CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oh so you people call others out, but when it's someone you like, your not like "Nah he's not a racist or a homophob!" He's both, and by enabling his videos you are enabling his racism and homophobia. He should be banned on ERA. We don't need content creators like him on this site.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dunkey certainly doesn't have a history of misrepresenting games he doesn't like. /s
dunkeytoff1.png
I never said he doesn't (another example would be Splatoon 2) but this thread existing doesn't mean it got posted because some secret hater force needed more material.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, this reminds me of when Detroit: Become Human came out and some users who had nothing but disdain for the game kept jumping on every thread sharing their hot takes on how awful and stupid the game was.
I don't like this comparison, that the writing in that game is horrible and tasteless is a valid opinion, there's no misrepresentation in that. There were android concentration camps for gods sake.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
does it even matter if it is the same character in origins. the bug works most like the same regardless wich character gets thrown in the water??

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Which platform, if I may ask? I'm on PS4 and like 20 hours in without a single bug.

That bugginess varies person to person shouldn't be surprising. If there were actual severe problems, we'd be getting tons of footage and reports like the time ME: Andromeda released.

Base PS4. It's a mess. Had one base invasion where my game would hang for three seconds, then jerk forward, then hang for three more seconds, then jerk forward. It lasted for four straight minutes. Made playing the game completely impossible.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Play Game
-Enjoy Game
-Tell people you enjoy game
-Get called the company's "defense force" for enjoying game

Embarrassing.
-Try to pass of game's legitimate problems as nothing because you're 20 years old and have a weird attachment to a mediocre franchise since you grew up with it

Yeah, embarrassing.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should 100% scrap that, and batman's dev's need to let guards randomly turn around in an unpredictable manner if he's sneaking up on them. /s

There is something to be said for keeping players on their toes, mind you. The solution later Splinter Cell games went for is interesting, though. In the early Splinter Cell games, NPCs would sometimes decide to turn around while you're sneaking up behind them. But in the later games, they changed the behavior so that if an NPC has Fisher behind them, they will instead turn 90 degrees left or right, and walk away. The latter is better for playability, but it also means NPCs will never turn around like a normal person and see the creepy black-clad dude behind them.

There's a lot of fudging that goes on with stealth design. For example, if the player crouches around the corner of a doorway, and someone walks through the doorway, facing straight ahead, should they see the player? Different games have different answers to this.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe the problem isn't Jim Sterling, maybe it's something to do with the game...
Why the fuck are people taking a dunkey video seriously?
the guy has a GotY award that goes to SMB2 EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN YEAR.
Are we gonna crucify him because he didn't like the latest Assassin's Creed as much as some other?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's called comedic effect. He does that in all his videos; most of us don't care because we're not emotionally attached to software and can laugh about it. He did a lot of that in the TLG video (edited scenes from different moments to make one joke) and it was damn hilarious.
Do his videos clarify as much? Or does he make it seem like the game's actually as buggy as he's making it seem by faking stuff?

Regardless though, I can't believe people think this stuff's funny or enjoyable.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Try to pass of game's legitimate problems as nothing because you're 20 years old and have a weird attachment to a mediocre franchise since you grew up with it

Yeah, embarrassing.
Even dunkey fans in here realize and say that he goes out of his way to misrepresent and even fake things in games to make it bad for comedic effect. If you think this video has any legitimate criticism...lmao

That's the worst thing about Dunkey videos. Some idiots think they are actual representing the game as it actually is. Bunch of people in this thread are already boarding the hate train based on this video alone.

Robobadlad

Jun 12, 2018

Yeah, embarrassing.

-Getting someone throwing insults at you for saying you enjoy game. Embarrassing.

The problem is the "legitimate problems" of the game have been way overblown by this video. I even said in my initial post that I've come across one or two weird bugs myself, but a video like this makes it look like every 5 seconds you'll have characters clipping through the walls when that isn't really the case (in my experience).

Why do you have a weird hatred of the franchise? I mean, if Ubisoft make you this mad... just don't play their games?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the problem isn't Jim Sterling, maybe it's something to do with the game...
Are we gonna crucify him because he didn't like the latest Assassin's Creed as much as some other?
Yeah it's kinda weird.

Hey, there is no need to bring Mario into this!
Lol.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If by "hardcore shilling" you mean "refuting shameless lies about it", then no.
I understand we're in the era of post-truth gaming though, so you do you.

There's a difference between refuting stuff you disagree with and and showing up in every single thread and crying about people dislike it's mtx.

tbh, nvm shilling, that's employee of the month shit, because I couldn't be assed to do that for my all time favorite game even if you paid me.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Oh so you people call others out, but when it's someone you like, your not like "Nah he's not a racist or a homophob!" He's both, and by enabling his videos you are enabling his racism and homophobia. He should be banned on ERA. We don't need content creators like him on this site.
"we" lmao

It's clear as day nobody here cares what you have to say.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017

The problem is that there seems to be an irrational hatred of video games YouTube content creators on era. It's really weird.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Holy crap this thread.

1) I always see Dunkey videos get posted as their own topics on resetera. There's nothing different here. I personally don't care for him but I don't go into these topics and berate or bad mouth those that enjoy them.

2) Assassin's Creed Odyssey defenders of the crown don't sweat it. It's Dunkey, he'll make fun of games for the lols. You guys, and you know who you are, seriously need to chill out about anyone speaking ill of Odessey. It's insane to the point that I felt the need to make this post.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering he goes out to outright lie about how they work and also lies about the grind, not really.
So you're telling me that he, and all the others who ran into the same XP progression wall... are... lying?

2) Assassin's Creed Odyssey defenders of the crown don't sweat it. It's Dunkey, he'll make fun of games for the lols. You guys, and you know who you are, seriously need to chill out about anyone speaking ill of Odessey. It's insane to the point that I felt the need to make this post.
It really is weird.

It's past their bedtime, in any case.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft games are made with 800+ person teams to appeal to the lowest possible common denominator by inundating the game with 'content' and good graphics because theres literally nothing else going on under the hood. I WANT to like these games but when stuff like snapping necks doesnt kill cause the enemy is +1 'stat' higher than you and the stories are monkeys on typewriter level of quality, it's hard for me to understand why there's defenders. Why even defend? These games are the General Mills Cereal of video games where its just to stock the shelves and you know the brand. I don't even care about the MTX, they and EA have been selling cheats since like 2008, people kept buying them to the point where they affect the design now only have themselves to blame for letting it happen.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
There's a difference between refuting stuff you disagree with and and showing up in every single thread and crying about people dislike it's mtx.

tbh, nvm shilling, that's employee of the month shit, because I couldn't be assed to do that for my all time favorite game even if you paid me.

Funny, you're showing in every single thread about AC O shitting on the game. So by your own logic... something something paid by competition something?
Also it's kind of sad you still didn't manage to grasp the fact I'm not "crying about people dislike it's (sp, lol) mtx". I'm setting the facts straight when people regurgitate proven lies.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dunkey's videos are not supposed to be informative about a product. Hell, he's intentionally misleading for laughs.

He's an entertainer, not a reviewer.
It's a complicated problem because so many people take Dunkey seriously. There are parallels between a lot of comedy-oriented youtubers and Cinemasins. They have the unfortunate effect of dragging down the quality of general discourse because so many people embrace the poor arguments and outright fabrications and use them to form their own opinions. It's basically an underlying cultural problem that these youtubers happen to feed, knowingly or not.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ubisoft games are made with 800+ person teams to appeal to the lowest possible common denominator by inundating the game with 'content' and good graphics because theres literally nothing else going on under the hood. I WANT to like these games but when stuff like snapping necks doesnt kill cause the enemy is +1 'stat' higher than you and the stories are monkeys on typewriter level of quality, it's hard for me to understand why there's defenders. Why even defend? These games are the General Mills Cereal of video games where its just to stock the shelves and you know the brand.
I can really tell you want to like this game by the way you clearly hate this game and everything it stands for, regardless of critical reception.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Polygon
"LOL Polygon don't know how to play games, remember DOOM? Gamejournalism, right guys?"
- Several reviews
"Those reviewers having to rush through games to get their reviews as fast as possible! Shame on them!"
- Jim Sterling
"That guy is just to make negative videos, is his schtick! He gave BotW a 7!! c'mon!!"
- Some people experiences with the game
"This is an open world RPG, you aren't playing the game right!! Go play Spiderman to something and let the real gamers enjoy the game!!"
- Dunkey
"He makes fake reviews and he's a joke! is dosn't count!!"

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're telling me that he, and all the others who ran into the same XP progression wall... are... lying?

It really is weird.

It's past their bedtime, in any case.
We have documented proof of him lying about previous games and outright faking several bugs, so yes, he's lying.
Who are all the "others" btw? The polygon article that makes claims that have been debunked the day the article came out, or the clickbait Youtuber known as Jim Sterling that claims to have liked Origins (despite the fact that Origins has even more grindy and has the exact same MTX model, mind you)
- Polygon
"LOL Polygon don't know how to play games, remember DOOM? Gamejournalism, right guys?"
- Several reviews
"Those reviewers having to rush through games to get their reviews as fast as possible! Shame on them!"
- Jim Sterling
"That guy is just to make negative videos, is his schtick! He gave BotW a 7!! c'mon!!"
- Some people experiences with the game
"This is an open world RPG, you aren't playing the game right!! Go play Spiderman to something and let the real gamers enjoy the game!!"
- Dunkey
"He makes fake reviews and he's a joke! is dosn't count!!"
Can you post the "several reviews"? Because I have yet to see any proof of it.
Dunkey, even by his fans admission, misrepresents the games he plays for comedic effect. That you take his video seriously, well...

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a solid game with a few bugs and lack of polish. Two things that are truly negatives in my opinion are the microtransactions/grind and the padding. This sentence can be aplied to so many open-world games I played this gen "you experience everything the game has to offer in the first 10 hours, then it goes on for another 30".

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Any other RPG that sold permanent XP boosters to lessen the grind would be rightly crucified on Era.
This is only a problem if the game is made more grindy to sell those boosters, this game is not, the people who are saying that are probably trying to avoid all side content they can and then wonder why I say they don't understand what an RPG is.

You can crucify it all you want for having MTX at all, nothing wrong with that, but telling bs about levelgating being there to make people buy boosters is not what I'd call legitimate criticism.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Funny, you're showing in every single thread about AC O shitting on the game. So by your own logic... something something paid by competition something?
Also it's kind of sad you still didn't manage to grasp the fact I'm not "crying about people dislike it's (sp, lol) mtx". I'm setting the facts straight when people regurgitate proven lies.

I've posted in 3 threads and I've never shit on the game, I'm actually really looking forward to playing it because I love ancient greek shit and really enjoyed what I played of origins.

So much for setting facts straight lmao. Does making up your own delusions pay extra?