• Shai-Hulud: The Dune World

Votes: 265 71.6%

• Total voters

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
ZgDZ00a.png

7EDAnff.png

"Dune: Part Two" will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a path of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.

vvrtWMg.png

Dune (Part One) revolves around the desert planet Arrakis, which is the only known source of the Spice Melange. The spice extends cognitive awareness and allows the navigators of the Spacing Guild the ability to guide their ships through the treacherous void of the solar system.

Spice is therefore highly coveted and fought over, and caught in the middle are the indigenous Arrakis Fremen who are currently waging a bitter war against the planet's stewards, the ruthless and conniving Harkonnens.

Into this fight comes House Atreides. Led by Duke Leto, House Atreides is installed as the new steward of Arrakis, but it is a trap set up by the scheming Emperor Shaddam IV who fears the growing influence of the Atreides family.

Duke Leto, his son and heir Paul Atreides and Paul's mother, Duke Leto's concubine and Bene Gesserit seer Lady Jessica, are betrayed by the Harkonnens who are working in league with the Emperor.

Paul and Lady Jessica are outcasts in the desert where they take refuge amid the Fremen. The former starts to grapple with his destiny as the Fremen chosen one or 'mahdi' and also his prophesised destiny as the 'kwisatz haderach', the super-being whose arrival is set to unite the entire universe.

ZojBpvk.png

D17qG27.png

GghN05P.png

Drt5YkK.png

Screenplay by
Denis Villeneuve & Jon Spaihts

Based on the book 'Dune' by
Frank Herbert

Producers
Mary Parent, Cale Boyter, Denis Villeneuve, Tanya Lapointe, Patrick McCormick

Editor
Joe Walker

Production Design
Patrice Vermette

Visual Effects Supervisor
Paul Lambert

Costume Design
Jacqueline West

Production Companies
Legendary Pictures & Villeneuve Films

Distributed by
Warner Bros. Pictures

Running Time
167 minutes

Budget
$190 million

3KWVBLy.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9Dexny3w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YUzQa_1RCE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Qp5pL3ovA

ku9e1wH.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC7-OcFvVEw

D83aPLm.png

Dune: Part Two will be in cinemas around the world from February 28th onwards, with a US and UK release date of March 1st.

There are also a limited number of preview screenings taking place in some countries ahead of their main release date.

5pLvgSk.png

Rotten Tomatoes - 93% after 388 reviews (as of 03/14/24). See reviews.

Metacritic - 79 after 62 reviews (as of 03/14/24). See reviews.

Review Thread

PwRQ57Q.png

The soundtrack can be found on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and more. You can find links to them all here.

TqI4Ui3.png

Please tag all spoilers until the main international release date of March 1st.

Please also consider using spoiler tags to discuss the book and future plot points found in Dune Messiah.

3LjtfSS.png

Dk3oPjT.png

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for Wednesday. So close, yet so far.
But I've been waiting years for this, so I can handle a few days.

Fantastic OP by the way, looks really good while containing useful information.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Seeing this tomorrow night and I am so stupidly excited. The most excited I've ever been for a movie. Feels like a fever dream we actually got a big-budget, 2-part adaptation of freaking Dune.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Seeing this next Saturday, it's going to be a looooong wait. I haven't been this excited to see a movie in theaters in an incredibly long time; this feeling is really something special.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for this! The only (good) IMAX seat I was able to finally get wasn't until March 14th; those Lincoln Square showing are packed for weeks

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's gonna rip. Seeing it in Dolby on Thursday.

I remember finishing the book for the first time over ten years ago, completely in awe of what I had read, what I never imagined science fiction could be capable of. Dune was so formative for me, so essential to my taste. I've read it four times since and I still cherish it. It feels a little bittersweet to see this adaptation come to an end. I always imagined a good movie was possible, but highly unlikely. Yet we somehow have a two-part, big budget, thoughtful and reverent adaptation from Denis Villeneuve, a generational talent. The Bene Gesserit could not have planned a better outcome.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Jealous of everyone seeing it early, I got the earliest ticket I could on Friday. I'll take a break from FF7R, pop out, watch this, then get back to gaming.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Finished the book yesterday, then rewatched the 2021 movie.
They changed and left out so much. It's also different because so much dialogue of the book are characters thinking.
The first movie also did not make any indication that the Sardaukar were disguised so that takes away the mystery of the Emperor being involved.

Super hyped though to see this. Hoping for Part Three/ Messiah

How will they do Saint Alia of the Knife??
Also I see on IMDB there's noone cast for Count Fenring??

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The first movie also did not make any indication that the Sardaukar were disguised so that takes away the mystery of the Emperor being involved.
Well, it's still kinda a mystery. There's no satellites above Arrakis, and the Harkonnen/Saudakar assumedly killed everyone else. The Emperor don't want anyone to find out he was involved, so that's why he wants to get rid of Paul when he hears of his survival. I'm not sure if anyone knows about Gurney and his troops out in the wild.

But yeah, the book is so much better than Part One.

Last edited:

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
The spice must flow.
Got tickets reserved for the 27th.

Last time there was a small fear if Part Two would get green lit or not but thankfully this time around it's practically assured "Part Three" (Dune Messiah) will get made.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I rewatched Part One last night in preparation and yep, it still kicks ass. Denis did a brilliant job. I really can't wait.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Have my tickets for next Sunday at 8pm. I'll probably see it a few times after that by myself, but wanted to see it for the first time with my partner.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready! Rewatching Part 1 tonight and going to see Part 2 on Friday. So jealous some of yall get to see this today!

less

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until the showing tonight. Hoping it lives up to everything I wanted it to be and more.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Also seeing it tonight. Looked a bit ago and saw that about 95% of the seats were filled. Bodes really well for the film that it is almost sold out in my town where I never felt like something like Dune would be this popular.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Thanks for making the OP.

I'm con complete media black-out have not seen ANYTHING about it except for the release date, nothing about who is in it or anything

Not reading any of the post here yet not even the OP sorry I'll after seeing the movie.
Just wanted to say that I'm very hyped for it and that I have my IMAX seats booked and rdy for next Thursday.

Its a been way too long since part 1 and I can't wait, part 1 was incredible.

I'll talk to everyone after I have seen the movie! :D

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Watching this tonight in less than 8 hours.
I can't believe I'm finally watching this after all this time.
I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach....
Btw does anyone know if the credits are worth staying for? I assume there's nothing during or after the credits at all right?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna go to a good burger place and get a double smash burger and 2 beers and then enjoy this in 7 hours. Haven't been this excited for a movie in a while.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Went to see Perfect Days but they had this smut out in the open. You used to have to go behind a bead curtain to get access to such things

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
Thanks to whoever let us know about the imax presale. Under two hours before I watch in 70mm glory.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
1 more hour for me...Im getting really bad butterflies in my stomach FUCK...

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Both the guys next to me bought the bucket. I told them "enjoy your buckets, but not too much"

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
It was amazing

The Geidi Prime Arena scenes were so imaginative. I would love a deep dive into the design of how they did it. I know the rumor is they filmed in infrared.