Status
Not open for further replies.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
Please, just give us a tease of a new Silent Hill. FF would be really cool but I just wanna see SH come back. :|

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I told a guy about how MH switch could sell 10 million, he laughed and told me I was ridiculous.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Place your bets, how will any Monster Hunter showcased in the Partner Showcase look compared to Riders?

When do you think MH Switch will be released? You reckon February/March?
February is already not an option imho given 3D World with the expansion, that game is a big deal, doesn't really make sense to release 2 big titles the same month.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Place your bets, how will any Monster Hunter showcased in the Partner Showcase look compared to Riders?

February is already not an option imho given 3D World with the expansion, that game is a big deal, doesn't really make sense to release 2 big titles the same month.

Probably WAY more realistic for MHS. Stories 2 will probably go the chibi route like the first game.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I think it's most likely March but both games can be released in the same month - remember when Nintendo and third parties released a bunch of games in September 2019.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

I think March is likely, with that said - those games wouldnt affect each other.

Nintendo has released multiple first part games themselves in a single month, not sure why a big game by a third party and first party suddenly would be impossible.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
January and March seem like good months for Capcom so I'm guessing RE8 in January then MH in March. Could be the other way round though.
I hope it's sooner lmao, I legit can't wait to play it.

By the way, this is going to sound cheesy but thank you so much for giving us the hints back in 2017 and the last years even though majority have said that MH on Switch would never happen.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think this game might have a shot of massively topping the previous MonHun games on Nintendo portables.

They will market the shit out of this game and Switch userbase is embracing good software so far.

Oh, without a doubt. The West didn't give a shit about Monster Hunter when 3U/4U/Generations came out. Very little fucks given. Japan carried those games and, to be fair, to a ridiculous degree. I know we all know how big MH is in Japan but I don't think it can ever be over emphasised. I was in Japan one year and saw a massive line down the street one day. Presumed it was a hot restaurant before the lunch rush or something. Nope, it was an opticians who were launching a new range of Monster Hunter glasses (just regular eye glasses with a MH logo on the frame) and people were literally queueing down the street to get them. I went back the following year and it was the week or two around the launch of MHX and they had the Monster Hunter theme on repeat blasting out over the loud speakers across the main crossing and at Shibuya and the surrounding streets for literally the whole two weeks I was there.

Now that the West has caught up (to an extent - obviously not to the same degree), a new Switch entry will do crazy numbers worldwide.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, without a doubt. The West didn't give a shit about Monster Hunter when 3U/4U/Generations came out. Very little fucks given. Japan carried those games and, to be fair, to a ridiculous degree. I know we all know how big MH is in Japan but I don't think it can ever be over emphasised. I was in Japan one year and saw a massive line down the street one day. Presumed it was a hot restaurant before the lunch rush or something. Nope, it was an opticians who were launching a new range of Monster Hunter glasses (just regular eye glasses with a MH logo on the frame) and people were literally queueing down the street to get them. I went back the following year and it was the week or two around the launch of MHX and they had the Monster Hunter theme on repeat blasting out over the loud speakers across the main crossing and at Shibuya and the surrounding streets for literally the whole two weeks I was there.

Now that the West has caught up (to an extent - obviously not to the same degree), a new Switch entry will do crazy numbers worldwide.

When you consider how well Switch software is selling in Japan, it's a bit crazy to think what a MH Switch game could do there alone.

It will easily top Portable 3rd which is currently the highest selling MH game there I believe? So you've already got 5-6m+ sales locked in long term.

I think it would easily do similar numbers worldwide given how well Switch is doing everywhere, some Nintendo marketing and Monster Hunter's increased popularity. Beast.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So basically what we all predicted.
Yup when presented it like that (I don't think many would've guessed it if I hadn't mentioned Capcom was plotting for 4 big titles in the 2020 fiscal year though), and was originally the plan, but obviously some things got a bit bumpy this year too.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yup when presented it like that (I don't think many would've guessed it if I hadn't mentioned Capcom was plotting for 4 big titles in the 2020 fiscal year though), and was originally the plan, but obviously some things got a bit bumpy this year too.
Between COVID & the Ono debacle, I can understand. I'd imagine that said Ono situation set back whatever other fighting games may have been in the pipeline (Ex: A Versus game).

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Do you think SF VI, Pragmata and RE4 are all launching in the next fiscal year?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think you also mentionned a medium sized game too right ? Is it still on track for the FY ?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It's been confirmed / rumoured that these are Capcom next titles

1. Monster Hunter Switch
  2. Resident Evil 8
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. Street Fighter 6
  5. Pragmata
  6. Itsuno next project (Dragon's Dogma?)
  7. Monster Hunter World 2
I expect all these games to be out by the end of 2023/ early 2024 and i think there's more.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

1. Monster Hunter Switch
  2. Resident Evil 8
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. Street Fighter 6
  5. Pragmata
I expect all these games to be out by the end of 2023/ early 2024 and i think there's more.
MH Stories 2 has also been rumored. And I'd be shocked if we don't get a Versus game of some kind.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

1. Monster Hunter Switch
  2. Resident Evil 8
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. Street Fighter 6
  5. Pragmata
I'll say this, at this very moment I know of a few other games you didn't list there currently in development.

But now is absolutely not the time to talk about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.