Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I just wanted to come in and drop the Little Brother line. I see it's already happened, dammit.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just a reminder that the Rock has and will forever be a Republican. Just cause he didn't like Trump doesn't mean he's finally woken up to some actual progressive ideals.

Edit: Dwayne the GOP Johnson

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Between "asking questions" about covid/vaccines and peddling NFTs, celebrities are really on a mission to expose how much we should stop paying attention to them. The world would be such a better place.
I never understood why people put celebrities up on a pedestal. They are regular people with a particular talent and got money for that talent. It doesn't make them smarter or have more common sense then the next person.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
wesley-crying-wesley-snipes.gif

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
On face value, the Joe Rogan thoughts video The Rock liked is actually decently communicated and if I didn't know anything else about Joe Rogan and I would be like "OK that makes all sense".

But since I know both his audience and everyone he has platformed in his past. That's the problem. If his audience was sophisticated intelligent critical thinkers and he platformed someone with a different view while objecting to them correctly, then what he said would be OK. But truth is his audience is full of a bunch of right-wing racists and platforming (and he validates them as well) those people spreads it further.

He won't admit that.

EDIT - And of course that isn't talking about all the racist shit he's said himself as well.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the Rock is aware of his racist bullshit against black people?

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Makes me feel better about being one of the thousands who boo'd the shit out of him at Royal Rumble 2015.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
If you're shocked by this, you're a jabroni mark.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
You cant afford to piss off the shitheads if you plan on running for political office. Only thing Rock cares about is himself.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
On face value, the Joe Rogan thoughts video The Rock liked is actually decently communicated and if I didn't know anything else about Joe Rogan and I would be like "OK that makes all sense".

But since I know both his audience and everyone he has platformed in his past. That's the problem. If his audience was sophisticated intelligent critical thinkers and he platformed someone with a different view while objecting to them correctly, then what he said would be OK. But truth is his audience is full of a bunch of right-wing racists and platforming (and he validates them as well) those people spreads it further.

He won't admit that.
It's not though.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Rock being what he truly is. Finally. No more AI generated mass market content.

Oh, who am I kidding. Red Notice was seen by everybody and forgotten the next day.

Oct 27, 2017
Like it's stupid but it's kinda a non response by Rock PR wise just saying nice "get it done" stuff to Rogan without giving his real opinion.

I mean Rogan post was dumb but he was trying to say it a half assed way he will do better about misinfo, and while I still don't believe him, Rock is just taking his statement at face value because what else would Rock say publicly?

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
Wait people think DJ is some kind of progressive?

I bet some of you thought that feature he did on that Tech N9ne track was "legit good" too.

Nov 19, 2019
It was always clear to me that The Rock had right-ish tendencies, but after that pro-vaccine video I'm still surprised to see him jump into defend Joe Rogan in this context.

Like, for sure he likes the guy and listens to the podcast and wants to sell his tequila or whatever. But I would've expected him to lay low here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
When The Rock got Covid, didn't he indirectly call out trump and failed leadership?

This is confusing.
The Rock is pretty shallow as far as "let's all get along and sing kumbaya" with a basic surface level approach to most things. That's the reason he never really articulates any political views despite always being floated by people for a presidential run, he seems to communicate solely in blandly positive PR statements.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I️ was also surprised he got a pass on here. He's been pretty right leaning/both sides etc.

Still think he plans to run for office in the future

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
It was always clear to me that The Rock had right-ish tendencies, but after that pro-vaccine video I'm still surprised to see him jump into defend Joe Rogan in this context.

Like, for sure he likes the guy and listens to the podcast and wants to sell his tequila or whatever. But I would've expected him to lay low here.
Rock has tequila to sell these days! You gotta hustle and grind to sell that tequila!

Please try a free sample of this delicious tequila. I bought 40 skids of it and my wife told me I need to clear out the space it's taking up in the garage.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Did anybody bother to verify if there is any truth to this absolutely shitty article? Or are we suddenly believing The Daily Wire at face value?

I really think we need a better source than The Daily Wire.