Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
It's the same shit every single time. They are beautiful games with amazing settings and decent stories, sadly they are also janky as fuck, have awful awful Ai and are about as deep as a puddle. They are the poster child for games where features just get piled on rather than fixing the foundation.

The series is the castle built on sand of gaming.

Robobadlad

Jun 12, 2018
Huh, I've not seen anywhere near that amount of bugs in the 17 hours I've played it. The only bug of that level I've seen is when I loaded the game up and the sea hadn't properly loaded, so it looked like my ship was flying, with flying sharks visible underneath, but a quick re-load sorted it. I definitely haven't seen anything that would make me describe it as a "disaster of a videogame"...

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Seriously, why are threads about Dunkey allowed on this site when he's a toxic person who's said the F-G word and N-word (hard R) and has never apologized for it?

What makes him different than some one like Pewdipie?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"With Origins they tried to turn Assassin's Creed into MGSV. The problem is they haven't even caught up with MGS2."

WEW

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people who aren't playing the game and don't plan to just simply need ONE more thread about how much Odyssey sucks. Especially considering today's earlier news about the game's sales that only has five pages because it doesn't follow a specific narrative.
GBqy0wY.gif

This is getting really sad now. Even for you this is too much.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the kind of thread where people complain how buggy a game is they haven't played because a Youtuber cut several bugs into a few minute video?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty typical for a dunkey "look", its not a 10/10 game so he makes a bit of fun at it. I think I will enjoy the game in a few months when all the DLCs are out, most of the bugs patched out, etc and its on a 50-75% sale. The $110 or whatever price tag for the ultimate edition (with the perma boosts) is a bit ridiculous, but I'd pay $30-40 to play a 40-50 hour game set in Greece.

Sadly that feels like every new Ubisoft game now, I have gotten burned twice now on FC5 and AC:O with bugs/price drops so unless its a game I am dying to play or has a multiplayer component that is fantastic (R6, maybe Division 2) I just automatically put any Ubisoft game now into the "buy a few months later" category.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I've not seen anywhere near that amount of bugs in the 17 hours I've played it. The only bug of that level I've seen is when I loaded the game up and the sea hadn't properly loaded, so it looked like my ship was flying, with flying sharks visible underneath, but a quick re-load sorted it. I definitely haven't seen anything that would make me describe it as a "disaster of a videogame"...
For what it's worth, Dunkey does have a history of intentionally pretending games are far buggier than they actually are. His AC: Origins video last year was a pertinent example of that. Dunkey is one of those people who is far more entertaining talking about games he likes than games he doesn't like, because although he tends to be "misleading" in both cases, blatantly lying about a game when you're praising it comes across as funny, while blatantly lying about a game when you're attacking it comes across as mean spirited.

dunkeytoff1.png

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the kind of thread where people complain how buggy a game is they haven't played because a Youtuber cut several bugs into a few minute video?

The series has a long history of bugs. Every single game released in the series has the same stupid shit going on with the AI. The whole fucking system needs scrapping and totally redone, you can still assassinate a guard whilst he's standing right next to another and nothing will even happen.

I've posted videos of guards in long grass all shouting ''watch my back'' whilst they get back stabbed in to a pile of bodies over and over again.

This has been a problem since AC 1.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
For what it's worth, Dunkey does have a history of intentionally pretending games are far buggier than they actually are. His AC: Origins video last year was a pertinent example of that. Dunkey is one of those people who is far more entertaining talking about games he likes than games he doesn't like, because although he tends to be "misleading" in both cases, blatantly lying about a game when you're praising it comes across as funny, while blatantly lying about a game when you're attacking it comes across as mean spirited.

dunkeytoff1.png
Yeah, I normally like watching Dunkey, but bug cuts that he even makes intentionally look bad are not very entertaining.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

dunkeytoff1.png
Stop providing facts you shill fanboy. /s

While also providing nuclear takes about how "oh this video is why i'm not buying the game." ? Yes, this is one of those threads.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
"With Origins they tried to turn Assassin's Creed into MGSV. The problem is they haven't even caught up with MGS2."

WEW

This doesnt even make sense. Both games have a somewhat similar detection system (line of sight, distance) but Odyssey's pathing for the guard A.I. is more dynamic due to having larger environments to walk around in, they can actually respond to running footsteps, their search mode isnt just relegated to select rooms in a tightly linear environment, etc.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Unfunny video, forced humour. It is more snark and toxic than it is comedy. This isn't even comedy, it's regurgitated internet-brand humour akin to that of shtick of Jim Sterling and the millions more who think they are riding a very high horse Can't wait for these "funny" monologues to just die out.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
The series has a long history of bugs. Every single game released in the series has the same stupid shit going on with the AI. The whole fucking system needs scrapping and totally redone, you can still assassinate a guard whilst he's standing right next to another and nothing will even happen.

I've posted videos of guards in long grass all shouting ''watch my back'' whilst they get back stabbed in to a pile of bodies over and over again.

You can apply this AI criticism to literally every game

At some point if you make the AI too smart it will get too hard and annoying for the player

Cutting fringe cases that look particularly bad into a few minute video is not what I'd call representative.

Like, how many games where you can stealth kill have smart AI

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This doesnt even make sense. Both games have a somewhat similar detection system (line of sight, distance) but Odyssey's pathing for the guard A.I. is more dynamic due to having larger environments to walk around in, they can actually respond to running footsteps, they're search mode isnt just relegated to select rooms in a tightly linear environment, etc.
Nope, MGS2 has better AI than AC:Odyssey, confirmed. I don't know how AI works but this youtuber said sound smart.
/s

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. The microtransaction and balance concerns multiply every time I see something new about this game.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is 100% intentional. Why do you think it appears in so many games? (Mafia III, for instance, had a very similar stealth model.) It's not some "bug" or "issue". The game has intentionally been designed that way because it's a very casual approach to stealth. Players want to be able to kill someone from behind without alerting the person next to them.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

dunkeytoff1.png

It's called comedic effect. He does that in all his videos; most of us don't care because we're not emotionally attached to software and can laugh about it. He did a lot of that in the TLG video (edited scenes from different moments to make one joke) and it was damn hilarious.

His videos are not meant to be taken as a reviews.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is 100% intentional. Why do you think it appears in so many games? (Mafia III, for instance, had a very similar stealth model.) It's not some "bug" or "issue". The game has intentionally been designed that way because it's a very casual approach to stealth. Players want to be able to kill someone from behind without alerting the person next to them.
They should 100% scrap that, and batman's dev's need to let guards randomly turn around in an unpredictable manner if he's sneaking up on them. AI behaviors in a stealth game should not in any way be predictable or exploitable. /s

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Played it. Game is very buggy. I've seen some weird, weird shit already and I only just got to Athens.
Which platform, if I may ask? I'm on PS4 and like 20 hours in without a single bug.

That bugginess varies person to person shouldn't be surprising. If there were actual severe problems, we'd be getting tons of footage and reports like the time ME: Andromeda released.

Deleted member 43446

User requested account closure
Banned
May 15, 2018
The people who aren't playing the game and don't plan to just simply need ONE more thread about how much Odyssey sucks. Especially considering today's earlier news about the game's sales that only has five pages because it doesn't follow a specific narrative.
GBqy0wY.gif

Agreed, this reminds me of when Detroit: Become Human came out and some users who had nothing but disdain for the game kept jumping on every thread sharing their hot takes on how awful and stupid the game was.