Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
why didn't you tell the guy who was asking you on twitter about the south east asian setting that whatever you've heard might have been outdated info? why did you let the rumor spread for days before backpedaling?
Simple: I've been busy, and thinking best how to approach this when it started blowing up. I'm s blabby person who did something thoughtless, so I decided to be more thoughtful when it was out of my hands when I had time to more properly tackle it publicly.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Simple: I've been busy, and thinking best how to approach this when it started blowing up. I'm s blabby person who did something thoughtless, so I decided to be more thoughtful when it was out of my hands when I had time to more properly tackle it publicly.
I don't see anything wrong tbh. You heard something, it's a bit outdated now but haven't heard anything to contradict it, just the passage of time makes you think it could have been changed. I heard something a few years back too that I thought was legit, haven't had an update on it or anything to the contrary and just the sheer amount of time that's passed is making me second guess it. It happens.

hamster1998

May 8, 2020
I think people have just been getting frustrated with things being said that haven't happened yet tbh. I think it really started with the Rebecca rev 3 game.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
xo7djt0tgo541.jpg

hamster1998

May 8, 2020
Ok so from what I understand:

An Arab RE fanpage tweeted that a Spanish-language gaming Twitter account got the Leon rumor from Dusk Golem:
View: https://twitter.com/PRE_Alarabiya/status/1789291502079758619

Said Spanish-language gaming Twitter account has also acknowledged Dusk Golem's recent retraction/clarification/whatever he wishes to call it and has also posted the allegedly deleted Discord message where he said that RE9 is an open world game starring Leon:
View: https://twitter.com/StiviwonderN/status/1789726581037859326

This is so frustrating

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hey, just wanted to shout you out for the Silent Hill explanation you posted on Twitter, great read! And also thanks for the RE tidbits, it's always intriguing to know the rumors and the behind the scenes info

Oct 25, 2017
Ok if we're gonna play include spinoff games where she also shares screen and playtime with Chris then sure.
Jill is the main character though and playable far more than the others and for the main part of the game

the none Jill stuff is divided by Chris, Parker and those random BSAA guys on side missions and flashbacks
Once Chris catches up with Jill he also isn't playable again

Revelations also isn't a spinoff,

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020

An Arab RE fanpage tweeted that a Spanish-language gaming Twitter account got the Leon rumor from Dusk Golem:

Said Spanish-language gaming Twitter account has also acknowledged Dusk Golem's recent retraction/clarification/whatever he wishes to call it and has also posted the allegedly deleted Discord message where he said that RE9 is an open world game starring Leon:

EXPOSED

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I still don't know how to feel about Resident Evil 9 being potentially open-world. I have 100% faith in Capcom to deliver an amazing RE experience because they haven't let me down yet and their recent games have only gotten progressively better. But goodness am I having a tough time wrapping my head around it. I'm afraid it will kill the replay value which is one of the best things about franchise.

Jun 2, 2022

This screenshot seems fake to me

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
The Rev games aren't spinoffs tho, they're smaller budget mainline entries.

Jill is the main character though and playable far more than the others and for the main part of the game

the none Jill stuff is divided by Chris, Parker and those random BSAA guys on side missions and flashbacks
Once Chris catches up with Jill he also isn't playable again

Revelations also isn't a spinoff,

I mean this is the first time I've seen anyone classify Revelations as a mainline entry. I don't consider that the case at all. And I also don't think Capcom themselves would be interested in that debate either. All I know is that Revelations exist as side stories separate from the numbered entries, who not only tend to be direct sequels to their predecessors, but also carry much higher production values with them. They are the big Resident Evil games, and in that regard Jill is way overdue to star in one of them.

Edit: I thought Revelations was a lot older than it was.

Even if I'd agree with you on Rev 1, that's still a 12 year old game. No matter how you slice it, Jill is overdue for a lead role.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is the first time I've seen anyone classify Revelations as a mainline entry. I don't consider that the case at all. And I also don't think Capcom themselves would be interested in that debate either. All I know is that Revelations exist as side stories separate from the numbered entries, who not only tend to be direct sequels to their predecessors, but also carry much higher production values with them. They are the big Resident Evil games, and in that regard Jill is way overdue to star in one of them.

Even if I'd agree with you on Rev 1, that's still a near 20 year old game. No matter how you slice it, Jill is overdue for a lead role.
Revelations released in 2012 not 2004 lol.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: I thought Revelations was a lot older than it was.

Even if I'd agree with you on Rev 1, that's still a 12 year old game. No matter how you slice it, Jill is overdue for a lead role.

Really? I've never heard anyone call them anything other than mainline. Spinoffs are games like Survivor, Gaiden, ORC, etc. And yeah, not debating that Jill isn't overdo, just the classification of the Rev games.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Really? I've never heard anyone call them anything other than mainline. Spinoffs are games like Survivor, Gaiden, ORC, etc. And yeah, not debating that Jill isn't overdo, just the classification of the Rev games.

Guess it's anecdotal because it's been the opposite for me. I tried to look up as much info as I could on the development of Revelations and there's not really a definitive answer on whether Capcom considers it a mainline entry, so it's just going to come down how the individual views it.

The main numbered entries receive the higher production values and play out as sequels to one another, moving the timeline forward. Revelations 1 is it's own self contained story that takes place before RE5. Same goes for Revelations 2 which takes place before RE6. Also to my knowledge there was a Revelations 3 planned, but hasn't panned out. It seemed like at one point in time, Revelations was going to be it's own separate thing from the main numbered entries in the franchise, but then plans changed.