• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where will Dreams end up?

• 95+

Votes: 201 11.8%
  • 90-95

Votes: 774 45.4%
  • 85-90

Votes: 374 21.9%
  • 80-85

Votes: 192 11.3%
  • 75-80

Votes: 88 5.2%
  • 70-75

Votes: 35 2.1%
  • Under 70

Votes: 41 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like there are 1.2k viewers? But yeah that's still awful. This game is going to a flop for sure.

I think it will be a slow burn game into popularity

When big streamers start playing it, it will blow up hopefully

I am also expecting a marketing push from Sony after they see the crazy critical reception the game gets

Online multiplayer and VR compatibility is still coming too

And the game launches tomorrow

Lets wait

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will be a slow burn game into popularity

When big streamers start playing it, it will blow up hopefully

I am also expecting a marketing push from Sony after they see the crazy critical reception the game gets

Online multiplayer and VR compatibility is still coming too

And the game launches tomorrow

Lets wait
I hope so. Based on my time in EA it deserves a lot of attention.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
The popularity of watching other people playing games on Twitch is something what I never understood....

But watching some talented Dreams creators should be interesting and helpful for own creations.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Still wish this game had a mascot, that + lack of marketing makes it feel like the game is being sent to die for a re-launch on PS5.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It's odd to look at Twitch numbers before a game has actually released. The people streaming the game right now are early access people. I don't exactly expect millions to be watching tomorrow (and I also find it amazing how much people exaggerate the importance of twitch metrics), but you should look at what it's like in 24-48 hours not now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Lol come on now. Let's not judge a game (app?) like this purely on its launch. It's a long burn.
Yeah. They have a 10 year plan for Dreams and people are saying it's dead a day before launch...

I don't think it's ever going to be a very popular game to stream which doesn't mean it won't be getting a healthy amount of players and creators.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do you guys remember when little big planet didn't take off because of how little people were streaming/watching it

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol come on now. Let's not judge a game (app?) like this purely on its launch. It's a long burn.
I could imagine it selling over a million copies, it just doesn't seem like that would be a very satisfying number for Sony considering how much time was spent on the game.

I hope they have a version for PS5 at launch and really market it like crazy. Dreams would be an amazing console launch game.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I could imagine it selling over a million copies, it just doesn't seem like that would be a very satisfying number for Sony considering how much time was spent on the game.

I hope they have a version for PS5 at launch and really market it like crazy. Dreams would be an amazing console launch game.
its a prestige title, they arent releasing it to make millions and millions of dollars, heck i am sure they would be more than happy with a niche product like this selling 1m copies, your value of sales for this game is quite off.

Feb 10, 2018
Gonna give this a go, its a nice diversion from the usual sort of games, kinda like city skylines where you build, dream is a lot different but its a similar sort of headspace.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Still wish this game had a mascot, that + lack of marketing makes it feel like the game is being sent to die for a re-launch on PS5.
The campaign also feels like a missed opportunity to give it some much-needed identity. It seems very technically impressive and definitely shows off the possibility space, but by having so many different aesthetics and gameplay styles stitched together it still doesn't give you something to latch onto and say oh that's Dreams.

I've been watching a few videos the last couple days after learning about what Dreams was for the first time and it seems really cool, but there was definitely that first hump to get over of "wait... but what is it" which was very much not answered by clips of that campaign.

Oct 27, 2017
Something is wrong in the calculator:
INhb4H4.png

Removed English tags, still only about 170 viewers across all channels.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
The campaign also feels like a missed opportunity to give it some much-needed identity. It seems very technically impressive and definitely shows off the possibility space, but by having so many different aesthetics and gameplay styles stitched together it still doesn't give you something to latch onto and say oh that's Dreams.

... Whereas if they'd locked it into one genre, like LBP is basically a 2D platformer throughout its campaigns, they'd be giving people a completely false impression. I know people love criticising Dreams' marketing, but on some level the reality is: Dreams is hard to market.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Op is baned, who is going to update the reviews?
Lmao, he went out as a hero though

... Whereas if they'd locked it into one genre, like LBP is basically a 2D platformer throughout its campaigns, they'd be giving people a completely false impression. I know people love criticising Dreams' marketing, but on some level the reality is: Dreams is hard to market.
I agree it's hard to market, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have made some tweaks to make it at least a little more understandable.

There are games that cycle between genres or aesthetic styles while still being cohesive and marketable, so I personally would have built a campaign more along that vein. Think the different worlds in Mario Odyssey or all the genre shifts in Nier: Automata.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Are we not tired of concern trolling about this game's sales potential yet? Just enjoy the game and stop worrying about it. If people want to buy it they will buy it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, there was something really charming about how IGN in their video review, put the score within Dreams itself. Just a neat little thing.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there more single player content coming?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Looking good so far: 91 Metacritic with seven reviews.

Didn't know it was a $40 game, I thought they'd be asking $60.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Sony was quite tame in how it marketed Dreams. They could've asked Naughty Dog to direct a short game that would be a prequel to TLOU2 in Dreams and it would already gather enough attention to the game. Hell, they could've went all out and asked every single one of their studios to direct a short game, like an Atreus bow hunting sandbox, Uncharted puzzle game, Horizon Zero Dawn 3d gallery where you could see all the robot models up close, Ratchet and Clank 2d platformer, etc. Imagine announcing that you would be able to play all of those inside a single game, that alone would make it interesting enough.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I cancelled my physical pre-order and I'm gonna get it digitally. This is a perfect digital title because I might just want to see what everyone has made every so often and not want to be bothered putting in the disc everytime.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Game is reviewing very well! I'm now really curious about the building tools and how they work. Is it really done through just a DS4?