• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So I finished the side quest to deliver Cosmic bananas to King Kai, but the objective stayed in my side bar. Even saving and reloading doesn't get rid of it.

Fortunately picking up a new side Quest seemed to clear it.

Oct 27, 2017
Completed Cell saga. So good. I am just glad that they went with original story rather than half assed attempts like Xenoverse and FighterZ. Those stories were pathetic.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Anybody else find themselves fast forwarding through the dialogue? It's making me feel bad but I'm just not interested. Occasionally it's fun to see an anime scene recreated in the game engine but I find myself wanting to get back to the gameplay. Combat is button mashy but still hasn't grown stale, although the timing for counters is still a mystery to me. Game isn't hard if you use health potions in battle; I've noticed boss characters go beserk when you're close to beating them and basically have no cooldown between attacks which just feels cheap and monotonous as you slowly whittle down their orange life bar. Overall I'm having fun and would recommend this to fans of the anime but it has some serious flaws - bugs, shallow combat, too many sub menus, poor tutorial, etc.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Just beat Cell. Might put the game down for a bit so I don't burn out.

Ironically, I have the most fun with the in between stuff. It fleshes out the characters beyond what the original story did. The quest where Trunks unknowingly helps an Android (Android 8) and says he needs to keep people like him safe from the Androids, Android 16 and Gohan getting some much needed bonding time, and oh man, the quest where Yamcha gets caught playing two girls was hilarious.

Some boss battles are better than others. I did love how the first Perfect Cell fight after Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 was glaringly easy on purpose. One thing this game does very well is making you feel the power characters have or don't have.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
After beating Cell, I'm much more interested with taking it slow & treating the game as a slow burn. Exploring the world and doing side quests on the side as I level up feels much more rewarding than doing the main quest, but I did notice they recton several things from the manga/anime to match up to future events in the Super manga.

One example of this is in the DBZ manga and anime, Goku explained the Ginyu Force pod he used to escape planet Namek randomly flung him to the planet Yardrat. In Kakarot, Vegta mentioned the space pod was most likely pre-programmed to travel to planet Yardrat, as the Ginyu Force were there to conquer it prior to Frieza calling them over to Namek.
During Super's Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga, Vegeta and Irico land on Yardrat and it's denizens thank him and Goku for defeating the Ginyu Force, who once caused a stir on their planet.
There are other things, such as the cameo of a certain ginger-haired scientist from DBFZ, and it's honestly cool that these new stories (penned by Akira Toriyama) in this game are canon to flesh out the story and fill in the gaps that the original manga and anime didn't cover.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
goddamned.
just reach 3 hours.
would return the game, if I still could.
I really would like to love this game.
loved the Legacy of Goku games, but the combat system just eludes me and the game isn't fun like this..

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
So all food gives some form of permanent stat boost, right? Is that applied to every character, just the characters in your party, or just the player character?

Also, if the stat boosts are permanent, shouldn't you just eat everything as fast as possible?

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
goddamned.
just reach 3 hours.
would return the game, if I still could.
I really would like to love this game.
loved the Legacy of Goku games, but the combat system just eludes me and the game isn't fun like this..
I felt the same until most of the way through Namek saga. Reading here about using Burst i-frames offensively to maintain melee uptime made it all click for me. Really went from getting my ass kicked a lot to trivializing majority of fights with "just one simple trick".

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So all food gives some form of permanent stat boost, right? Is that applied to every character, just the characters in your party, or just the player character?

Also, if the stat boosts are permanent, shouldn't you just eat everything as fast as possible?
the way food works is so poorly explained, i still don't really understand what is permanent and what is a temp buff

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
not sure..........do skill levels actually change any damage? Because I'm starting to think they really don't and are just used in the tree to get to other skills rather than improving the current skills. Would be curious to see level 1 vs level 3 on skills........really wish skills showed stats or what they did. Because im curious whether the guided Kamehameha Wave is better than the Super one in terms of damage.

Oct 27, 2017
I now just use the rapid ki blast volleys to destroy the opponents. No combo, no melee attacks. Also Goku's spirit bomb can be spammed with his volley. No enemy stands a chance.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I felt the same until most of the way through Namek saga. Reading here about using Burst i-frames offensively to maintain melee uptime made it all click for me. Really went from getting my ass kicked a lot to trivializing majority of fights with "just one simple trick".
what are Burst i-frames?

my biggest problem is, that I never know what is going on. when it is safe to attack and when I should start defending or evading.
I spam punches, till at some random point they break my combo.
then I hold L2 to block everything they got, because I can't manage to do anything else. I spam L2 + X for example, but most of the time nothing happens.
and my L1 attacks never hit.

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
what are Burst i-frames?

my biggest problem is, that I never know what is going on. when it is safe to attack and when I should start defending or evading.
I spam punches, till at some random point they break my combo.
then I hold L2 to block everything they got, because I can't manage to do anything else. I spam L2 + X for example, but most of the time nothing happens.
and my L1 attacks never hit.
Block + Ki Blast. Can't be hit by any attacks during it. When the enemy has super armor (red glow), it's very useful for negating their attacks while staying on them the whole time.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Block + Ki Blast. Can't be hit by any attacks during it. When the enemy has super armor (red glow), it's very useful for negating their attacks while staying on them the whole time.
Ki Blast was what button on Playstation?
and do you actually do a Ki Blast that way? or was it the teleportation move, that never works for me?

Oct 27, 2017
The only negative about this game is the load times. It gets on my nerve now. Cell saga was notorious in that regard. Fuck the graphics, ray tracing and 4k, I want 60 fps and fastest load times in next gen.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Maxed every community board, yey.

6EDB533D2B0460C2F2CE443EE9C43B26CA4B1761

ED3FFA1156842D6F57E23BA78CB6954853591757

C75200AEB17C36EE55CC8855FAFB3FEA58B15B7C

2AAA30C2563C46E1F7C78E1B328EB4F60B038AE8

DF681205B2E3C3A585FD60E545D4BE1E4999C02B

C5FE470D39B1399F75FCB53B26C4B6F40B9FD27B

85E81406C6C4E7DD8D980CC08B661FC67CEDD870

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The only negative about this game is the load times. It gets on my nerve now. Cell saga was notorious in that regard. Fuck the graphics, ray tracing and 4k, I want 60 fps and fastest load times in next gen.

Yeah that really got to me in Cell as well. Some of the substories would literally be going to 2-3 areas within a cutscene and load for each one. Definitely my biggest gripe.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They went all out in the end, holy shit. That Vegito scene is legit incredible.

Cell is unfortunately the weak link here, but I had a really great time overall.

Oct 27, 2017
I unfortunately read the post game quest names before beating the game. But they sounded quite fun. I hope dlcs are also good. Just announce the names already.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Visited my local mom and pop shop yesterday, only to find they had phased out their customer points system and just issued store credit equivalents to all customers that had a points balance. I had only discovered the place a year or so ago when I wanted to offload a bunch of my retro stuff, and had kind of ignored the fact that I was accruing points doing business with them on occasion over the past year. I had something like $84 in store credit after the points conversion, so I used it to grab DBZ Kakarot for XB1X and a Richter amiibo.

I was kind of on the fence about picking this up, but I'm pretty glad I did. The game has plenty of faults and certainly isn't a champion at any specific gameplay element, but this is one of those rare instances where despite the numerous flaws, I'm still managing to have a heck of a good time playing it.

Just beat the Saiyan Saga. I didn't die at all until Vegeta vs Goku, and then I died on that fight like 4 times before I finally nailed it. It was super fun and satisfying.

So, I think a lot of why I'm enjoying this game so much is mixed nostalgia... When I got into DBZ, I was a teenager, and being a US resident, not a lot of great DBZ games were available during the peak of my fanship. A friend and I designed a pen & paper DBZ RPG to play over AOL instant messenger, with him keeping all of the data sheets and logs and such to keep things moving forward. That was how we kind of got our personal DBZ gameplay desires fulfilled — and I know this was common back then because we were completely inspired by other folks who were doing it. Sure, in my own lifetime there have been satisfying DBZ games to play, but they were almost entirely fighting games. With that said, I'm looking at this game as sort of the game that would've blown my teenage, peak-DBZ-fan mind, lol. It's just a strata of flawed systems that somehow feeds into a core DBZ experience that's satisfying, and it's that nostalgic frame of mind that's kind of driving my appreciation of this so far. If this weren't a DBZ game and I had impulse bought this, I would not have already put in enough time to reach the end of the Saiyan saga by now — I admit it is hinging almost entirely upon me kind of gleefully enjoying how CC2 put these systems together to try and represent DBZ and reminiscing how me and my friend put our imagination on overdrive trying to convert our excitement about DBZ into pen & paper mechanics.

Looking forward to enjoying myself as I work through the remainder of the game. I'm a big Future Trunks fan so I can't wait to get to his playable sections in Android/Cell, though I am full well anticipating that his play style will feel somehow lesser to some of the other characters — to me this feels like a very common thing in DBZ games...

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
Maxed every community board, yey.

6EDB533D2B0460C2F2CE443EE9C43B26CA4B1761

ED3FFA1156842D6F57E23BA78CB6954853591757

C75200AEB17C36EE55CC8855FAFB3FEA58B15B7C

2AAA30C2563C46E1F7C78E1B328EB4F60B038AE8

DF681205B2E3C3A585FD60E545D4BE1E4999C02B

C5FE470D39B1399F75FCB53B26C4B6F40B9FD27B

85E81406C6C4E7DD8D980CC08B661FC67CEDD870
How long did that take? Still don't get how this board system works tbh. Does doing specific things level up a certain board, or is it based solely on the emblems you have and those individual levels? Do certain pieces belong on specific boards, or does that not matter? It kind of seems like you have them together in groups (like the Androids in one group, Namekians on another, etc) but I dunno if that was on purpose or just a coincidence...

Last edited:

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
How long did that take? Still don't get how this board system works tbh. Does doing specific things level up a certain board, or is it based solely on the emblems you have and those individual levels? Do certain pieces belong on specific boards, or does that not matter? It kind of seems like you have them together in groups (like the Androids in on group, Namekians on another, etc) but I dunno if that was on purpose or just a coincidence...
It's so poorly explained, I have no idea how to utilize it. Doesn't matter though since the game is an absolute cakewalk as long as you stock up on healing items.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
How long did that take? Still don't get how this board system works tbh. Does doing specific things level up a certain board, or is it based solely on the emblems you have and those individual levels? Do certain pieces belong on specific boards, or does that not matter? It kind of seems like you have them together in groups (like the Androids in on group, Namekians on another, etc) but I dunno if that was on purpose or just a coincidence...

Here

this is a really good template to start with

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Playing with the Bruce falcouner ost mod. Damn this dude did massive improvements since I last saw the mod.

The timing is perfect when slice of life filler stuff is happening. I feel like a teen again watching DBZ!!! What a time to be alive! Gotta love PC! Have it your way!

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought I will just skip the community board as it seemed daunting due to lack of explanation. But once I 'got' it, I really enjoyed that section. It's a really fun feature.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought I will just skip the community board as it seemed daunting due to lack of explanation. But once I 'got' it, I really enjoyed that section. It's a really fun feature.
Yea I could see how a sequel could improve in it too. But it is nice fanservice that the soul emblems talk to each other when placed in the correct position.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
It's so poorly explained, I have no idea how to utilize it. Doesn't matter though since the game is an absolute cakewalk as long as you stock up on healing items.

True. The tutorial was pretty terrible at explaining it, and I was worried about it at first because I thought it was necessary to level up your characters or to progress through the game. But once I realized it wasn't the case then I kinda just forgot about it aside from putting emblems on a random board whenever I got a new one lol.

Thanks! I'll check it out when I get the chance!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of incredible how slapped-together this game feels at times. They put insane effort into the Recoome cutscene and then completely skip Final Flash. Why.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
How long did that take? Still don't get how this board system works tbh. Does doing specific things level up a certain board, or is it based solely on the emblems you have and those individual levels? Do certain pieces belong on specific boards, or does that not matter? It kind of seems like you have them together in groups (like the Androids in one group, Namekians on another, etc) but I dunno if that was on purpose or just a coincidence...

My save file have 62 hours, but you can do it faster. I like to roam around or play baseball lol

Basically, most of the medals have one stat where it gives you 25 points when maxed. For example, Vegeta and Cell give you 25 points for the Z board. First you should alocate those medals at the "correct" board.
But some medals give bonuses when you link with specific medals, you can press Y to check the bonuses. For example, if you link Mr. Satan, Bee and Buu you get 12 extra points, and you can use them as a wild card for any board.

After that you need to obtain items called "Secret for sucess" to increase the limit of points a medal gives. For example, Secret for sucess: Cooking will give an extra +2 points for cooking.
You get it for leveling up medals, defeating Towa red bosses, playing and reaching high scores at the baseball game and the races, inside katchin caves or just around the map, they respawn after some time in the end game.