Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
eh I disagree.

While the others are not shining beacons of story relations i can at least get their motives and brand them as villains for that.

There is nothing interesting in his backstory save for the part hes very strong and his pops is a dick.

And that's before he turned to screaming "KAKAROTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" near 24/7

Frieza doesn't have a backstory as to why he decides to conquer galaxies, other than he's very strong and maybe because his pops is a dick? I suppose now his motive is "KAKAROTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" hatred of Goku, people who look like him, and his friends by association?

Buu doesn't really have a motivation for his destructive tendencies other than he's very strong and I guess because his pops is a dick?

The Androids don't really have a motivation for their violence other than they're very strong and their pops is a dick? I guess Dr. Gero has a different motivation, in that he actually wants revenge against "KAKAROTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Goku, but he's just a Paragus to the actual villains of the arc.

Cell's motivation is actually novel. Yes he's very strong, and yes his pops is a dick, but he's actually driven by his part Saiyan biology to seek greater strength and greater challenges. So I guess that's one.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
That was more because Dragon Ball in general moved to a more kid friendly time slot on TV and Japanese TV has gotten stricter, not because they hate blood.
This isn't true, the time slot has nothing to do with it. One Piece has plenty of blood and the show currently in Super's timeslot had a crazy gruesome episode.
The production committee chose to go light on blood to make the show an easier sell to other countries.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
This isn't true, the time slot has nothing to do with it. One Piece has plenty of blood and the show currently in Super's timeslot had a crazy gruesome episode.
The production committee chose to go light on blood to make the show an easier sell to other countries.

I haven't seen the OP anime in a long time, but isn't it even censored pretty frequently? The last difference I remember is Whitebeard in Marineford.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the OP anime in a long time, but isn't it even censored pretty frequently? The last difference I remember is Whitebeard in Marineford.
And the Z anime had less blood and especially gore compared to the manga. One Piece still has blood, which is my point.
I know, but still kinda sucks. I like super in general though. Wonder if it'll continue next year.
Well, the parties involved like money...
Toei:
DeoWy86UEAAErRN.jpg

DeoYh1CUcAE2kwf.jpg

Bandai:
DcxKqUuVMAALQVY.jpg

DcxK4yPVAAA603G.jpg

I will be absolutely shocked if Dragon Ball didn't come back to TV next year. The current show in the timeslot is set to run for "50+" episodes, so we're probably looking at DB returning in either April or July of next year.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's likely at the very final fight, it will seem like Goku is about to lose when suddenly, despite thinking it he was unable to again, Ultra Instinct will kick in.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Werent some people on this forum saying Broly being dlc killed the hype off DBFZ? lmfao

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
He never existed in canon so it wouldn't make sense to call it revival lol

Yeah.

The title is honestly fine.

No one is going to say in the movie. "It's that Broly guy!" cause they never met him.

Though I have no doubt they will mention something along the lines of. "His Saiyan form! It's just like Kale in the tournament!"

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
And the Z anime had less blood and especially gore compared to the manga. One Piece still has blood, which is my point.

Well, the parties involved like money...
Toei:
DeoWy86UEAAErRN.jpg

DeoYh1CUcAE2kwf.jpg

Bandai:
DcxKqUuVMAALQVY.jpg

DcxK4yPVAAA603G.jpg

I will be absolutely shocked if Dragon Ball didn't come back to TV next year. The current show in the timeslot is set to run for "50+" episodes, so we're probably looking at DB returning in either April or July of next year.

Long wait but I'll manage. At least there's this movie and dubbed ToP to make the wait easier.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're gonna ignore Ultra Instinct and Vegeta's Super Blue for this film.
Blue Evolved, maybe, but Ultra Instinct was something from Toriyama.
Even if it doesn't show up (at the end of Super Goku says he can't activate it on his own) they'll probably still reference it.
Lmao...
Wtf Toei?
Worst DBZ character Broly, now canon, Gohan fucked, worst artstyle...
A. It's not Toei's doing
B. He's a reworking of the character
C. Gohan???
D. No, the worst artstyle would be what we just got rid of, this looks great

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Blue Evolved, maybe, but Ultra Instinct was something from Toriyama.
Even if it doesn't show up (at the end of Super Goku says he can't activate it on his own) they'll probably still reference it.

Is that the official name for what Vegeta did? I wasn't even sure if it counted as a new form when I posted. lol

I really like Ultra Instinct, would be a shame to let go of it.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

The title is honestly fine.

No one is going to say in the movie. "It's that Broly guy!" cause they never met him.

Though I have no doubt they will mention something along the lines of. "His Saiyan form! It's just like Kale in the tournament!"

I'm doubtful of how much the events of the Tournament of Power will factor into this movie, be it Ultra Instinct or Kale.

If Kale is mentioned though I hope it's to say "Broly makes Kale look like a pale imitation".

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
While I think Ultra Instinct will pop up during the movie, I kind of hope it doesn't. I'd love it to be an actually rare thing that happens to Goku.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doubtful of how much the events of the Tournament of Power will factor into this movie, be it Ultra Instinct or Kale.

If Kale is mentioned though I hope it's to say "Broly makes Kale look like a pale imitation".

I mean, I have to imagine somethings will have to carry over. Otherwise why make sure to note it takes place after? It would be very weird for them not to mention the other character they just met months prior who has a similar saiyan form.

Also would be odd for Super Saiyan Blue Ascended(Royal?) to not make an appearance as well.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I have to imagine somethings will have to carry over. Otherwise why make sure to note it takes place after? It would be very weird for them not to mention the other character they just met months prior who has a similar saiyan form.

Also would be odd for Super Saiyan Blue Ascended(Royal?) to not make an appearance as well.

I just see them sticking to things established in the recent movies. Toriyama gave designs and rough outlines for Tournament of Power stuff, but otherwise it seemed like Toei running with the ball. I don't expect Toriyama will have enough knowledge on the events of that arc to craft a story that references it in any way other than in passing.

Oct 25, 2017
Frieza doesn't have a backstory as to why he decides to conquer galaxies, other than he's very strong and maybe because his pops is a dick? I suppose now his motive is "KAKAROTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" hatred of Goku, people who look like him, and his friends by association?

Buu doesn't really have a motivation for his destructive tendencies other than he's very strong and I guess because his pops is a dick?

The Androids don't really have a motivation for their violence other than they're very strong and their pops is a dick? I guess Dr. Gero has a different motivation, in th he actually wants revenge against "KAKAROTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Goku, but he's just a Paragus to the actual villains of the arc.

Cell's motivation is actually novel. Yes he's very strong, and yes his pops is a dick, but he's actually driven by his part Saiyan biology to seek greater strength and greater challenges. So I guess that's one.

Freiza is some guy who believes himself the strongest and a fucking racist to a set of people because they could actually beat him (which one of them did twice). Not much indication his Dad was a dick to him though since he actually revived him and all that plus Freiza himself didn't even kill him nor gave any indication that he wanted to. Maybe that would happen if his father wasn't trash.

Buu is the nearest to Broly in having similarly trash motivation and can hardly talk so i can give that one *shrug*, but even then he had that whole good and evil, supreme kais stuff to bolster him somewhat.

The androids were shown to have no motivation for anything and they became victims rather than villains but i will give you that their pops being a dick actually works here as well, hell they even killed him too

Cell took over from the androids with the villain ball and his just a dick on his own with his own motivations so no need for his pops to be a dick here (plus is Father is long dead).

Yet all of them were more interesting than Broly.

If Toriyama can make him actually have an ounce of personality other from million variations of "die" and can also wreck shit like the old days then i would be all in for this Broly.

Imagine seeing Vegeta cry in 2018 because of this version, it would be fucking glorious :D

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think it's very possible that UI will come back. Hell i bet the next DB series will have Goku learning how to maintain and control UI.

Side Note, i hope they don't kill Freiza in this movie

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even consider this is how Frieza brings back "Beerus destroyed Planet Vegeta" plotpoint.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Question, I know this is getting a world wide release. Is it going to be dubbed in English for the US Release?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I think it's very possible that UI will come back. Hell i bet the next DB series will have Goku learning how to maintain and control UI.

Side Note, i hope they don't kill Freiza in this movie

I doubt they'll kill him. They used the ToP as an excuse to both have him compete and ressurected a second time because of his popularity. Hes strong enough to be a threat but the days of people shitting their pants upon hearing his name are long over as there are too many people across multiple universes that can straight up kick his ass or at least put up a fight. I don't even think Broly's going to die in this movie either. Hes even more popular.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I suspect there is going to be some level of falling out between the Z Warriors and Beerus or Beerus just straight up dies before the "End of Z" Timeskip

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
While I think Ultra Instinct will pop up during the movie, I kind of hope it doesn't. I'd love it to be an actually rare thing that happens to Goku.
I hope Goku gets cocky, expecting UI will save them, but even at teh end of the movie, he still can't trigger it at teh end though, and something else saves them.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they'll kill him. They used the ToP as an excuse to both have him compete and ressurected a second time because of his popularity. Hes strong enough to be a threat but the days of people shitting their pants upon hearing his name are long over as there are too many people across multiple universes that can straight up kick his ass or at least put up a fight. I don't even think Broly's going to die in this movie either. Hes even more popular.
Broly is definitely not more popular than Freeza.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
If you're looking for a fight where Goku wins against a major foe all by himself you're going to have to go all the way back to Dragon Ball for that.

Raditz = Piccolo gets the kill here, Goku couldn't do it himself
Vegeta = Loss
Ginyu = Goku needs a ton of help
Frieza = Goku gets help from Piccolo
Android 19 = Loses because of the heart virus, gets bailed out by Vegeta
Cell = Loss
Vegeta round 2= Loss
Buu = Goku needs help
Beerus = Loss
Frieza round 2 = Would have won, but lets his guard down and gets shot
Hit = Win only because Hit throws the match and forfeits
Black/Zamasu = Loss
Jiren = Needs help from 17 and Frieza

Uhh... Goku defeated Buu as well.

With help from Vegeta and Mr Satan

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Broly will have the advantage over Jake of having experience with the form and having been an actual martial artist of sorts in ancient Saiyan battle or whatever, kale just had raw power.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Broly has one of the best designs in all of DBZ, so I'm all for this.
I never did see the movie, though.