• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win?

• King Push

Votes: 784 63.3%
  • 6 God

Votes: 172 13.9%
  • OVO Sweatshop

Votes: 123 9.9%
  • EGHCK!

Votes: 160 12.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
We're on Resetera man hahaha. what were you expecting?
fair. for the record, it was for jokes and tongue in cheek. It seems some actually thought that was srys. idk :-/

Ya'll really believe a 41 year old ex drug dealer has no dirt that can be dug up? I do wonder if Drake will even respond. It's obvious Pusha is willing to go lower. If I was drake I'd plant something on him no way he going to win with a song
we'll find out soon enough. that's for damn sure.

What we know so far is that Drake went Pearl Harbor and Push went Douglas McArthur, attempting to burn down the entire country and drop 2 nukes for good measure.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Has it been confirmed that "Adidon" was going to be Drake's new brand name with Adidas or is that just all twitter noise? Can't find a trademark on it and if there are references of it online then they're all covered up by Pusha's diss track.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still shocked at the amount of people that didn't know Drake had an alleged child. I remember TMZ reporting on it a long ass time ago.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll really believe a 41 year old ex drug dealer has no dirt that can be dug up? I do wonder if Drake will even respond. It's obvious Pusha is willing to go lower. If I was drake I'd plant something on him no way he going to win with a song

What can Drake dig up on him that will really hurt him?? I doubt much at all. Drake on the other hand has a whole bunch of suspect shit that will pop up that will make him look like "Di Waste Man Dem" He likes to chat bout.

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You ever wonder what would happen if the Warriors came against some of the GOAT teams from the 90s early 2000?

Pusha T was Prime Shaq
Drake was Steph Curry.

He got a couple 3s off and started feeling nice...then Shaq backed him down in the Post and broke his ankles when he dunked.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yo I'm seeing push at govball Saturday

He's gonna have blackface drake plastered all over those big ass screens

tenor.gif

xjFT.gif

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Since when did Drake ever have respect in hip hop? Don't get me wrong, I've grinded on asses in clubs to his songs, no one is denying his successes whatsoever.

But its not like he's a competent rapper or anything. Or has any street credibility. He's a dorky middle class guy who appeals to women with radio friendly jams. Nothing wrong with that once he stays in his lane.

In my book him having ghost writers already puts him in the same category as Dr Dre, Diddy, Kanye etc. He aint no fucking emcee.

Dreams Money Can Buy alone got him enough respect. You can claim hes goofy but no one ever questioned his flow....until now.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
If Drake's response doesn't come with a PDF of incriminating shit, it's over. You can't just rap this shit away. Call Christopher Steele.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
What can Drake dig up on him that will really hurt him?? I doubt much at all. Drake on the other hand has a whole bunch of suspect shit that will pop up that will make him look like "Di Waste Man Dem" He likes to chat bout.
You talking about a man who raps about how much crack he used to sling. It would be shocking if there was some stuff he did in his life that he didn't want to come to light. I don't know where this image that Pusha is a saint has come from.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
You talking about a man who raps about how much crack he used to sling. It would be shocking if there was some stuff he did in his life that he didn't want to come to light. I don't know where this image that Pusha is a saint has come from.

Let's be real a lot of the love and hype for Pusha here is through proxy. Ye fans living through Pusha cause they can't really ride with Kanye at the moment.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
It's not about him bsi g a Saint its about pusha t been telling his secrets his whole career ain't shit drake could say, perhaps push got a damming secret on him that he's hiding but it's gonna be hard to find because his life isn't an open book

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

i mean, if he finds reveals Pusha T did real gangsta shit, doesn't that kind of invalidate the Nikes line from Drake's diss track?

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dreams Money Can Buy alone got him enough respect. You can claim hes goofy but no one ever questioned his flow....until now.
Hell th fuck nah it didn't. He is goofy, that isn't a claim. Guy is like diddy rapping. There's no Soul behind it cause theyre not his words. People have questioned his flow for years. Easy to make someone elses bars sound good. Again, that's not the point of Drake, he's a pop star. He isn't an emcee.
Did I miss something about Dr Dre not being legit?
when it comes to rapping yeah Dre isn't shit. One of the greatest producers and artist ever for sure. But even Dre will tell you he isn't an emcee.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nobody in the hiphop community cares about the wrongs he would've done as a crack dealer unless it was something sexually suggestive like Pusha T doing tricks for crack or something like that. That's just the name of the game. It's part of the everyday struggle his core audience can relate too.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody in the hiphop community cares about the wrongs he would've done as a crack dealer unless it was something sexually suggestive like Pusha T doing tricks for crack or something like that. That's just the name of the game. It's part of the everyday struggle his core audience can relate too.
It's funny how full of contradictions the hip hop and black community are. On one hand we want to talk about how drugs are ravaging and killing our communities but we give people like Pusha a pass for pushing the very drugs into the community. I don't want to hear these people talk about ending violence in Chicago that's in a lot of ways directly tied to the influx of drugs and guns.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Erm, if anything Pusha T has actually preemptively helped the brand by bringing more awareness to it.
Nah.

I mean, you can say "So and so has STD's!!" Or eats boogers. Or is a molester. Whatever.

Now that we're all aware, how does that help So and so? Help him get ostracized.

Don't believe all publicity is positive.

Drake gonna f around and get known as the brand for deadbeats.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how full of contradictions the hip hop and black community are. On one hand we want to talk about how drugs are ravaging and killing our communities but we give people like Pusha a pass for pushing the very drugs into the community. I don't want to hear these people talk about ending violence in Chicago that's in a lot of ways directly tied to the influx of drugs and guns.

You're right to some degree. But this thread isn't the place to discuss such matters.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018

The violence in the drug trade is linked to the illegality of drugs.

You notice how Trump and everyone is talking about the opiod epidemic and doing something about it?

No one said a word when crack was ravaging the black communities in the 80s. I'm not giving anyone a pass for dealing drugs but the government response to the crack epidemic was near non-existent outside of mass incarceration. That isn't even beginning to describe why people dealt and used drugs to begin with. Here's a hint, poverty and complete lack of opportunities. I'm not even going to mention Oliver North-Contra and that whole mess.

If you want to blame someone for the drug problem, blame the people who created the circumstances for it to happen, allowed it to happen and then did nothing to try and stop it.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

You're conflating the two issues. First and foremost in Hip Hop we're not praising Pusha-T dealing drugs. We're praising the Hustle and the strength he was able to muster in order to survive in the world of crime.

The real way to ensure that there are less Pusha-T's and more scholars, doctors, tech gurus coming out of the hood is to address the lack of opportunity these communities have made available to them. That means better schools, better housing and just doing right by them.

Believe me. No one wants to sell drugs. Thats why so many hustlers try their hand in rapping. The game is twisted, dark and evil. Perfect story to turn into a commodity.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Drake's usually been pretty good at winning these kind of things but I think Pusha is his Clubber Lang cause holy shit

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

It's not a contradiction. The drug/crime problems that are ravaging low income minority neighborhoods are not the fault of the 15 year old kid who takes up slinging crack on the corner because he has little to no other life options, it's the fault of the people in power (I.e. rich white politicians) who created and cultivated that environment because they have a vested interest in doing so.

Oct 25, 2017
You're conflating the two issues. First and foremost in Hip Hop we're not praising Pusha-T dealing drugs. We're praising the Hustle and the strength he was able to muster in order to survive in the world of crime.

The real way to ensure that there are less Pusha-T's and more scholars, doctors, tech gurus coming out of the hood is to address the lack of opportunity these communities have made available to them. That means better schools, better housing and just doing right by them.

Believe me. No one wants to sell drugs. Thats why so many hustlers try their hand in rapping. The game is twisted, dark and evil. Perfect story to turn into a commodity.

I think you're being more than a little disingenuous here.

If this was the case, the whole "hard vs soft" bullshit mentality wouldn't be a thing in hip hop but it is.

Don't know who you grew up with but none of us kids felt this way. These guys made selling drugs sound cool especially since it was what enabled them to get the fancy cars, clothes and women that are so frequently rapped about.

That was the appeal for us kids.

I also don't like knocking Drake for being mixed race. Honestly, growing up mixed (black and white) in this country has got to be the most confusing shit ever. Not knowing who to be, how to act. Constant questions of self-indentity.

I wouldn't want to navigate that shit that's for sure.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
As a fan of both this is amazing, Push released the most devistating rap track of the decade.

T'Challa Shakur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

If this was the case, the whole "hard vs soft" bullshit mentality wouldn't be a thing in hip hop but it is.

Don't know who you grew up with but none of us kids felt this way. These guys made selling drugs sound cool especially since it was what enabled them to get the fancy cars, clothes and women that are so frequently rapped about.

I also don't like knocking Drake for being mixed race. Honestly, growing up mixed (black and white) in this country has got to be the most confusing shit ever. Not knowing who to be, how to act. Constant questions of self-indentity.

Drake grew up in Canada......as an Actor for a popular Teen TV show. I grew up around some hard people. I grew up around some old school Hip Hop heads who saw Hip Hop as the Hood's CNN. Rappers are just reporting their world view. Sure it sounds cool but we're celebrating how strong these individuals are. When you view them as cool you view them as cool because the music is tough and therefore they are tough. Just like kids love Superman and Batman.

Because they are bad asses. All other context is lost on them until they get older and start to process what makes them great beyond the ability to punch things.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a contradiction. The drug/crime problems that are ravaging low income minority neighborhoods are not the fault of the 15 year old kid who takes up slinging crack on the corner because he has little to no other life options, it's the fault of the people in power (I.e. rich white politicians) who created and cultivated that environment because they have a vested interest in doing so.

Actually it's both. A lot of those 14/15 year olds that sell drugs also do it for the quick money and notoriety it brings them as well. I've personally lived through this and made it out eventually. It's such a messed up thing to be around and a lot of these kids don't need to start to begin with but are greatly influenced by their peers in the neighbourhoods they grow up in. There are plenty of ways out of this life that they ignore early on and things just snowball from there.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Not everyone that sell drugs does it because they have to. I know people personally that did it because it was easy money. Their thought was why work a 9 to 5 for minimum wage when I could sling some dope and make more money. True, the lack of opportunity and poverty doesn't help. But let's not pretend like a lot of people that did it didn't have a choice or were just innocent bystanders.

Oct 29, 2017

1. Hip hop n the black community isn't made up of just kids. Even still I grew up n NC n even as kids we knew what was really going on out here. Guess if you know you know.

2. Drake didn't grow up in this country. He is a Canadian child actor. Lots of mixed kids grow up black because in America if you have one drop you are considered black by ppl who hate black ppl.

No comment on the hard vs soft cuz I'm not entirely sure where you are trying to say it comes from exactly.