was up against UI Goku, they'd aim for yet another Goku. I just don't to settle with a fusion character.
They don't even show Caulifla or Kale individually in the ToP flashback of characters in DBS: Broly, just Kefla (who has bigger muscles under Shintani's design sheets). This is also a group shot that has Ribrianne front-&-center (Jiren & the Pride Troopers have their own section).

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they used that time between releases to nail some of the basics in Xenoverse 3 if that's what they've been working on. It still bugs me that Golden Frieza & Super Saiyan 3 are the only transformations that reflect properly on the characters. Was also disappointed in the customization options for the Majin race. Not a huge deal on PC thanks to the modding community, but there are still some details that went overlooked in the first two titles.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean, we're probably gonna get 8 characters maximum in Season 2. And if it's a fight between Caulifla & Kale by themselves and Roshi & UI Goku, the latter two are gonna win. Hence why I'm hoping for Kefla & Ribrianne to make up for that.

UI Goku..... Yeah cause that's what we need, another normal Goku model with just a different hair color.

Please god no. If there has to be another Goku I only want Kid Goku (DB OG) or SSJ4 Goku.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
New season of Super? Was that officially announced?
Nope, but the manga has already gone past the Dragon Ball Super movie, so it's safe to say that the anime is bound to return at some point.

Really hope that Xenoverse 3 is a thing, but they'd have to actually come up with an original story, and not have it be like XV2 which was basically the exact same as XV1.

I also hope we'll get that DB Heroes game for the Switch, I've only heard good stories of that card battle system that i'd love to play it myself.

Jul 24, 2018
They don't even show Caulifla or Kale individually in the ToP flashback of characters in DBS: Broly, just Kefla (who has bigger muscles under Shintani's design sheets). This is also a group shot that has Ribrianne front-&-center (Jiren & the Pride Troopers have their own section).
Lame.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'd love a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans, but it probably won't happen. It's a shame that Monolith Soft will probably never work on a licensed game like that again.
Why wouldn't they? They've done stuff like Project x Zone, I don't see why they wouldn't do a DB game, it would be exclusive for Switch, so I don't see them or Nintendo say no to it if Bandai is willing to fund it.

My Season 2 Prediction
  1. Canon Broly
  2. SSJB Gogeta
  3. Jiren
  4. Top(po)
  5. Kefla
  6. Ribrianne
  7. Master Roshi
  8. MUI Goku
My wishlist:
Movie Broly
Movie Gogeta
Jiren
Kefla
Kid Goku
Roshi
Great Saiyaman
Videl

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
It's time

rP4fVoY.gif
Yes, it's perfect. We can have Link in Dragon Ball, and put Goku in Smash!

manofculture.jpg

Edit: whoops, double post! Sorry..

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
My Season 2 Prediction
  1. Canon Broly
  2. SSJB Gogeta
  3. Jiren
  4. Top(po)
  5. Kefla
  6. Ribrianne
  7. Master Roshi
  8. MUI Goku
Switch MUI Goku for Janemba and this is pretty much what I'd love to get. DBS Broly and Gogeta are most likely coming imo so everyone should put them in their lists by default.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope dbs Broly either starts in his yellow eye form or his normal ssj form...

I want him with the armour. ssj FP sucks.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Why wouldn't they? They've done stuff like Project x Zone, I don't see why they wouldn't do a DB game, it would be exclusive for Switch, so I don't see them or Nintendo say no to it if Bandai is willing to fund it.
Well, I guess it could happen, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. With two new projects in the works from them, I don't think we'll see anything else for awhile. A Dragon Ball thread isn't really the place to discuss this though.

Jan 9, 2018
We need Shintani designs for DB media already, whether it's for Xenoverse 3 or for a whole new game. Not sure they'd have anything ready so early in 2019, tho. If there is a new game announced with more Yamamuro designs tho, that'll suck quite a bit too...

But that's only addressing OP's expectations, I don't really expect anything all that new from this. FighterZ stuff will probably take the most focus, and then we got smaller stuff like the new SDBH game for Switch. I don't think we've seen Piccolo, Cell, or Golden Frieza gameplay for Jump Force, so maybe we'll get a short trailer with all of that and Trunks as well.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Doing a Season 2 for FighterZ still feels weird to me. I think Arc Sys and expect a new version/half sequel more. Plus the history of Namco and DBZ games. They love a quick sequel turnaround.

I hope it's not just season 2 for FighterZ. Would love to see gameplay improvments.
Tekken 7 had gameplay improvements come with Season 2.

Jan 9, 2018
I just hope dbs Broly either starts in his yellow eye form or his normal ssj form...

I want him with the armour. ssj FP sucks.

Big facts. Slightly off-topic, but I really hope if/when Broly levels up next he gets a new form that's a lot more like his "rage form."
after all, the yellow eyes are meant to symbolize complete access to his Great Ape power in his base form, a neat reference to Super Saiyan 4. I don't want to see all the fur or anything, but a sorta canon version of SSJ4 would be nice lol.

Last edited:

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Dragon Ball FighterZ : New season of DLC

Please for the love of everything DBZ keep the DLC's coming and makeFightZ one of the best games ever.

Here are my four next packs;

• Movie spoiler do not read -
    Movie Gogeta / Broly
  • Caulfia with Kale assist / Kefla
  • Jiren / UI Goku
  • Super Buu / Toppo
I would love a possible GT (SSJ4/Omega/Baby) / DB (Kid Goku / Demon King Picoolo) / Old Movie (Janemba / Android 13) packs but I think they're gonna focus more on Super characters now, if it happens.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
But she's not a character like say Android 18 is. I want more actual female characters as fighters, and I absolutely dread female Broly. If they ar gonna add in the fusion they should add in the ones that aren't fused too like with the various other fusions.

Caulifla and Kale need an arc where they are central characters to really give them a good movelist. I want both as well especially more Controlled Kale

Kefla was a 2 episde movelist showcase lol. Enough for her to be a character

Gogeta Blue / Canon Broly
UI Goku / Jiren
Kefla / Ribrianne
Roshi / Kid Goku with Nimbus and Power Pole

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Big facts. Slightly off-topic, but I really hope if/when Broly levels up next he gets a new form that's a lot more like his "rage form."
after all, the yellow eyes are meant to symbolize complete control of his Great Ape power in his base form, a neat reference to Super Saiyan 4. I don't want to see all the fur or anything, but a sorta canon version of SSJ4 would be nice lol.
He has no control in his rage form.

Jul 24, 2018
Caulifla and Kale need an arc where they are central characters to really give them a good movelist. I want both as well especially more Controlled Kale

Kefla was a 2 episde movelist showcase lol. Enough for her to be a character
I wasn't talking about their moves when it comes to being a character. I wanna play my favorite "characters" in the fighting game I like. So far I can play as Android 17 and 18, that leaves Caulifla or General Tao.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Doing a Season 2 for FighterZ still feels weird to me. I think Arc Sys and expect a new version/half sequel more. Plus the history of Namco and DBZ games. They love a quick sequel turnaround.
Might be a sequel tbh. As dope as FighterZ is, it needs a kick in it's ass right now since things have slowed down a bit. Sure another season is dope and all but it needs to be more than just characters.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't talking about their moves when it comes to being a character. I wanna play my favorite "characters" in the fighting game I like. So far I can play as Android 17 and 18, that leaves Caulifla or General Tao.

Yeah but you probably want a cool and fun character and not Caulifla to just exist but have a rather uninspired movelist

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Put Caulifla, Kale and Kefla in DBZF you cowards!

I personally really like Caulifla but especially Kale isn't really popular in the Dragon ball fandom. I can see them more as XenoVerse 3 characters.

Although I miss the OG Dragonball characters. Tenkaichi 3 had many OG playable Dragonball characters like Goku, Gohan and even 8.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Arc System has never done a second season of their fighting games right? idk, if they started using the season model, i would think they would test it first with a guilty gear game instead of dragon ball

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Wish they would remaster Tenkaichi 3 or make Tenkaichi 4. Not the best fighting game but such a fun to play game.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I can see both happening, with Xenoverse 3 being able to full incorporate Super into the storylines.

My Season 2 Prediction
  1. Canon Broly
  2. SSJB Gogeta
  3. Jiren
  4. Top(po)
  5. Kefla
  6. Ribrianne
  7. Master Roshi
  8. MUI Goku

That list is about what I think would be likely. Only potential sub is maybe Janemba instead of Ribrianne if they decide to include another movie villain like they did with Cooler in Season 1.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I'll take a season 2 for FighterZ thanks.

Master Roshi, Kefla, Jiren, Toppo and Ribrianne?

expecting more Goku/Vegeta/Broly. I'm counting Ultra Instinct and fusions

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Is Ribrianne a meme? If you want female Fighters aren't Videl, Mai, Chi-Chi or Arale better choices then a Broly knockoff or a really hated character like Ribrianne?