Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what color hair will LSSGSS be?

a more solid, dark green

Won't be Blue, he had that once already for 5 seconds

maxresdefault.jpg

then again this upcoming Broly is different, so any previous colors do not matter at all

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually I wonder how TeamFourStar is taking this.

They've always been rather.....passionate about voicing their dislike of Broly.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone can put an interesting spin on Broli it is Toriyama.

My original hopes for the film was a trip to planet Sadala in Universe 6 to see what their civilisation is like. Maybe this film still does that who knows.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I dunno, I think the Broly stuff shrinkwrapped over her is the worst part of her character. Once they moved past that she was fine. They could've easily went in a more Gohan-like direction with her.

I'd say Kale's biggest enemy is time. She's a side character in an arc full of them. I found her plenty sympathetic for what she was, though.

Yeah, they really need the time to build these characters up. I felt like some of the other universes to a degree deserved at least mini 5-6 epidode arcs leading up to the ToP. None of them really got that. All they did was serve as gap fillers between what people in U7 were doing.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best part about this is this a new Broly. He going to show up with the form and they gonna be like "That looks like Kale's!"

The new Broly is going to be a ripoff of a ripoff of himself

This is a joke. Don't blow me up

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Here's MasakoX's reaction:

I think one of the other ones, forget his name had a mini blow out over the news.

Kirran (doesn't voice any of the DBZ abridged characters I think, besides Jimmy Firecracker, and is more part of TFS gaming), isn't happy about this, but he's hated Super ever since the ending of the FT arc, and doesn't watch Super anymore because FT arc ruined everything he liked about DB.

Kaiserneko hasn't really given an opinion, but seems open to it.

Hating the original Broly means nothing for this new Broly until we've seen him imo, and I'm sure most of them are in a wait and see mode.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kirran (doesn't voice any of the DBZ abridged characters I think, besides Jimmy Firecracker, and is more part of TFS gaming), isn't happy about this, but he's hated Super ever since the ending of the FT arc, and doesn't watch Super anymore because FT arc ruined everything he liked about DB.

Yeah Kirran really talks a lot of shit about Super lol. Which is ironic considering he is fine with just as bad storytelling from all the gundam he watches

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Considering how Toriyama likes to do things in his own way Broly's most powerful form may be a much smaller form.

And that's pretty much what I'm hoping for. The familiar, bulked up form would be just him messing around and giving his fans a nice throwback to the "old days", before the new version of the dude decides to get a bit more serious and loses the bulk because he gets opposition that is "worthy of more than just smashing and thrashing about like an uncontrollable beast".

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Kirran really talks a lot of shit about Super lol. Which is ironic considering he is fine with just as bad storytelling from all the gundam he watches

It's fine, though I think he should give the rest a try since he's missed what some consider the best arc of Super, and a good chunk of SoL before that arc.

Nov 1, 2017

Hating the original Broly means nothing for this new Broly until we've seen him imo, and I'm sure most of them are in a wait and see mode.

I want to say it was Takahata101. Not 100% sure.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the correct reaction tbh.

We'll see what Toriyama does.

Masako is usually level headed and thinks things through most of the time. and articulates his reasoning rather than going "fuck this, fuck that" like Kirran or most people who see Super and stuff

also Broly was made canon before King Kai was revived

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Masako is usually level headed and thinks things through most of the time. and articulates his reasoning rather than going "fuck this, fuck that" like Kirran or most people who see Super and stuff

also Broly was made canon before King Kai was revived
Masoko and Lani are my favorite in terms of opinions on DB.

He has the right view though, wait and see. This could be really good for the series, this could hurt the series just like RoF did. Right now it's hard to say, and I think people should at least reserve judgement until we get a trailer so we can get an idea of the flow of the movie.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Masoko and Lani are my favorite in terms of opinions on DB.

He has the right view though, wait and see. This could be really good for the series, this could hurt the series just like RoF did. Right now it's hard to say, and I think people should at least reserve judgement until we get a trailer so we can get an idea of the flow of the movie.

RoF didn't hurt the series........

Its success is what led to Super being greenlit in the first place.

Unless you mean from a narrative standpoint and even that isn't true. It ended like most other DB movies end, with Goku defeating the villain. Its also far from the weakest movie plot wise.

Oct 25, 2017

Unless you mean from a narrative standpoint and even that isn't true. It ended like most other DB movies end, with Goku defeating the villain. Its also far from the weakest movie plot wise.
Yeah ... RoF is like the only DBZ movie I really even like.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Super was in production before RoF even released

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017

Saying it hurt DB was a little harsh, but I do feel like it did hurt perception, and if we count the arc, it certainly did ruin public perception of Super, and a lot of people did tune out after RoF arc.

If we compare RoF movie to other DB movies, it's not really a contest tbh, RoF is really good.

Since it's always been viewed as a successor to DBZ, instead of a side movie that has no overall relevance to DB's future, I try to compare it to the direction I want DB heading, like I would any arc of Z/ Super, which I get is a little unfair for movies since they have less time, and they have more expectation to hammer out action scene over action scene instead of fleshing out characters and story arcs, and there's a lot that does bother me with RoF. So narrative wise, expectations are higher than your average DBZ movie, lower than Z and Super's original arcs, but honestly not much lower. While it did sell well, I feel like RoF was pretty divisive at the time in terms of fan perception, but maybe I'm just misremembering.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confident that as long as he's clotheslining people, and picking them up by their heads, people will be satisfied with Toriyama's Broly. And I'm pretty confident that's what we'll see.
Yepppppppp!!!

Dude's gonna be doing more stuff like Powerbombs and just insane crap too lol. It's gonna be amazing.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Broly needs more wrasslin moves.

Hit Goku with a burning hammer

Frog splash Piccolo from space

Piledrive Vegeta to the earth's core

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some of these characters were too good of a design to not have them in sequels.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm a fan of mediocre Gohan I don't think I'll be able to help but cheer when Gohan performs Instant Transmission and goes Super Saiyan Blue to save Goku and Vegeta from a Broly deathblow. And when he achieves Mastered Ultra Instinct, just before doing a Masenkamehameha, popcorn will be flying everywhere.

If Broly is canon anything is possible.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone that prefers the awful stiff plastic character designs of the last twenty years needs their eyes checked.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
As much as I'm a fan of mediocre Gohan I don't think I'll be able to help but cheer when Gohan performs Instant Transmission and goes Super Saiyan Blue to save Goku and Vegeta from a Broly deathblow. And when he achieves Mastered Ultra Instinct, just before doing a Masenkamehameha, popcorn will be flying everywhere.

If Broly is canon anything is possible.
Where do I buy one

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Dragon-Ball-Super-Movie-Trailer.jpg

Broly's eyes are golden with pupils in the teaser

Goku's Ultra Instinct Eyes:
d69dc271fea6fcb06fd9c53a6e7182b7.gif

I'm betting this Broly doesn't have a Super Saiyan Form, he has Ultra Instinct or a similar power

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Jimmy Firecracker is voiced by Xander Mobus who you may know as the announcer of Super Smash Bros WiiU + 3DS and Ultimate.