MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
IF they have a MH Only Switch game in the pipeline

1 It's probably has a very low budget

2 They are not going to advertise it

Because it's clear Capcom has no interest in heavily infesting in the Switch.

Some of you are really upset about Capcom not making Switch exclusives, huh? So much so that you would come out with hot takes like this. Interesting.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Some of you are really upset about Capcom not making Switch exclusives, huh? So much so that you would come out with hot takes like this. Interesting.

It's such weird self-defeating circular logic. "If they make a new game in one of their biggest franchises for the Switch, they won't treat it like a new game in one of their biggest franchises, because they don't want to invest in making new games in their biggest franchises on the Switch!"

But...but if they make the game...then they are making the game...so...

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's such weird self-defeating circular logic. "If they make a new game in one of their biggest franchises for the Switch, they won't treat it like a new game in one of their biggest franchises, because they don't want to invest in making new games in their biggest franchises on the Switch!"

But...but if they make the game...then they are making the game...so...

That about sums it up. It's an illogical stance.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'll speculate the four big titles first. Not sure if any of them will happen (RE3 is happening and confirmed), here's what I think we'll get:
Resident Evil 3 Remake (Which we already know)
A Resident Evil Spin-off of sorts
Mega Man X9
Switch Exclusive Monster Hunter (with World QoL Improvements)

As for the Medium Title, my speculation is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 7.
X9 would probably be a mid-tier title, not unlike Mega Man 11. You don't really need to go with a AAA budget for a good Mega Man game, as 11 proved.

Jaal

Oct 28, 2017
A Monster Hunter portable its not my definition of big title after World, but its smart move for Capcom and easy money before next gen.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Its not really about switch exclusives, its about effort in their output. 90% of what they released are old 360/ps3 games or watered down remastered versions of those from ps4/xb1.

Even the output of Devil may cry is borderline scummy if you ask me, dividing 3 games that where part of a collection on ps3/360 and slice them up and sell them for 30 bucks each.

Please let one be a new Monster Hunter for Switch. A new game in the series for Switch is long overdue.

Yup i hope so to, but a new game for capcom on switch is long overdue tbh

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are only posting hot takes here. Better to not give them attention since it is often what they are looking for.

Capcom's initial stance regarding the Switch was dismissive, true, they only released one new game in 3 years (MM11), also true. However if they are indeed putting their biggest franchise on it then maybe it is because they revised their stance and saw their mistake (and every company will be wrong at one time in this moving industry).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sounds like:
- RE3 and Rev3
- MH Switch
- A fighting game (probably SF6)

And for medium, something like DMC5:SE or Megaman.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Fingers crossed for a Dead Rising 5 made by the developers of Dead Rising 1. I know it got canned when they closed down Vancouver but I'm hopefull. Also, a new MAHVEL game would be nice, done right ofcourse.

I wonder if they will go RE VIII or remake Code Veronica or some older title?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I could see RE8 I think, regardless of what has been posted. 4 years since the series actually moved forward seems like a long time for capcom.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The medium game is probably Sengoku Basara 5. They have been teasing a project for this year's 15th anniversary.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Its not really about switch exclusives, its about effort in their output. 90% of what they released are old 360/ps3 games or watered down remastered versions of those from ps4/xb1.

Even the output of Devil may cry is borderline scummy if you ask me, dividing 3 games that where part of a collection on ps3/360 and slice them up and sell them for 30 bucks each.

Yup i hope so to, but a new game for capcom on switch is long overdue tbh
You're right. Made me realize that Capcom's Switch release are mostly ports and only Mega Man 11 isn't. Kinda sad really.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me some iteration of MegaMan Battle Network and I'll be happy.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do they have a recent mobile MH game? They'll probably port that to Switch.

Hopefully one of these 4 is X9 or Battle Network

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
SFVI, RE3, Rev 3/Rev-esque spin off, and Monster Hunter are definitely locks. One between Mega Man/Ace Attorney is probably the middle tier title.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
You're right. Made me realize that Capcom's Switch release are mostly ports and only Mega Man 11 isn't. Kinda sad really.
yup, thats why i dont really have high hopes for capcom on switch this gen. I mean i thoroughly enjoyed MHGU, but you had the midset that it was a 3ds upport(and i was okay with that). It wouldnt suprice me if they just ported over MHhunters and call it a day.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG
Because the game sold bad. Like, really bad. Its reported that one week it actually sold a negative number of copies (so more people returned the game than it sold). So yeah, despite it being an amazing game, no one played the damn thing ;(
Or so the rumor goes anyway:

So exactly how badly DID Demon's Crest sell? | Hardcore Gaming 101

I always hear it spouted as common knowledge that Demon's Crest sold terribly and/or was so disappointing to the first batch of American gamers who purchased it that it triggered a massive wave of

Such a shame, the game needs a port so that more people can experience the game, and the two previous Gargoyle Quest games (its seriously one of my favourite Capcom series, maybe even more so than the main GnG series)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame, the game needs a port so that more people can experience the game, and the two previous Gargoyle Quest games (its seriously one of my favourite Capcom series, maybe even more so than the main GnG series)
Demon's Crest is currently available as part of the Nintendo Switch Online subscription, so it's readily available for those interested in playing it. Hopefully Gargoyle's Quest 2 is added as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Crest is currently available as part of the Nintendo Switch Online subscription, so it's readily available for those interested in playing it. Hopefully Gargoyle's Quest 2 is added as well.
I already own an original copy for my Super Nintendo, so I'm good. But it'd be nice if we get proper (physical) ports to all platforms, not just a digital, subscription only release for the Switch. Its better than nothing though.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The medium game is probably Sengoku Basara 5. They have been teasing a project for this year's 15th anniversary.
They've announced they'll announce the game this July. It would be weird to announce an announcement of a port or a mobile spinoff, but Basara hasn't really moved copies since Utage so maybe that's all we'll get.
They did call back Tsuchibayashi for the main illustration, so I want to be optimistic this time.
Real Basara 5, made on the cheap with MT Framework, PS4/Switch/Steam, back to the system of 3, new characters designed by Tsuchibayashi, with the writer of Utage.
Cherry on top if the writer of 4 has been demoted to photocopy duty and never touches the series again.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
So much potential for that one. Outside the main games there's loads of side stuff that never left Japan - like the Arthur/Astaroth puzzle game (which is a blast), the Wonderswan game, the Kai version of Ultimate GnG etc.
Potentially also the Maximo games too really. Capcom tends to go pretty basic on their Legacy Collections though, I wouldn't be surprised if a GnGLC only comprised the four main series titles (Arcade Ghosts, Arcade Ghouls, Super Ghouls, Ultimate Ghosts).

Maybe Ace Attorney 4-6 collection?
I think those will happen but probably with individual $20 releases.

Oct 25, 2017
yup, thats why i dont really have high hopes for capcom on switch this gen. I mean i thoroughly enjoyed MHGU, but you had the midset that it was a 3ds upport(and i was okay with that). It wouldnt suprice me if they just ported over MHhunters and call it a day.
This Gen for Switch has what two years left expecting a turn around from J3P on it is foolhardy

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

A SB5 that was localized with better care would be amazing. Last time it had a proper game (fuck off gacha) the PS3 was still getting support. Seeing a game actually take advantage of Capcom's recent graphical leaps would be sick.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Games I want

New Ghosts 'n Goblins
Dino Crisis remake
Capcom vs Capcom
Rival Schools 3
Mega Man Legends 3
New Shu Takumi game

What it'll end up being

Street Fighter 6
Onimusha reboot
Monster Hunter Switch

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Making sense and Capcoms "support" of the Switch really doesn't mesh well.
Capcom likely made the wrong call in thinking the Switch was gonna fail. Likewise, their handling of older ports is hit-or-miss. But regarding the current batch of games, most of them are either on the RE Engine (RE7, RE2R, DMC5, RE3R), failed (MvCI), or have some sort of Sony deal involved (SFV, MHW). That doesn't leave the Switch with a ton of options, especially going into the next console generation. And I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom releases some next-gen only games within the first year (at the very least, I'm expecting SFVI to be exclusively next-gen).

Mar 23, 2018
So something like this?

1st title: RE3
2nd title: Resident Evil FPS
3rd title: Onimusha
4th title: Monster Hunter Switch
Medium title: Rival Schools (From Itsuno)

I do not want to see Dragon's Dogma 2 as a current gen title, personally. I'd rather see it in its glory come next-gen hardware.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So something like this?

1st title: RE3
2nd title: Resident Evil FPS
3rd title: Onimusha
4th title: Monster Hunter Switch
Medium title: Rival Schools

I do not want to see Dragon's Dogma 2 as a current gen title, personally. I'd rather see it in its glory come next-gen hardware.
I'd probably swap Onimusha for SFVI & Rival Schools for MMX9. Also, as mentioned earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom fully commits to next-gen sooner than most.

Speaking of which, my dumb ass read it as "one or two medium titles", so I should adjust my prediction accordingly...
  • Major Projects
    • Resident Evil 3 Remake
      • PS4/XB1/PC
    • RE Werewolves Spin-Off
      • PS5/XSX/PC
    • Street Fighter VI
      • PS5/XSX/PC
    • Monster Hunter Switch
      • Switch
  • Mid-Tier Project
    • Mega Man X9
      • PS4/PS5/Switch/XB1/XSX/PC

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom likely made the wrong call in thinking the Switch was gonna fail. Likewise, their handling of older ports is hit-or-miss. But regarding the current batch of games, most of them are either on the RE Engine (RE7, RE2R, DMC5, RE3R), failed (MvCI), or have some sort of Sony deal involved (SFV, MHW). That doesn't leave the Switch with a ton of options, especially going into the next console generation. And I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom releases some next-gen only games within the first year (at the very least, I'm expecting SFVI to be exclusively next-gen).
Even companies that dismissed the Switch initially were able to do a quick turnaround and employ porting studios to get their current games on the system. And by and large from what we heard (could be empty PR platitudes) these efforts payed dividends. Capcom in the other hand is like Ned Flanders's parents: We tried nothing and are all out of ideas. Not as bad as EA mind you.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Even companies that dismissed the Switch initially were able to do a quick turnaround and employ porting studios to get their current games on the system. And by and large from what we heard (could be empty PR platitudes) these efforts payed dividends. Capcom in the other hand is like Ned Flanders's parents: We tried nothing and are all out of ideas. Not as bad as EA mind you.
But the problem is what I mentioned, most of Capcom's output involves one of those three situations. And honestly, if the RE Engine could work on the Switch, it probably would have been made Switch-compatible by now. And with next-gen looming in on the horizon, the chances of anything beyond mid-tier projects, MH Switch, or legacy collections are quite slim at this point.