• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I think these two are the Faddy posts of note, just because people like to mention at least some of their mates in their read posts. The 1st post ain't even that interesting now that I actually read it.

There isn't much to comment on. I disliked Zipped list of town/scum because it was different to my list. Other than that I can't think of any one else that has expressed much of an opinion.

If you want meta reads. Blarg is posting his usual nonsense. You are active but not as over-active as you are when it is obvious you are town. wee is light town. Reki pinged me as scum for a series of nothing questions.

I have a whole list of people I have absolutely nothing on. Rac, L_P, Maol, Stan, VA. And unfortunatley there isn't anyone in this game I have a good meta read on so it is hard to find some easy towns. And it doesn't make it easier when you are someone I can usually find as town early but inn this game In have nagging doubts.

My town right now is wee, chuggs, sawneeks, jman and kyan. All these people feel very natural in just posting their thoughts with no regard to anything else that is happening. I like fat4all too but not for the same reason, he has been a bit more intent on solving which for now i will give a town read.

People I don't like because they feel forced. Zipped, Conditional Pancakes, A Wild Ambulance, Launchpad, AllthePurpleThings, Reki.

Other than that there isn't a whole lot else goiing on that is pinging me as town or scum. Blarg is in his meta where I can't tell yet. And while I feel like moal has been townie I'm not sure I can read him.

A list of ten people on the 2nd post. I need to re-evaluate things, I've been quite wrong so far. Need to compare folks against the vote record too.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a weird amount of racing games on top of the usual stuff. Topgear Overdrive. Beetle Adventure Racing, and San Francisco Rush are the ones I remember. Sam Francisco Rush was janky as hell lol

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
BEGINS!

4wYQ9E6.jpg

Fanto, why do we need to play on such a small screen..?

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Jman :(

I'm still out, just check in on my phone, but for those deep in rereading Faddy, maybe check players he bounced off of or those he didn't interact with at all

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I remember renting a south park game on the n64 and it was badddd i remember there being lots of turkeys and you can throw yellow snowballs lol

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I had a weird amount of racing games on top of the usual stuff. Topgear Overdrive. Beetle Adventure Racing, and San Francisco Rush are the ones I remember. Sam Francisco Rush was janky as hell lol
I had a bunch too. In addition to that weird Beetle racing game, I had a Hot Wheels game, Crusin' USA, DKR, Mickey's Speedway USA, and MK64.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I remember renting a south park game on the n64 and it was badddd i remember there being lots of turkeys and you can throw yellow snowballs lol
South Park 64

s-l500.jpg

it had an impossible final boss

fun multiplayer, tho

there's also Chef's Love Shack

n64_south_park_chefs_luvshack_p_kox4js.jpg

which was part gameshow, part minigames

think shittier mario party

also south park rally

442576-south-park-rally-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg

think very bad racer

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously go to bed if you're not gonna play mafia. We got like 8 replacements already and they have to read this shit.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
First a Kyan Cop and now a Fun Cop? I hate this game.

Peeps, what's the deal with Zipped? I am not good when it comes to picking up connections with people, I always focus on other more irrelevant things.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
First a Kyan Cop and now a Fun Cop? I hate this game.

Peeps, what's the deal with Zipped? I am not good when it comes to picking up connections with people, I always focus on other more irrelevant things.
Zipped spent most of D1 throwing shade at Hawthorn and Launch. Faddy did not like his reads and threw light shade at him. At the end of the day, Zipped abandons his read and vote of Hawthorn and threw a vote at turmoil.

It all looks bad, I think.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
At the same time, why would a scum!Zipped jump off Hawthorn who was town and definitely about to flip with all the pressure being on me, Saw, Launch, Kyan and ATP.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Maolfunction
Funky dude sparks
Launchpad
Kyan
Sawneeks
AllThingsPurple
Hedin
LP

We all voted for hawthorn, I guess its unlikely we are all town, though not impossible

Sawneeks, kyan, myself and launchpad were all referenced in that post faddy made giving his reads, an even split, saw and kyan as town me and launch as scum.

I dont know if one of us is more or less likely to be scum or not. I think launchpad was the only one of us on hawthorn vote before the lovers claim happened but I'm not 100% on that I know I got on board after.

Not sure what any of this means but there it is

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
At the same time, why would a scum!Zipped jump off Hawthorn who was town and definitely about to flip with all the pressure being on me, Saw, Launch, Kyan and ATP.
if a train gets rolling scum doesnt have to stay on board

when i play scum it's really easy to watch town work themselves up after even the slightest prod, then distance and find justifications for going a different way

if the train keeps going or not, it puts a focus elsewhere

tho at the same time, ive also scum-rode the hell out of some trains knowing it might make me look suspicious, but at the same time being suspeciaous in a group of suspicious people can help you not stand out as much as you'd think

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this. Didn't like Faddy's plan either, but I need to think more on that vote. Usually like his town play and I've seen him mislunched D1 once or twice so that's why I'm being careful with suspicion there.

As wee said somewhere, Faddy has a bit of a wacky play sometimes, and that's NAI. I saw Before the Sun's meanie!Faddy too, so it's not a blank check either.
Is Faddy exaggerating and throwing unfair shade? Yes, Chuggs wasn't tricking people to get that money - although a sided bet goes against the L&R spirit, but whatever -.
Was Chuggs against moving money to one random person? Yes, at the start of the game.
Can we suspect Chuggs for this?
Don't want to go turmoil - he's trying something different, same as jman, so I wanna see how it goes the next phase - and I'm thinking about Hawthorn.
Wait, the bet! They tried to do it - or at least Hawthorn tried -.

Why do you try and give money to someone you don't know is town, in a Bastard game?
Reki was a 3rd train I tried to push into contention in lieu of lover-claim, which did work as they became the 2nd most voted option.

Here are things why I thought it was a reasonable lunch option, about faddy, of whom i was sus all game and i had a mental note of the supporting-faddy arguments, which were never TOO strong, just gentle scummy thoughts. Reki also shaded chuggs, which i thought was weird and bad for reki - maybe it sounds fake, not sure what i'm saying here.

then kept throwing shade at the lovers to get them voted out. Given the faddy and lover flips i think reki MAY have been a scum train.
Oh sorry everyone the fun police have arrived
Hey poker master wanna play a game?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
My record so far is really bad. Break Launch and you can break me. I didn't want to vote for Faddy early on and never got any further with it than suggesting that I might end up there eventually. I even pushed for an alternative to him. I also did a 180 with Hawthorn and ended up getting two townies for one. I regret nothing but being a fool.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think these two are the Faddy posts of note, just because people like to mention at least some of their mates in their read posts. The 1st post ain't even that interesting now that I actually read it.

A list of ten people on the 2nd post. I need to re-evaluate things, I've been quite wrong so far. Need to compare folks against the vote record too.

Thank you for this, kyaaa. Thinking Zipped is unlikely to be a teammate just from this, and Fat, from the way they are separated. Hmm, probably also Blarg.

Faddy's scum-ish list as of second post: Zipped, Pancakes, Ambulance/me, Launch, ATP, Reki
^^^were any of these people on kill radar? I saw some votes on Reki, and Zipped has ASS (lol always scummy syndrome). What was general feeling about the others? Not sure he'd slip a teammate into there unless they were super townread otherwise or were likely inevitable.

But maybe one in here: wee, Chuggs, Sneeks, jman/donna, Kyan. Bad for me because this also aligns with much of my early town list and now I doubt myself. hmm... there doesn't have to be one in that list tho. As I read I'll look for general feeling around them, too.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
faddy was too aggressive

im positive they overplayed their hand day 1 in some way (other than the way that got his iced)

imo, someone Faddy attacked or aligned with is scum

who is the question, tho

Faddy was doing this seriously and properly, they probably didnt expect to get killed so quickly

if I was scum, I probably woulda attacked a fellow scum as a way to mend the bridge later on in the game, "I disagreed with X before, but now I think we're on the same page" sort of thing, building connections for future plays where scum can line up on a vote without looking sus

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Clear the table of wine. Yeah, that's what I want. It's a headache for town to keep them alive at this point.
Maol, have you addressed why you were so convinced? Some section of the thread you want to point to? Because... this is day one and there was an actual clear way to probably protect them. But you were among those who went hardest on this vote. Was it just the Faddy-not-voting-Hawthorn thing or was there more?

If you've already talked about it, just point me

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Faddy's scum-ish list as of second post: Zipped, Pancakes, Ambulance/me, Launch, ATP, Reki
^^^were any of these people on kill radar? I saw some votes on Reki, and Zipped has ASS (lol always scummy syndrome). What was general feeling about the others? Not sure he'd slip a teammate into there unless they were super townread otherwise or were likely inevitable.

Some folks considered Zipped suspicious. The common view on Pancakes wasn't very clear. Ambulance got some attention only because he was a bit silent, it was far from anything major. Overall I think people considered him an unknown. Launch had like four votes on him at that point and the train had just recently formed. ATP wasn't under much scrutiny IIRC, there might've been some reads on him besides me and Chuggs though. I don't remember what people thought about Reki at that point.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
liquid bosman is not official easy allies lore

but he's got a fine bottom

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Maol, have you addressed why you were so convinced? Some section of the thread you want to point to? Because... this is day one and there was an actual clear way to probably protect them. But you were among those who went hardest on this vote. Was it just the Faddy-not-voting-Hawthorn thing or was there more?

If you've already talked about it, just point me
It was just me not wanting the "what if" question to linger indefinitely. There might have been a clear way to protect them, but it became evident very quickly that there would have been a lot of air taken up by the question of their alignments. We had just flipped scum, and even if it was risky, I wanted that flip cleared up while it would do the least amount of harm to town if they were both town. I also thought there was a reasonable chance one of them was scum in this format.

It also strengthened my town read of Launch and Kyan. And even Saw a bit because it'd be very risky for a hurting scum teammate to double down on a flip that would make them look extremely bad.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It was just me not wanting the "what if" question to linger indefinitely. There might have been a clear way to protect them, but it became evident very quickly that there would have been a lot of air taken up by the question of their alignments. We had just flipped scum, and even if it was risky, I wanted that flip cleared up while it would do the least amount of harm to town if they were both town. I also thought there was a reasonable chance one of them was scum in this format.

It also strengthened my town read of Launch and Kyan. And even Saw a bit because it'd be very risky for a hurting scum teammate to double down on a flip that would make them look extremely bad.
But it was... one day. You know?

And why did those folks look better specifically when so many were advocating to kill the lovers?