• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 24, 2018
Didn't see this in time but I'll play whenever.

Are you using her dragon arm? When you have meter you can hold A to shoot a giant stream of flames for massive damage.

Also you do get the XP you've earned so far even when failing a quest (not when you abandon it), it's just that normal enemies give worthless amounts of XP compared to what you get for completing a quest.
Just wanted to say that I played with Kureransu on Saturday and had a blast! He was very considerate with his healing as a Witch player! I'm also up for playing with others, if you (or anyone else) is interested. Currently at Level 20 with the Empress.

I nearly passed on this game because of the talk about it being multi-player focused. I took a chance though, and I'm glad i did. While I can completely understand how others may not be into the grind, it suits me perfectly.

Though I wouldn't say the games are all that similar, for me it fills the void left by the GBA/DS Castlevania games where I would just zone out and mindlessly run around killing stuff with the hopes of unlocking a few new souls. The action here feels similarly simple yet great to control, with the primary difference being that I'm grinding stages to gain more experience to make other stages viable. I've replayed that first stage so any times at this point that I could easily ace the boss even at a low level.

I haven't gotten all that far yet, but I'm already thinking about grabbing the other characters and DLC. Fingers crossed that they update in (single-Switch) couch-coop, I'd love to be able to play it with my son.

TLDR: Not for everyone, but I love it.
Funnily enough, I was wishing last night that the game played/felt more like Castlevanias (in terms of the non-boss portion of the stages, anyways), but I have spent virtually the entire game playing with at least one other person which heavily biases my opinion. Boss fights and patterns are still sometimes fun to figure out in that same sort of vein, in my opinion, though!

For me, the game really reminds me of the Gauntlet style games.It's a game I enjoy playing with others, but I likely wouldn't enjoy solo. Playing with 3+ people, though, and the game's difficulty seems to become pretty trivial unfortunately, which definitely wasn't the case in Gauntlet games in my experience. Even when playing with two players, after the initial stages, the difficulty feels like it goes down considerably - I think in the last 10 or so quests I've beaten, we've only collectively failed once (technically we cleared one mission with a missing objective, so twice, I guess)? To be fair, I've beaten about 14 quests and this opinion may drastically change moving forward as a lot of the game is still left.

I actually enjoyed my time playing with Kureransu more than playing with random people as we were figuring out things together, whereas it appears many people playing online are replaying stages. also had one other stage where the other player was clearly new to the stage; we were scrambling around looking for a switch that we couldn't find for a while, haha.

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say that I played with Kureransu on Saturday and had a blast! He was very considerate with his healing as a Witch player! I'm also up for playing with others, if you (or anyone else) is interested. Currently at Level 20 with the Empress.

Funnily enough, I was wishing last night that the game played/felt more like Castlevanias (in terms of the non-boss portion of the stages, anyways), but I have spent virtually the entire game playing with at least one other person which heavily biases my opinion. Boss fights and patterns are still sometimes fun to figure out in that same sort of vein, in my opinion, though!

For me, the game really reminds me of the Gauntlet style games.It's a game I enjoy playing with others, but I likely wouldn't enjoy solo. Playing with 3+ people, though, and the game's difficulty seems to become pretty trivial unfortunately, which definitely wasn't the case in Gauntlet games in my experience. Even when playing with two players, after the initial stages, the difficulty feels like it goes down considerably - I think in the last 10 or so quests I've beaten, we've only collectively failed once (technically we cleared one mission with a missing objective, so twice, I guess)? To be fair, I've beaten about 14 quests and this opinion may drastically change moving forward as a lot of the game is still left.

I actually enjoyed my time playing with Kureransu more than playing with random people as we were figuring out things together, whereas it appears many people playing online are replaying stages. also had one other stage where the other player was clearly new to the stage; we were scrambling around looking for a switch that we couldn't find for a while, haha.
Yeah i had an absolute blast playing with you as well (lvl 20?!?!? you played a lot more after we stopped lol). I can say it's a bit annoying that online with randoms are one and done. Jumping on discord was smart, it allowed us to better communicate and made a better overall experience, and i'm not a chatter most of times.

Personally I'm having a blast with this game and i'm lvl 15. I recommend playing online with other and have a great time.

Apr 24, 2018
Yeah i had an absolute blast playing with you as well (lvl 20?!?!? you played a lot more after we stopped lol). I can say it's a bit annoying that online with randoms are one and done. Jumping on discord was smart, it allowed us to better communicate and made a better overall experience, and i'm not a chatter most of times.

Personally I'm having a blast with this game and i'm lvl 15. I recommend playing online with other and have a great time.
Yeah I played about the same amount of time as we played on Satruday last night. I wasn't feeling too great, and I wound up skipping a Super Bowl party (and my cable provider dropped CBS), so I played a lot videogames instead, haha. I mainly wound up playing with people that were super high leveled and just blazed through stages.

EDIT: Agreed about Discord being awesome for communication - there were a few times I played quests with 3/4 people where it felt like everyone was going a completely different direction

Oct 27, 2017

I'll keep this in mind if I end up playing the game with others. I may leave one character to play online so that I'm not just going through the motions while super leveled-out. As for single-player though, I am enjoying both leveling up to strong arm my way through, but also having the time to replay bosses to learn their patterns so that I can master them.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
My Witch is currently at level 42 thanks to grinding Brother and Sister on 35 difficulty for a bit. That quest is so broken lol.

Also, I need to retract my earlier statement about Witch sucking at damage, because HOO BOY did that turn around fast. I went from lagging behind to slaughtering everything with the basic Wind spell before my teammates can even land a hit. As it turns out, the game never properly explains how crucial gear is. When I thought Witch had terrible damage compared to the others, I didn't realize that you're required to get a lucky drop for her to be good. For example, with the basic Wind Scroll that you can equip at level 5, you've got a magic attack of +12. If you get a Wind Scroll +3 that can also be equipped at level 5, that number goes up to +54. So if you just play through the game by clearing every new stage without knowing to go back to old stages in hopes of better drops, it's easy to get to a point where the enemies start becoming absurdly spongey with seemingly no way of defeating them in a reasonable amount of time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
is there a way to target healing with the witch or do you just have to be in the same area as the other player?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
is there a way to target healing with the witch or do you just have to be in the same area as the other player?

You can combine the Homing spell with Heal to make healing circles move towards the other players. You do have to be in fairly close proximity though, you can't just heal people from anywhere on the map if that's what you mean.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Aw man, got really excited as I like Inticreates stuff and didn't know this was out... but then I saw the local coop requires everybody to have their own console and copy of the game. Got really excited for a minute as I'm having folks over tomorrow and thought "oh damn, that's perfect!" but that ruined it singlehandedly. :(
Same thought, buddy. :(

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
You can combine the Homing spell with Heal to make healing circles move towards the other players. You do have to be in fairly close proximity though, you can't just heal people from anywhere on the map if that's what you mean.
thanks totally forgot there was a homing spell.
boy does putting in a homing powered up heal spell require a lot of button presses.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How it feels when you've mastered all of the Witch's spell inputs...

tXoqN1t.gif

My fingers are killing me. I definitely think that the "power up" input could be two buttons shorter at the very least.
I feel the same way handheld but docked with the pro controller isn't as bad. But still! Especially casting the massive powered up heal

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the same way handheld but docked with the pro controller isn't as bad. But still! Especially casting the massive powered up heal
is the heal spell strictly based on character level/ max HP?
aka even if I had a billion magic it would still only heal my level 9 witch with 80 hp 8 at a time or like 20 if I power it up?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So I finally spent a good amount of time with this, and I do like it, but it's extremely limited. Like others have said, I wish there was some sort of extra customization, or passive abilities, or something to simply switch up the game play. Multi player is absolutely this games saving grace. I bought the Witch Shinobi pack and favor Shinobi so much more so than Witch it's ridiculous. The ease of use and speed makes the Shinobi really fun to just blaze through. Witch is like the complete opposite and the button inputs are way too long. If I were to design a character like that I'd cut all the button inputs down by half. Anyway, this game certainly isn't for everyone and I world only recommend it to those who enjoy inticreates titles and grinding in RPGs.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there is a 4th ending (best ending) and apparently you have to beat the game with all characters to get it, so I guess if you bought only one pack you will have to watch it on youtube.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Seems there are only about 30 missions in the game, not including the dlc. Anyone know how many missions they'll add?

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My Witch is currently at level 42 thanks to grinding Brother and Sister on 35 difficulty for a bit. That quest is so broken lol.

Also, I need to retract my earlier statement about Witch sucking at damage, because HOO BOY did that turn around fast. I went from lagging behind to slaughtering everything with the basic Wind spell before my teammates can even land a hit. As it turns out, the game never properly explains how crucial gear is. When I thought Witch had terrible damage compared to the others, I didn't realize that you're required to get a lucky drop for her to be good. For example, with the basic Wind Scroll that you can equip at level 5, you've got a magic attack of +12. If you get a Wind Scroll +3 that can also be equipped at level 5, that number goes up to +54. So if you just play through the game by clearing every new stage without knowing to go back to old stages in hopes of better drops, it's easy to get to a point where the enemies start becoming absurdly spongey with seemingly no way of defeating them in a reasonable amount of time.
This is easily the issue a lot of players have. Once you get some good gear the difficulty becomes way more manageable.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
on the second mission... what the heck do you do to end it?
I've beaten the boss twice now. i get the chest, and there isn't any way to end it.
to the right is a locked pillar and I have no key.
and I can run all the way back to the start of the level.
the map is completely gone though.

It shouldn't be this hard to end the mission but I really haven't a clue what is going on and it's really souring my thoughts on this game because I can't beat any of the other missions aside from the first one at this point.

Apr 24, 2018
on the second mission... what the heck do you do to end it?
I've beaten the boss twice now. i get the chest, and there isn't any way to end it.
to the right is a locked pillar and I have no key.
and I can run all the way back to the start of the level.
the map is completely gone though.

It shouldn't be this hard to end the mission but I really haven't a clue what is going on and it's really souring my thoughts on this game because I can't beat any of the other missions aside from the first one at this point.
I believe you have to head left from the start and there's a particular enemy that you have to kill that drops a key.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I believe you have to head left from the start and there's a particular enemy that you have to kill that drops a key.
that's... really dumb.
but I know there is a girl to the left that talks about a shiny thing, but I never found anything that dropped a key... so I didn't even bother going left the second play -_-
It's really stupid it competently removes the map if you kill the boss and don't have the key.

also thanks for the response.

Apr 24, 2018
that's... really dumb.
but I know there is a girl to the left that talks about a shiny thing, but I never found anything that dropped a key... so I didn't even bother going left the second play -_-
It's really stupid it competently removes the map if you kill the boss and don't have the key.
Yep same thing happened to a fellow Era member and I where we beat the boss and couldn't beat the level. Agreed on it being dumb. It's just a normal enemy, too, so it's kinda nondescript. If you don't find it relatively quickly, I'd just check a youtube video.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yep same thing happened to a fellow Era member and I where we beat the boss and couldn't beat the level. Agreed on it being dumb. It's just a normal enemy, too, so it's kinda nondescript. If you don't find it relatively quickly, I'd just check a youtube video.
I found it. Though a way more logical thing to have done would have been put the lock before the boss.
Lock before the boss means you need a key from somewhere.
Lock after the boss feels like the game glitched because the previous level just made the portal near you after the boss was beat #_#

Apr 24, 2018
I found it. Though a way more logical thing to have done would have been put the lock before the boss.
Lock after the boss feels like the game glitched because the previous level just made the portal near you after the boss was beat #_#
Totally agreed - glad you found it!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

It's hard to believe this game was in development for so many years when basic logical game design was neglected in an early mission like this one. Inti Creates is better than this. I've played and finished all of their other Switch releases (except Gal*Gun 2), so I know how good they can be. With DMfD I've only done a few missions solo so far but it just feels like a pre-Gunvolt game, and I'm left to wonder if maybe the majority of development was actually completed on PSP/3DS before it was possibly shelved for years, and then when Inti found a console that played to their strengths and had a built-in audience for pixel side-scrollers, they figured it'd be the perfect time to bring the project out of cryostasis and cash in. Just theorizing here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to believe this game was in development for so many years when basic logical game design was neglected in an early mission like this one. Inti Creates is better than this. I've played and finished all of their other Switch releases (except Gal*Gun 2), so I know how good they can be. With DMfD I've only done a few missions solo so far but it just feels like a pre-Gunvolt game, and I'm left to wonder if maybe the majority of development was actually completed on PSP/3DS before it was possibly shelved for years, and then when Inti found a console that played to their strengths and had a built-in audience for pixel side-scrollers, they figured it'd be the perfect time to bring the project out of cryostasis and cash in. Just theorizing here.
I'm still overall enjoying it, but yeah given how long it was in development the game is lacking the polish I would have expected from them.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

You think that's bad? I got to the end of that level, it prompted me asking if I was sure I wanted to end the level. And then because it doesn't pause the game as you're frozen with the prompt, an enemy killed me before I could select.

v1.1.1 patch notes

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
patch notes
http://dragonmfd.com/en/product/#product04

adjustements
  • Time limits for the lowest difficulty level of each quest have been increased.
  • For the quest "Dreaming of Treasure", a guide arrow has been added and the arrangement of blocks has been changed.
  • For the quest "Undying Dragon", the placement of a locked door has been changed.
  • For the quest "Unearthed Royalty", the locations where enemies and treasure chests can appear have been changed.
  • For the quest "Lost in White", the locations of two NPCs have been changed.
  • The sell price of items that can only be obtained from treasure chests have been changed.
  • The font for the text in the ending credits has been changed.
  • The conversation with the soldier in the Medius slums named "Genne" has been changed.

bug fixes
  • 【Gameplay Bug Fixes】
  • A bug where the game would crash with an error when accessing the DLC purchase menu has been fixed.
  • A bug where the game would crash with an error on the results screen has been fixed.
  • A bug where the game would crash with an error when the Empress swings on the Bio-Bulb enemy has been fixed.
  • A bug where the game would crash with an error when fighting the Asura Bat enemy has been fixed.
  • A bug where the game would occasionally soft-lock when activating a Dragon Combo has been fixed.
  • A bug where the Asura Bat enemy could cause connection errors when playing online has been fixed.
  • 【Display Bug Fixes】
  • A bug where the menu window would not completely close has been fixed.
  • A bug where weapon, accessory, and item descriptions would erroneously display the 2nd page has been fixed.
  • An issue where the controls were not properly reflected in the Control Help entry for Magic Bullet has been fixed.
  • A bug where the Doppelganger's appearance in the final boss fight would become incorrect when changing weapons has been fixed.
  • An error in applying the Empress's chosen color to the sprite has been fixed.
  • 【Numerical Bug Fixes】
  • Species type for the bosses Twin Dragon and Jinryuu have been corrected.
  • A bug where parameter-increasing statuses were applied multiplicatively has been fixed.
  • A bug where equipment effects of the type "X% dmg. to Lv.Y enemies" were not properly applied has been fixed.
  • A bug where the equipment effect "Night Vision" was not properly applied has been fixed.
  • A bug where the equipment effect "Movement speed +X%" was not properly applied has been fixed.
  • A bug where the equipment effect "Jump Distance +X%" was not properly applied has been fixed.
  • A bug where the equipment effect "Aggro +X%" was not properly applied has been fixed.
  • A bug where the equipment effect "Aggro -X%" was not properly applied has been fixed.
  • A bug where randomized elements of quests and the contents of treasure boxes were not properly randomized in online open matching has been fixed.
  • The behavior of the boss Tonitrus has been adjusted.
  • The damage area of the boss Asura Goblin has been adjusted.
  • Various other bugs have also been fixed.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
>For the quest "Undying Dragon", the placement of a locked door has been changed.
lol good.
>For the quest "Unearthed Royalty", the locations where enemies and treasure chests can appear have been changed.
wonder how they'll change this one. less fake chests?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
>For the quest "Undying Dragon", the placement of a locked door has been changed.
lol good.
>For the quest "Unearthed Royalty", the locations where enemies and treasure chests can appear have been changed.
wonder how they'll change this one. less fake chests?
given I'm like level 10 and have only managed to beat 2 quests so far I'm looking forward to "
  • Time limits for the lowest difficulty level of each quest have been increased.
"

as the third quest I keep failing with my friend because we are running out of time against the guy since the mission was only 15 minutes and we suck at hitting his openings lol

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
as the third quest I keep failing with my friend because we are running out of time against the guy since the mission was only 15 minutes and we suck at hitting his openings lol

which one is this? but yeah initial difficulty for each mission will have longer time limit is good one as well especially if you're soloing not as shinobi. more time to figure out quest path

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
which one is this? but yeah initial difficulty for each mission will have longer time limit is good one as well especially if you're soloing not as shinobi. more time to figure out quest path

the one with the paladin like guy at the end. has a 15 minute timer, and he puts up a shield that basically stops damage if you don't time your attacks right.

likes to use a sword attack that paralyzes you for a while.

I just play with one other person, and the witch needs so many button presses to get a powered up homing heal off @_@ so to heal my partner I need them to just dodge for a while.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
the one with the paladin like guy at the end. has a 15 minute timer, and he puts up a shield that basically stops damage if you don't time your attacks right.

likes to use a sword attack that paralyzes you for a while.

I just play with one other person, and the witch needs so many button presses to get a powered up homing heal off @_@ so to heal my partner I need them to just dodge for a while.
ahh kk. i'd suggest you to go behind him if possible since pretty sure his shield won't block damage behind him. even if that enemy switch his target to you later, I think levitate spell can avoid his attacks for a bit and hope it will switch back to your friend. maintain normal distance if possible since the beam attack one has higher height the further it goes, and you probably don't have much time to run away from dash attack if too close
note that I only played as shinobi so far, thus my suggestion might end up being useless since I don't really know well the other 3 chara playstyles lol

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
ahh kk. i'd suggest you to go behind him if possible since pretty sure his shield won't block damage behind him. even if that enemy switch his target to you later, I think levitate spell can avoid his attacks for a bit and hope it will switch back to your friend. maintain normal distance if possible since the beam attack one has higher height the further it goes, and you probably don't have much time to run away from dash attack if too close
note that I only played as shinobi so far, thus my suggestion might end up being useless since I don't really know well the other 3 chara playstyles lol
We should be able to handle him just fine with a 20 minute timer (if that is what it moved to) instead of 15.
we get him mostly dead with the 15, we just run out of time, and thus we started rushing it which resulted in deaths lol.

I suppose I could also change to a shinobi and focus more on just using healing items. Though we haven't gotten a way to buy new items from the multiplayer menu yet, so it's a bit of a pain to leave the party, run to buy items, and then come back.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
We should be able to handle him just fine with a 20 minute timer (if that is what it moved to) instead of 15.
we get him mostly dead with the 15, we just run out of time, and thus we started rushing it which resulted in deaths lol.

I suppose I could also change to a shinobi and focus more on just using healing items. Though we haven't gotten a way to buy new items from the multiplayer menu yet, so it's a bit of a pain to leave the party, run to buy items, and then come back.
ah I see. I thought you guys constantly got timed out w/o killing it initially.

Dec 23, 2017
Man, farmed Unearthed Royalty on the highest lvl for 2 hours with an online group I found but didn't get anything good for my Empress. :(

v1.3 patch note

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
http://inticreates.com/dragon-marked-for-death-version-1-3-0-patch-notes/

KNOW ISSUES (EARLY WITCH PLAYERS PAY ATTENTION) so glad I found a better weapon last night lol
・Equipping the Striker Pack DLC weapon "Grimoire" on the Witch and performing some actions, such as jumping, will cause the game to crash.

Also, loading the game as the Witch with the "Grimoire" equipped will also cause the game to crash.

Please follow the steps below if you are experiencing this issue:

①After starting the game, do not move the character, and open the menu.
②Select "Shortcuts" from the menu and enter a building.
③Inside the building, equip the Witch with a magic tome other than "Grimoire".

We are working on a patch to fix this issue as soon as possible. We will announce the date for this patch as soon as it is decided.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

system change
・The amount of experience points awarded for completing a quest has been changed.
→ When this update, the amount of experience points earned for completing quests has decreased.

・The amount of experience points earned by defeating enemies during quests has changed.
→When this update, the amount of experience points earned has increased、therefore increasing the overall amount of experience earned when failing a quest.

・When using the Shortcuts menu in town to move to a location, you will now be placed directly inside the building instead of outside it.

・The menu can now be opened in town while the game is auto-saving.

・Accessories can now be equipped/unequipped during quests by selecting "Check Equipment" on the menu screen.

・Messages that explain what each facility does now display when a character enters the capital city of Medius for the first time.

・Equipment can now be changed at the Bar when selecting a quest in single player mode.

・"Hunt for named monsters" has been added to the lists of requests available for multiplayer games.

・Players can now still use chat features in online multiplayer lobbies even after confirming that they are ready to depart.

・Players can now choose any difficulty level for a quest in online open matches, even if they have not previously unlocked that difficulty level.

・Bonus stat points that were left unallocated during a quest result screen due to a connection failure can now be allocated by choosing the "reset bonus points" option at Atruum's Den.

・The negative status effect "burn" now lasts longer.

・The negative status effect "poison" now lasts as long for enemies in multiplayer as it does for single player.

・The negative status effect "frostbite" now reduces an enemy's AGI stat instead of restricting their movement.

・Enemies can now be knocked back in the air even after being launched into an airborne state.

・A sound effect now plays when receiving a Dragonite item during a conversation in town.

・Animated trailer version A and version B have been added to the game.
→ These are unlocked once certain conditions are met, and will play from the Title Screen after a period of inactivity.

character changes (quick read empress and warrior likely buffed, shinobi nerfed a bit, witch untouched)
・The amount of DP awarded to allies when your character recovers DP in multiplayer has been reduced.

・After taking damage in mid-air, players will now be able to move after a certain period of time.

・Each character's movement speed has been adjusted, reducing the difference in speed between the characters.

・The balance of physical attack power between the Empress, Warrior, and Shinobi has been adjusted.

・Knockback has been added to the Empress's airborne Dragon Sword

・The attack range for the third slash in the Empress's sword combo has been increased.

・Physical damage has been increased on a portion of the Empress's attacks

・DP recovery has been increased on a portion of the Empress's attacks

・The Empress's grounded Dragon Sword can now be cancelled into Dragon Shot

・The recovery on the Empress's airborne Dragon Sword can now be cancelled into Dragon Shot or a sword attack

・The Empress's mid-air Dragon Sword attack speed has been increased.

・The Empress's Dragon Cannon now takes less time to activate, fire, and stop firing.

・The Empress's Dragon Cannon now has the same firing range as the Dragon Shot.

・DP recovery has been increased on a portion of the Warrior's attacks

・The Warrior's Dragon Guard now requires less DP to activate.

・The Warrior's Dragon Guard now requires more DP to maintain.

・The Warrior's Dragon Tackle and Dragon Smash now require less DP to use.

・The Shinobi's Dragon Skill attack power has been decreased.

・The Shinobi's mid-air attack power and DP recovery amounts have been decreased

・The Shinobi's Dragon Kick attack can now poison enemies.

・Enemies and bosses over Level 50 will get increased magic resistance if magic attacks with the same elemental properties are used in succession.

weapon changes (buffs for most everyone but the witch)
・The equipment effect of "+XX% dmg. to Lv.YY enemies" has been changed
→ In accordance with this change, it will now read "+XX% physical damage to Lv. YY+ enemies."
Old version: Equipped characters would have all damage increased by XX% to enemies over Level YY.
New version: Equipped characters will have physical damage increased by XX% to enemies over Level YY.

・New equipment effect, "+XX% M.dmg. to Lv.YY+ enemies" has been added.

・Equipment effects "+XX% dmg. to primal enemies", "+XX% dmg. to Deva enemies", and "+XX% dmg. to Asura enemies" have been changed.
→ In accordance with this change, it will now read "+XX% P.dmg. to 'primal' enemies"

Old version: Equipped characters would have all damage increased by XX% to 'primal' enemies.
New version: Equipped characters will have physical damage increased by XX% to 'primal' enemies.

・New equipment effects "+XX% M.dmg. to primal enemies", "+XX% M.dmg. to Deva enemies", and "+XX% M.dmg. to Asura enemies" have been added.

・Equipment effect "Atk. +XX% during Drg Sphere" has been changed
→ In accordance with this change, it will now read "P.Atk. +XX% during Drg Sphere "

Old version: All damage increased by XX% during Dragon Combo
New version: Physical damage increased by XX% during Dragon Combo

・Activation conditions of equipment effect "Resist instant death" have been changed
→ When the player is at low health and the character sprite appears tired, the effect will no longer activate.

Old version: As long as the player had 2 or more HP, an attack that would reduce their HP to 0 would instead bring them to 1 HP.
New version: If the player is above 25% HP, an attack that would reduce their HP to 0 will instead bring them to 1 HP.

・Low to mid level physical weapons have had their attack power adjusted.

→ Affected weapons are listed below.

[Empress Weapons]

Shortsword 6 → 9

Shortsword +1 10 → 11

Shortsword +2 15 → 16

Shortsword +3 20 → 21

Hunter's Sword 8 → 10

Hunter's Sword +1 13 → 14

Hunter's Sword +3 21 → 24

Wakizashi 11 → 12

Wakizashi +2 19 → 20

Wakizashi +3 22 → 27

[Warrior Weapons]

Light Axe 15 → 45

Light Axe +1 43 → 55

Felling Axe 25 → 50

Felling Axe +1 53 → 65

Battle Axe 40 → 55

Battle Axe +1 61 → 68

Bardiche 54 → 60

Bardiche +1 75 → 85

Broad Axe 68 → 70

[Shinobi Weapons]

Short Kunai 4 → 6

Short Kunai +1 4 → 7

Short Kunai +2 5 → 7

Short Kunai +3 7 → 8

Carving Knife 5 → 7

Carving Knife +1 6 → 7

Carving Knife +2 6 → 8

Khukuri 6 → 8

Khukuri +1 7 → 9

Jitte 7 → 9

Long Kunai 8 → 9

Long Kunai +1 9 → 10

・Effects on the weapon "Rune Anelace" have been changed

Old version: Magic weapon, +50% dmg. to primal enemies

New version: Magic weapon, +50% M.dmg. to primal enemies

・Effects on the weapon "Khukuri+3" have been changed

Old version: +50% dmg. to primal enemies, +100% dmg to Lv.10+ enemies, +100% dmg. during Drg Sphere

New version: +50% P.dmg. to primal enemies, +50% P.dmg. to Lv. 10+ enemies, +100% P.dmg. during Drg Sphere

・Effects on the weapon "Ninja Swords+3" have been changed

Old version: Magic weapon, +50% dmg. to Deva enemies

New version: Magic weapon, +50% M.dmg. to Deva enemies, Night vision

・The equipment effect "+50% dmg. to Asura enemies" has been changed to "+50% M.dmg. to Asura enemies" on magic tomes

・Equipment effects on the accessory "Amulet of Darkness" have been changed

Old version: Resist instant death, Aggro -25%, +50% dmg to Lv. 10+ enemies
New version: Aggro -25%, +25% P.dmg. to Lv. 15+ enemies, +25% M.dmg. to Lv. 15+ enemies
・Equipment effects on the accessory "Amulet of Darkness+1" have been changed

Old version: Resist instant death, Aggro -25%, +50% dmg to Lv. 10+ enemies
New version: Aggro -45%, +50% P.dmg. to Lv. 25+ enemies, +50% M.dmg. to Lv. 25+ enemies

other stuff
【Changes to Enemies】

・Named Monsters (NM) have been added
→ It is recommended to have a full, high level party for this content.
→ To complete these fights at the current level cap, rare equipment will be necessary.

・The positions where enemies appear during "Kill them all!" fights have been changed.

・As there was an area that the boss Vasith's attacks would not reach, Vasith's attack area has been adjusted.

【Quests】

・The single player tutorial quest "The Doomed Clan" can now be selected.

・The quest "Marked For Death" can now be played at difficulty level 65.

・To accommodate the addition of Named Monsters, parts of certain maps have been changed.

・The lowest difficulty level for the " Dreaming of Treasure " quest has been reduced from 5 to 3.

・The placement of treasure chests when playing "The Doomed Clan" tutorial quest as the Warrior has changed.

・Except for certain quests, boss's levels have been changed to be 5 to 6 levels above the quest level.

【Fixed Issues】

・Fixed an issue where the game would close with an error when starting on a Switch with the language set to Chinese (Traditional) or Korean.

・Fixed an issue where the portrait for Ordo would not display correctly.

・Fixed an issue where the text log displayed incorrect text when curing confusion.

・Fixed an issue where a portion of the ending graphic displayed incorrectly.

・Fixed an error in calculating money earned when at the maximum limit.

・Fixed an issue where items were not properly sold when receiving a number over the limit on the result screen.

・Fixed an issue where treasure chest mimics would disappear when separated from the player.

・Fixed an issue where treasure chests could appear again after opening.

・Fixed an issue where treasure chests could be opened through walls.

・Fixed an issue where the effects of used and picked up items were not properly applied.

・Fixed an issue with the color palette of the Felling Axe.

・Fixed an issue where the weapon effect "Deals magic damage" affected non-physical damage.

・Fixed an issue where AGI was not properly affecting the Empress's accuracy.

・Fixed an error with the graphics displayed after the Warrior landed a charge attack.

・Fixed an issue where the witch's bullets from a failed cast were the wrong element.

・Fixed an issue where HP healed by magic and the Dragon Guard was not calculated correctly.

・Fixed enemy behavior after attacks slamming them to the ground.

・Fixed an issue where the Dragon Combo sequence would not properly end.

・Fixed an issue where the camera distance would change following a Dragon Combo.

・Fixed an issue where the screen would not display properly after skipping the cut scene at the beginning of a quest.

・Fixed an issue where the camera distance would change following a quest cut scene.

・Fixed an issue where NPC health was not properly restored on NPC defense quests.

・Fixed an issue where Eterno's status was not properly applied on the quest "Undying Dragon".

・Fixed an issue where NPC footsteps could not be heard on the quest "Frozen Fusion".

・Fixed an issue where the ending cutscene of "They Come from Hell" could not be skipped.

・Fixed an issue with the collision on Asura's Gate in the quests "Calamity's Portent" and "They Come from Hell".

・Fixed an issue with terrain collision on the quest "Soul Vessel".

・Fixed an issue where the Shinobi could enter an unintended area in quests at the Ogre's Fort.

・Fixed an issue that would appear when fighting the Mandrake boss that would cause Skullbee enemies to not regenerate if they were defeated outside of a certain range.

・Fixed an issue that would appear when fighting the Jinryu boss that would cause the lightning dragon to behave irregularly if a Dragon Sphere was acquired during the lightning dragon attack.

・Fixed an issue that would appear when fighting the Asura Dragon boss that would cause the visual effects of the tornado attack to not display properly.

・Fixed an issue that caused the first form of the final boss to move outside of the screen in the most recent version.

・Fixed an issue that caused the first form of the final boss to be set to the wrong enemy type in the most recent version.

・Fixed an issue that caused the "Tough Chick" enemy to not be able to move forward on diagonal terrain.

・Connection stability for local and online multiplayer modes has been improved.

・Fixed an issue that caused searches for "Level 1 ± 10" types of online multiplayer matches to not work properly.

・Fixed an issue that sometimes caused no error message to display when a search failed to produce results for online multiplayer searches.

・Fixed an issue that allowed players to select quests in multiplayer modes that they normally did not have access to yet.

・Fixed an issue that caused the Results screen in multiplayer games to go away due to a connection error before players were able to apply their bonus stat points.

・Fixed an issue that caused some enemies to not die when they normally should in multiplayer games.

・Fixed an issue that was making enemies appear in multiplayer games that were unable to be attacked.

・Fixed an issue that caused other players' sound effects to come through during cut scenes in multiplayer games.

・Fixed an issue that caused connection problems when talking to the NPC "Eterno" during the "Undying Dragon" quest in multiplayer games.

・Fixed an issue that caused the background music to stop playing during cutscenes in the "Tomb Rescue" quest in multiplayer games.

・Fixed an issue that caused connection sync problems when the "Cthulhu" boss is defeated.

・Fixed an issue that caused connection sync problems when the "Twin Dragons" boss is defeated.

・Fixed an issue that caused connection sync problems with the "Vasith" boss.

・Fixed an issue that caused connection sync problems with the "Flygolin" enemy.

・Fixed an issue that caused connection sync problems with the "Thundertoad" enemy.

・Various other display and behavior related issues have also been fixed.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
poor shinobi lol.
seems a lot of stuff in the notes. will read it later
the main things for shinobi are
・The Shinobi's Dragon Skill attack power has been decreased.

・The Shinobi's mid-air attack power and DP recovery amounts have been decreased

・The Shinobi's Dragon Kick attack can now poison enemies.

and likely

The amount of DP awarded to allies when your character recovers DP in multiplayer has been reduced.

which sucks as I just figured out last night playing with a shinobi was fun for that with only two players :P

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me?

Do the characters allow you to have alt colors? Like fighting games?
Right now you can only change the accents, but there's an update coming late tomorrow that adds something called the "Elemental contract" system. The element will determine what part your dragon parts are and change properties on certain things.
Empress gets a green wind element alt, Shinobi gets a red fire element alt, Warrior gets an orange electric element alt, and witch gets a blue ice element alt. If more aren't present in the upcoming patch, we're sure to get more later.

Also for the others here who don't know yet, the level cap is being extended to 60 along with the sewer shop being opened. Most enemies will drop materials that can be used to craft various upgrade types here.