Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
"Best RPG since Elden Ring" is about what I expected. I'm so ready for the launch tomorrow night

Although somewhat surprised IGN only went with an 8 considering how positive their previews, but yea I already know this game will be good

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
I am confident I can get to mostly stable 60FPS at 1440p with my 5800x3D and 4070ti, so I'm really excited to read some of those reviews right now!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No way, DD2 seems far more 'ambitious' - unless MH Wilds is going to have seamless town transitions filled with dynamic NPC's.
Wilds is pushing creature density and weather effects on top of possibly being open-world (or at least as big as the Guiding Lands from World). If they're going for dynamic seasons like what the end of the trailer seemed to suggest then things could get crazy, at least on consoles.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
What I want to know is how it feels on Series X on a VRR screen. Just wondering if the larger VRR window vs PS5 makes a noticeable difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm playing on PS5 and 30fps will always feel sluggish, but I haven't experienced the huge drops I was fearing.

I'm still gathering my overall thoughts on the game, but even taking the lesser aspects into account I believe this game is really special. I really hope it becomes a huge hit so Capcom can perhaps fully realize the true potential this IP has. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have.

It actually might seem the PS5 version is the way to go unless you have a above mid-tier gaming PC...

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so it's the Monster Hunter World Problem where an underpowered CPU will severely bottleneck performance regardless of what GPU you have. Hm.

Hopefully my Core i5-13600K plus Radeon 7800XT is enough, if not I guess I'll refund and either wait for a patch or go console.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
84 huh. Thought it would be higher based on the preview hype. Can definitely see why it's lower though. Will still pick it up along with Rise of the Ronin

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a game, sounds phenomenal. Performance issues could be a concern, but I made it through DD1 on PS3 so I'm used to that from this series (love that I can say "series" about this properly now!!)

It has DLSS3 right? Seems to from the promo video here. Any footage of performance with it enabled?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Bad news: laptops are notorious for having very weak versions of desktop cpus :'c They throttle A LOT and this game is CPU heavy. Your laptop will turn into a melted piece of plastic trying to run this.

Try capping at 15 fps. LOL
Yeah... I've got an 11980HK, so I'm looking at the impressions here and feeling cold sweat pour down my back, lmao. I'm gonna give it a try and pray since I have no other platform to play this on, but... eesh.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
"lack of plot" is worrisome. Most people probably won't care if the plot's good but I can't just go off great gameplay alone in an RPG like this. Need a serviceable plot that gives me that feeling of wanting to know what happens next. Any other comments on the plot besides that Metro review?

IGN's says the plot and characters are interesting.

Still, this is a Capcom game, story is not their strongest perk.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The future of PC gaming is a beautiful crystal clear 1080p FHD.

I should be fine on my setup. 7800x3d, RTX 4070 and a 1080p monitor.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
As long modders are able to activate frame generation my pc is ready to tackle this beast.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews are good as expected, but those comments on PC performance have me seriously considering cancelling my preorder and picking it up on sale in a few months.

Still have Infinite Wealth and Rebirth to finish up anyways.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Honestly, I know what they said the framerate was on PS5. I want to find some reviews that talk about how that feels. How that plays out. How much it did or didn't bother them. (Seeing mostly PC review stuff so far…)

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
FWIW I disagree with the "bad narrative" complaints. In my review I made special mention about how the main story is actually enriched by some of the sidequests, and I ended up feeling pretty positive about it overall.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
84 huh. Thought it would be higher based on the preview hype. Can definitely see why it's lower though. Will still pick it up along with Rise of the Ronin
Metacritic score is 87 right now and 89 on OC.

To be honest DragDog was never going to be a game that was going to get 10s everywhere, it's weird and esoteric in a way a Zelda game isn't and even with all of the polish in the world it's definitely not gonna click with everyone.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Should I just make a PC Performance thread? Since a few people in here are trying to discuss it. Or is it too early?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
So from reading a few reviews, those that liked the first game will love, those that prefer a more handholdy Ubisoft style open world game won't click with it. I'm in.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Metacritic score is 87 right now and 89 on OC.

To be honest DragDog was never going to be a game that was going to get 10s everywhere, it's weird and esoteric in a way a Zelda game isn't and even with all of the polish in the world it's definitely not gonna click with everyone.

That's the thing that confuses me. DD has always been a series that inspires very divisive and very PASSIONATE responses, both positive and negative. Everyone expecting the sequel to be something like BG3 where it universally clicks with EVERYBODY always confused me.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Rise of the Ronin sounding a lot better all of a sudden.

Yeesh. At least on PC should be able to lock to 30.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
"lack of plot" is worrisome. Most people probably won't care if the plot's good but I can't just go off great gameplay alone in an RPG like this. Need a serviceable plot that gives me that feeling of wanting to know what happens next. Any other comments on the plot besides that Metro review?

My worries about lack of plot in DD1 was eased by the characters and some chatty Pawns. With Pawns being better in this game, even on conversation alone, maybe that'll help.

Sangral