SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Just like Claire (Lets be real, Revelations 2 wasn't really a Claire game, it was Barry and Natalia), Rebecca got kicked down the totem pole from fighter to rescuer as they said for Claire in Resident Evil Degeneration. Rebecca was treated like a damn Damsel in distress in RE Vendetta then Claire/Rebecca had a moment in RE Death Island together like "Yeah! we did something like the main heroes! *Highfive.*" It's really sucky treatment Capcom gives to Claire and Rebecca these days. It's always Leon this and that with ball tickling from Ada or Chris Redfield (although I like him more than Leon) Simply put, I do not know if we're ever going to see Rebecca/Claire in a main character spotlight EVER again but I'd love it if they did

acf22df7159367964ff153d163e151d30d0aa49f.gifv

While I largely agree with you, I don't think this is fair to Rev2. Claire and Barry are both equal protagonists. Claire's final chapter is much shorter than Barry's, but it's more than made up for since Claire comes back for the final boss fight in Barry's final chapter and gets the killing blow. Aside from a couple of awkwardly localized lines she has (bizarrely quoting Steve from CV, and being so awkward with Natalia), Claire is done no disservice in Rev2.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
While I largely after with you, I don't think this is fair to Rev2. Claire and Barry are both equal protagonists. Claire's final chapter is much shorter than Barry's, but it's more than made up for since Claire comes back for the final boss fight in Barry's final chapter and gets the killing blow.
I do like that she got to deliver the final blow to Alex. Both Wesker's getting killed by Redfields is fitting.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Rev2 happened nearly a decade ago lmao. Anyway it's not confirmed who the protagonist is. It could be a new female character or a returning one.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
The main female characters deserve better

Seriously.

Chronologically speaking and despite her huge popularity, Jill hasn't been the star of a Resident Evil game, since the Clinton Administration.

People love Jill. She's consistently in the Top 3 in so many polls. They went out of their way to make her age slower than the rest of the aging cast, I don't understand their reluctance to use her.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Seriously.

Chronologically speaking and despite her huge popularity, Jill hasn't been the star of a Resident Evil game, since the Clinton Administration.

People love Jill. She's consistently in the Top 3 in so many polls. They went out of their way to make her age slower than the rest of the aging cast, I don't understand their reluctance to use her.
Because when Poochie Leon isn't on screen, people should be asking "Where's Leon?"

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Resident Evil 9 is a game. And that game may or may not take place in a location. Character/s could show up. Announcement and release to be revealed eventually.

Apr 5, 2022
While I largely agree with you, I don't think this is fair to Rev2. Claire and Barry are both equal protagonists. Claire's final chapter is much shorter than Barry's, but it's more than made up for since Claire comes back for the final boss fight in Barry's final chapter and gets the killing blow. Aside from a couple of awkwardly localized lines she has (bizarrely quoting Steve from CV, and being so awkward with Natalia), Claire is done no disservice in Rev2.

Okay okay you got me there but I still wish Claire could of gotten you know...treated better in that game aside from the points you made. XD I just didnt like how Claire treated Natalia different than Sherry but I guess you gotta give Moira that "kid caring" role that Claire had in RE2. Also her quoting Steve was so weird loool not sure if that was just done to make her like "Yeah, steve was right" or just something for Code Veronica fans to gush over. Either way, I hope Claire comes back in a BIG way down the road.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Might as well close the thread since dusk just admitted that the southeast asia setting rumor was based on possibly outdated info

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well close the thread since dusk just admitted that the southeast asia setting rumor was based on possibly outdated info
The original thread before the added stuff was just about the reveal being soon, the additional details (that I didn't really want public) were not part of the original thread creation.

I was debating how to tackle this for a while, and ultimately decided to give as sincere a description of the situation as I could.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
It would be extra funny if, after all these apologetic tweets, he still turned out to be right about the setting and release date lol

hamster1998

May 8, 2020
The original thread before the added stuff was just about the reveal being soon, the additional details (that I didn't really want public) were not part of the original thread creation.

I was debating how to tackle this for a while, and ultimately decided to give as sincere a description of the situation as I could.
Since a lot of this stuff might not hold up anyway do you know who was the protagonist of re9?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It would be extra funny if, after all these apologetic tweets, he still turned out to be right about the setting and release date lol

That's the thing, that's entirely possible. But I cannot right now with confidence say that with any sort of certainty. The stuff I'm sharing I didn't make up or anything, it could still be true is the thing, it's just stuff I heard a while ago that I don't know if things changed or not since I heard it (though the game did get a internal delay that's often done when RE games get reworked in some way, but rework can be "the game is mostly the same but we redid some areas/monsters/animations/story beats", to "We completely changed the game entirely" with this franchise), and haven't had a good way to revalidate if it's still true or not, is basically the situation. The reason I didn't want those details public is because they're old info and basically a Schrodinger's cat for me right now rather than something I'd be passing on publicly.

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
Here's what i know, but it could be wrong. Also, i could be right. And finally, both of these outcomes can be right. Or wrong.

--Duskgolem

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
In RE9's case, pretty much. It's the very reason I didn't want to go public with those details in the first place.
Yeah man, I get it, but your word it taken a bit too truthfully on the internet discourse regarding Resident Evil.
Having the little roundabout of "delayed - no wait not delayed" was funny but I mean.... what was delayed when it was not even announced in the first place by Capcom? Seems such a reach to me. Anyway, you do you.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
In RE9's case, pretty much. It's the very reason I didn't want to go public with those details in the first place.
why don't you just... not talk about it... like, period?

then "rumours from dusk golem" don't exist and you don't have to "go public with those details" ever

i get it's fun to know things ahead of time and that you're super passionate about all of these games but it feels like you're shooting yourself in the foot with this stuff

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
My uncle at Capcom just said on super secret discord that the protagonist is actually Tofu. Oh, and the game is set in a giant Walmart.

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously.

She was the main star of Revelations which is set in like 2005

kinda crazy to think Revelations is set nearly 20 years ago

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it's the first REX engine game with current gen graphics, unless Pragmata precedes it which I doubt.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I think Revelations is a shit game but come on now.
resident-evil-revelations-1-button-1640136891229.jpg
Why are ppl bring this up as a gotcha? It's a spinoff game that launched on 3ds lmao. Outside of modern remakes, jill, leon, and claire have been neglected by capcom for a decade now. It's basically been ethan and chris for the last two main games.

Apr 5, 2022
Hold on a moment, I know this topic is about Resident Evil but didn't Dusk the one who leaked the Silent Hill The Short Message protagonist before anyone else did? (the girl with the glasses) or was that another source? Correct me if I'm wrong <3 I know Dusk had some misses in the past like some RE2 Remake details but I dont know what else.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
It won't happen because I've already proven to the mod team multiple times I do have legitimate sources, and I can always revalidate in private if ever any concern over that.

why didn't you tell the guy who was asking you on twitter about the south east asian setting that whatever you've heard might have been outdated info? why did you let the rumor spread for days before backpedaling?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Ok so from what I understand:

An Arab RE fanpage tweeted that a Spanish-language gaming Twitter account got the Leon rumor from Dusk Golem:
View: https://twitter.com/PRE_Alarabiya/status/1789291502079758619

Said Spanish-language gaming Twitter account has also acknowledged Dusk Golem's recent retraction/clarification/whatever he wishes to call it and has also posted the allegedly deleted Discord message where he said that RE9 is an open world game starring Leon:
View: https://twitter.com/StiviwonderN/status/1789726581037859326